LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Career in diapers

Hey y'all, I've been wanting to go 24/7 for years, and I might finally be getting a chance to pursue it. One of the biggest obstacles facing me right now is my career as an EMT on an ambulance. I work 24 hours shifts and very irregular activity cycles. Any advice on how to wear in that kind of situation? What do you guys do for careers that allows you to wear? Thanks in advance. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting question, @Safety_pinTattoo. My job requires less activity than that of an EMT - I'm a consulting engineer. But during normal, non-pandemic times, I used to be in and out of plants and factories, often climbing around piping and tanks and mechanical equipment. Plus, the other half of my job was sitting in offices and boardrooms. Over the past 18 months, a lot more of it is being done from home via Zoom and Teams and what have you, but you can't exactly Zoom into a call when you're an EMT. 

The key for me to be able to wear diapers to work was up-sizing my wardrobe by one size, and investing in a crop (about 10 now) of "diaper shirt" onesies - t-shirts with snap crotches. All of mine are in plain black or white, and I wear them as undershirts under dress shirts and ties or golf shirts. Next, I conducted some field trials of various diapers, and I settled on a couple of core models that I wear most of the time, chiefly the Rearz Lil' series (Monsters, Splash, Bella's) and the NorthShore Megamax in medium size (I'm a large in most diapers but the Mega's are cut generously). I found them to be slim enough to conceal, while still offering a decent range and good leak protection.

Wearing jeans or dressy khakis over that getup, with a sweater, my diaper is pretty well disguised, and I don't have to worry about waistband reveals if I bend over. I find diaper noise for the most part to be a non-issue; nobody ever notices it except me. However, you can go with cloth-backed diapers if it worries you. I have some slim, cloth-backed diapers that I wear to the gym and to marital arts classes, because of the closer personal contact and lighter clothing. And I have some larger plastic diapers that I wear to bed or sometimes during the day if I'm working from home and the kids aren't around. 

In any case, thank you for your service, and good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Safety_pinTattoo

If you are an EMT, a fire fighter, a police officer, or a public safety official, will constantly works long hours, in addition to possibly being additionally more than 24 hours a shift, you are most likely conditioned to respond to any type of alarm whether it be still alarm, a medical alarm, or a fire call. You do this stuff automatically without thinking about it, and when that alarm rings you respond.

If you are deciding that you wish to go 24 seven with diapers with your profession, the only thing I would suggest is that you prepare for the eventuality that you may have to change yourself either after a call, or before a call.  You may not be able to change yourself all the time, but you can take steps to make sure that you are protected so that you don’t make a mess if you have to respond to a call in that condition. There are many individuals who work in healthcare or in medicine or in public safety work long hours, and they may have to wear diapers because of the fact that they cannot always get to the bathroom. What I mean by that is they are nurses doctors and other professionals that may decide that they need to wear a diaper, While they are on shift.

The thing you have to realize in your profession is, that it really doesn’t matter what profession that you have: you just have to be prepared for the eventuality that you have to change at funny times, and you may not always be prepared or in the best position to do it so you must be protected until you are able to change. Other than that, bringing your supplies with you and being able to change should not be a problem, as long as you’re able to complete your job and be able to maintain your high standards for your profession. Remember, a diapers and underwear choice, And some people make the choice themselves that they want to wear, while others may not have a choice and you’ll need to wear, and there are plenty of us wear diapers every day including myself, who serve the public well and that is not an issue. All you would have to do is make sure that all of your needs are being met, while all of your jobs standards are being maintained. I don’t see any problem with an EMT wearing diapers: I mean sometimes that happens right? Just remember that you have to do it in a way that you feel comfortable, and as long as you can do that without causing any negative impact, there shouldn’t be a problem: I mean doctors and nurses wear diapers so why shouldn’t EMTs?

The strategy here is to be prepared: carry your go bag, your clothes, diapers, accessories, and whatever else you need just like you would carry your medical supplies or your “drug box“.  You don’t say whether you want to go full 24 seven both ways or if you’re just doing number one or number two. If you’re just doing number one, then it shouldn’t be too bad but if you’re doing number two as well, you’ll have to make sure that you’re able to change in an appropriate manner so that it does not impact your job. It shouldn’t affect it at all, because your training is in a needed profession, so are you have to do is make sure that you’re able to deal with diaper changes at work when you need to, just like you would do it if you were away or at home. When you work at least 24 hours a day, you work with a bunch of people– Like a policeman works with his partner, or an EMT like Johnny gauge from emergency works with Roy De Soto: they learn to work together and they learn to deal with each other’s nuances, so I don’t think there would be a problem here, you just have to make sure that you’re able to make appropriate changes so that you can wear while you are working - like a policeman works with his partner, or an EMT like Johnny Gage from emergency works with Roy De Soto:  they learn to work together and they learn to deal with each others nuances, so I don’t think there would be a problem here, you just have to make sure that you’re able to make appropriate changes so that you can wear while you are working.  My feeling is, it’s no different than a doctor or nurse wearing a diaper on a long shift because they don’t have the time to be able to get to the bathroom because they are dealing with patient after patient after patient.

Good Luck!

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Edit to correct duplication and spelling

I was an EMT in Seattle responding to 911 calls for 15 years and wore to work while being 24/7 for 3 of those years. The best thing I learned to do was timed changes, regardless of how full the diaper was.

I worked 12 hour shifts and would change sometime in the middle third of the shift, meaning I would chance between the 4th and 8th hour of the shift. By doing so, I guarantee that I won't wear the first diaper too long and the second diaper will have plenty of capacity to go through the rest of the shift. I reasoned that having access to a bathroom was always unpredictable, so I should take advantage and use the bathroom to change when I could during that middle third.

I would carry a spare as I would sometimes give myself an extra change if I needed it, like if I was peeing a lot or I had a very physical call and the diaper was uncomfortable afterwards.

I would occasionally work a 24 hour shift and I would change 3 times a shift, around every 6th hour I was awake and just before it was bedtime.

I got good at free-standing changes: changing while standing without the use of a wall. It was useful if I changed in a hospital bathroom. I found all the hospitals had several very secluded bathrooms if I took the time to look for it.

On a couple occasions would do a free-standing change in the back of the ambulance if I knew my partner was going to be a while talking to the nurses in the ER.

When I got fitted for uniforms, I made sure to get the fitting done while wearing diapers to make sure the uniform fit over the diapers and that the diapers weren't obvious. On shift, wore snug boxer briefs over diapers to help compress them under the pants and hide crinkles. I never had anyone find out.

I still wear 24/7 but I work from home and diapers are my business, so I gotta wear!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, toddwr250r said:

That probably pertains to any employer as they must comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Most have no problems with your diaper usage and probably don't care as long as you perform your duties in a satisfactory manner. Besides, you have a right to privacy and only you need to know.

b isThat  EOE, diapers can in no way impact your eligibility for employment. They must also make any reasonable accommodations. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...