LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Merging consecutive posts

23 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

Only allowing more time between posts escapes the auto-merge

@DiapersOfTheStorm

@DailyDi is correct. The reason they do this it’s because there are people who have done this in the past: what I mean by done this in the past, is that people will post lots of posts one after the other after the other, and then it will post them in single replies to each one. If someone continues to do this, it could cause a major flood on the server, and you would have to go in as an administrator, and delete a whole bunch of posts. Whether you do this at the form level, Or you go in and do it another way., it can be annoying and also time consuming. Administrators have at least two ways of doing this: they can either delete each post from the forum by logging in and doing it on the admin interface, Or they can log into the databases, find the post section and delete it that way.  Logging in to your data bases and doing it this way it’s time consuming and also could be considered “dangerous” because if you delete the wrong thing or you change something that you don’t want to change, it can cause trouble in the long run.

What is happening, as you are running into the “anti-spam“ system: this will only allow you to post topics after a certain time limit has been reached: if that time limit has been reached, it will allow you to post in separate posts underneath what you posted above. If you don’t reach that time limit, whatever you post will be posted in the thread above you, and you will be told that there was an “Auto Merge”.

To make sure I can post without an auto merge, what you do is post something in a thread like I am responding now, and then when I’m done I’ll post it.  I then back out of the post that I am reading, wait about 30 to 35 seconds, and then I re-enter the post that I was reading prior, and then I post again. Each time you post, you have  to wait a certain time limit. This is the stop spamming and flooding, which we need to make sure we can take care of. I know that it’s annoying and I have experienced that myself, but Mikey is right, and I would hate to see a bunch of junk or flood posts in any form, because all it does is make it very hard.  Last month, I went in to one of my websites that I manage, and I noticed that I had forgotten to turn comments off on my blog for that site, and someone had commented on one of the post that I had made in my admin panel. This had been left like this for months, and I had 839 comments that were just “junk“ and I had to remove them. Rather than going in there and deleting it post by post by post or comment I comment, I simply logged into my database and then deleted the comments under that post and locked it off. This is an example of why we have flood control in forms and on blogs and other communication mediums that require us to type responses. It is not a punishment, but a security feature.

Have a great weekend!

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Added additional Information and corrected spelling and usage
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1