LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers for Active Lifestyle

Andy DL

Hi.  New to the forum, but been an on-again, off-again, DL for about 6-8 years.  Right now, I'm in a more serious on-again, wearer, phase.  I lead an active lifestyle, work, fitness, etc.  What is the best tab-style brief, aka diaper, for this type of lifestyle?  Many medical diapers advertise for low-activity lifestyles, including the popular NorthShore products.  I want a tab-style product for the experience, but don't want it to hinder my other interests.  If I can find something that meets most needs, but isn't suitable when exercising, that would be fine. 

PS - NorthShore impresses me because they seem to be the only mainstream medical provider that acknowledges the AB/DL community.  There may be others out there.  I might just need to be better educated.

For Europe the best choice is Tena Active Fit, its even in the name.

I only wear Tena Active Fit Ultima, but Maxi is slightly thinner and maybe better suited for heavy activity where you wanna be discreet and maybe change more often.
Ultima with stuffer, with moderate activity lasts me 12+ hours, with maxi you might get 8.

• Thanks 1
23 hours ago, Andy DL said:

I lead an active lifestyle, work, fitness, etc.  What is the best tab-style brief, aka diaper, for this type of lifestyle?  I want a tab-style product for the experience, but don't want it to hinder my other interests.  If I can find something that meets most needs, but isn't suitable when exercising, that would be fine. 

Tell us a little more about your active lifestyle.  I work too, but in a desk job (I never wear diapers to work).  In your work are you always on your feet, perhaps climbing ladders or stairs in construction, bending down to lift and carry heavy objects?  Do you work indoors or outdoors?  What about the climate?  For example, anyone who is very active climbing ladders, bending up and down and carrying heavy objects or climbing staircases in 85 degree humid weather will have more sweat, stress and chances for breakdown on any diaper they wear.  Many members here jog or run in diapers, one of their issues being chafing between their legs  Do you jog or run?  Again, if through the neighborhood and streets is it in hot and humid weather?  That can cause diaper breakdown as well, plus the fact if you are wearing running shorts in summer they can make it harder to hide the fact you are wearing a diaper. 

It doesn't seem that your excersizing is an issue, maybe you work out at home on a treadmill or fitness machine, but what other interests or activities do you have that could factor in on the situation?  For example, do you engage in more active sports such as playing basketball with the guys after work, or tennis on weekends?

As people have already mentioned, there are many diapers that are more discreet than others, but the question is, how will any of them hold up to the stresses of your active lifestyle without breaking down?  On a recent trip I took I was in Betterdry and Mega Max plastic backed diapers in 85 degree humid weather walking up and down trails and stairs.  Due to weather and activity the lining of my diapers would separate (didn't matter which brand) and I lost filling out the leg area of the diaper onto the floor when I took down my shorts to change, sometimes I had to change early or put on waterproof pants over my diaper to avoid an embarrassing issue of possible diaper break down when out.  Without knowing just how active your normal everyday lifestyle is (the reason for my questions about it), we can all recommend discreet brands of diapers but we won't know how well any diaper will hold up to your activities and active lifestyle.

• Like 1

Good questions, @rusty pins.  I too have a desk job, from home during the current situation.  That's part of what got me more interested in tabbed diapers over say, pull-ups.  I can definitely be more free and not so concerned about unwanted attention.  All that said, I do use a standing desk, both in the office and at home.  Prior to the at-home option, before the pandemic, I was in an office and wore pull-ups on occasion.  Notice I said wore, not used.  The pull-up allowed me to use the bathroom as normal, allowing for more discretion.  While I've been home, I've had the freedom to wear and use (wet only, I don't soil) pretty much as I please.  If or when I go back to an office, pull-ups will again be my go-to during the day.

I do live in a warm humid climate, southeast US.  I am a fitness walker, doing about 5 miles per day, usually in the early morning hours, pre-dawn or just after, depending on time of year.  In the summer months, I do work up a pretty good, soaking, sweat.  I have worn lighter weight pull-ups while walking, but never a tabbed diaper.  I'm wanting to try an option or two, see if something will work.

With the standing desk, the walking, and the handyman/honey-do things that I do around the house, which are many, I'm looking for something that might hold up to all that.

Again, thanks for the good, detailed questions.

My absolute GO TO DAYTIME DIAPER has been the Total Dry Overnights.  Usually with a Stuffer.

They are Thin diapers but Hold A LOT.

And they are super tough during the day, no matter what you're doing physically.

However, I fear these diapers might be in the process of becoming discontinued because they are no longer for sale on BAMBINO or on TOTAL DRY'S Website. :(

Also, they modified the design of the diapers, so the Plastic isn't as tough as before, but it still works well.

The Total Dry Plus on the other hand have been modified in a bad way recently.  The Plastic used to be tough, but now is so weak it will split and spill the contents if you're active.

I don't recommend the Total Dry X-Plus for daytime use,

but I do highly recommend the Total Dry Overnights, and the Plus.

A Total Dry Overnight with an Abena Abri Let MAXI stuffer will last you hours and always stay on your hips nice and snug.

You can also use thinner stuffers as well, of course.

Please Private Message me if you find the Total Dry Overnights back in stock!!!

I wore a North shore air premium on my walk this morning. First cool morning of the season. It was very comfortable, totally unnoticeable under my shorts, and worked great when I needed to let my morning coffee go. I was a good distance from home or any public bathroom. When the choice is a diaper or a tree that isn't very private, I'll take the diaper, every time.

Thanks for the other suggestions. I'll have to try them.

I find that the Northshore Supreme Plastic backed diapers hold up real well while being 'active'. Walking, work out on the elliptical or just general work around the house. I don't find that the padding/SAP bunches up like other diapers, its stays in place & they hold a lot. Also for short term wear, their NS Lites hold up well too.

• Thanks 1

hi, @Andy DL - I am a runner, and prior to the pandemic shutting everything down, I used to go to the gym at least a couple of times a week. However, I wear diapers. So, I have been on a quest for a long time to find a diaper that could stand up to a good run or an afternoon in the gym, and I have found one - the Prevail Perfit 360. They are a "medical grade" diaper, so they don't look like much, and they don't have enormous capacity, but they offer good value for the money - they are quite inexpensive on a per-unit basis, at about $0.85 CAD each, and I can usually get 3 - 4 hours out of one, which is as long as I need. They come close to looking like a pullup when they are on, but they are a tab-style diaper (one long single tab per side), and the tabs themselves hold really well. The construction of the diaper reminds me of a Pampers Cruiser - they have stretch wings, a cloth-like cover, and hook-and-loop fasteners. They are quiet, relatively slim-fitting, and, most importantly, they don't fall apart or cut me to ribbons when I wear them on a jog or a hike. 

• Like 1