LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Going 24/7 has proved such a relief (pun intended)

On 11/9/2021 at 5:25 PM, Little Belle said:

I continue to struggle with peeing whilst laying in bed.

Hi Belle.  Lying in bed last night I suddenly remembered something that helped me when I started wearing at night.  I added a second pillow, which raised my head up a little more.  I've no idea why, but having my head just that little bit higher made it much easier to start wetting when I needed to.  It may not work for you, but it's worth a try.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Stroller said:

Hi Belle.  Lying in bed last night I suddenly remembered something that helped me when I started wearing at night.  I added a second pillow, which raised my head up a little more.  I've no idea why, but having my head just that little bit higher made it much easier to start wetting when I needed to.  It may not work for you, but it's worth a try.

Thanks @Stroller and 1 week on I've nearly cracked this! Strange how we adjust really quickly. I've actually been really surprised how quickly my continence level seems to have dropped off generally. It's almost like my body has just gone 'aaaand.....relax'.

About 5 or 6 weeks into 24/7 I'm finding that daytime peeing is something I generally don't have to think about that much anymore, I'm able to wet in the night lying down now (90% of the time without 'pushing' at all) and going while sitting and walking is becoming easier.

Plus I'm really really enjoying how liberated I feel now I'm not constantly having to find and use a loo!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Little Belle said:

Thanks @Stroller and 1 week on I've nearly cracked this! Strange how we adjust really quickly. I've actually been really surprised how quickly my continence level seems to have dropped off generally. It's almost like my body has just gone 'aaaand.....relax'.

About 5 or 6 weeks into 24/7 I'm finding that daytime peeing is something I generally don't have to think about that much anymore, I'm able to wet in the night lying down now (90% of the time without 'pushing' at all) and going while sitting and walking is becoming easier.

Plus I'm really really enjoying how liberated I feel now I'm not constantly having to find and use a loo!

@Little Belle @Stroller

what is the things that I have learned is that a pillow in the position that you say is the best way to handle being able to breathe as well as help you able to use your diaper. Because of the fact that I have asthma, I have to have my head up to him and because of the fact that I have to do this, without this, and coughing wheezing and everything else, it just is not comfortable. Sleeping is the most important thing that you will do all of your life, so it is always important that you be as comfortable as you can be.

as you keep using diapers, you are assigned it is easier and easier to use. You just have to as you stated continue to relax and just let it happen. For example yesterday several times I went to the bathroom and I didn’t think about it more worried about it because it just came out. Most times I don’t even have to work at it, it just comes out and that’s that. I have to do a PM, that may take a little bit, but I can still do it with little to no interaction.

it is quite “Liberating”. The hardest thing that I have found is that the number of times you have to get up depending how much you eat or drink liquids. When you don’t have to get up as much time as you are able to relax, and when you have the right date wrong, you can let it ride. Sounds to me is if you are more than halfway there, and that is good. Keep up the good work!

take care

Brian

• Thanks 1
On 11/14/2021 at 8:55 AM, Stroller said:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Cushy Tushy said:

I have been in this lifestyle for 19 years and 12 years doing it 24/7. I love the comfort and security of wearing and using my diaper all the time wherever I am. 

Totally agree. It is so comforting and warm and soft. Very addictive in fact! That's a long time as 24/7! 

12 minutes ago, Newbee said:

By wearing diapers it causes less anxiety of trying to make it to the potty before wetting yourself. Well that’s what I have found anyway.

Same for me. I realise now that I've been quite stressed everyday for about 15 years. Trips out were often a nightmare trying to make sure there would be a toilet somewhere near and sport had become almost a complete no-no because I would be constantly leaking.

I've now been 24/7 for 6 weeks and although this is a drop in the ocean compared to how long someone like @Cushy Tushy has been doing it,  I do feel that I'm pretty settled into the routine now.

I'm gradually ticking off the 'firsts' such as last week I worked all day at a trade show and found nappies a definite advantage during a busy day in front of customers. This also meant changing in a public WC which was new for me and I was totally fine (even with the obligatory tape tearing sounds and leaving the stall with a used nappy). 

I've also had my first cases of nappies delivered - now that I've hit on a couple of favourites, I've shopped around and ordered enough to keep me comfortably padded for the next 5 weeks or so. This felt like a bit of a milestone as I stacked them into my cupboard and filled up my nappy drawer and psychologically it felt like I was accepting that this is now just a part of my everyday life.

