LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Little Shield and Sword Epilogue

9 minutes ago, Genossin said:

Many use Albion, but littlefallenprincess set a story in a British-themed country called Tyr Cawr.  I think it may have been intended as a stand-in for Ireland or Wales.  Albion would presumably refer to just England?

Nice, I'll update my planning docs then.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, DiaperedPrince said:

Nice, I'll update my planning docs then.

I've started reading Your Move, and I'd love to collaborate on planning your next story and my sequel.  DM me if you want

• 4 weeks later...

Chapter 12: Escape

Mommy hums to me while she washes me in the sink.  She even takes out a bottle of bubbles, and starts wrapping me in foam.  I catch the tune- it’s the Marseillaise, of course.  Wait, wasn’t the Internationale originally sung to that tune?  I blow the bubbles off my mouth and start singing softly with her 

“Arise, ye prisoners of starvation, Arise ye wretched of the earth” and she gives me a look.

“Well wook, Nurse Ewaine, you’re going to have to wearn these things if you want to care for an eastern wittle” I say as cutely as I can.  She laughs and boops my nose.  Then comes the toothbrush.  I reach for it but she shakes her head

“You’re much too little to brush your own teeth, babygirl” and she proceeds to scrub my mouth.  Then she whispers

“When we’re safe, you can do it yourself.”

Then she gently scrubs my diaper area, delicately cleaning my bottom, bracing my back with her other hand.  She scrubs her hands, and sponges the soap off of me, squinting to show me I should close my eyes.

As she’s drying me off she smiles again.

“And here I thought your country didn’t HAVE any princesses”

“And I thought Free German Littles didn’t need mommies, but…”

Mommy pulls me to her chest, and I cling as she rubs my back.

“Come on.  Let’s get you in your diaper, babygirl.  I’d like to braid your hair before I put you to bed.”  I’m whisked to the changing table, and she scoots one of the thick, pink diapers under me, laying a hand gently on my belly, and humming as she rubs lotion in.  The cream smells a bit like fish and I look a bit concerned, but she hushes me.

“That’s the zinc you’re smelling, in the diaper rash ointment.  Can’t have you hurting when you use your diapers, can we?”  I’m biting my lip into a pout, but she bends down and kisses me on each cheek and I can’t help grinning.  Mommy rubs powder in, and then pulls the tabs closed.  I look down and see my diaper; suddenly I’m feeling nervous again.  How are we going to get out of this?  

Now she’s got the sleeper ready, and smiles at me.

“Come on, babygirl.  Let’s get you all bundled”  She stands me up, and I hold onto her shoulders as she holds the legs of the sleeper for me to climb into.  I feed my arms through the sleeves, and she says “buzzzz” as she zips me in.  I see a big bottle of water in my crib, next to Fiete, and Mommy walks us over towards the rocking chair.  I see the other prisoners being brought in, changed, dressed, spanked, etc.  

They’re all going to die, or as good as.  Will anything be left to experience the life of a human doll?  I look up at Mommy, scared.  I wasn’t prepared to watch dozens of people get…  Turned into whatever will be left over after the procedures.

Mommy turns on a record player that’s sitting near the rocking chairs, and she sits down, opening her top, and pulling me to her breast.  The music has started- some song about a littlecatcher looking for the cutest little, one who will make him rich when he sells her- but Mommy doesn’t want me to listen to that.  She whispers

“I know you’re not hungry; try rooting around while we talk, but we’ve got to do it hush hush, quiet like mice, ok, Melanie?”  I nod, and start rooting.

“I think I know how we can get past the guards, Melanie.  If they took you from the east and know you had Fiete with you- that’s in your chart, at least, they’ll probably believe you’re really a Stasi agent, and dangerous.  Don’t the Stasi use all sorts of improbably concealed and extremely dangerous weapons, of the sort a babygirl should never handle?”  I grin and nod- nice to see the mystique travels so well, I guess.

“So, we pretend you’ve got a gun inside Fiete, and you take me prisoner!  Play the scary Stasi agent, scary like a littlecatcher, can you do that?  We’ll get outside and run, I’ll use my collapsible bicycle with you in the basket, and we’re gone.”

“I like it.” I whisper back.  “But we’re too far west, they’ll stop us at the next town.  Are we close to Frisia?”

