LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What are the best brand of heavy duty plastic pants?

I wear a double cloth diaper around the house in private and at night. I have been wearing Leak Master heavy plastic pants. They fit around a double cloth diaper wonderfully, but I wanted to see if there are other brands of heavy plastic pants that hold up better. Are there any?

• 2 weeks later...

I use Gary Active Wear diaper covers during the day and I use a Babykins Terry lined P.U.L. diaper cover when I go to bed. The Babykins diaper cover is very heavy duty and the terry lining will obsorb any leaks that might escape my diaper while I am sleeping. It is rare that my overnight diaper leaks, but it does happen every now and then.

Gary heavyweight are sold all over the place. LL Medico, Mountain View, Fetrware and Protex

http://other.sandralyn.net/rppage.html#reviews

I have not tried the Mountain View panties. use the links under "Categories" to get at them. I have used the LL Medico panties but these are the same

https://www.plastic-pants.com/products/smock.html

i tried them, they felt grainy, which feels chintzy and not like premium material. Otherwise, I like BabyKins Fet ware sells panties made of a very soft and smooth material called DuraSoft

http://other.sandralyn.net/rppage.html#buy

• 1 year later...

I also use the Leakmaster heavy duty plastic pants. Easily available from Amazon. Very thick and sturdy. Gary high back thick pants from Fetware are also great! These over Leakmaster cloth diapers keep me dry every night.99D85B0F-23EA-4414-B88D-8C7F42F2460C.thumb.jpeg.3bc5d586e8c6592028a06f3d7dc8b78a.jpeg

• Like 2

Sadly none of the pants protex sells will fit, the leg holes are too small. Yah, I have very thick thighs, but, I am a rather big person. They had one with leg holes large enough, and its discontinued, and they no longer have any in that size. FYI, it was just a xl and a 2x

10 hours ago, Alyeskabird said:

Sadly none of the pants protex sells will fit, the leg holes are too small. Yah, I have very thick thighs, but, I am a rather big person. They had one with leg holes large enough, and its discontinued, and they no longer have any in that size. FYI, it was just a xl and a 2x

Then the best choice for you is the 7 mil Gary panties at eithert LL Medico or Mountain View (plastic_pahts.com) . I have used both and they are reviewed HERE

I have tried the gary pants before, even the 5x has been a no go. Gets pulled a little to tight around the legs, and the plastic starts to split. The 6x is so oversized at t he waist that its my waist is right at the bottom end of the sizing for it, would need suspenders to keep it up, and the leg opens jump in side hugely. I basicly need a 32 inch leg opening, the 6x starts at 34 it looks like.

It does look like they changed there sizing again, so I might give them another try, but, 50 bucks is a lot of money for that sorta thing.

You might need them to be custom made that can be done by contacting the owner of L L Medico or Mountain View. I have dealt with both and they are good people. As to the price, I do not know, Inflation has hit everything and that is a rare, exotic size

Oddly enough, incontrol has a couple diferent plastic pants with good sized leg openings, 2x, good sizing all around, not sure how well they will work with cloth diapers. Some of the rearz stuff is clearly ment only for over disposables.

I think he also wanted "heavy duy" which I take to mean 6 mil or more

• 1 month later...

If you are worried about leaks, I strongly recommend that you go to Walgreens and buy a couple of their mattress protectors.  You will find them in the incontinence products aisle.  These are far superior to the CVS option.  They are big enough to catch leaks at the top when you are lying on your back, and on either side when you roll over and have leaks at your thighs.  I have been using them for years, and have never had one bleed through to wick moisture onto the bedding.

When it comes to baby pants, pay close attention to the waist and thigh bands.  You want these wide because, as the material stiffens over time, the narrow bands will become uncomfortably tight.  

• 1 month later...
On 4/13/2023 at 4:30 PM, Babypants said:

If you are worried about leaks, I strongly recommend that you go to Walgreens and buy a couple of their mattress protectors.  You will find them in the incontinence products aisle.  These are far superior to the CVS option.  They are big enough to catch leaks at the top when you are lying on your back, and on either side when you roll over and have leaks at your thighs.  I have been using them for years, and have never had one bleed through to wick moisture onto the bedding.

When it comes to baby pants, pay close attention to the waist and thigh bands.  You want these wide because, as the material stiffens over time, the narrow bands will become uncomfortably tight.  

Not only to the waist and leg openings but also to the the side seam and especially crotch width. The leg and waist size and crotch width are usually given in the size chart. Look in my siggy for the firt rubber panties icon and read RUBBER PANTIES'R'US FOR AN EDUCATION ON THE MATTER

• 3 weeks later...

I use the Gary plastic pants in various colors from Baby-Pants.com. They are very comfortable and more important to me, they are very realistic to the little ones. As for cracking, it never has happened to me. That sounds like to me that the owner is not washing them properly. You should never put plastic pants in the washer and/or dryer.  Wash them in warm water with a little dawn in the bathroom sink and then hang and let dry naturally. The dryer will dry them out, causing cracking.

Here is what you should know about selectiong and caring for your panties with pictures of how to dry them well

http://other.sandralyn.net/rppage.html#buy