LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Classified: Stellar Remnants (Completed 1/29/2023)

Here we go again! This story takes place in the same universe as Classified: A New Life, and if you haven't read that, you should read it first. This is a much less whimsical tale, but one that I hope fleshes out the universe a bit more, as well as being enjoyable to read. It covers some pretty dark stuff as the story goes along, so read at your own risk. Here we go, and please do tell me what you think!

#####

Prologue: Starquake

“Fuck!” Lily Bronsen snarls. She trembles with rage, wondering how the universe could possibly be so unfair. 

“What’s wrong?” One of her roommates, Alex, pokes her head out of the kitchen; her blonde hair is tied up in a bun. Alex is a Neutral, and does data-entry for the CLASS branch in their area. “Did you bang your shin on the coffee table again? I keep telling Darren to pick a spot for it.” 

“No.” Lily snaps, swiping angrily at her eyes and pushing her strawberry-blonde hair out of her face. “I got my results today.”

Alex comes over to sit next to Lily on the couch. “What’d you get?” she wonders.

“I’m a Little.” Lily says bitterly.

“Did you not know that ahead of time or something? I mean...most people don’t suck their thumbs when they get stressed out. Not to mention what happened last week at Shue’s place.”

“I was drunk, okay? It’s not like I piss myself regularly or anything.” Lily grumbles.

“What about the week before that, at the movie theatre? Or at the concert? Or the theme park?” Alex continues, listing off other embarrassing incidents, as Lily refused to call them accidents.

“Too much soda, drunk again, should have gone before we got in line.” Lily huffs. “You got a fucking point to make, ‘Lex?” She growls.

“I think you know exactly what I’m saying. One is an anomaly, two is a coincidence, and three is a pattern. We’re at four in the last two weeks alone. I keep telling you to wear protection--it’s not like anyone will see it anyway. Besides, I’m not a Caregiver. I don’t mind helping you out or anything like that, but I shouldn’t have to carry around extra clothes for you either.”

Lily blushes. She had been wearing protection on all those occasions. Pull-ups just didn’t work for the magnitude of incidents she’d had, and she’d ended up leaking. She pats down her pockets, looking for her cigarettes and finds them empty. Fucking Darren.

“First of all, I didn’t ask you to do that for me. And secondly, what are you saying then?” Lily demands.

Alex sets her jaw. “You’d better watch your attitude, Lil. I’ve had a shitty day at work, and I don’t need to deal with your tantrum on top of it.” she snaps. “I’m saying you should have seen this coming miles away. I’ll go and get the ELK, and we’ll figure something out.”

Alex disappears for a moment, and then returns with the ELK and a small duffel bag in the same coloring. She opens the container, revealing four tablets, one each of green, yellow, purple, and a white one.

Lily tastes each of the colored tablets in turn, mostly to placate Alex while she thinks about how to proceed. She absolutely refuses to become one of them, no matter what. She’s already managed to escape one hellish environment where her every move was decided for her, and she’s not about to go through that again.

The yellow candy does taste pretty good though…

“So, you’re an L-3.” Alex says. “At least potty training is an option for you, that’s at least something positive…”

“How do you know that?” Lily wonders, smacking her lips at the taste of the candy.

“That’s literally what the candy is for. The colored coating only tastes good if your biological markers match with that Classification, or something like that, I’m not familiar with the science of it. It’s just to prevent panic attacks over the news.” Alex explains.

“You just gave me drugs?” Lily wonders.

“It’s just an anti-anxiety thing. Don’t worry. There’s a pull-up in the bag, and I’d like you to put it on, just in case. You’re pretty worked up right now, and I don’t want to clean up any puddles.”

Lily immediately stands up, offended and angry at the implication, even if it isn’t exactly off-base.

“Oh, fuck you! Really, Lex? I’m not a goddamn baby, or a puppy or whatever, I’m not going to piss on the floor.”

“Lily, you’re really trying my patience. I’m only trying to help you out. I might be a Neutral, but I’m this close to taking you over my knee, I swear. If you want to be treated like an adult, then act like it, and let’s have a civil discussion without all the cursing, okay?”

“Try it and see what happens, Lex.” Lily snaps, and marches across the room to retrieve her shoes and jacket. “I’m going out. I gotta talk to Bongo and Riceman.” Lily says, double checking that her wallet has actual Coin in it, and not just her card.

“Why? All Bongo’s going to do is try to sell you CHITs and fake IDs.”

Lily nods. “Exactly.” She zips her coat, too aggressively and makes for the door.

“Lily, what the hell are you doing? I know I’m not your Caregiver, but as your friend, this is probably the dumbest thing you’ve ever done. Those CHITs are really dangerous, not to mention illegal, and unless you plan on hacking the CLASS database to change your results, a fake ID is useless.”

“You’re not telling me anything I don’t already know.” Lily points out. “That’s what Riceman is for.”

“Are you insane? You’re trying to prevent an inevitable biological process from happening with a drug that will at best, delay it, and at worst, kill you. And as if that wasn’t bad enough, you’re going to participate in cybercrime while you’re at it!” Alex’s voice gets progressively louder and she takes Lily by the arm.

“Yep.” Lily replies flippantly. “I will not be a Little. Look, only like, three people have ever died from doing CHITs, and I’ll be careful. I refuse to end up as a pants-shitting crybaby who’s incapable of living a normal life. Better dead than useless.” she jerks her arm free of Alex’s grip “ I can handle myself.” 

She steps out into the hallway and slams the door in Alex’s face. 

~CSR~

Bongo and Riceman’s apartment is surprisingly clean, Lily thinks.

The furniture is old and well-used, but they take care of the things they have. She tries not to fidget as she sits across from Bongo at their kitchen table. Her bladder throbs, but not too urgently.

She slides her pile of coin across the table to Bongo who counts it and nods, satisfied.

“I’ve gotta go make your new ID and get the CHITS counted out. Be careful with that stuff, Lily, I mean it. Any more than one a day and you’re in for a real bad time.” Bongo say seriously, his dark eyes intense. “They’ll help with the incontinence part of things temporarily. Keeping your cool, and making smart decisions is on you. The Doctor could probably help with a more permanent solution, but he’s on sabbatical and not to be disturbed for anything. This is the best I’ve got.” Bongo says. “And some of the side effects can be pretty wicked, so like I said, one every day.”

Lily nods again. “I get it.” She counts out another stack of Coin and passes it to Riceman. She’s just shelled out almost all of her savings, but if it keeps her from ending up in diapers, it’s worth it.

“And I can alter some things in the CLASS systems without getting caught, but it’ll only be surface level.” Riceman explains as he scratches at his stubble, his round face serious. “Any kind of deep digging, and you’re fried. You’ll be able to buy booze and smokes, and get into clubs and shit. But buying a car or a gun or anything like that is a no-go. And, don’t get pulled over either.”

“I can handle that.” Lily says, swallowing hard. “Is there anything else I should know before we do this?”

Bongo stares at her. “Are you sure about this? There’s no reset button for this kind of thing. Once we do this, you’re stuck. You can live as a Neutral for the rest of your days, but if you fuck up at all, game over. And, we won’t be able to help you either, for obvious reasons.”

“I understand. I’m sure.” Lily says, with a confidence she doesn’t actually feel.

“Okay.” Bongo shares a glance with Riceman, and both of them stand. 

“Wait right here.” Riceman says. “We’ll be back shortly.”

In another moment, they’re gone, leaving Lily alone with her thoughts at the table.

What did I just do? Lily wonders.

• Like 8
4 hours ago, Brutal_Ink said:

Yep.” Lily replies flippantly. “I will not be a Little. Look, only like, three people have ever died from doing CHITs, and I’ll be careful. I refuse to end up as a pants-shitting crybaby who’s incapable of living a normal life. Better dead than useless.” she jerks her arm free of Alex’s grip “ I can handle myself.” 

She steps out into the hallway and slams the door in Alex’s face. 

Honestly I can see both sides this... I'm different... And like I don't want or feel like I need to be cured but..... I hate the ways I'm limited with a lot of things and I understand her not wanting to loose herself..... And frankly I disagree with the rather extreme loss of civil liberties and the amount of control exerted..... Even when people are lucid and not in a regressed state.... I guess the anarchist in mean doesn't believe in incarceration generally and definitely doesn't think people should be punished for things that only effect themselves..... So I could see consequences for trying to drive but not refusing classification.  I hope this doesn't go bad for her but reading the summary and tags... ?

I am so happy to see another story in this universe so quickly! And I am further happy that it appears to be extremely different from the first one; it will be fun to explore new aspects of this culture.

• Brutal_Ink changed the title to Classified: Stellar Remnants (Chapter 1 on 6/6/2021)

Part I: White Dwarves

“In another moment, down went Alice after it, never once considering how in the world she was to get out again.” -Lewis Caroll (Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland)

Chapter 1: Skirmish

Lily rubs her thumb over the small plastic bag of pills in her pocket. 

She’s grateful for that, at least. They’ll be much easier to hide that way... 

Take one(1) caplet per 24 hour period, with food. Do Not mix with alcohol. Do Not combine with other medications. C.H.I.T. 250mg 

The words on the label are burned into her brain. 

She’s already taken one, chasing it down with a sub-par hot sandwich from the corner store. She sighs and tosses the wrapper into a nearby garbage can. Her hands are trembling and her stomach feels like it’s on fire, though whether that’s from the sandwich or the CHIT, she can’t tell.