“Such a clever girl, knowing her geography like that!  Yes, we’re right next to Frisia, just 3 miles, 4 at most.  But they’ll just send you back here, I’m afraid.”

“Won’t they be focused on border crossings, and stopping us going east?  If we can get to the DDR trade mission in Orange City, we should be ok.  They can get us home.  It’s not far from the border, less than 20 miles.”

“That makes sense…  I’d never thought I’d go east.  Melanie, I’m glad you’ve asked me to be your mommy, but are you sure it’s safe for us both to go there?”

“Absolutely, Mommy.  I can’t wait to introduce you to all my friends!”

She smiles down at me, a little sadly, and strokes my hair.   She looks up.  Brieden is coming over towards us.  I tense and cling to Mommy even tighter.

“Oh goodness, Fraulein Brieden, is it shift change already?  I was just about to fall asleep with this little princess in my lap; isn’t she the cutest?”  I chance a look at Brieden, but I really can’t read her expressions.  Anything could be a danger sign, really.  She speaks to Elaine

“Yes, shift change.  You’ve done more than enough for today.  I heard you looked in during the lessons, too.  Go, you deserve some sleep- I can handle the little beast.  She’s easy to understand, you know- she’s just been spoiled and overindulged so she’ll lead a life of sin, it’s all part of their communist plan to take our children away.”  Elaine purses her lips, and rises, closing her shirt and shifting me onto her hip.

“I don’t think so.  I’ve spent the day with her, and I think she’s really a very good girl.  If you don’t want to, I’ll be more than happy to put her to bed.”  I smile up at her as she strokes my back.  But I feel Brieden’s cold hands grabbing me away from Mommy and I can’t help but whimper a little bit.  Brieden starts walking back towards the cribs, and she calls to Mommy

“Really, Fraulein Elaine, just go.  I’ll put her to bed and keep an eye on her all night long.  She won’t cause any trouble.  If she does, I’ll beat her bottom off.”

“Oh I wouldn’t worry about doing that.  It would be a shame if you lost your qualifications with the Nursemaids’ Bureau of the Continental Community.  I’m sure little Melanie would be just heartbroken, wouldn’t you, baby?”  I nod sweetly.  Brieden hisses and sweeps towards the cribs.  I call out

"Bunny, Mademoiselle Elaine!”

"Bonne nuit, ma petite fleur.”

Brieden drops me into my crib, showing me a pacifier gag.

“Drink all your water, and stay quiet.  No singing tonight, or you get a silencer.”  She looks to see that Elaine has left the room, then without further warning slaps my face hard enough to knock me prone.

My cheek’s aflame.  It feels like she may have bruised my bone.  My hands spring to my face to cover it.  Brieden jerks the blanket over me, slams the crib shut and locks it.  I don’t want to let her see my tears.  Others are getting locked into their cribs.  Some are getting slapped,  and I can hear the crying.  I look up to see Anja getting deposited in the crib next to mine.  I smile at her, then start drinking my water.  Laced with laxatives, naturally.  

What should I do?  Every woman in these cribs is going to have her mind ripped out and be reduced to some gross caricature of a baby.  Should I tell them what their fate will be?  Is there any chance for a mass breakout?  If there are enough guards to stop the entire extraction team, it’s probably a lost cause, and they might end up getting killed.  Can I make that decision for them?  Do I owe my fellow prisoners the truth?

Some years ago a movie came out about a prisoner in a ghetto during the war.  He didn’t see any reason to hope, so he pretended he had a radio that was receiving news stories about the war and the fascists losing, and told his fellow prisoners about it.  They all still got killed, but they were happier in the short term.  But would they have fought back harder if they’d not had false hope?  

What can we even do here?  What’s my duty?  Can I bear to not let Anja know what will happen to her and to everyone else?  There could even be a crude calculation that if some of us are killed trying to escape, our captors will get less benefit from this whole cruel enterprise.  

Do I have the right to decide that this is a fate worse than death for everyone else?  Or that it’s not?  

My bottle is running empty, so I push it aside, and try to sleep.  I realize my diaper is already wet.

The morning proceeds much as expected.  More “lessons”, more smacks, just like usual.  Except I’m already messy when I wake up.

“Melanie, can I ask you something?”  Mommy is holding my hand as we walk around the grounds of the site one morning before lessons.

