LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

packing a bag + security checks

So a friend and I are taking a trip to a ____ and they do bag checks on entry. Hes been 24/7 since the pandemic and he really cant not bring a change or he has to double up for all day long.

He hasnt even been somewhere where anyone was prying, hes used to just an emergency change in his backpack and never out for more than 2 or 3 hours at a time before, and this event should be an all day thing.

My suggestion was just put in some M4s or your best all white or all medical themed diaper, but im not sure if he has any.

So any ideas on how to help a self concsious little?

I've had my diaper bag checked a number of times at ballparks, Disney, and with the TSA.   Never an issue.    The only time that I came close was they asked if my bag had powder in it.    Turned out not to be baby powder but my foot powder.   That was legal to fly with but they needed to make sure it wasn't liquid.

I've flown wearing a diaper, and with diapers in my bags, a few times now, and I've never been asked about it. If they ask to inspect a bag, and they open it and find a diaper, unless they think your friend has hidden something in it, they'll completely ignore it. That registers as a 0 out of 10 for them - they're seeing that every day, and they are only concerned with illegalities and threats to safety. Do heed the requirements for liquid sizing, however, or else your friend might have to part ways with a bottle of lotion or whatever. In my experience, their policy on creams ointments is inexact - I've had them ignore them, and I've had them treat creams as though they were liquids. Best to put larger containers in checked bags. 

If you have to go through a body scanner, your diaper will show up as an "area of interest", and the officer will probably offer you to have a private screening if you like, or, they can just proceed with patting the area with the back of their hand to make sure there isn't anything unusual stashed down there. I always just say "go ahead" because it's faster. 

In my case, typically do not need to change my diaper in a public setting.  I tend to regulate my voids, and I'll use the dreaded potty if I'm overly concerned that my diaper might not be able to last.    I can make a good quality ABDL diaper last an entire 16 our flight (including transit) without needing a change.   I'm pretty sure I could do an entire day at Disneyland in the same diaper if I wanted to.  Depending on the situation that might be a case where I choose to bring a change.

Most of the security checks are concerned with metal and don't think there is any issue with liquid.   I don't think wet SAP would even flag going through the standard security lines at parks or sports venues.   I'm not sure if it would flag at a US airport, but they can see the diaper in the body scanners.    I have first hand information that wet SAP will flag in Europe and Middle East. 

I typically will put a Pull Up on when I leave for the airport.  I have keep extra diapers in my carry on, and head to a stall to diaper up before my flight.  Diaper, Pull Up, and underwear and then head to to gate for the flight.  Obviously they can see the diapers through the X-Ray, but they don't care.    I tend to be careful about keeping my carry-on free of anything that will flag, but they have checked and seen the diapers- no issues.

In my experience, the settings on the detectors in Europe are way more sensitive to liquid, and any liquid needs to be in a separate bag.  I had a somewhat damp diaper in Paris and was flagged.   The lady ran the wand and probably noticed the diaper, but didn't even bat an eye.   They felt the padding in Doha, and asked what it was.  I had to go through a private screening, which was a bit embarrassing.   In the end, nothing happened. 

My advice is to do your best not to require extra attention.   Put nothing else in your bag that might cause issues.   If there is an issue- remain calm, and let them do their thing.   In the end, there is nothing illegal about wearing a diaper, and they have no reason to ask or even care why you have one.   Their priority is make sure it is not a hidden explosive and your priority to get to your activity as quick as possible

I've never been flagged at the NudoVision scanners though since I have precheck I usually just get sent through the WTMD.    I did get groped once on a special check and the agent didn't seem to note the diaper.

so our current working idea is backpack + plain medical diapers + request a private screening to keep onlookers and would be detectives at bay. 

If its a brightly covered print were convinced it would definitely cause a chuckle at least from the guard. but if its medical he'll just look the other way.

our other idea is just leave the bag in the car and head back out when needed.

If you can hide a bulge, or don't mind it, just wear boosters, then take out boosters when they get wet.  That's what I did when I went to town.

If its warm and you are active you wont pee much.

9 hours ago, KyleABDL said:

so our current working idea is backpack + plain medical diapers + request a private screening to keep onlookers and would be detectives at bay. 

If its a brightly covered print were convinced it would definitely cause a chuckle at least from the guard. but if its medical he'll just look the other way.

our other idea is just leave the bag in the car and head back out when needed.

What type of place are you visiting, and how long will you need to be there?  It's hard to figure out what you need without more details.  For one, is a change truly necessary, or just something you want?   If the extra diaper is causing that much anxiety, just go with the one that you're wearing.  Depending on the time, you might have to use the potty.  Think about this: a good ABDL diaper absorbs a tremendous amount of pee.   It takes me 3 hours to get close to feeling ready to change if I'm trying to use it.     With monitored urination- I can easily go 16 hours in a diaper.   If the diaper is absolutely needed and you won't be able to make it through the trip without needing to change- you need that diaper and it's nothing to feel ashamed about.