Chrysalis Hormone Inhibitor Tablets  is what they’re called, apparently, there’s no reason for Bongo to have lied about that. Lily’s new ID card also works normally, the replacement pack of cigarettes in her jacket pocket is proof of that.

Lily’s stomach twists, and she isn’t sure whether it’s from guilt, the CHIT, or the sandwich.

Fuck me…

Lily takes a deep breath and sits down on a bench outside her apartment building. She lights up a cigarette and takes a puff, finally relaxing. There aren’t very many people out and about today, she notes. The leaves have already begun falling from the trees, and the chill in the air is unpleasant rather than refreshing. She finishes her cigarette and puts the butt into the disposal receptacle by the door before taking the elevator up to her floor.

Alex is going to be pissed at her, and Darren is probably home from work by now too, and she isn’t looking forward to dealing with either of them at the moment. She just wants to relax…

On a hunch, she takes the bag out of her pocket and removes her left shoe. Checking to make sure no one is watching, she peels back the insole and stuffs the small bag under it before putting her shoe back on. It’ll be uncomfortable for a bit, but she can find a better hiding place for it later.

Lily pauses outside the door to her apartment, takes a deep breath, and opens the door.

Alex steps in front of her almost immediately. “Turn out your pockets.” she snaps.

Lily snorts. “Uh, no.” She shrugs out of her jacket and hangs it up by the hook on the door.

“I’d do it if I were you...” Darren says. He’s clearly just gotten back from work, and he still hasn’t taken off his shirt from the firehouse. He’s tall and muscular, with dark skin and neatly trimmed hair.

Lily scoffs at him. “You too? You know, for Neutrals, you guys are awfully interested in my business.”

“Just because I don’t have an innate desire to take care of you doesn’t mean I don’t care about you.” Alex says softly. “It’s your life and you can do what you want with it, but I won’t have drugs in my apartment. Turn out your pockets.”

Lily rolls her eyes and makes a show of turning all of her pockets inside out. “I only got the ID. Fucking hell, ‘Lex, get off my back.”

“Fine. It’s still incredibly stupid. I’m not gonna ask you to stop swearing again, Lil, I mean it.” Alex growls, seizing Lily by the arm. Her grip isn’t firm enough to bruise, but it’s definitely painful.

“Ow!” Lily squirms. “Okay, I’m sorry, jeez!” 

“I might be a Neutral, but if you think I’m going to tolerate you acting like a brat, you’ve got another thing coming. Being disrespectful and crass doesn’t make you look any more like an adult, and I will not have that kind of attitude or language directed at me in my own house.” Alex warns, her eyes narrowing.

Lily smirks. “Technically, it’s an apartment, but whatever.”

“Last warning, Lil. I will punish you if you keep this up, I promise you that. And if that doesn’t teach you to be respectful, you can find another place to live.” Alex’s voice is low and dangerous.

“You’d really put me out on the street?” Lily wonders. She hadn’t thought that Alex would take things this far.

“I mean it’s the nuclear option, but if it comes down to that, yes. You have a job, and with a forged classification you’ll be able to get your own place. I don’t want to do that, but I will.” 

Lily huffs, folding her arms and scowling. She hadn’t expected her decision to complicate things so quickly. “Fine. I’ll try to watch my language. Is there anything else that’s gonna land me in the naughty corner?” she sneers.

Alex pinches the bridge of her nose and lets out a long sigh. “Not really. Clean up after yourself, don’t be a brat and don’t bring any drugs into the apartment. That’s all I ask. Oh, and wear your diaper to bed.”

“I don’t need-” Lily begins.

“Yes, you do! I’m not asking you to like it, I’m telling you to do it. We all know what will happen if you don’t, so why don’t you prove that you’re willing to work with me by following the rules. Who do you think put the plastic cover on your bed anyway?”

Angry tears spill down Lily’s cheeks. “That’s not fair! You know I can’t help it.”

“Yeah, I do know that. That’s why I’m telling you to put on your diaper so you don’t have laundry to do in the middle of the night. That way, you can actually sleep. I’m not going to argue with you. Either you do it, or I will. I’m not gonna put up with you lugging your dirty laundry around at two AM and crying because you can’t take responsibility for yourself.”

Lily sniffles, pressing the heels of her hands against her eyes. Her cheeks burn with shame and indignation. Alex has hit a particularly raw nerve with that comment, as bedwetting is something she’s struggled with her whole life. It’s a sensitive topic and Alex knows that; the only reason she’d say that is to hurt Lily’s feelings.

Wow.” Lily mutters. “You really are a bitch.”

That’s it!” Alex snarls.

Enough!” Darren booms, stepping between them. “You,” he says, looking at Alex. “Need to go calm down.” 

“See? Even Darren--” Lily begins, but Darren rounds on her next.

“And you’re out of line. Go and stand in the corner.”

Darren towers over Lily; he’s a foot taller than she is and outweighs her by about a hundred and thirty pounds, all of it muscle. He’s a Caregiver, that’s why he works as a firefighter. And even though he’s never expressed a desire to have a Little, he’s clearly on Alex’s side with this particular issue.

“Are you gonna make me?” Lily challenges, drawing herself up to her full height.

Darren just sighs and slings her over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. “Yep.” he says, depositing her in the corner. “You know, for someone who doesn’t want to get kicked out, you have a funny way of showing it. Alex’s name is the one on the lease, so if she wants you gone, there’s nothing I can do to help you. I’d watch myself if I were you.”

“You’re gonna let her spank me?” Lily says incredulously, turning around and stomping her foot.

“I’m not gonna let her do anything. I don’t want a Little, but if I had one, and they behaved like you, I’d be a lot less patient than Alex has been. And, she’s right. Dropping the F-bomb every five seconds will get you nothing but rolled eyes and closed ears. Grow up.” Darren sighs and takes Lily by the shoulders, firmly turning her around to face the corner.

“You can’t just put me in the corner like this! I’m not a child!” Lily protests. A few coarse words doesn’t justify being treated this way, and besides, she’d been provoked.

Darren snorts. “Could’ve fooled me. A word of advice: if you want a place to sleep tonight, you might want to spend this time coming up with an apology. I’m gonna go shower. I’d stay put if I were you.”

Lily bristles at that comment. “I’ll do whatever the fuck I want!”

“It’s your behind that’s in trouble. I don’t care what you do, I just wanted to separate you two before you tried to kill each other.” Darren replies, and leaves Lily to stew.

~CSR~

“Do you have anything to say for yourself?” Alex wonders from somewhere behind Lily.

Lily just seethes in silence. It’s bad enough that she’s been put in the corner like an errant child, but being expected to apologize is a step too far for her. Alex is the one who had escalated things; if anything Alex owes her an apology.

“I’m not sorry.” Lily says. “You knew that comment about bedwetting would hurt me. Turnabout is fair play.”

“I’m not sorry either. All I did was state the facts. You wet the bed, and you wear diapers to keep the sheets clean. You’re not very quiet when you get up to do laundry, and there are other people trying to sleep while you’re throwing yourself a pity-party. I’m not here to coddle you, Lily. I don’t care if me telling the truth hurts your feelings. You want to be a Neutral, then fine. Welcome to the real world, where we don’t sugar-coat things just because you’re sad.”

Lily doesn’t even have a response to that. Alex is being so cruel to her, when all she’d wanted was to be left alone to live her own life.

“I’ll put your diaper on for you if you won’t do it yourself. I have to be awake to be able to do my job well, and I won’t be if you’re waking me up all night long.”

“Why are you being such a--why are you being so harsh?” Lily corrects herself.

“I’m just being honest.” Alex answers.

“You have no idea what it’s like to be a Little…” Lily points out.

“You’re right.” Alex concedes. “I don’t. And neither do you, since you just went and decided that hacking the CLASS system was better than, oh, I don’t know, looking into the resources available to you to make life easier. You can’t have your cake and eat it too, Lily, either you’re an adult, or you’re not. You don’t get to just flip-flop when you don’t feel like dealing with life.”

Lily just sniffles. “Are you gonna spank me now? Or have you put me in my place enough for one night?”

“It’s not about putting you in your place.” Alex says. “You say you want to be an adult, but your actions tell me differently. I just want you to be aware of what’s expected of you if you’re really going to try and lie your way through life. Besides, you’re tiny and I’m still too angry to do it without actually hurting you. So no, I’m not going to spank you.”

Lily lets out a breath that she hadn’t realized she’d been holding.

“I’m going to bed.” Alex says. “There’s leftovers in the fridge if you’re hungry.” She turns away and heads for the door.

The tension in the room is palpable. The air is electric, humming with spite and resignation.

“Alex?” Lily says, swallowing her pride. She knows that she should apologize, but it just doesn’t seem fair. Still, she doesn’t want to let things fester between them like this…

Alex’s shoulders slump forward. “What, Lily? I’m tired.”

Lily sighs. If Alex is going to respond like that, then she’s not going to waste her breath on an apology. But, an olive branch of civility is better than nothing...“I just...goodnight.” she says finally. 

“Yeah.” Alex says in a tense voice. “Night.”

And then, Lily is alone.

• Like 12

Excellent dialogues, good job so far.

I’m waiting to know more about how the CLASS system works in practice and in which form karma police does show up when you mess with it.

Chapter 2: Complications

Lily wakes up in a pool of sweat.

Her head is pounding, like her brain is trying to batter its way out of her skull with a sledgehammer. Her stomach rolls unpleasantly, and she lurches out of bed, stumbling into the bathroom just in time to offer her sacrifice to the porcelain gods.