“Of course!”  I beam up at her.  The parts of my day I get to spend with her are magical.”  She takes a deep breath and asks

“Are you sure it’s a good idea for me to come with you to your country?  I know littles are treated differently there, and I don’t like the idea of being watched all the time…  You don’t really have many nursemaids there, do you?”

“Mommy, everyone will see what you’ve done for me, and littles and amazons do all manner of things side by side in the east.  And yes, we’re free, but we are still sort of viewed as children.  Our political and social organizations are modeled on the youth movements.  Equality is a work in progress.  Actually, many troops of little pioneers have amazon den mothers.  You could definitely get a job with the Free German Littles, the Stasi would help us.  We could live together.  But I’m still going to work, too!  We’ll have our own apartment, we’ll go to all the concerts we want, and I’ll use my pies to get us all the eel you can eat!  And no one from here will ever, ever catch us.  I can’t wait for you to meet Captain Wolf, too”

“Melanie, you’ve got to understand- I’ve been told it’s a nightmare over there.  That there’s no food, the homes are rubble, no one does anything but make weapons, and there’s a Stasi informer looking at you all day…  Are you telling me that’s not how it is, really?”

“That’s right, Mommy!  We may not have all the fancy things coming in from places the banks own, but we do all right.  And just about everything is subsidized- rent is less than 5% of income, books and music and tickets are all sold at prices that everyone can afford, because the artists get paid for their work, not their sales.  We’ve got phenomenal public transit.  After a few years you might even be able to get your own car.  But yes, we have to spend a lot, so much on our military, and being ready.  There are so many here who want to take what we have and sell it to some gambler.  The fact that we’ve made a country for the people and not the corporations, and we’ve got allies all over the continent…  Well, it offends the speculators, the same scum who bankroll this place.  I’m a product here, but I’m a person back home.  That’s the life I want to live with you.”

Mommy scoops me up, and holds me to her chest.

“You realize we may not make it to the east?  I promise though, I’ll try my hardest to get you home, and make a home with you wherever we end up.”

“I love you, Mommy.  Oh, can I talk to Fraulein Hilde sometime today?  Alone- we can’t reveal that you’re in on this, but I’ve got to try something for Anja’a sake.  It’s not about our plan”

She looks at me closely, but then nods as we walk back into the prison.  As we return to the main holding area, she flags Hilde down.

“Fraulein Hilde, can you take little Melanie for me, please?  She says she has a secret message for little Anja about their messy-bottom club!”  She tickles me, turning my look of protest into a squeak.  Hilde takes me, grimacing.  I smile up at her and whisper.

“You’re going to get Anja out of here.  If she’s still here when I have my surgery done, my last words will be denouncing you.  Your choice.  Thanks, now can I get down, pwease, Miss Hilde?”  I bat my eyelashes at the look of enraged stupefaction on Hilde’s round face, and scamper back to Mommy as we get ready for the day.

It seems like everyone is getting changed into clean diapers and school dresses for the morning’s lesson.  Mommy seems tense, but she keeps her composure remarkably well as she fusses with my hair, and ties a little pink ribbon around my hair.  I bend down, and pick Fiete up.  

“Now?” she asks in a hiss.

“Wait a few more minutes- we need the rest to be ready to run.”  I nuzzle into her shoulder and wait.  Mommy bends down and buckles a pair of mary janes over my feet.  Looks like most of the other girls are getting their shoes on, too.  Now or never.  Be strong like General Mahlsdorf.

“ALL RIGHT!  I HAVE A PISTOL IN HERE!  NOBODY MOVE, OR THIS NURSE GETS IT.  I’LL SHOW YOU WHAT IT MEANS TO TANGLE WITH THE STASI, YOU FASCIST GHOULS!”  I’m brandishing Fiete in front of me, and Mommy has thrown her hands up in surrender.  The room is getting very quiet.

“YOUR BOSS KNEW I’M STASI, BUT HE DIDN’T THINK TO CHECK MY STUFFY FOR A WEAPON.  EVEN THOUGH YOU ALL KNOW WE CAN PUT THEM IN ANYTHING- UMBRELLAS, LIPSTICK, WRISTWATCHES.  OR MAYBE HE JUST DOESN’T CARE ABOUT HIS WORKERS’ LIVES.”  My voice is getting hoarse from the shouting.  Everyone, amazons and littles alike, is looking at me.

