LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Any ideas for a punishment when preventable leaks and accidents occur?

Story time…  I’m trying to simultaneously cut back on leaks and also deter myself from testing my “progress” by seeing how long I can go without a diaper before I have an accident. 

My original plan was to make rule that if I have a leak or accident that was preventable, I would have to go 12 consecutive hours without a diaper.  The purpose of which is to teach me the value of proper hygiene.  

Fast forward to last night when I got a little tipsy and felt my diaper was saturated and I didn’t stop to change and I had a bad leak. Wifey was ticked and put me on the 12 hour punishment.

As expected it was a disaster.  I sort of made it at first. But then I didn’t make it the second time. After that I decided to go to bed naked and woke up with a soaked bed pad a few hours later.  

After much begging and apologizing I convinced my wife to let me be caged 48 hours straight in exchange for getting my diapers back… so at least I could sleep through the night and go out the next morning.  

So this brings me to my conundrum… should I keep the 12 hour no diaper punishment? For what it’s worth the point of punishment is to inspire a person to do better next time.  And even if I didn’t make it nearly 12 hours I am more inspired to stay dry! Or make the cage the punishment?  Where I’m at currently, 48 hours is a decent amount of time.  But that’s also like a “funishment” if I can be honest   

Or any suggestions for punishment?  Mopping and laundry duties are obvious choices… but I really hate those chores.  Then again, that’s the point, isn’t it? 

I think your going at this the wrong way, leaks happen and even sometimes I miss judge how wet my diaper is and now long it will last.

If your wife is willing to get involved diaper checks from her seem more appropriate. In my experience it’s better to get your diaper checked by someone else who can see the entire diaper, including the back to judge how wet it is then to do it your self. Many times I’ve thought I wasn’t that wet only to be told there’s basically no dry padding left, and I’ve also thought I needed to change when I didn’t 

Until your more skilled in telling when you need to change that is.

• Like 1

I agree with @SunOfSheep no diaper isn't punishment. If your wife is willing, you should have check your diaper every hour. If you aren't together, then text messages should be exchanged and you check your diaper, texting back its status.

If possible at home, just wear a diaper and shirt, so your wife can easily monitor your diapers.

For sure, no diaper is the wrong direction to go.  In fact, I would suggest just the opposite, IE double up after the first 7-8 hrs wearing twice the protection for the rest of a 24hr day!  That would do more to teach you to check on a regular basis than most everything other.