And I couldn’t be happier with it ?

• Like 4
32 minutes ago, Little Belle said:

Totally agree. It is so comforting and warm and soft. Very addictive in fact! That's a long time as 24/7! 

Same for me. I realise now that I've been quite stressed everyday for about 15 years. Trips out were often a nightmare trying to make sure there would be a toilet somewhere near and sport had become almost a complete no-no because I would be constantly leaking.

I've now been 24/7 for 6 weeks and although this is a drop in the ocean compared to how long someone like @Cushy Tushy has been doing it,  I do feel that I'm pretty settled into the routine now.

I'm gradually ticking off the 'firsts' such as last week I worked all day at a trade show and found nappies a definite advantage during a busy day in front of customers. This also meant changing in a public WC which was new for me and I was totally fine (even with the obligatory tape tearing sounds and leaving the stall with a used nappy). 

I've also had my first cases of nappies delivered - now that I've hit on a couple of favourites, I've shopped around and ordered enough to keep me comfortably padded for the next 5 weeks or so. This felt like a bit of a milestone as I stacked them into my cupboard and filled up my nappy drawer and psychologically it felt like I was accepting that this is now just a part of my everyday life.

And I couldn’t be happier with it ?

Yes it is the most comforting thing and it is so warm and soft and padded or shall I say cushy. ?  It has been a long and enjoyable time wearing 24/7. During that time I have become unpotty trained completely to both bladder and bowel. So I am now completely incontinent. 

57 minutes ago, Cushy Tushy said:

It has been a long and enjoyable time wearing 24/7. During that time I have become unpotty trained completely to both bladder and bowel. So I am now completely incontinent. 

Wow so you decided to go from full continence to full incontinence and with no regrets? That's impressive. I'm already starting from a fairly piss-poor level of continence so I don't think it will be long before I reach the point of no return and feel like I'm just accepting the inevitable. It sounds like we will both enjoy it just as much though ?

3 minutes ago, Little Belle said:

Wow so you decided to go from full continence to full incontinence and with no regrets? That's impressive. I'm already starting from a fairly piss-poor level of continence so I don't think it will be long before I reach the point of no return and feel like I'm just accepting the inevitable. It sounds like we will both enjoy it just as much though ?

Yes and the journey was a long one. I wouldn't change my decision for the world though. During that process I met two wonderful ladies at an Adult Baby Social Event that they have in my area and after talking and meeting for quite some time they became my roommates. They both already knew one another as they had been in a relationship with one another for years. One of them is now my mommy and the other is now my babysitter when mommy works(she works in the evening). 

I can tell you once you reach total incontinence the security of having that diaper on your bottom at all times becomes a totally difference thing. The diaper remains a comfort point in your life for sure the the security of having it all the time is huge. 

• Like 2

If you are worried about the noise of the tapes when undoing them while you are in public toilets then maybe put a small pair of scissors in your bag to cut the diaper off.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Newbee said:

If you are worried about the noise of the tapes when undoing them while you are in public toilets then maybe put a small pair of scissors in your bag to cut the diaper off.

???. @Newbee

or, Like me, I carry my keys on a carabiner on my belt loop so therefore when I’m moving around if I have to drop my pants down my keys make noise when they hit the ground and when I’m moving, the keys make so much noise, that’s a diaper tapes usually don’t make a difference. I also have an advantage because when I go into a public bathroom when I am at work, I can lock the door, and there’s only one person that can go in there at a time.

I believe there are other people around here that also wear a lot of jiggly jewelry and that way the noises that their diapers make our negated by the noise that their jewelry keys are any other bangles make.

Brian

• Like 1

@Newbee @~Brian~ you know what? I'm not sure I'm bothered at all! I think I'm past caring really.... I've spent too many years of my life bothering what other people think about stuff and I'm really not going to sweat about whether or not they think I'm in a stall changing a nappy. I need one on and I need to change it. It's nothing to do with them.

I'm more bothered about have a big bum in all this padding but that's my body insecurity issues, not lack of confidence per se. I'm working on getting over that one too - mainly by switching up my wardrobe choices and with channeling my 'I don't care any more vibe' ?

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Little Belle said:

@Newbee @~Brian~ you know what? I'm not sure I'm bothered at all! I think I'm past caring really.... I've spent too many years of my life bothering what other people think about stuff and I'm really not going to sweat about whether or not they think I'm in a stall changing a nappy. I need one on and I need to change it. It's nothing to do with them.