“Open all the doors, let everyone out.  The Gaulish girl is coming with me.  NOBODY MOVE.”  Mommy looks around and says

“You just told them not to.  Please, tell us what you want, we’ll work with you, just don’t hurt me.”  

Oops.

“All right.  Every amazon, lift a little to the floor, now.  Any false moves and bang!”  There’s some hesitation but they know the stories of all the things we’ve hidden weapons in, and they’re scared.  Hilde is the first to move, and she gently sets Anja on the floor.   The others follow pretty quickly, and we’ve got 19 littles or more standing, a bit awkwardly in their diapers, but looking breathlessly up at us..  I bark out the next order.

“Doors open.  All of them.  Now.”  the nearest amazon to the doors goes and turns a key.  The doors swing open.  

“Pick me up, slowly.”  Mommy bends down, and lifts me up.  Fiete is still between my face and hers.  

“Everyone who wants out, now’s your chance.  Run for the stairs and follow your shadows once you’re outside!”  

Some of the littles bolt for the door, others stand, confused, taking a few steps.  Anja looks at me, then runs.  I look at Mommy, and nod.  She strides swiftly to the elevator, and pushes the button.  It clatters down from the 3rd floor and we board it.  Mommy pushes the button for the ground floor, and the doors close.  As the car drops, I move Fiete to the side and kiss Mommy’s cheek, and she strokes my head.  

We return to our hostage and hostage taker pose as the doors open.  6 amazon strides and we’re at the main door.

Dr. Schenk and Fraulein Brieden are standing there, with half a dozen elderly amazon men.  Five of them are holding nets on poles, each with a little inside.  Anja is one of them.  Schenk grins as he addressed us.

“Really, Mademoiselle Elaine, I’m surprised you were fooled.  There’s no gun in her hedgie- we checked it when we took her in, and disabled the radio.”  At this, I’ve hung my head and dropped Fiete.  I’m sagging limp in Elaine’s arms, and she seems to understand what I’m doing.  Anything to make it look like I’m disappointed at my bluff being called.  Mlle Elaine stammers out

“I… I was unprepared for that sort of threat.  I’ve been a nursemaid for 9 years, trained for 6, and I’ve never had a little try something like that!”  She looks down at me, her blue eyes brimming with tears.  We know we’ve failed.

“All I wanted was to help this little girl be happy…  I can’t believe what happened.  Little 22, I’m sorry I couldn’t help you, this…  This is terrible.  I’ve never failed to make a good girl before.”

“Quite alright, Fraulein Elaine.”  Schenk steps to the front of the knot of people, and motions Brieden forward.  She glides menacingly to us and I hide behind Elaine’s skirt, but I feel those bony hands on my arm, and then my other armpit and I’m yanked into Brieden’s arms.  I’m terrified- the fear feels like someone has poured hot water on my neck and droplets are cascading all over my back, tingles of fear everywhere.  Over the sound of my racing pulse I hear Schenk continue speaking.

“We understand that you’re very attached to the girls, and that’s why we hired a nursemaid from Gaul!  We want the girls to have a well-rounded preparation for adoption, and the fact that you tried to bond with this little one isn’t a mark against you.  But I’m afraid you must realize that our methods are safer.  It’s time for you to be trained in a more modern method of littlecare.  Brieden, get Little 22 ready in the harness!”

Brieden passes me to one of the guards, and pulls out the same baby harness and leash that Sandra wore days ago.  She buckles it around me, baring her long teeth in a grin.

“We’d like to see you correct your little friend.  Just a little drop to remind her how she owes amazons for carrying her into our world.”

“No.”  Elaine’s voice is firm.  I see her lips curling into a snarl.

“I won’t hurt my child for this job.  That’s what a little really is- just a child who will never grow up.  And I refuse to brutalize her.”  

Schenk sighs.

“I expected as much.  Fraulein Elaine, your employment and lodging here is terminated immediately.  I also must report your lack of professionalism to the Federal Office for Protection of the Constitution, as a most serious violation of our corporation’s freedom of religion.  You will never work in a publicly funded littlecare institution in Germany again.  AND YOU’VE SEEN THIS DAMNED LITTLE FOR THE LAST TIME!  