She stays that way for a while, hunched over the toilet, retching and miserable, until the overwhelming nausea she’d felt subsides.

“Dammit.” Lily mutters, flushing the commode and standing up to brush her teeth at the sink. I hope it’s not like this every morning. Lily thinks to herself as she finishes brushing her teeth and moves on to washing her face. Though, to be fair, her stomach issues could have just as easily been caused by the sandwich she’d eaten yesterday.

Lily finishes washing her face, finally beginning to feel like a human again, and looks in the mirror to assess the damage.

And then, she screams.

The white part of her right eye is bloody. It’s not painful or anything, but it looks positively ghastly. Her lower lip begins to tremble, eyes welling with tears, but she dashes them away roughly. She’s not that much of a baby that she’s literally scared of her own reflection, even if she does look terrible.

Lily heads back to her room to fish the bag of CHITs out of her shoe--the clock on her nightstand tells her that Darren and Alex will have both left for work already. She squirrels the bag away inside an old pair of socks that she’d never be caught dead in, and heads to the kitchen to make breakfast for herself.  She doesn’t much feel like eating, as her stomach hasn’t entirely settled yet, but given the warning on the label, she’s not about to experiment with the pills. She grabs a granola bar out of the cabinet and eats that before swallowing down another of the tiny pills.

She grabs herself a tall glass of water, fires off a text message to her boss to let him know she’ll be out sick today, and then goes over to the couch to rest. It occurs to her as she sits down on the couch that she hadn’t bothered to take off her diaper in all the excitement of the morning. Not only that, but it’s bone dry.

Lily allows herself a small, hopeful smile. They worked!

Full of renewed energy at this realization, she rearranges the pillows on the sofa to make herself comfortable, and turns on her gaming console. With no work, a normally functioning bladder, and the house to herself, she might as well enjoy her day.

Grinning, Lily heads to her room to take off the unused diaper and deposit it in the pail in her closet, proudly tugging on a pair of panties in its place. She scurries off to use the bathroom while her console boots up, unwilling to risk an accident now that she has better control. She takes a moment to strip the bed, even though she hasn't wet it, the sweaty sheets need to be washed. Once she’s finished she heads back to the living room to play some games.

After all, that exotic raid isn’t going to complete itself…

The hours of the day pass by in a rush as she grinds away at her game, pausing only to eat or use the bathroom--like a normal adult. It makes her a little anxious to be alone in the apartment, since no one’s around to help her if there’s some kind of emergency. However, a trip outside for a cigarette break calms her nerves enough that it doesn’t overwhelm her.

Lily yawns as she returns to her spot on the couch. She normally takes a nap when she doesn’t have work, and it’s about that time of day by now. She curls up on the couch, and for the first time in her life, she falls asleep without a diaper.

~CSR~

“Lily, wake up.” Alex’s voice is firm, but not unkind. 

“Huh?” Lily wonders, blinking slowly.

“Oh, my god! Lily, what happened to your eye?” Alex exclaims.

“I ate a bad sandwich yesterday I think. I threw up this morning, and I must’ve popped a vessel in my eye. I called out today.” Lily explains.

“Oh. I’m sorry you’re not feeling well, Lil.” Alex replies, rubbing her shoulder. “How’s your diaper? I can change you if you need it.”

Lily just shakes her head. “I’m not wearing one. I woke up dry this morning.” She says, a little too proudly for her liking.

Alex sighs and lifts the blanket that Lily had draped over herself. 

The couch is completely dry, though Lily can tell that Alex is less than pleased with her decision to go without protection.

“That’s kind of irresponsible, don’t you think? Just because you woke up dry once doesn’t mean that your problem has gone away.” Alex points out.

Lily frowns. “I thought you’d at least be happy for me.”

“I am. I just don’t want you to pee on my very expensive couch.” Alex replies. “I’ll go get you a diaper, in case you fall asleep again.”

“I’m not putting on a diaper!” Lily grumbles.

“You are if you plan on sleeping on my couch. If you don’t want to wear a diaper, then you can sleep in your own bed.”

Lily sighs. There’s nothing to do in her room, besides messing around on her phone. It isn’t fair that Alex is being such a stick in the mud.

“This is so fucking dumb…” Lily mutters, flopping down on the couch. It’s not like she’s never worn a diaper before, it’s just that, on principle, she doesn’t want to wear them if she doesn’t have an actual need. But, she also can’t tip Alex off to the CHITs, and she knows Alex will be suspicious if she decides to go to her room.

“What did I say about the swearing?” Alex demands as she steps back into the living room. “And what happened to your sheets? I thought you woke up dry?”

“I’m not your Little, Alex. Drop it.” Lily snaps. “I was just really sweaty and I wanted to wash my sheets. They’re in the dryer right now, I just forgot to put them back on.”

“Sure.” Alex says, totally unconvinced. “And you aren’t my Little, but you’re about to be diapered like one. You live in my house, so you’ll follow my rules, is that clear?” Alex responds sharply, pulling Lily’s sweatpants and underwear off and making short work of diapering her before putting her sweats back on. “There. Was that so hard?”

Lily just glares at Alex, not quite able to believe that her roommate would manhandle her like that. “You have no right to fuc--” She begins, but a sharp blow to her backside interrupts her.

“Yes, I do, Lil. My couch, my rules. If you don’t want to wear it, you can either bring in a chair from the kitchen, or go to your room. And, if you curse at me again, you won’t be sitting at all for a while. I’m not gonna tell you again.”

“Stop it! Stop telling me what to do, and stop threatening to spank me. You’re not my mom!” Lily responds angrily.

“Then stop making me act like it! Do you think I want to diaper you or carry around extra clothes for you in case you have an accident? I’m a Neutral, Lily, I want you to take care of yourself. But if I have to take measures to protect my property and my peace, and try to keep you from embarrassing yourself in public, then I will.”

Lily folds her arms, unwilling to continue arguing. Her head is pounding, and she doesn’t have the energy to maintain the level of anger necessary to argue with Alex. Maybe she should have just gone back to bed instead of playing video games... “Fine.” she spits. “I’m. Sorry. Alex.”

Alex sighs. “Thank you, Lily. I’ll wake you up when dinner’s ready. I hope you feel better soon.” she says, and leaves Lily on the couch.

Lily squeezes her eyes shut as her vision begins to double and the ache between her temples intensifies. She breaks out into a cold sweat, heart pounding, and she can’t seem to get enough air. She sits up, placing her hands on her knees and gasping. Sweat drips off of her chin as her head begins to swim, the room spinning and tilting around her at a crazy angle. 

“Alex?” Lily croaks, even though she’s putting all of her energy into calling out for her roommate. Her vision begins to darken around the edges.

“Lily, you look awful!” Alex exclaims as she looks in on Lily from the kitchen. She hurries over to the couch and kneels down next to Lily. “What can I do, Lil? Tell me how to help you.”

Lily looks toward the sound of Alex’s voice, closing her eyes to try and fight the overwhelming dizziness and nausea she’s experiencing. “‘Lex I don’t…I don’t feel so good.” she whimpers, and then pitches forward off the couch.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Brutal_Ink changed the title to Classified: Stellar Remnants (Chapter 2 on 6/6/2021)

Chapter 3: Consequences

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Lily stretches out reflexively, fumbling around for the ‘snooze’ button on her alarm clock. Her right hand completely misses the bedside table, which she’s deliberately put within arm’s reach of her bed so she can turn off the alarm clock without getting up. There’s a sharp twinge in her wrist at the motion

Missing the nightstand and the pain in her wrist are jarring enough that she finally opens her eyes, and it’s only then that she realizes where the noise is coming from. She’s hooked up to an IV drip, which explains the pain in her wrist, and the beeping is coming from her heart monitor.

She looks around the room, shifting in bed, and winces as she wrinkles her brow and pulls on the stitches she hadn’t realized were there. Must’ve hit the coffee table on the way down. Lily thinks. Her wiggling has told her that her diaper is dry at least. But, she can’t say whether she’s managed to stay dry while she’s been unconscious, or if the hospital staff has changed her while she’s been out.

Lily lifts the bedsheet gingerly, and is grateful to find that the diaper she’s wearing is very plain and free of any designs, unlike one that might be given to a Little. She’d prefer to be in panties, but that can’t be helped at the moment. She looks at the wristband around her left wrist and is relieved at the inscription: [N]-Lily Bronsen.

So far, so good. Lily is alone in the hospital room, however, and she wonders if Alex or Darren might be around. She can feel a headache coming on, and her muscles ache like she’s just finished a really intense workout.

“I see you’re awake now, Miss Bronsen. How are you feeling?” Says an unfamiliar voice

“Thirsty, and a little dizzy.” Lily replies honestly. The nurse that’s just walked in has dark hair and dark eyes, and she looks a little worn-out. “Who are you?”

“My name is Katrina, but most of the patients just call me Nurse Kat.”

“Oh.” Lily says. “What happened?” 

“You passed out at home, according to your roommate. We ran some tests while you were unconscious, and it looks like you’ve got rotavirus. We’ve given you a saline drip to help replace some of the fluids you’ve lost, and you’ll probably feel lousy for a few days. We’d like to keep you for observation overnight, just to make sure there aren’t anymore complications, but you’ll be able to go home after that.” The nurse explains.

“Okay. Is the diaper really necessary?” Lily wonders.