I'm more bothered about have a big bum in all this padding but that's my body insecurity issues, not lack of confidence per se. I'm working on getting over that one too - mainly by switching up my wardrobe choices and with channeling my 'I don't care any more vibe' ?

@Little Belle love your attitude. I have the same not bothered by it attitude as well. I have been an adult baby for way too long to be bothered by feeling uncomfortable. Now when out in public mommy and/or my babysitter do try to use a family style changing rest room to change me. Almost all the Walmarts and Targets in my area have them. As for walking around in public in a really bulky diaper , I don't really pay much attention to that as well. I just go on with my waddle.:) I just think to myself these people are never going to see me again. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Little Belle said:

That chimes with me.  I have to worry about what my wife worries about, and about keeping the kids in the dark (even though they're adults now), but other than that I'm not too bothered.  I keep reasonably vanilla in my clothes and behaviour, but if I need a change I need a change.  I've been making wardrobe improvements too, and I've been enjoying that rather than worrying about it.  My first vanilla dungarees arrived at the weekend, and they really work well at hiding the bulgy bits of nappy.  They feel good too!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I haven't been 24/7 for long really, especially compared to some of the long time people in here but I have had an epiphany that really helped me. Being urge incontinent and overactive bladder made my life outside the house a constant anxiety. My journey to 24/7 was a very slow, stubborn denial because I liked the idea of my diapers being something I chose because I enjoyed them rather than underwear I had to wear. Over time I began wearing anytime I was going to be on a long car ride. Long rides became more enjoyable because there was an absence of anxiety. I began wearing when going out shopping and gradually wearing anytime I went out.

I had tried pullups for a time. High quality pullups from North shore but after the first full wetting or a couple small ones I found myself feeling anxious because they would leak if pushed too far. I realized I was simply trading one source of anxiety, having to worry about needing a bathroom for a different source of anxiety, whether my pullup would leak. This also made me realize that when I wore good quality plastic backed diapers I was anxious about someone noticing. I finally realized that what works best for me is to wear diapers I can be confident that will not leak and I needed to stop trying to jump through hoops to ensure nobody notices. I can't control what anybody thinks or says but I can control how I live. Now I wear dry 24/7 during the day whether I'm home our out somewhere. I wear cloth with Gary 7 mil plastic pants at night and they go out on our clothesline no matter who is coming by for a visit. No more anxiety. I should have done this much sooner and I owe a lot to my partner who has always been completely supportive of me being in diapers full time. I hope this can help others that are struggling.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I can confirm. I was in the situation myself, where I needed a toilet every 15 minutes. I took me a loong time where I was sometimes wearing diapers and sometimes in the mood "I can do It without". But this resulted in nothing but stress. 

When I accepted and got in the rythme of puttin on a diper in the morning, nomater what feeling I had that day, brought me a huge relife. Less stress, les thinking,....

• Thanks 1

Having been IC for so many years now, I know all my triggers. That means I know when I have to wear, and when it is optional. So until my triggers change, I'm OK with wearing only at certain times. When my triggers change again, I will have to readjust my routine. I've learned to not get upset when this happens, so my serenity is not disturbed.

• 2 months later...

Just checking back in as I've been a bit MIA for the last couple of months due to lots of work stuff - but all good! I haven't got much to report other than to say that I'm still super happy with my choice and feel like it's 'normal' to be padded 24/7 now. Currently sitting in my jimjams with a lovely comfy pink Northshore on and it feels fabulous. They are pricey but have to be THE comfiest nappy ever ?

I'm not sure how IC I am now - probably permanently worse for wearing 24/7 but I suppose its a bit irrelevant now I've decided this is the way forward for me.

I'm definitely more confident about having a big bum when out and about now but as it's been winter here in the UK it's also easy to wrap up in big tops, dresses and coats so ask me again when I'm wanting to wear shorts and t-shirts...! 

I've just ordered my first LittleforBig onsie (finally!) so that's going to be a good way of doing the shorts and t-shirt combo as the weather gets warmer. 