“If you were a German citizen I’d recommend criminal charges, but I’ll settle for sending you back to Gaul.  May God have mercy on the littles spoiled by your sensibilities.  Sturmbannführer Wessel, remove her, and see that she gets on the train.  Oh, and I wouldn’t worry about telling the police- they remember my associates from the old days, we work quite well with them.”  

Helpless in Brieden’s arms, I watch one of Schenk’s men grab Elaine by the arm and begin dragging her towards the door.  She struggles until he flashes the gun he’s got inside his coat, then permits herself to be led away, her normally ruddy face now outright scarlet as she screams

“I love you Melanie!”

I can’t even say anything; Brieden slaps her hand over my mouth.  She turns away and walks up the stairs, her fingernails dragging menacingly over my head.

• Like 8
  • Genossin changed the title to Little Shield and Sword Chapter 12

4km is not far, maybe Melanie can make it to the connection office and the Littles can be saved at least before they are sold to some crazy Amazons. I am curious what will happen.

• Like 1

CHAPTER 13: VIOLATION

Fraulein Brieden carries me back up to the dormitory.  She digs through my hair and into my skin.  I feel drops of blood running down my neck as she smiles, dimly.

“I’m going to enjoy watching your surgery so much, you little whore.”  She pulls out a silencer paci and shoves it into my mouth, inflating it into its locked setting.  Without further ado, I’m dropped into the crib, still in my school clothes, and the top is locked.  I reach up to brace my jaw with my hands.  There’s not much else I can do.  I see the girls who tried to run being brought up and dumped out of the nets into their cribs.  They’re all gagged as I am, and I see tears streaming down some of their faces at the pain.  I don’t see Anja, though.  Maybe Hilde got her out.  Or maybe she’s been sent on to the morning lesson.

Dr. Schenk walks up to me.  

“I was going to wait until the monitor bot had fully integrated itself in your nervous system, just to make sure the nanobots don’t kill you.  But we do have a rush order, and I think we’ll manage one way or the other.”  Brieden follows behind him, and unlocks the crib and seizes me, scooping me up.  Schenk grins down at me.  

“As if you dirty commies could make a vaccine, let alone one that would work on such advanced electronics!  Well, you will never steal from amazons again.  Fraulein Brieden, take her to the operating room please.  I’ll be up shortly.” 

Brieden glides towards the stairs and begins climbing.  I guess I’m never going to know if Anja got out.  I realize how fast my heart is going, and it’s worse than before.  I can feel my arms stiffening as panic sets in.  This really is it.  I barely see the door open until I realize Fraulein Brieden is strapping me down to some sort of operating table.  I try to twist away but my back is spasming and I can’t move.  My bowels unclench and I can feel the warmth of a fresh mess in my diaper.  I guess that’s the way to start my new life as a baby doll.  Straps bind me, limbs and middle, and I can’t see much more through the tears.

If this were a movie back home, about someone being killed by the fascists, this is the point where the background would fade away, and we’d see the martyr striding into history, surrounded by red banners, the way Thálmann does in part 2 of the biopic.  Hard to feel heroic in a poopy diaper.

Schenk has entered the room, and has drawn out the syringe.  I’m straining to scream through my pacifier.  Can’t tell him about Hilde, even if I wanted to.

What’s that line from Ostrowski?  “Life is the most valuable thing you possess, and you should use it so when you die you can say”-

ARROOOOOEEEYEGAGASESEUGOAAGTYHHYUTHHH

Thepainthepain i feel ants crawling on the inside of my arm covering more and more, it’s like i’m on fire and each of the thousand footsteps burns a new part of me oh my it’s reached my shoulder i feel it going through the rest of me oh god they’re in my parts in my lips burning inside it hurts so much more not the legsnotthelegs oh my neck now it burns i feel my throat closing and opening but i can’t hear my scream anymore why are my veins pounding thye’ll surely burst anysec

Ow.  Baby hurt.  Talk please. Hurt here.  Grownups move me pat head.  Where mommy go?  Baby messy, please no.  hey suck here, colors here, talk please oops not move owie hurt here  sleepy now zzzzz

Who here?  Not mommy, not daddy.  Pwease where Mommy?  No, you not.  What saying?  You not Mommy pwease move me where mommy wheeerrrrre my mooommmmmyyy?  Hurt here.  

Hurt here.  Where move baby?  Scared  uh oh.  Baby messy.  Hurt here.  Meanie gone.  Paci suck.  OW, not-daddy hurt baby where go?  Not-mommy hurt baby. No pwease no why hit baby, where take me?  Why not-daddy hurt me? 

