LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Omutsu / What soap to use?

LiL Marc

This week I'm going to receive my Omutsu from Rearz, this will be my first time with cloth diaper and I can't wait

But I was wondering what kind of soap do you use? I know that you should avoid fabric softener or perfume

Any help will be appricated, because the more I read with my basic english and the more I'am lost LOL

5 hours ago, DailyDi said:

Tide Free works great, but if you are really concerned you can buy Dreft that is made for babies/diapers

Thank you! ?

7 hours ago, DailyDi said:

Tide Free works great, but if you are really concerned you can buy Dreft that is made for babies/diapers

@DailyDi

I've heard good things about Ivory Snow ;)

Brian

• Like 1

Dreft used to be the go-to for diapers, Since they changed the scent, I use Tide or Xtra with Oxy. Contrary to belief, scented detergents are not harmful to the diaper, nor to the persons  UNLESS, they has an allergy, which is uncommon. Here is a site that goes in detail for caring for diapers using an HE washer. Granted, it is for baby diapers but a diaper is a diaper

https://fluffloveuniversity.com/

In truth, there are no soaps used in modern times. They have been replaced by detergents, which use a different mechanism to clean fabrics and other things. Since they do not depend on oils, detergentws are safe for rubber panteis as well. Flufflovers recommend  Tide and Dreft. I have quit on Dreft since they changed the scent to a more adult one, Tide with Oxy is hard to find and smells strange and ordinary Tide and Xtra have a more line-tried scent

Do  avoid fabric softteners, both washer and dryer as they lessen the absorbency of the diaper

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Little Christine said:

Dreft used to be the go-to for diapers, Since they changed the scent, I use Tide or Xtra with Oxy. Contrary to belief, scented detergents are not harmful to the diaper, nor to the persons  UNLESS, they has an allergy, which is uncommon. Here is a site that goes in detail for caring for diapers using an HE washer. Granted, it is for baby diapers but a diaper is a diaper

https://fluffloveuniversity.com/

In truth, there are no soaps used in modern times. They have been replaced by detergents, which use a different mechanism to clean fabrics and other things. Since they do not depend on oils, detergentws are safe for rubber panteis as well. Flufflovers recommend  Tide and Dreft. I have quit on Dreft since they changed the scent to a more adult one, Tide with Oxy is hard to find and smells strange and ordinary Tide and Xtra have a more line-tried scent

Do  avoid fabric softteners, both washer and dryer as they lessen the absorbency of the diaper

Thanks
As for the Omutsu, it will have to wait cause I order a bit to small, and I think the velcro is not a good idea, dont seem to work nicely
My next order I will buy the prefold diaper whitout velcro

• Like 1

I only use Purex laundry detergent on my diapers as well as Purex non-chlorine bleach to soak them in while I'm waiting to wash them. I wash what I use every day.

• Like 2
On 7/7/2021 at 10:31 AM, BabyJune said:

I only use Purex laundry detergent on my diapers as well as Purex non-chlorine bleach to soak them in while I'm waiting to wash them. I wash what I use every day.

If you clean them immediately after use, and they are clean to start out, You really only need to run them through a wash and 2 rince cycles and not use any detergent. That is what I do 8 times out of 10 and they have no odor when dry. I use cool or very lukewarm water so nothing can "set"

• Like 1