I don't know of anyplace that does a more thorough screen than airport security, and they don't take the contents of your bag.   I do agree with using plain diapers, although I honestly don't think they would even care, or notice.  Even if they did, they wouldn't say anything.   Any search would be very discreet, and not worth worrying about.

I don't think a private screening is necessary, and that would have the adverse effect of bring more attention on you.  It sounds like he wants to wear diapers, but is afraid of getting spotted.   The security checks sounds like the whole source of anxiety, so get through that without bringing attention to you.   Extra diaper in the backpack, and make sure to open up the bag for them to check.

Blue Northshore Megamax looks like shorts/underwear, and can most likely hold a days worth of peeing, from experience.
Use a booster and its almost guaranteed. Doesn't make the diaper that much thicker. 

22 hours ago, spark said:

What type of place are you visiting, and how long will you need to be there?  It's hard to figure out what you need without more details.  For one, is a change truly necessary, or just something you want?   If the extra diaper is causing that much anxiety, just go with the one that you're wearing.  Depending on the time, you might have to use the potty.  Think about this: a good ABDL diaper absorbs a tremendous amount of pee.   It takes me 3 hours to get close to feeling ready to change if I'm trying to use it.     With monitored urination- I can easily go 16 hours in a diaper.   If the diaper is absolutely needed and you won't be able to make it through the trip without needing to change- you need that diaper and it's nothing to feel ashamed about.

I don't know of anyplace that does a more thorough screen than airport security, and they don't take the contents of your bag.   I do agree with using plain diapers, although I honestly don't think they would even care, or notice.  Even if they did, they wouldn't say anything.   Any search would be very discreet, and not worth worrying about.

I don't think a private screening is necessary, and that would have the adverse effect of bring more attention on you.  It sounds like he wants to wear diapers, but is afraid of getting spotted.   The security checks sounds like the whole source of anxiety, so get through that without bringing attention to you.   Extra diaper in the backpack, and make sure to open up the bag for them to check.

were expecting 10-4. or about 6hrs of activities, maybe dinner after. accounting for travel time too so, all day. a bag seems reasonable for not if, but when we need to access it.

• 1 month later...

i always have a diaper bag with me. of all the time flying maybe a hand full of time anyone want to check it 5 years back i was pulled aside because when i went though the scanner it picked up my wet diaper. i was ask to step aside and and the lady want to do a pat down. i told her right off the bat i was in a diaper. with a straight face she OK. we stepped behind a screen area and two woman one did the pat down the other watched. they when through my diaper bag and then passed me though. i was in Italy 2019 leaving i was selected for a extra search it was no big deal.   

• 2 weeks later...

Having your bag checked is something that goes with the choice to wear diapers.  I am sure the people checking the bags have seen it all before.  You just put a brave face on and let them check the bag.

Most places will look with a stick or something (so they don’t get poked), once they see the diapers they usually won’t get to keen on pulling them out, they are just looking for prohibited items.

On 5/18/2021 at 6:35 PM, Little Sherri said:

I've flown wearing a diaper, and with diapers in my bags, a few times now, and I've never been asked about it. If they ask to inspect a bag, and they open it and find a diaper, unless they think your friend has hidden something in it, they'll completely ignore it. That registers as a 0 out of 10 for them - they're seeing that every day, and they are only concerned with illegalities and threats to safety. Do heed the requirements for liquid sizing, however, or else your friend might have to part ways with a bottle of lotion or whatever. In my experience, their policy on creams ointments is inexact - I've had them ignore them, and I've had them treat creams as though they were liquids. Best to put larger containers in checked bags. 

If you have to go through a body scanner, your diaper will show up as an "area of interest", and the officer will probably offer you to have a private screening if you like, or, they can just proceed with patting the area with the back of their hand to make sure there isn't anything unusual stashed down there. I always just say "go ahead" because it's faster. 

A diaper will only show up as an area of interest to the extent an officer will want to do a private screening when it’s wet. Shouldn’t be a problem when dry in my experience.

7 hours ago, Dubious said:

That's until drug smugglers find out that they can smuggle drugs in diapers..

SAP looks like heroin

This has already happened at least a few times. I read an article about a hapless smuggler who secreted bags of cocaine in an adult diaper, and seemingly had no problem getting on the plane, however when he landed and attempted to clear customs, they were very curious about his enormous underpants, because of course he went for broke, and had stuffed pounds of the stuff down there. There was also a sadder case where a lady lost custody of her twin 7-year-olds because she put them in diapers stuffed with bags of opioids and tried to cross the border, figuring that customs agents wouldn't examine children that closely. However, a sniffer dog had no such reservations. But those cases are exceedingly rare, and thousands of people crisscross the skies and the boarders every day wearing diapers. Or, they did, and will again, once all the pandemic restrictions are lifted. If you aren't up to something nefarious, the worst thing you'll likely experience is a slightly awkward conversation in which you have to say "I'm wearing a diaper." 

I flew with my wife to California to visit our daughter and Son in Law. I was wear a dry 24/7. I had heard if your diaper is dry, there shouldn’t be a problem, there wasn’t and I was cleared without issue.