LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Does Your Therapist Support You?

Veg

Have an appointment coming uo with ny therapist, and I've been thinking about telling them about liking diapers and being alright with being incontinent, has anyone had any luck with this in regards to theirs?

I'm rather worried they'll judge me or send me away (can they do that?)

So a good therapist def won’t judge you. Therapy isn’t about judging you, it’s about a professional helping you explore who you are and gain insight into yourself, as well as supporting you in everyday life (depending on the type of therapy)…

ive told my therapists and it’s been a non issue. At times they have asked more, others have just kindof said “hey whatever u do between u and your partner is consensually is fine.” 

their reaction may depend in part what and why you are telling them. If it’s causing you distress, I would def talk with them. That’s literally what they are there for. If there’s something about it bugging you or you are trying to understand something — also a pretty good reason. If you just want to and don’t even know why— even that may be worth exploring. 

the only thing I can think of is , is this your very first visit , and if so, is this the primary reason you are going to therapy… if not, and if it is the first visit, then maybe there are other pressing issues ??

but that said , talking about a personal topic and trying to understand yourself is totally allowable

And in case I didn’t answer clearly :

every therapist I have talked to about it has either been supportive, supportively inquisitive, or in one case slightly awkward about it (and let’s be honest, some people just have trouble talking about this stuff ). 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Veg said:

Have an appointment coming uo with ny therapist, and I've been thinking about telling them about liking diapers and being alright with being incontinent, has anyone had any luck with this in regards to theirs?

I went to a therapist for a short time, but I was dealing with being diagnosed with type-2 diabetes.  By that time, my diaper use was not a factor in me needing therapy.   I understood why I had it, I accepted it, and it was a functional coping mechanism for me to deal with all of the other crap that I have to deal with on a daily basis.  I considered discussing it with him, but I had other things to discuss.   

7 hours ago, Veg said:

I've been talking to my therapist about abdls, diaper use, regressed headspace, and all that for about 4 years now. 

If anything, I'd say he's the person I talk to about diapers the most, and he has proven invaluable with supporting my bladder retraining. Heck, he's currently helping me stay accountable to my little development goals. More play, more toys, and more fun.

Heck, tomorrow's session is going to be about talking about & naming the most difficult or shameful stuff I can.

Talking to a professional about my diaper desires? Totally one of the best choices I've ever made.

Update: I talked to my therapist about not minding and kinda liking wearing diapers. Didn't tell her everything about my feelings regarding them yet but her response so far was supportive!

She mentioned I looked happier then she's ever seen me, and less stressed. 

Overall a good interaction, a pleasent suprise. Thanm you for all the replies above ^^ was very helpful!

• Like 1