“It’s really only there as a precaution. Your roommate said you sometimes have issues with nocturnal enuresis, and it’s hospital policy that patients must wear protection if they suffer from it. It's extremely rare for Neutrals to have problems with it though...are you on drugs?”

Lily’s heart leaps into her throat, and she can hear the heart monitor picking up speed. “What?” she asks in a shaky voice as she fights off a fear-induced chill.

“I asked if you were on any medications. Do you take any vitamins or anything like that on a regular basis? Sometimes that can cause issues.” Kat repeats.

“No.” Lily says. “Guess I’m just one of the lucky few…”

Kat gives her a skeptical look. “I suppose so. Do you need to use the restroom while I’m here? I have to go with you until we’re sure you won’t pass out again.”

“Yes please.” Lily replies gratefully. Even having an escort to the bathroom is better than going in her pants. Her gait is unsteady and slow as she shuffles across the room to the bathroom, wheeling her IV drip along with her.

It’s a fairly mortifying experience to be accompanied to the bathroom, but Kat at least affords her some privacy by turning around while Lily does her business. Needing help with cleaning up afterwards is worse, but at least at the end of it all, Lily’s pants are still dry. 

To Lily’s surprise, Alex is waiting for her when she comes out of the bathroom, sitting in the chair next to her bed.

“Alex?” Lily wonders.

“Oh, good, you’re awake. I was worried something happened and they needed to move you.” Alex explains. “I brought you some clothes from home, we had to trash the ones you came in. Sorry I wasn’t here when you woke up.” She holds up a canvas shopping bag and a pair of shoes that definitely do not contain Lily’s CHITs.

“It’s fine.” Lily replies, doing her best to hide her dismay at being without her pills as Kat helps her back into the bed. “Thanks for coming.”

“No problem. I’m just glad you’re up and about again. You scared me...Did they say whether or not you can go home tonight?” Alex wonders.

“No, they want to keep me overnight. I should be able to go home tomorrow though.” Lily says, and leans back into the pillows. “Thanks. For bringing me in, I mean.”

“I wasn’t gonna just leave you there on the floor. I knew you were sick, just not this sick. And, the cut on your head needed stitches anyway.” Alex answers, reaching over to rub Lily’s shoulder. “Do you want something to eat?”

Lily’s stomach does a flip at the mention of food. “Um, no thanks. I’m not very hungry right now.”

“Alright. Well, let me know if you change your mind. I’m gonna go down to the cafeteria and see what they’ve got.” Alex says.

“Okay. I’m gonna try to get some sleep.” Lily answers, and yawns.

She’s asleep before Alex is even out of the room.

~CSR~

Lily is shaken back to wakefulness.

“What’s happening?” She wonders, still barely conscious.

“Lily, some guy in a suit is here to see you.” Alex’s voice sounds frantic. “He wouldn’t tell me what’s going on, just that he needed to talk to you...I didn’t want you to be woken up by a guy with a fancy badge.”

“Oh?” Lily answered, her stomach tying itself in an anxious knot. “Okay. Thanks for telling me, I guess. I wonder what he wants...”

“I don’t know, Lil. I’ll be waiting right outside when you’re done, okay? Hopefully it’s nothing serious.”

Alex scurries out of the room, and a bearded, bespectacled man in a very expensive suit walks in and sits down in her bedside chair. He flashes a golden, official-looking badge as he speaks.

“Miss Bronsen, my name is Agent Nick Beacham, I’m with the CLASS Enforcement Division.”

“Can I help you?” Lily wonders groggily, taking a deep breath in the hopes of keeping her heart rate low so that the machine doesn’t give her away.

“I’m here because a certain substance showed up in your bloodwork. It is a Delta-Class substance, which means that it should only be present in a research lab, or in the blood of about one in two million people. And, since your medical records indicate that you don’t have Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva, you’re in a world of trouble.”

Lily’s mouth goes dry, and the heart rate monitor is beeping so rapidly that the pause in between beats barely even registers. “What will happen to me? How did you find me?”

“Well, for one, the hospital is required to file federal records for each person in the country that has this disease, so we know exactly who should be receiving Chrysalis Blockers as a medical treatment. Anyone who shows up with these in their system automatically gets checked against the database. Then, if there’s no match, it automatically flags the individual and triggers a deep background check to make sure that the person isn’t trying to avoid a certain Classification by taking them. If we find something that we don’t like, then we show up in person to discuss the next steps.”

Lily swallows audibly, waiting for Nick to continue.

“What happens next is entirely up to you. If you tell me who sold these to you, You’ll spend three months in a Behavioral Correction Facility, and then you’ll be sent to an Assignment center to be paired with a Caregiver. If you decide to protect your supplier, you’ll be tried as a Neutral, and will be spending a minimum of 10 years in a Detention Facility. Your choice.” Nick says.

“What about a trial? Don’t I at least have the opportunity to be represented legally by an attorney?” Lily wonders, not that she’ll be able to afford anyone good enough to get her off the hook.

“No. You’re a Little. That’s why Littles go to Behavioral Correction Facilities instead of prison. The legal system understands the difficulties Littles have sometimes in anticipating consequences of certain choices, or understanding why certain things are not allowed, so it won’t subject you to a punishment with lifelong repercussions. And, since you don’t have a Caregiver or Guardian, there’s no one to hold responsible besides you.” Nick explains.

“But that’s not fair!” Lily cries, struggling to keep her breathing under control. She’s barely had one day of pseudo-freedom, and it’s all about to be taken away from her.

“I agree.” Nick says, surprising Lily. “Given that you’re also an accessory to digital espionage and penetration of a secure network with the intent to manipulate Classification results, if you’re tried as a Neutral, you’re looking at at least twenty-five years behind bars. I think that’s what you deserve, since you wanted to play at being a Neutral anyway.”

Lily’s mouth falls open, and she bursts into tears. How could she has been so foolish? If only she’d listened to Alex…

“Fortunately for you, I don’t make that call. That’s up to you. So, what’s it gonna be?”

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Brutal_Ink changed the title to Classified: Stellar Remnants (Chapter 3 on 6/7/2021)

Bongo & Riceman were easy for her to find and appeared to be expert in scrambling CLASS classifications.

They must have a reaction plan for cases like this one, otherwise they would already be in prison.

On 6/6/2021 at 3:31 AM, Brutal_Ink said:

Lily sighs. If Alex is going to respond like that, then she’s not going to waste her breath on an apology. But, an olive branch of civility is better than nothing...“I just...goodnight.” she says finally. 

“Yeah.” Alex says in a tense voice. “Night.”

And then, Lily is alone.

Honestly Lily is acting like an ass and handling this poorly... But the other's have no right to step in and interfere like they do..... I can understand the laundry situation and I feel like having a house rule about not running the washer at 2 a.m. or some shit is reasonable but other than that.... Honestly if I were Lily I would get a new apartment.

10 hours ago, Brutal_Ink said:

“What about a trial? Don’t I at least have the opportunity to be represented legally by an attorney?” Lily wonders, not that she’ll be able to afford anyone good enough to get her off the hook.

I wonder why the State restricts the use of chrysalis blockers? It seems like a good option for people who just want to live their lives? I smell a rat.... *angry ancom noises*

59 minutes ago, YourFNF said:

I wonder why the State restricts the use of chrysalis blockers? It seems like a good option for people who just want to live their lives? I smell a rat.... *angry ancom noises*

Maybe, since this is a fictional world, those blockers do have too many potential side effects?

Or maybe there’s some Big Multinational Cartel that considers Littles as a damn good way to sell stuff and is afraid to risk the business.

18 minutes ago, Bonsai said:

Maybe, since this is a fictional world, those blockers do have too many potential side effects?

Or maybe there’s some Big Multinational Cartel that considers Littles as a damn good way to sell stuff and is afraid to risk the business.

I'm thinking the latter although could be a bit of the former.....

Honestly though if it is the former that shouldn't be The State's descision......

||||

I would be so torn in Lily's positon. This world honestly isn't that much more authoritarian then our own and there is definitely a part of me that would be glad to not have to fight to just exist and would probably take the Behavioral center option...

There is also a part of me that would be like fuck you, I'll stand trial. I have done nothing wrong and I want it on the record that I am a person and will not be silenced even if you destroy my life....

I think what I would utlimately in her position do is take the behavioral center option and just ride out the 3 months and then when I get out sue the government for access to C.H.I.T.S making a media circus out of it I have to....

Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva is a real disease, and the reason Chrysalis Blockers are a treatment for it is because preventing this change in someone who suffers from that would give them a better quality of life.

Plus,

On 6/5/2021 at 8:24 PM, Brutal_Ink said:

Bongo say seriously, his dark eyes intense. “They’ll help with the incontinence part of things temporarily. Keeping your cool, and making smart decisions is on you.

Lily still has to contend with having a hard time thinking things through before making decisions; that's why she's in this predicament to begin with. Add to that her poor control of her temper, and taking Chrysalis Blockers would just land her in more trouble. CBs are equivalent to a Schedule II Controlled Substance in our world. It's not something you can just have, and even if you have a prescription for them, you can't even get a refill like you do with other medications. Their usage is very heavily monitored.

44 minutes ago, Bonsai said:

Also very good theories!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, YourFNF said:

There is also a part of me that would be like fuck you, I'll stand trial. I have done nothing wrong and I want it on the record that I am a person and will not be silenced even if you destroy my life....

The problem is, though I doubt Lily realises this, the government is unlikely to allow her hacked status as a neutral to stand, so if tried and sentenced as a neutral, she is likely to be released straight in to a behavioural correction centre and hence an assignment centre anyway.