Changies nice.  Diaper off, clean on, what do?  Why push there?  Why push in?  What that, not-daddy?  Why it go down there?

Ow!  Please no, why hurt, why hurt baby, not-daddy?  Ow unh ow unh hurt, ow no please no.

What do to baby?  

Edited by Genossin
feedback on descriptions
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Genossin changed the title to Little Shield and Sword Chapter 13
3 minutes ago, DiaperedPrince said:

Nice chapter. The clitoris comment was weird though, was that necessary?

I don't think it needs to be. changed it now.  I'm trying to grasp the pain of the early version nanites invading every part of a person's body, so any tips to make the narration more disturbing and vivid will be appreciated

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Genossin said:

I don't think it needs to be. changed it now.  I'm trying to grasp the pain of the early version nanites invading every part of a person's body, so any tips to make the narration more disturbing and vivid will be appreciated

Try the brain. Having icy yet fiery tingles spider through the inside of your skull can't feel good.

Chapter 14: The Concert  

Konrad

Melanie has been there for over a week, and we’ve not heard anything from our informants.  We’ve failed.  Whatever they were going to do to her, they’ve done it, and she’ll be completely helpless until someone can get to her.  

Will I see her again?

Work is impossible.  The major granted me leave after we heard about Winter, officially so I could plan the memorial, but really because I’m a wreck.  There’s nothing I can do but walk the perimeter of the wall.  

The wall.

The wall that kept Melanie safe for all these years now keeps me from going to her when she needs help.  If I could get her back here, I’d keep her from ever so much as going near our border with the west.

That’s not really fair.  She’s not a baby, after all.  

Well, tough.  She’s still a little, and it’s my job to protect her, both as an amazon and as a Grenzer.  Letting her go was not an honorable thing to do.

How do I get her back?

Last month, we caught some saboteurs digging a tunnel under the wall to a little-sized building.  The kidnappers got a nasty surprise when instead of helpless littles, they found a squad of amazon border guards crouching in the low ceilings with machine pistols!  That tunnel…  It's scheduled for demolition this week, but it may still be open.  I could go through and

Then what?  I still don’t know where she is, if she’s even left Aachen.  I wouldn’t have any way to get there, and I can’t imagine I’d be trusted in the west.  They might accept a man as a defector even if he’s been a border guard, but a border guard AND a Jew?  They would never believe I’d tolerate their fascist paymasters.  I’d be arrested as soon as I got over there.

Do I have a choice?  Is dying in a western prison really worse than living knowing I failed that little girl?

My feet have carried me to the building.  It’s boarded up, and still little-sized, but I’m able to look through a window and see the tunnel is still open.  

A hand on my shoulder makes me spring around, arms snapping into a systema stance until I see it’s General Mahlsdorf.  She looks disapprovingly at me.

“I couldn’t find you at home, the barracks, your office, anywhere.  I was worried you were going to try to go west by yourself.  You know that would have been… unwise.”

“Yes, General.”

“Good.  We’ve found her.  Get ready, you leave for the west in 6 hours.”

Ah, action, action, action.  I can finally move.  I report to the main Stasi HQ in 30 minutes after meeting the General.  A chance to bring her back!  Mahlsdorf speaks to me.

“She’s been sold to a couple in the Palatinate.  Herr and Frau Stiller.  Herr Stiller works for Krupp- helping the Acimerans perfect their new uranium bullets.  He’s exactly what you’d expect from a man of the ‘Economic Miracle’ in the west.  He has everything he could possibly want, and his house is a fortress.  We think we’ve found a way to get him out of the house, though; we’ve arranged for our contacts in West Berlin to send him tickets to a concert on the Forest Stage.”  I touch my chin, contemplating.  Is an arms dealer the sort to care about music?

“Are we sure that will work, General?  Like you said, he has everything he could want, and now he’s got a new little to play with.  Are you sure he’ll want to go out?”

