LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Seasonal Restrooms

image.png

I found this sign on Cape Cod and it brought the idea of a story to mind.

--

We were visiting Herring Island.   My wife had grown up here and we have visited there a number of times on vacation.   It's a quaint little New England town, not too overrun by tourists.   We left our room in the quaint inn we were staying at and set out for a walk.   We'd likely stop for lunch at one of the sidewalk restaurants along the way.

Arriving at the town park, I gazed up a the sign that read "Seasonal Restrooms."   It always made me chuckle.

"What's so funny," my wife asked.

"This sign.   I'm not sure why I find it amusing.   But like, what do they do out of season?"  I tried to explain.

"They only keep the bathrooms open in the summer for the tourist trade, but some of the locals use them, too," she explained.

I decided to to belabor it.   My wife was a bit defensive about the way of life in her home town, though she'd not lived there in years.   But, I thought to myself, what do they do the rest of the year?

We eventually made our way to a little bistro and sat down for lunch.   After we had placed our order, my wife turned to me.  "What do you think about moving here?"

"Really? It seems a nice enough place in the summer when we visit.   But, how bad are the winters here?"

"Oh, we get snow from time to time, but it's not like you're housebound all winter.   Beside, what if we were.   You said that all you need for work is a phone and an internet connection."

She was right about the last part.   I'd not been in a traditional office situation in a long time.  I had an official home office, but more often than not in nice weather, I'd be out on our porch or in the backyard working.

"I guess it is a possibility," I said.

"Well, let's check in with a local real estate agent after lunch."  I suspect the decision had been made.

• Like 2

Sure enough not only did we visit a local real estate agent, we were set up to look at several houses.    The third one we looked at had a marvelous view of the water, a room that would work fine for my home office, plus features my wife seemed interested in that I didn't understand.   Before I knew it we were under contract.    We headed home and got our existing house put on the market.

A few days later our agent brought us a full price officer on our existing house.    We scrambled to set up the sales and moves and soon were back on Herring Island moving into our home there.   By this time it was after Labor Day and even the minimal tourist presence had waned.   I came into the bedroom and found my wife putting things away on the shelves.

"This has all been so fast," I said.   "I can't believe we're here now."

"Me, too," she said.   "It's like a dream.   I'm back where I grew up."

I pushed past her and went to open the door that separated the toilet from the rest of the master bath.    It wouldn't open.

"What's with this door?" I stated.

She paused and then said matter of factly, "It's been closed up for the season."

"What?"

"I told you about the seasonal restrooms."

"That was about the public restrooms for the tourists."

"I told you that sometimes the locals used them during the summer months when it was too hot."

Too hot for what?  "I don't understand.    What do you mean closed up?"

"The locals here don't have much use for toilets."

"They don't?   What do you mean?"

She reached down and grabbed the hem of her skirt and lifted it.   Rather than panties, she was wearing what was clearly a diaper.

"What?" I said again.

"I got some for you."

"You got some for me?"

"If you're going to be a local you need to wear them."

My head started to spin.   Was she telling me that the local adults wore diapers?   Was she saying she expected me to wear them?'

"Everybody uses diapers here.    The only real exceptions are the tourists and some of the locals who think that it's too hot to wear them in the summer."

Her waffling around my questions on the restrooms now started to make sense.

"So, you're telling me that restrooms truly are seasonal?"

"I'm afraid so.  Public and private."

• Like 1

I bristled at the concept.   Wearing diapers at my age?   Using diapers instead of the toilet.   This couldn't be serious.

"Give them a try, at least," she pleaded.  "By the way Lois and Jim invited us to dinner tonight."   Lois was a long time friend of my wife.   I liked her and her husband.  We'd visited them before.   "They won't have a toilet available, either.   Let me help you in to one."

I sighed.   I was trapped, again.    She held out her hand and I took it.   She led me to the bath.    The long countertop now sported a thin cushion over it.   She patted the surface.   I got it.   It was a changing table.   I got up.     Sue undid my belt and slid off my pants.    Next she pulled down my boxers.   My penis stood erect with all the personal attention.    She patted it.  "No time now, maybe later if you play your cards right."   I blushed.   She grabbed a diaper and worked it under me and then between my legs and fastened it up.   I looked in the mirror.    It was no doubt, I was dressed up like a baby.    She replaced my pants over my lower legs and pulled them up.   I arched my back to allow them to pass under my rear.    The fit was a little snug but it worked.

We headed out to Lois and Jim's house.   LIke most places on the island, it was a comfortable walk and that's how we went.    I passed the "Seasonal Restroom" sign.   Before I had snickered at the implication, but now it was gravely serious.   We got to the house and were ushered in.    Sue and Lois went off to the kitchen chattering and Jim offered me a beer.   We took our drinks into the back yard.

"So, how's Herring Island life for you?" Jim asked.

"I just got introduced to the unspoken part.    Sue put a diaper on me before we came over here."

Jim smiled.  "You didn't know about that before you moved?"

"No, Sue conveniently left that part out."

"It's not bad.  It's even convenient at times.   I grew up here so it was what I knew.   But I did go away to college and then worked on the mainland for a couple of years, so I had been potty trained for a while.   But I came back."

"Potty trained?"

"Well, growing up here, I wasn't initially.    That summer before I went off to college, let's say I made a lot of trips to the seasonal restrooms practicing for school.    I bought myself proper underwear when I got there though I usually had to sleep in a diaper or the like for the first year.   I was using the toilet all the time until I moved back.   It doesn't take long on the island to lose control again.    It will likely happen to you, too."

Great, I thought to myself.   What else did Sue conveniently omit.