With regards the C.H.I.T.S they likely act in a similar fashion to hormone therapy in prepubesent children, suppressing the hormones that instigate the changes. Given they where designed for a condition and not for delaying chrysalis, it's is highly possible that they won't cross the blood brain barrier and thus not inhibit the behavioural changes anyway. Chrysalis appears to have some form of affect on the frontal cortex and limbic system, leading to problems with executive functioning and emotional control. It is highly justifiable for the government to consider littles to have diminished capacity in this case, just as we would with someone with frontal dementia for example.

Also, consider the publics opinion of using HTs on children in our own world. There is likely to be a large cultural zeitgeist which opposes the idea of preventing chrysalis in this universe, just as we would generally oppose the suppression of puberty in this world without good cause (and even with good cause in some cases).

I love the way this universe is constructed around a plausible and internally consistent premise.

Though I miss Emmy. As I said over at storyforum:)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You've pretty much hit the nail on the head here @Disk Thanks for your insight! I'm glad that the world building is turning out acceptably, and I'm glad that you're enjoying the story so far!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Disk said:

The problem is, though I doubt Lily realises this, the government is unlikely to allow her hacked status as a neutral to stand, so if tried and sentenced as a neutral, she is likely to be released straight in to a behavioural correction centre and hence an assignment centre anyway.

With regards the C.H.I.T.S they likely act in a similar fashion to hormone therapy in prepubesent children, suppressing the hormones that instigate the changes. Given they where designed for a condition and not for delaying chrysalis, it's is highly possible that they won't cross the blood brain barrier and thus not inhibit the behavioural changes anyway. Chrysalis appears to have some form of affect on the frontal cortex and limbic system, leading to problems with executive functioning and emotional control. It is highly justifiable for the government to consider littles to have diminished capacity in this case, just as we would with someone with frontal dementia for example.

Also, consider the publics opinion of using HTs on children in our own world. There is likely to be a large cultural zeitgeist which opposes the idea of preventing chrysalis in this universe, just as we would generally oppose the suppression of puberty in this world without good cause (and even with good cause in some cases).

I love the way this universe is constructed around a plausible and internally consistent premise.

Though I miss Emmy. As I said over at storyforum:)

That's is actually a good point. I just feel like there should be some option for those who don't want to go through with it.....

Chapter 4: Confinement

The inside of the bus smells like a nursery.

The scent of baby powder is overpowering, followed closely by plastic, then rubber, with an underlying hint that someone has soiled themselves in the bus recently.

Lily wrinkles her nose. She’s the only person on this particular bus, and she’s strapped into a car-seat like restraint. It’s not particularly uncomfortable, but the five-point harness buckle can only be released with a key, so she isn’t going anywhere.

The CLASS Enforcement agents also provided her with clothing before loading her onto the bus. She's now dressed in a far-too-colorful pull-up with some stupid animal designs on it, some unflattering gray sweatpants, and a hideous yellow t-shirt that's about two sizes too big.

The long bus ride out to the middle of nowhere has given her plenty of time to think. Bongo and Riceman had been working with CLASS since before Lily'd ever contacted them, specifically to report those who try to avoid or alter their Classification. So, her goose had been cooked from the moment she'd gone to them for help, not that that knowledge is of any use to her now.

And, even if she hadn’t bumbled her way into a giant sting operation, Agent Beacham had been bluffing anyway--her ill-gotten status as a Neutral would have been nullified in any court proceedings, so even if she hadn’t given up Bongo and Riceman, she’d be in the exact same position.

Lily's bladder twinges, pulling her out of her thoughts and she sighs. It isn’t urgent yet, but if road trips with Alex and Darren have taught her anything, it’s probably best to say something before it becomes an emergency.

"I gotta pee." She says. She's sitting a few rows behind the bus driver so she knows he can hear her.

"We'll be there soon. You can use your diaper if you can't hold it." The driver replies.

"It's not a diaper!" Lily snaps, indignant and angry at the driver’s mislabeling of her underclothes. She’s aware that really, it doesn’t matter, since both pull-ups and diapers essentially serve the same function. But, that doesn’t stop her runaway temper from getting the better of her. Being sent to a Behavior Correction Facility is humiliating enough as it is…

“It’s a pull-up!” Lily finishes, her face awash with angry tears.

The driver, a matronly older woman with graying hair, laughs. “I’m sorry dear, my mistake. I didn’t realize you were such a big girl.” The patronization in her voice is palpable, and it only serves to make Lily angrier. “I’ll remind you to mind your attitude, little one. I’m authorized to spank you if you don’t behave, but I hope I don’t need to do that. You seem like such a sweet little girl.”

“I’m not a little girl!” Lily’s anger reaches critical mass and she explodes. “I am a goddamned adult. I will serve my sentence, but I’m not going to be treated like some kind of fucking child while I’m here. This whole Classification system is fucking bullshit anyway. I don’t need this stupid pull-up, I don’t need to be in a fucking carseat, and I don’t need to go to some kind of kinder-jail for a bunch of pants-shitting freaks!” Lily slams her fists into the armrests of her seat in frustration.

“Are you done?” Asks the driver, easing the bus over onto the shoulder and turning the hazards on. Her voice is calm, but it carries a dangerous edge. “I know you’re upset, Lilian,” she begins.

“Don’t you fucking call me that! My. Fucking. Name. Is. Lily!”

“That’s enough!” The driver snaps, putting the bus in ‘park’ and setting the parking brake. “I will not tolerate such disrespect, or such foul language from you young lady. I understand that you are upset about the situation you’re in, and anyone would be. You might even be scared, and that’s okay too. But, you will speak respectfully while you are at this facility, is that clear?”

“Fuck you!” Lily spits. Somewhere, at the distant edges of her awareness, she realizes that she’s only making things worse for herself, but that does nothing to stop her from continuing to antagonize the bus driver. She’s so angry she can taste it, and her whole body trembles with the intensity of her rage.

“I will not warn you again. Any further foul language or disrespect, and you’re going over my knee. I understand that you are unhappy, but you are in this situation because of your own actions. No one forced you to do the things that landed you on this bus, and hopefully some time at the BCF will help you to make better choices in the future. Now, I think you owe me an apology for speaking to me so disrespectfully. Once you do that, we can forget this ever happened, and focus on learning how to be better in the future.”

“Oh, go fuck yourself.” Lily growls, folding her arms. She can’t help the triumphant smirk that follows her reply.

“Alright. We’ll do this the hard way then.” The bus driver says calmly, and turns off the engine. Moving with purpose, she unlocks Lily’s restraints, and skillfully maneuvers the smaller woman over her knee as she sits down in an empty seat. “Last chance, Lily.” She warns as she takes Lily’s sweats and pull-up down in one efficient motion.

Lily remains defiant to the end. No amount of spanking will make her willingly submit to being treated like a child. “Eat a dick, you hag.” she snarls.

The first swat comes without any further warning, and it stings more than Lily had imagined it would. The blows come fast and furious after that, the woman’s hand is clearly practiced at this kind of discipline.

Lily’s teeth sink into her lip as she fights back tears and an overwhelming urge to cry out. A coppery tang trickles over her tongue.

Despite her best efforts, when the older woman intensifies her punishment, the crying becomes involuntary. Her legs kick wildly as she sobs, tears dripping onto the floor beneath her. 

It’s too much. Her stubborn defiance is extinguished, and all she wants is for this terrible ordeal to be over.

“Okay! Okay! I’m sorry!” Lily wails. “Please stop!”

And the woman does, lifting Lily back to a standing position and tugging her pants and pull-up back into place. “What are you sorry for?” She asks.

Lily can’t bear to look at her. She sniffles, her vision a smear of unfocused blobs, and looks at the ground. “I’m sorry for being disrespectful. And swearing.”  

“Thank you dear. Are you ready to behave now?”

“Yes ma’am.” Lily mumbles, contrite, exhausted, and embarrassed beyond belief.

“Good.” The driver says, and buckles Lily back into her seat before starting the engine and continuing on the journey.

Lily just stares out the window at the passing landscape, tears rolling down her cheeks.

~CSR~

The Behavioral Correction Facility is not as terrifying as Lily had imagined it to be. It’s essentially a giant daycare center. She has her own little cubicle to sleep in, and it has a toilet, a sink, and a small desk. The bed has rails along the side to keep her from falling out, and there’s a nightlight built into the wall by the door.

She’s been given a fancy touchscreen watch to wear that monitors her heart rate, breathing, and blood pressure as well as telling the time. It’s connected to the wireless network in the facility, so the staff will always be able to locate and monitor her. It’s fastened snugly to her wrist with a band that can only be removed with a special tool by the staff. It’s not uncomfortably tight or anything, but it’s definitely not coming off without help.  It also keeps track of her schedule while she’s here. There are classes and seminars she needs to attend if she wants to be able to leave at the end of the three month term, as well as twice-a-week therapy sessions.

All in all, it’s a lot less like jail than she’d anticipated, though admittedly she doesn’t have any experience with that either…

Lily sighs and looks out the window, she’s currently waiting to see the therapist for her introductory visit. Since her bottom is still tender from her spanking--her cheeks heat up just thinking about it--she’s elected to stand by the floor-to-ceiling window that overlooks the play area outside.

There’s a tall fence that encircles the entire facility, and according to the staff, it’s electrified. It doesn’t pack enough punch to seriously injure anyone, but if she were strong enough, she wouldn’t be climbing over it. There’s also a playground outside, and a field for playing sports, as well as a small nature track that encircles the inside of the fence.