“Captain, these monsters aren’t content just to torture littles.  They want to show them off.  The Stillers won’t be able to resist going to a public place with their new toy.  And on top of that, they’ve got an opportunity to hear better music than they’ve ever heard before.  One of our Ostrock ensembles is playing on the Forest Stage!  After all that Acimeran pop-swill, they’ll swarm to hear real art for the first time in their miserable lives.  If I were an idealist, I might think it would be enough to convince them to forsake war profiteering.  But I’m not.  Anyhow, you’ll be with the musicians’ entourage as one of the videographers.  Officially your job is to film the band from the crowd, but you’ll be moving through the rows looking for Comrade Tilgner.  She should do her best to get your attention when she hears the signal.  Then you’ll take her and go backstage, and we’ll smuggle her home.”

This could actually work!

“What’s the signal, General?”

“The combo in question is the Puhdys.  They’ll play ‘Melanie’.  Their song, I mean.  She’ll know it’s for her.”

“And I’ll just take her from their arms…  What will I have, equipment-wise, General?”

“Well, a video camera that doubles as a spyglass, its handle can rotate at an angle, and dispenses chemical agents into the targets body via needle.  We’re loading it with a fast acting tranquilizer for this mission.  It will have a large carrying case to sling over your shoulder- she can go in there when you recover her.  You’ll also have a microphone on your belt, for interviewing fans, but of course it’s in case you need to tell us something.  Full communications in your wristwatch as per standard protocol, spy dust for your shoes and an extra supply in a sealed bag in your coat pocket, 500 marks in western currency, and an extra something for luck.”  She opens the case and shows a small rolling pin inside it.

“Luck, General?  I mean, sure, Melanie is a baker but…”

“Bake nothing with it.  I killed my first nazi with it when I was 16.  Since then I’ve had it modified to inject poison darts.  This end for ricin, the other for iocainoxitate, depending on how quickly you want the target to die.  Painted black so it will look like part of the camera setup.  Still solid enough to cause brain damage, though, so if you need to swing it, you can do so.  Oh, and the most important piece of gear- blue jeans.  You’ll need to blend in with the crowd.”

“Anything for Melanie, General.  Thank you.”

“Just bring her back, Captain.”

Under ordinary circumstances, meeting the Puhdys would have been a thrill- if only to get their autographs for Melanie.  They were absolutely professional about it, and agreed to play their ballad “Melanie” once they’d opened the show.  They even mentioned that they have smoke machines if I need a hasty exit.  I would just need to skulk along the mezzanine until spotting the Stillers, or possibly even Melanie if they were carrying her.  

Such a simple job, and it still scares me to take my first steps into the west.  It looks like Klaus is nervous too- he only joined the band two years ago, and he’s not spent much time on tour with them.  

Well, I’m not letting any more littles get snatched by the fascists.  Though I don’t think they’ll be bold enough to try to capture someone they’ve invited on a cultural visa.  That would mean a quick end to East German artists coming to perform and tour the west, and there’s no way they would risk that.  I hope.

It dawns on me that this is my first step off of socialist soil.  Doesn’t feel too differently.  Even the policemen at the checkpoint wear the same shade of teal as they wave our bus through.

Then I start seeing the posters, billboards, signs everywhere.  But instead of slogans about the Party’s role as the vanguard of the working class, or about the “überholen ohne anzuholen” tech development campaign, or even recycling drives, everything is privately owned.  A fast food special here, an investment scam there.

A sign offering little adoptions for 10,000 marks.

More signs everywhere for companies that made their fortunes during the war.  

A homeless worker is sleeping beneath a banner for the Christian Party.  Poor bastard.  

At last, we reach the “Forest Stage” outdoor theater.  I heft my camera and bag, and begin watching the westerners file in.  Many of them of course were proudly carrying littles in various states of restraint, and it chilled me to the bone seeing the normal expressions on the faces of the amazons as they passed their prisoners back and forth, slapped them, all while chatting happily to each other.  Every part of their lives was affected by them having littles to brutalize.

Spotting the Stillers will be difficult- we don’t have photos of them, and there isn’t assigned seating within sections at this arena.  I’m dependent on Melanie reacting to the song.

The boys troop onto the stage.  Even dressed like western rockers, there’s a certain nobility to them that says “these are the artists of the people”.  

Maschine calls “Hallo!” to the crowd and Quaster begins plucking the lead-in, Klaus has vanished except for the swirling of his sticks, with Eingehängt and Jeske in position.  Looks like it will be a good show.  

I reach the aisle between the standing room only.  I scan the crowd while aiming my camera at the stage, catching the concert from a rolling angle.  Or at least, I hope that’s what it looks like.  