• Like 4

@Little Belle

we all have very busy lives, and there are times when I even get busy and have a little time to be able to chat. Wearing diapers 24 seven like I have for three years almost has been a blessing in disguise. I have realized that the stress level has gone down considerably as far as that goes, and when I went to the doctor on Friday, he told me that I looked younger and that I would’ve felt happier according to what he saw when I walked in the door. I love my doctor because he is so attentive to my needs, and he always knows when something is wrong, and is always willing to help me when necessary.

The level of your incontinence may be based on the condition of your bladder or your bowels  and how much you eat or drink. If you are constantly drinking liquid, there is a higher probability that you will be releasing more liquid more frequently. Incontinence for me it’s not that big a deal, because what the heck, you have to go to the bathroom, why worry about where you go or when you go when you have a diaper on.

I also share your sentiments and being more confident. Now I don’t have to worry constantly about getting up and going into the bathroom, or doing that step every hour or every two hours. There’s no way that I should be limited because of incontinence, and there’s no reason why my life should stop because of the fact that I have a problem with incontinence. Acceptance is part of the deal with this, and who knows I may end up being lucky enough to have a nice lady someday you understands me totally, and accept me for who I am. That’s basically it, I hope that someday someone finds me, and decides that she understands and supports me: I am a nice guy and have a lot to give to some lucky lady, but I just haven’t found the right one yet. I won’t stress over that, because that is a stress factor all of its own. But someday, I wish that it would happen and I would have a nice lady to hang out with some days. I guess I can dream, and hope. Meanwhile, my confidence has increased because I don’t have to worry about this anymore, and there are many things that I have relegated to the “not worry about it section“ because I have people that are willing to help me, the support I need to help me live my life to the extent possible that I can, and support in the fact that my decision about my incontinence and using diapers what is the right one. There is nothing to be ashamed of or afraid of, and I will not worry about that, because I need my diapers no questions asked, and that is a good thing for me. It is a choice that helps me to know that whatever happens, I am protected and OK.

I don’t worry about my bum size because I figure that when I go out, I cover my diaper with Garywear, and because of the colors I choose, nobody is the wiser because that is my underwear. I’m not worried about my incontinence anymore, because I have the necessary equipment to deal with it, whether I am at home, or I am somewhere staying with someone. I guess parents sometimes used to pick on us because we had “bubble butt“ or because they thought we were cute in our diapers, or cute doing something that we were doing when we were kids.  As an adult, I enjoy wearing diapers, and it is comforting to know that I have what I need and I don’t have to worry anymore. 100% of this decision removes about 90% of the worry, and allows me to work on other things that I have to put my mind to.

don’t be a stranger come back and see us again! ?

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Corrected a word
  • Like 1
On 2/27/2022 at 8:11 PM, Little Belle said:

I'm not sure how IC I am now - probably permanently worse for wearing 24/7 but I suppose its a bit irrelevant now I've decided this is the way forward for me.

Welcome back Belle.  The above quote fits me perfectly too, so thanks for saying it!

• Like 1
On 2/27/2022 at 3:11 PM, Little Belle said:

That reminds me why I’m kept in diapers permanently. I’m an adult baby and incontinent and I’m kept in diapers permanently. It’s my way of dealing with being incontinent and being kept in diapers. They make being diapered so much easier on me and being an adult baby let’s me have an adulthood in my own way. Being diapered has boost my confidence and has made it much easier on me. It’s why I’m not ashamed of being diapered and I don’t care if people notice or see my diapers. 

• Like 3
  • 3 months later...

Hi I know I've been shockingly absent lately (huge project with work plus studying plus family stuff) but I am still here so I thought I'd better do an update to let you know what's going on.

Things are great and I feel a lot more settled with being 24/7. There have been quite a few changes physically but as I haven't been keeping a journal, it's hard for me to recount them all. (Well done to those of you who do document your journey as I'm sure it's fun to look back on and see how far you've come.)

The biggest change is that I've lost probably 90% of my bladder control and I'm not particularly conscious about when I'm going to pee and sometimes it's just lots of small leaks fairly constantly which I barely notice. Then other times it's like finding myself at the top of a hill (weird analysis maybe!) where I suddenly notice my bladder is quite full and before I've processed that thought, we're over the hill and I've filled the nappy. I prefer the slow drip method as it seems less likely to flood but the ones which take me to the top of the hill are actually quite thrilling! So there you are, perhaps I've found a bit of a kink I didn't know I had ?