Lily takes a breath and sits down in the chair--the waiting area is empty except for her, and she doesn’t really know how long she’ll be waiting here. She sucks in a breath through her teeth when her butt makes contact with the cushion.

Damn, that stings!

Lily’s bladder throbs again, and she’s reminded that she still hasn’t used the bathroom. Partly out of distraction, since she’s been trying to learn the rules, and partly because she’s been too embarrassed to ask in front of other people, since she’d have had to interrupt the staff to do so. She still isn’t to the emergency crisis point, but she resolves to ask the next staff member to show her to the restroom.

“Lily?” The door to the therapist’s office swings open, and a young woman with dark hair and striking green eyes stands in the doorway, looking expectantly at Lily.

“Here,” Lily replies. She’s unwilling to put her bottom through any more abuse today if she can avoid it.

“My name is Miss Bright. I’m the therapist here at Melonwood.” She pauses to consult her clipboard. “You’re here for your introductory session?” the woman says.

Lily nods. “Yes ma’am.”

Miss Bright smiles. “Such good manners! Come on in, and we can get started.”

Lily is irritated to discover that part of her is actually happy about being praised, and she grits her teeth. “Um, Miss Bright, do you think I could use the restroom before we start?”

“Oh, of course. I have one in my office. Just come with me and we’ll get you to the potty lickety-split.” Miss Bright holds out a hand expectantly. She’s taller than Lily, but then again, so are a lot of people.

Pick your battles. Lily reminds herself, and reaches out to take Miss Bright’s hand. 

She’s led inside Miss Bright’s tastefully furnished office, to a small en-suite bathroom.

“Can you go all by yourself, or do you need some help? I know it can be tricky sometimes.” Miss Bright says gently.

“I can do it myself.” Lily says, rolling her eyes.

“Okay. Let me know when you’re done, okay? I’ll come in and help you get cleaned up before we wash our hands, okay?”

Lily blinks. “I can do that myself too, ma’am.” What the fuck?

“I’m sure you can, honey, but it’s part of my job to make sure all the L-3s actually make it to the potty. Not every L-3 is ready to start using the potty and sometimes, little ones get embarrassed when they have an accident, and try to hide it. I have to check to make sure everyone is clean and dry so we don’t get any rashes.”

Lily huffs. “Fine.” She tries to slam the door behind her, but it’s self-closing, and it shuts with an infuriatingly quiet click.

She does her business, flushes, and washes her hands  on autopilot before the door opens.

“Lily?” Miss Bright says. “Do you remember what I said you were supposed to do?”

Lily blinks. “I don’t need help to use the toilet.” She grits out, surprised that Miss Bright was being serious.

“I didn’t ask if you needed help. I told you to do something. Do you remember what it was?” the therapist presses, in a tone that clearly means she expects an answer.

“I was supposed to tell you when I was done…” Lily replies, remembering out loud.

“That’s right. Now, did you forget? Or were you ignoring me?” Miss Bright’s voice is gentle, but firm.

“I forgot.” Lily says honestly.

“That’s okay. Just hold still for a second, okay?” Miss Bright says.

Before Lily can react, Miss Bright is pulling her pants down to her ankles and slipping a finger inside the leg band of her pull-up. Seemingly satisfied, she turns Lily around by the shoulders, and tugs on the back waistband.

“Hey!” Lily shouts, once she finds her voice again. 

“All clean and dry!” Miss Bright says cheerfully. “Good job! And I see someone was a little naughty earlier.”

Lily frowns. “Fuck off.” she snaps, and gets a swat on the backside for her trouble. She winces. Her pull-up absorbs most of the impact, but it hurts a little nonetheless.

“Lily! That kind of language is unacceptable. It is rude outside of this place, but it is against the rules here, and I will not tolerate it in my office. Do I make myself clear?”

Lily grits her teeth. “Yes, Miss Bright. I’m sorry.”

“Thank you little one. Apology accepted. Now, let’s go and have a little chat about why you’re here, and what we can do to avoid seeing you back here in the future.”

Lily follows Miss Bright to the couch that’s littered with blankets and stuffies, across from a much more plain, undecorated one.

“Feel free to cuddle one of the stuffies or blankets if you like,” Miss Bright says, sitting down on the undecorated couch.

Lily sits down on the opposite couch, noticing that because of the way it’s designed, her feet don’t reach the ground. “No thanks.” She says, folding her hands in her lap.

“Well, I’ve read your file, Lily. Why did you decide to take Chrysalis Blockers instead of reaching out for assistance from one of the many programs available for Littles?”

“Because I don’t want to be a Little! I just want to live a normal life! I don’t want to be supervised all the time, I want to have my freedom and do what I want to do, when I want to do it.” Lily responds.

“The fact that you are here tells me that you do need to be supervised, Lily. You may not like it, but you being a Little is not an optional thing. It’s going to happen whether you like it or not. The Chrysalis Blockers might help with you having accidents, but everything else will still happen. Your file says you had a bit of an outburst on the way here. Does that kind of thing happen often?”

“No.” Lily lies. 

“It’s alright if it does. A lot of Little ones have some trouble keeping their temper.”

“I don’t have trouble with my temper!” Lily snaps, louder than she means to, and then hangs her head.

Miss Bright doesn’t say anything in response.

Lily has already made her point for her.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Brutal_Ink changed the title to Classified: Stellar Remnants (Chapter 4 on 6/8/2021)

Thanks for all the feedback so far everyone!

#####

Chapter 5: Induction

Lily steps through the door to the L-3/L-4 Playroom just as her watch chimes.

“Mind the Room Monitors, Miss Bronsen.” Mr. Lake tells her. He’s the one who’d collected her from her therapy session and escorted her here. He is a large, round man, but almost excessively gentle in the way he’s handled her thus far.

They’d passed three other Playrooms on the way here, L-1, L-2, and L-2/L-3. Further down the hall, there’s a sign hanging from the ceiling that reads L-4.

“I will Mr. Lake.” Lily responds, too drained from her therapy session for any kind of resistance.

“If this playroom turns out to be a little too…” Mr. Lake pauses, searching for the word and adjusting his glasses. “Exciting for you, just talk to one of the Room Monitors and they’ll take you next door. Things are a little bit calmer over there. The L-2/L-3 room is also where you’ll go for diaper changes if that’s something you need. The Room Monitors here are pretty diligent about bathroom breaks and making sure everyone is clean and dry, but if you have an accident, just tell one of them, and they’ll see to it that you get cleaned up.” he explains.

“Okay.” Lily responds.

“Do you have any questions before we go inside?” Mr. Lake wonders.

Lily shakes her head. “No, I’m okay.” She says, and steps through the door when Mr. Lake holds it open for her. It closes behind her with a disturbingly final clunk, and she swallows hard. 

There are only about a dozen other people in the room besides Lily, not counting the Room Monitors. She notices that none of the Littles are wearing shoes and immediately feels out of place as she looks down at her feet. Immediately to her right is a set of cubbies, containing the shoes of the room’s occupants. Lily places her own shoes in an empty cubby and continues to look around.

The room is large and open, with a door that leads outside to the playground she’d seen from upstairs. Another against the opposite wall, made of solid, heavy-looking wood, with a sign on it that says: L-2/L-3 Changing Room. Next to that is another door that opens into a bathroom, with a sign dangling from the door handle that says “Go”. Toward the front of the room there are various arts & crafts stations, along with building blocks and a chest of other toys. There are clear plastic bins next to the art supplies labeled: Painting Shirts. There’s a large sink next to the bathroom, presumably for cleaning up the art supplies after they are used.

In the center of the room at the front is a large desk, and a tall, muscular woman is typing away at something on the computer there. On the wall behind the desk is a very large television playing cartoons on low volume, but no one in the room seems to be paying it much attention. On the right side of the room are several bookshelves and stuffed animals on a large rug, and a sign above the area says: Quiet Please.

And finally, directly to Lily’s right is a barren corner with a single desk in it. On the desk is a timer and a small sign that says: Time-Out, but no one is sitting there now.

The Room Monitors are easy to spot because of their bright blue shirts, but Lily is hesitant to approach any of them at the moment, too busy looking around to introduce herself just yet. She fidgets anxiously, nibbling on her thumb. No one seems to have noticed her yet, but it’s only a matter of time until-

“Well, hello there!” Says a pleasant voice, and Lily nearly jumps out of her skin.

“Hi,” She squeaks out in response.

“I’m Maisie, I’m one of the room monitors for this playroom. What’s your name sweetheart?” The woman explains. She has bright blue eyes and her hair is also blue, and she’s got a colorful dragon tattoo that covers her entire right arm.

“Lily,” Lily responds, mentally kicking the part of herself that’s reacting positively to Maisie’s cloying tone of voice. Still, aside from that, Maisie seems pretty cool. 

“It’s very nice to meet you, Lily. We only have a few rules here in the playroom: Be honest, mind the monitors, be kind and respectful to others, and don’t go outside without a monitor. Think you can remember all those?”

Lily nods. “Yes, Miss Maisie.”

Maisie pulls a face. “You don’t have to call me ‘miss’. It makes me feel old. Just call me Maisie, or Mimi, if you want, I know my name can be tough for little ones to say.”

Lily shrugs. “Okay.”

“Do you need to go potty before we start?” Maisie wonders.

Lily shrugs again. She could probably go if she tried, but she doesn’t feel compelled to visit the restroom at the moment.

