LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Came out to family, friends, and the public

So I am genderqueer and recently came out as transgender publicly. I spent a week informing family and a few friends, then went public on Facebook, even posted some pics of me made up to go with it. The responses have been nothing but warm and touching. Everyone can't believe how happy I look in my pics. I haven't been a happy person in a long time and they know it.

My cousin wants to take me to a local trans bar where she lives. My mom and I had a long conversation. She had a lot of questions. She accepts me, however she is dealing with the grief of the loss of her son as she gains a new daughter. As we were talking though, the subject of my name came up. I chose "Erica" fifteen or twenty years ago because my middle name is Eric, so it has no special meaning to me. My mom thought that I should take a name that is close to my male name. I was named after her father and we both felt the female version of my male name would honor that still. So my mom named me Joanne. I am Joanne Erica Brock. It's really special to me :)

Anyways, my next step over the next year is to start seeing a transgender therapist and find a local transgender support group. Eventually I'd like to live as a woman full time, but I'm taking things slowly and surely.

Joanne

• Like 2

Congratulations Joanne, I like your new name as well as Erica! So glad your mom is acknowledging your true feelings. I know my mom had a very tough time and never fully came to terms with it. Wishing you the best ?

On 5/28/2021 at 8:29 AM, Joanne_B said:

So I am genderqueer and recently came out as transgender publicly. I spent a week informing family and a few friends, then went public on Facebook, even posted some pics of me made up to go with it. The responses have been nothing but warm and touching. Everyone can't believe how happy I look in my pics. I haven't been a happy person in a long time and they know it.

My cousin wants to take me to a local trans bar where she lives. My mom and I had a long conversation. She had a lot of questions. She accepts me, however she is dealing with the grief of the loss of her son as she gains a new daughter. As we were talking though, the subject of my name came up. I chose "Erica" fifteen or twenty years ago because my middle name is Eric, so it has no special meaning to me. My mom thought that I should take a name that is close to my male name. I was named after her father and we both felt the female version of my male name would honor that still. So my mom named me Joanne. I am Joanne Erica Brock. It's really special to me :)

Anyways, my next step over the next year is to start seeing a transgender therapist and find a local transgender support group. Eventually I'd like to live as a woman full time, but I'm taking things slowly and surely.

Joanne

@Joanne_B

Congratulations on coming out, and welcome to DailyDiapers!  Take this transition slow, and I think you will be OK, and that will give you the time you need to make the decision(s) you feel you need to make - Remember, Life is a Journey, and things change as we continue on that journey.  I am sure that there are members here that can also offer you support, so do not be afraid to ask questions and learn from others, because that is the way we better ourselves. :)

Good Luck!

Brian