The last thing I wanted when I decided to go 24/7 was to allow my bowel continence to deteriorate as the idea of shovelling any sh*t was, frankly, quite yukky to me. I'm not sure how I was realistically going to achieve UI without BI happening too but as I've always been very constipated all my life, I just assumed I'd be too far on the continuum away from bowel incontinence for it to be an issue. However, I suppose it was going to be inevitable that now things are so relaxed down there that my bowels would become weak too. That's been a real eye-opener. I can't say that the act itself is unpleasant (as it's really quite pleasant indeed) but the clean up is not for the faint hearted. And I've also not had a BM whilst I've been away from home yet. But the likelihood of it happening has made me expand my changing bag provisions and keep spare clothing in my car.

Like most people who go 24/7 I now have a fairly big stash of nappies and have tried various brands. I've come to the conclusion that the difference between feeling confident out and about and feeling worried I might leak/smell/rub is sticking to Tena Slip Maxi. They are so comfy, so absorbant and really not too bulky. I get through 3-4 a day (depending on BMs) so I'm happy with that price-wise too.

As for social stuff, life has gone on pretty much as normal, just with the slight difference that I'm not running to the loo every 30 minutes and I always have this reassuring snuggly feeling of being padded. I think that is something which has also surprised me - just how much I love wearing nappies. All the hassle and expense is worth it for that feeling of being safe and warm in a lovely soft nappy.

If I think of anything else worth mentioning, I'll let you know ?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
11 hours ago, Little Belle said:

Hi I know I've been shockingly absent lately (huge project with work plus studying plus family stuff) but I am still here so I thought I'd better do an update to let you know what's going on.

Things are great and I feel a lot more settled with being 24/7. There have been quite a few changes physically but as I haven't been keeping a journal, it's hard for me to recount them all. (Well done to those of you who do document your journey as I'm sure it's fun to look back on and see how far you've come.)

The biggest change is that I've lost probably 90% of my bladder control and I'm not particularly conscious about when I'm going to pee and sometimes it's just lots of small leaks fairly constantly which I barely notice. Then other times it's like finding myself at the top of a hill (weird analysis maybe!) where I suddenly notice my bladder is quite full and before I've processed that thought, we're over the hill and I've filled the nappy. I prefer the slow drip method as it seems less likely to flood but the ones which take me to the top of the hill are actually quite thrilling! So there you are, perhaps I've found a bit of a kink I didn't know I had ?

The last thing I wanted when I decided to go 24/7 was to allow my bowel continence to deteriorate as the idea of shovelling any sh*t was, frankly, quite yukky to me. I'm not sure how I was realistically going to achieve UI without BI happening too but as I've always been very constipated all my life, I just assumed I'd be too far on the continuum away from bowel incontinence for it to be an issue. However, I suppose it was going to be inevitable that now things are so relaxed down there that my bowels would become weak too. That's been a real eye-opener. I can't say that the act itself is unpleasant (as it's really quite pleasant indeed) but the clean up is not for the faint hearted. And I've also not had a BM whilst I've been away from home yet. But the likelihood of it happening has made me expand my changing bag provisions and keep spare clothing in my car.

Like most people who go 24/7 I now have a fairly big stash of nappies and have tried various brands. I've come to the conclusion that the difference between feeling confident out and about and feeling worried I might leak/smell/rub is sticking to Tena Slip Maxi. They are so comfy, so absorbant and really not too bulky. I get through 3-4 a day (depending on BMs) so I'm happy with that price-wise too.

As for social stuff, life has gone on pretty much as normal, just with the slight difference that I'm not running to the loo every 30 minutes and I always have this reassuring snuggly feeling of being padded. I think that is something which has also surprised me - just how much I love wearing nappies. All the hassle and expense is worth it for that feeling of being safe and warm in a lovely soft nappy.

If I think of anything else worth mentioning, I'll let you know ?

That's how I feel and that's where I am with being diapered and diapered 24/7. Being kept in diapers 24/7/365 means I too have a big stash of diapers that I can reliably wear and confidently get through the whole day.  Being incontinent and diapered, I've gotten use to the fact that my bowls will one day go and I am so use to pooping and peeing in them but then again it comes with the territory of being diapered 24/7

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...

I really agree with this too :).  I struggled so much with constant bathroom breaks disrupting my social life and my school time, have to leave class all the time for bathroom, and just accepting it full time has been much easier.  Honestly the logistics of being diapered 24/7 suck but not as much as the stress of not wearing

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1