“Let’s try really quick, okay?” Without waiting for an answer, Maisie scoops Lily up and settles her on her hip. It’s a surprising display of strength, since Maisie and Lily are about the same size.  

“I can walk, Mimi.” Lily says politely. “You don’t have to carry me.”

“I know, but this is faster. We don’t want any accidents, do we?” Maisie points out.

“No…” Lily agrees, her shoulders slumping forward.

“After that we need to get you into the system so that all your appointments check off when you go to them, it helps us to keep track of your progress. Then you can have playtime until lunch is served, and then after that there’s an hour of quiet time.” Maisie explains as she sets Lily down in front of the bathroom. “Okay sweetie, go ahead and go potty for me, okay? Just flip the little sign on the door handle so it says “stop”,  that way no one walks in on you. I’ll wait right here for you.”

Lily ambles into the bathroom. She doesn’t really feel like she needs to go, so she counts to one-hundred, flushes the toilet, and rinses her hands at the sink. Then she heads back out to meet Maisie.

“You know you’re actually supposed to at least try to go potty while you’re in there, right?” Maisie tells her, sounding decidedly unimpressed. 

“I did-” Lily begins, but Maisie interrupts.

“It’s very naughty to lie, Lily.” Maisie says. “Think very carefully about what you want to say before you lie again, little one. This is your only warning, and if you lie to me again, you’ll go in time-out and not get your lunch-dessert.” She warns.

“I did try!” Lily insists, and her foot stomps all by itself.

Maisie sighs. “Alright. Time-out it is then.” She scoops Lily up again, and carries her over to the time-out chair. “I’ll be back to get you in five minutes. Just so you know, if you have more than one accident in a day, it’s back to diapers for the next two days after that. If that isn’t something you want, then you need to actually go to the potty when you have the chance to.” Maisie reaches around Lily to take a pen and a sheet of notebook paper out of the desk.

Lily just folds her arms and says nothing. This is so fucking stupid…

“I want you to write, ‘I will not lie’ on this piece of paper. Write as neatly as you can, and I expect at least twenty five lines by the time I get back.” Maisie explains. Then, she turns around, and leaves Lily at the desk before heading into the bathroom herself.

There’s a little red light that’s set into the doorknob to the bathroom, and it comes on almost immediately after Maisie goes inside.

Lily groans. Of course they’d have a way to monitor that too. She picks up the pen and begins to write, frowning when her bladder twinges with an urgency she hadn’t felt just two minutes earlier. She swallows hard.

It’s gonna be a long five minutes…

Time drags on slowly, and just as Lily is sure that she’s about to have an accident, Maisie returns.

Lily just squirms miserably, sweat beading on her forehead. “Um, Mimi?”

Maisie take one look at her and chuckles. “Go ahead, Lily. Wouldn’t want you to have an accident now would we? Just make sure to wash your hands and meet me back here when you’re done.”

Lily is off like a shot at that, racing for the bathroom and slamming the door behind her. She barely manages to get her pants and pull-up down and sit on the toilet in time, but she makes it.

That was too fucking close. She thinks after she’s cleaned herself up and is washing her hands in the sink. She returns to Maisie, relieved and contrite.

“I’m sorry I lied to you.” Lily says without prompting. “I won’t do it again.”

“Thank you for apologizing sweetie.” Maisie says, giving Lily a quick hug. “I think we’ve learned a very important lesson today, haven’t we?”

Lily nods, her cheeks burning with shame at how close she’d come to having a genuine accident after insisting that she didn’t need to go to the bathroom.

“And what did we learn?” Maisie prompts.

“Not to lie. And to go to the bathroom when I have the chance.” Lily says, blushing a bit harder at that last admission.

“Good girl.” Maisie praises, and Lily pretends not to feel good about it. “You can go play for a bit now. We’ll let everybody know when it’s lunchtime.”

“Okay,” Lily says and wanders away to play with the building blocks, doing things with her hands has always helped to distract her. She sighs when she realizes how much she could use a cigarette, but she knows that’s impossible here.

“Hey.” There’s already another boy here, building a large tower out of the blocks. He’s wearing a green shirt, not a yellow one like Lily. “I’m making a tower. You can help, if you want.”

“Okay.” Lily says hesitantly. “I’m Lily.”

“My name’s Aden.” The boy says with a grin, his longish blonde hair flopping into his face. “You must be new here.”

“What makes you think that?” Lily wonders, settling down next to Aden and searching for suitable blocks to use in their building.

“You fight them too much.” Aden observes thoughtfully. “There’s no point in lying or arguing with them. You’ll just get in trouble, and you might even end up with a longer stay.”

Lily is embarrassed to learn that there were witnesses to her time-out, but she says: “I can handle myself. I’m not gonna turn into a...a drooling poop factory.”

Aden laughs and puts up his hands in the universal gesture for peace. “Alright, alright. I’m just trying to look out for you. If you’re an L-3, you probably don’t need to worry about that. But, you are a Little, and it won’t do you any good to fight it.” He sorts through the blocks, waiting.

“But I don’t want to be a Little. I’m not going to let them take my life from me like this!” Lily protests.

Aden sighs. “They aren’t going to do anything. Chrysalis is going to happen whether you like it or not. I didn’t want to be a Little either, but here I am. All you’ll end up doing by fighting it is hurt yourself.”

“No, I won’t. I’ll be fine.” Lily counters, folding her arms.

“That’s what Carter said too.” Aden says, and points to a boy in a yellow shirt that’s sitting in the ‘Quiet Please’ area. 

The boy is curled up in a ball, hugging his knees to his chest. His dark eyes dart around the room, but he doesn’t seem to actually be looking at anything. His chest rises and falls rapidly, and he looks to be talking, but Lily can’t hear what he’s saying from this far away. 

Lily moves to go to him, but Aden stops her, placing a hand on her arm. 

“Don’t.” He says. “You’ll just upset him. He doesn’t do so well with people anymore.”

“What happened to him?” Lily wonders, at once fascinated and horrified.

“He decided that he wasn’t going to be a Little, too. Fought it tooth and nail evey step of the way. Eventually, his brain just couldn’t handle the stress and it broke him. He used to be a really nice guy before his brain turned to mush. It’s kinda sad.” Aden says quietly.

“That won’t happen to me.” Lily says confidently. 

Aden just stares at her and shakes his head. “I hope you know what you’re doing.” he says.

• Like 8
33 minutes ago, Brutal_Ink said:

He decided that he wasn’t going to be a Little, too. Fought it tooth and nail evey step of the way. Eventually, his brain just couldn’t handle the stress and it broke him. He used to be a really nice guy before his brain turned to mush. It’s kinda sad.” Aden says quietly.

This would probably be me TBH...... ??

So I'm torn over the character of Carter, I wonder why if he's developed what looks to be stress induced psychosis why he hasn't been transferred to a dedicated treatment facility. It's seems antithetical to the general view of littles we've seen so far to keep him in a environment that's is detrimental to his health.

Part II: Neutron Stars

Chapter 6: Introspection

“How have you been, Lily?” Miss Bright asks.

Lily sighs, twisting the hem of her shirt in her hands. “I’m okay.” She says quietly. Her hands have developed a mild tremor recently. It doesn’t bother her if she’s doing something, she just can’t seem to keep them still, and playing with the hem of her shirt keeps it from being obvious.

“That’s good.” Miss Bright consults her notes. “Your behavior has improved since you’ve arrived. You’ve only been sent to time-out at playtime three times this week so far, and last week you were sent to time-out every day. I’m pleased to see that you’re working on your behavior.”

“Thanks,” Lily replies, stifling a yawn. She’s only in her second week now, but this place is starting to wear her down. She’s learned that not every battle is worth fighting, not every slight deserves a big outburst in response. But, she’s still fighting. She’s maintained her adult vocabulary, with the exception of swearing--that’s only gotten her into trouble. And, she’s had only one accident so far, and she’s avoided being put back in diapers, which she considers to be her biggest victory.

“Maisie says you haven’t been eating much at mealtimes, but you haven’t gone to see the nurse either. Have you been feeling okay?”

Lily nods. “I just haven’t been very hungry lately.” She wonders if she’s said too much, since Miss Bright writes for a while before speaking again.

“I see. She also says that you’ve preferred reading or painting to playing games with others during playtime. Is everyone being nice to you?” Miss Bright continues.

Lily nods. “I just...I’ve been having some trouble sleeping and haven’t felt like doing much of anything. That’s all. Can we be done now?” She can feel herself getting more irritated by all the questioning, even though she knows that Miss Bright is just doing her job. She hasn’t slept well for the past several nights, and it’s beginning to catch up with her. None of the Room Monitors at playtime let her sleep after naptime ends, insisting that she go and play, or she won’t be tired at bedtime. She can feel an outburst coming on, but she’s been doing her best to keep her temper under control so far.

“I’m going to write you a recommendation that the doctor give you some sleeping pills. Maybe having better sleep at night might help you to feel more like yourself. I’m very proud of your progress, so far Lily. Keep up the good work!” Miss Bright smiles at her gently.

“Thank you. I’ll do my best.” Lily says.

“Why don’t you try going potty while I do this, you seem to be getting a little squirmy over there…”

Lily opens her mouth to reply that she knows whether she needs to go to the toilet, she isn’t a baby, when she realizes that she is squirming and she does need to go. Her bladder spasms, and she’s suddenly desperate for the bathroom, so she hurries to the restroom, barely making it in time. Her pull-up is a little bit damp, but the designs haven’t faded that much, so she figures she’s probably safe.

