LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Messy diapers at a hotel

Hello there 

Long time no see 

I'm on a holiday in Barcelona, and I'm Padded 24/7 

Any good advice on how to disposal of messy diapers when at a hotel? 

I just got back from a 4 day vacation the end of July and I was diapered the whole time except for when I was sleeping at night.  Although I did not mess my diapers, I soaked plenty of them!  Before leaving on my trip I took at least 50 plastic grocery bags with me.  When I changed diapers, the used ones went right into a grocery bag where I tied it up really tight, then put that first bag in at least 2 more bags that I tied up.  I was always going out to different sites and attractions around town so after changing diapers, I'd take the used bagged up ones out to my car and disposed of them in a trash can on the main tourist street, gas station, fast food place, anywhere there was a public trash can so they wouldn't build up in my motel room each day.

I guess if you have to mess in your diapers, I'd get some good plastic bags at a local store for disposal, bag them up really well so there is little to no smell, even if you have to use several bags to do it.  Then I'd get them out of the hotel and throw them away someplace as soon as possible.  It might be one thing to bag up wet diapers really well and put them in the hotel room trash can for the maid to dispose of when she cleans, but I don't think I'd do that with messy diapers. 

I agree with @rusty pins. Ideally, bag them well and dispose of them in a larger public receptacle. I don't mess my diapers but I do wear 24/7 and have for more than two years. Back when one could travel with regularity, my process was to bag dead soldiers and take them with me when I left the hotel room to visit clients or to pick up food or whatever, and I'd toss them in gas station garbage cans or the ones that line mall exteriors, etc - somewhere where the person responsible for emptying it doesn't have to get up close and personal with a 5-lb diaper. In Europe in particular, the garbage cans in the hotel rooms sometimes weren't big enough to hold a balled-up tissue, let alone a balled-up diaper, so I always had to plan my disposal out. There was one occasion when I had to leave quickly to catch a flight and I had an overnight diaper that needed to be disposed of, so I double-bagged it and left it sitting on top of the garbage can, and I left a decent tip on the desk beside it - the hotel had no garbage cans in the lobby or on the street, probably for security reasons, and I didn't have time to go walking a few blocks to a public trash can. 

Same for me: I disposed of wet and/or messy diapers by placing them in a plastic bag and disposing my secret in a trash receptacle outside the hotel. I have been too self-conscious to leave the soiled diaper in my room, even when securely wrapped in the plastic bag.

Our local super markets are stopping plastic bags effective Sept 1st , so at this point when they run out there done , I carry reusable grocery bags on my chair and have a pretty big cupboard stockpiled from years of shopping , my G/F is in total panic mode , I tell her she’s my bag lady because she is always asking for them , she uses them to clean up after dog and when her aide changes her . I told her eventually we will have to buy diaper disposal bags , as for the dog , during pandemic getting plastic gloves in quantity ain’t happening , they are all being diverted to hospitals and healthcare facilities , doesn’t matter how many gloves a doctor prescribes suppliers will only provide 200 per month .

one way or another all of us in home care are going to have to pay for diaper disposal products . As for her dog no idea , but one bag for one mess has to stop ( it’s a corgi) so small dog , the more she waists on the dog the sooner it starts costing her money for her diapers also.

so for you travelers coming east all the stores are phasing out plastic bags , it’s a racket not enough cashiers so long lines unless you do it yourself and now BYOB , at this rate next year we will be unloading the damn trucks also ! 

Frankly, when I was 20 I worked at a grocery store.  Paper bags of different sizes, no plastic bags at all.  I wouldn't be sorry to see plastic bags go or be cut way back.  Yes, they are convenient for disposing of used diapers, especially the messy ones.  Per statistics about 100 billion plastic bags are used each year by Americans using 12 million barrels of oil.  10 Facts About Single-use Plastic Bags (biologicaldiversity.org)  They end up in landfills, tossed out on the streets and floating in the lakes and oceans.  Paper is a renuable resource and yes, we can all recycle.  One problem I have, and yes, I have gotten used to my groceries packed in plastic bags, is that a store will pack the smallest amount of groceries in the largest possible number of plastic bags.  Then you have the seam that splits dumping your groceries in the parking lot.  I think some plastic is necessary, but so many plastic grocery bags when we have other options?  There is a lot better use for our oil than 100 billion plastic bags each year.  What is worse?  Deforestation to make paper bags or using 12 million barrens of oil a year to make 100 billion plastic bags that end up in landfills and everywhere else?  At least paper bags will degrade and go back to the earth and trees are replenish able.  While they are still around, I will use them at a motel for bagging up wet diapers for disposal and at home for bagging up the dirty ones once or twice a month.  Never a messy diaper at a motel left for the maid to get rid of though.

• Like 1