The applause roars out as the first song finishes, and Maschine’s “DANKE SCHOEN” meets it.  Ok, it’s go time, I look to the stage as Klaus immediately begins the drum prologue to the signal song.  Eyes on the mezzanine.  I’ve got to see her.  But there are so many littles in carriers, blankets covering them from my eyes, where is she?  Which is the couple that dared to buy my best comrade?

Maschine announces “Melanie!” and Eingehängt hits the keyboard leitmotif.  They’re probably doing some stunts like throwing guitars and catching them- they promised they’d do everything they could to maximize the number of eyes on them at this particular moment-

I see her.

First row of the mezzanine, she’s twisted to look out of a carrier under a white blanket.  She’s being held by a man in a blue suit and a woman in a short red dress.  She’s got an almost dreamy look on her face, smiling past her pacifier gag, and her little hands are outstretched.  I see her get stuffed back into the carrier at their feet.

They each smack her face, then kiss each other.

Nothing will stop me now.  Each step says “I am ready”.  I move up to the row of seats in a half-crouch, and I’m there.  I pull out the rolling pin, holding it in my off hand as if it’s a piece of the camera that needs to be balanced.

“Sorry, excuse me.” I mutter as I look over my shoulder and cross right in front of them.  The Stillers are holding hands.  I make sure the iocainoxitate handle is pointed outward, and I make two quick jabs into their outstretched arms, continuing to move on my course, then kneeling.

The Stillers die instantly, not even getting up.  There’s nothing but a slight expression of annoyance on their faces.  I creep back.  No one seems to be looking.  Smoke starts coming from the stage and other emitters.  I set the camera down, and grab Melanie’s carrier and what looks like a diaper bag.  I open the blanket so she can see, and we’re on our way.  I think I see her smiling at me behind her pacifier.  We’re so close.  

I’m at the stage door, heading down to the greenroom when a loud beeping cuts over the end of the song.  It’s coming from Melanie, who is suddenly crying.  The loudspeakers go dead, suddenly replaced with a loud monotone announcing

“Little theft in progress.  Little Theft in Progress.”

Note- if anyone wants to watch the real concert these fictional events are happening at, here's the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI-zmXUR6Lc

Edited by Genossin
continuity of location
  • Like 6
  • Genossin changed the title to Little Shield and Sword Chapter 14

I'm sure at this point she is so messed up I'm not even sure it's worth rescuing her... Glad he tried. Maybe there's a way out of there still...? Really want to see her back home or maybe with the nanny and him as her 'parents.' Looking forward to more!

• Like 1

I would be happy if they find the nice nanny who wanted to save her and she takes care of Melanie until they get her back.

3 hours ago, BabySofia said:

Ich bin mir sicher, dass sie im Moment so durcheinander ist, dass ich nicht einmal sicher bin, ob es sich lohnt, sie zu retten ... Ich bin froh, dass er es versucht hat. Vielleicht gibt es da noch einen Ausweg...? Ich möchte sie wirklich zu Hause sehen oder vielleicht bei der Nanny und ihm als ihre "Eltern". Freue mich auf mehr!

Yes I understand this thought but remember how the West Germans have been described so far yes of course this could be propaganda but the staff in the facility where Melanie was trapped left the impression that this probably corresponds to reality.

Then rather rescue and bring to nice GDR Amazons. Especially when you consider that the child care in the GDR was much better than those in the West.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, BabySofia said:

I'm sure at this point she is so messed up I'm not even sure it's worth rescuing her... Glad he tried. Maybe there's a way out of there still...? Really want to see her back home or maybe with the nanny and him as her 'parents.' Looking forward to more!

Well, in any case, they still need to get the nanites to study, so even what's left of her will be a high priority for recovery.  Crass way to think about it, but they sure won't want to risk another operative undergoing the same fate.  I would think it makes sense for the Stasi to try to get her out, given why they sent her in the first place.

Not going to say you won't be disappointed, but your idea for an ending is a sign that i'm on the right path, methinks

gain for anyone who's the slightest bit interested, this is happening (fictionally) at a real concert from the year in question, and the song "Melanie" can be found here.  The Puhdys really are fantastic, one of my top 3 bands of all time

• 2 weeks later...
  • Genossin changed the title to Little Shield and Sword Epilogue