Miss Bright is waiting for her when she comes back out. “Did you make it okay?”

“Yes ma’am.” Lily nods.

“Let’s just check to make sure, alright?” Miss Bright says and reaches for the waistband of Lily’s sweatpants. Just like last time, she pulls Lily’s pants down to her ankles and slips a finger into the leg cuff. “You’re a little wet, Lily.” she says.

No, no, no, no, no! Lily barely hears Miss Bright, her breathing fast and erratic, her head buzzing with unfocused and disjointed thoughts. Her face is awash with tears.

“Lily!” Miss Bright’s voice finally filters through all the white noise. “Oh, honey, shh. It’s alright, it’s just a little accident. There’s no need to get so upset. It’s okay.”

Lily forces herself to take a deep breath and tries to calm down. It’s only after she can breathe normally that she realizes that Miss Bright is hugging her, and she’s apparently been sucking her thumb. She takes it out of her mouth, irritated with herself.

“It’s alright, Lily. We won’t count this one against you, okay? It’ll be our little secret. But we do need to get you some dry pants though, alright? Come on into the bathroom, and I’ll help you.”

Lily wants to protest that she can do it herself, but she knows from experience that it won’t do any good.

Miss Bright is gentle and efficient as she wipes Lily down with cold wipes, and helps her step into a new pull-up.

“There.” Miss Bright says with a smile, giving Lily’s bottom a gentle pat. “Good as new.”

“Thank you, Miss Bright.” Lily says quietly, her cheeks burning.

“You’re welcome, Lily. Now, I’m going to escort you down to the infirmary. I’d like you to be seen there just to make sure you aren’t sick, and you’ll need to go there to get your prescription filled anyway.” Miss Bright explains. She reaches down and takes Lily’s hand. “Come on, let’s go.”

Lily says nothing. She just yawns and walks with Miss Bright out of the office.

~CSR~

“Will I have to get any shots?” Lily wonders as she waits in the infirmary with Miss Bright. Even though they’ve seated next to each other in the waiting room, the therapist hasn’t let go of Lily’s hand. Privately, she’s grateful for that. She’s always hated going to the doctor…

“You shouldn’t need any. Your medical records state that you’re all up-to-date with those. This is just a normal checkup to make sure you’re healthy. Stress can make you tired and cause you to lose your appetite, but so can getting sick.” Miss Bright explains.

I know that. I’m not actually a child, even if you make me dress like one. Lily thinks. But she says: “Right.”

“How long have you had tremors for, Lily? Your hands weren’t shaking like this when you first got here.” Miss Bright observes gently, lifting Lily onto her lap.

Lily doesn’t bother to fight being picked up. It’s almost...soothing to be held like this, though she discards that thought as soon as it registers. The tremors had begun after she’d had an accident and had just kind of stuck around, but she’s tired of having her brain picked apart today.

“I don’t know.” Lily says.

“That’s alright. We’ll see if we can get you a note for some extra naptime for the next few days and see if that helps. But, I’d like you to do something for me in return.”

“What’s that?” Lily wonders, nibbling on the thumb of her free hand. Knock it off! She tells herself, but she doesn’t stop.

“I’d like you to try to finish at least one meal each day. Don’t eat to the point of making yourself sick, but try to eat a little more. I can tell that you’ve lost some weight since you’ve gotten here, and I’m a little concerned.”

“Okay,” Lily says around her thumb. With a huff, she jerks it out of her mouth and bites her lip instead.

“Hey,” Miss Bright says gently. “What’s all this fussing about? It’s okay to suck your thumb if it makes you feel better. Or, we could get you a pacifier if you’d like.”

“No!” Lily snaps. “I don’t need it. I’m not gonna let you turn me into some kind of giant baby! I’m an adult!” She squirms out of Miss Bright’s lap, fuming.

“Alright, alright, calm down please. There’s no need for a fit. It was just a suggestion.” Miss Bright responds, reaching out to put a hand on Lily’s shoulder.

“Don’t fucking touch me!” Lily growls, jerking away from the touch.

“Lily, you know how I feel about that kind of language. Do we need to have a chat about the rules?” Miss Bright’s voice takes on a hard edge.

[You’re being a brat, you know.]

“No, I’m not being a brat! I’m tired, and I’m sick of being treated like an overgrown toddler! I want to go home!” Lily shouts, eyes brimming with tears.

“I didn’t say you were a brat, Lily.” Miss Bright says. “I was reminding you of the rules. I understand that you don’t like it here, but you have to stay at least until your sentence is served. And continuing to break the rules is only going to end with you having to stay here longer.”

Lily sighs. I must be more tired than I thought. Now I’m hearing things too. “I’m sorry.”

“Thank you for apologizing, Lily. I know you aren’t feeling well, so I’ll let this little outburst go. But, if there are any more, then you’ll be going to time-out, understand?”

“Okay.” Lily replies stiffly. At least no one bothers me in time-out.

The door that leads to the infirmary swings open, and a tall man in a white coat steps out. He has gray hair and a carefully trimmed goatee.

“Lily Bronsen?” He calls out, adjusting his glasses.

“I’m here.” Lily says.

“I have to go, Lily. Maisie will come by to escort you to the playroom when you’re finished here. Be good.” Miss Bright admonishes, and then slips out the door.

“Good. I’m Doctor Wilde, and I’ll be taking a look at you today. If you’ll just come along with me, we’ll get started.”

Lily follows Doctor Wilde back into the main infirmary area. 

“Has anything been bothering you lately, Lily? Headache, sore throat, upset stomach, anything like that?” Doctor Wilde asks as he leads her over to the scale. “Miss Bright says you haven’t had much of an appetite, and you’ve had some trouble sleeping.”

“Yes, that’s right. And my hands have been trembling a bit since I had my accident last week.”

“I see. It sounds to me like you might just be a little stressed out, but we’ll take a look at you and make sure nothing else is going on, alright?”

Lily nods, and steps onto the scale.

Doctor Wilde jots some things down on his clipboard and frowns a little.

“What’s wrong?” Lily wonders hesitantly.

“You’re a little underweight, but it’s nothing to be too concerned about right now.” Doctor Wilde explains. He brings Lily to an individual exam room.

“Okay, I’m going to need you to undress, down to your underwear. Do you need any help, or can you handle it yourself?”

“I can do it.” Lily replies, and does as she’s told. She folds her clothes neatly and puts them on the exam table before climbing onto it. It’s embarrassing to just be in her pull-up and bra, even though she knows that the doctor has probably seen this exact thing hundreds of times.

“Thank you, Lily.” Doctor Wilde says with a soft smile. He continues taking notes as he takes Lily’s blood pressure and listens to her breathing. Next he has her lay on her back on the table and feels around on her stomach, pausing periodically to ask if anything hurts.

“No,” Lily answers each time, though she can’t help but giggle at his prodding.

Doctor Wilde checks her reflexes, and then her pull-up, before telling her she can get dressed again.

Lily hurries to dress herself. “Is there anything wrong with me?” she wonders as she slips her feet into her shoes.

“Not necessarily.” Doctor Wilde answers. “As I said before, you’re a little underweight, and your blood pressure is pretty high. Both of those things can be explained by stress though, sometimes it can cause both of those things.”

“I don’t like coming to the doctor.” Lily explains.

“That’s understandable.” Doctor Wilde continues. “Still, I’d like you to come back in a week for another check-up to see if there’s any change. If your blood pressure stays high for a prolonged period of time, it can cause some pretty serious health problems down the line. And, I’m a little concerned about your lack of appetite, usually people who are going through Chrysalis need more calories as they adjust to the changes, not less. There are several medications that can help with anxiety and stress, as well as blood pressure but I’d like to see if it will resolve on its own before we try those. I’m going to write you a note for an extra nap each day this week, and we’ll see if that helps. I’d like to try that before signing off on Miss Bright’s recommendation for sleeping pills, since you can become dependent on them. Sound good?”

“Okay.” Lily says. This is the most adult conversation she’s had since she’s arrived here, and she’s grateful for the doctor’s lack of condescension.

“Have you been having any trouble getting to the toilet on time?” He asks. “Your file reports an accident last week, and not all L-3s can be toilet-trained…”

“Only that one time.” Lily says, her cheeks heating up at the admission.

“Alright. Well, it’s not really a big deal if it gets worse over time, the ability to be toilet-trained varies from person to person, and judging by your bloodwork you’re still pretty early in the Chrysalis process. If you do end up needing diapers, just keep me informed. There are some other things I’d like to monitor if things get to that point.”

“Alright.” Lily concedes.

“Well, Lily, I think that about wraps things up for me. If you do feel sick, feel free to come by and get checked out. It might not be me that sees you, but none of the infirmary staff will bite you, I promise. Would you like a sticker?”

Despite herself, Lily smiles. “Sure, thank you.” She gets a sticker that says “I’m a super patient”.

Maisie is waiting for her in the waiting room when she gets there. She greets Lily with a big smile and a hug, scooping Lily up and settling her on her hip.

“Hey there, ‘super patient’! Are you ready to go have some fun today?” she says cheerfully.

“Can we go outside today?” Lily asks, wondering if maybe a change of scenery will help to get her out of whatever funk she’s in.

“I think that can be arranged.” Maisie says, and smiles.

• Like 13
  • Brutal_Ink changed the title to Classified: Stellar Remnants (Completed 1/29/2023)