LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

To be laid off by end of Q2. Incontinence worsening.

Shaping up to be an eventful week.

Just informed the company is contracting and I'm one of many getting "involuntarily reduced" by the end of the 2nd quarter.

And to be a topper on the week there was a significant change in my urinary incontinence over the weekend. 

No longer have any control of the bladder and don't get any sensation if urination at all. Actual flow is much more constantly low than at sporadic intervals. 

What was happening was that my bladder would fill with a small amount of urine before releasing in its own. That seems to have completely stopped. I would also briefly awaken at night while urinating. Since Saturday night I'm sleeping completely through the night. 

This may very well be the final step to complete urinary incontinence. 

I have about a dozen cases of disposables in storage. About enough for months. 

I may be forced to argument the plan with cloth diapers. I really don't want to do that. The only way I can tolerate cloth is with frequent changes and having all area under the plastic pants to be covered with heavy diaper creme. (Butt paste cream)

I need to work out the costs for disposables. I'm spending about $2K per year from my health savings account on disposables.

Was able to get urology appointment for early May - of this year. So that's good. 

So sorry to hear of your misfortunes, Thomas. You need to check into how much Medicare will provide you in diapers. Every state is different, but in Washington (state) I can get 36 cloth diapers per year, or a regular supply of disposables of some substandard quality, which saves me a good chunk of money. So check how soon you can get on to the ACA plan in your state, then look up the reimbursements for incontinence diapers. Once armed with that, you can get your Dr. to write a very specific prescription for exactly what you need.

I have been buying my own diapers since I was laid off, but it's costing me a bunch, so I will talk to my PC about updating my "prescription" when I go in for my physical later this week.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/19/2021 at 2:34 AM, nikkijo said:

my 24/7 need  costs me  right around 100 a month    for a case of northshore supremes and a pack or 2 of megamax   

On 4/7/2021 at 12:26 PM, WetDad said:

So sorry to hear of your misfortunes, Thomas. You need to check into how much Medicare will provide you in diapers. Every state is different, but in Washington (state) I can get 36 cloth diapers per year, or a regular supply of disposables of some substandard quality, which saves me a good chunk of money. So check how soon you can get on to the ACA plan in your state, then look up the reimbursements for incontinence diapers. Once armed with that, you can get your Dr. to write a very specific prescription for exactly what you need.

I have been buying my own diapers since I was laid off, but it's costing me a bunch, so I will talk to my PC about updating my "prescription" when I go in for my physical later this week.

Thanks. An update is that I may be extended until the end of the year. That help the planning a bit. 

I will look into Medicare and the VA. But my current income level is a tad on the high side compared to those who need these services. As it is, we are adding to my stockpile of cases of disposables in storage. I have 14 cases now. Want to get up to at least 25. I also want to get sealable plastic containers to store them in. 

Working at home, I can usually be fine with just 3 diapers per day. This gets me about 5 more days per case. And I'll be seeing if going back to cloth is a workable way to reduce some costs. 

I'm not concerned about the job market. Seems my skills are still in demand. And it looks like remote work is more more likely. 

Right now businesses are finding it hard to find people to hire!  I think it is a turn around from last year at this time when people were being furloughed or unemployed due to Covid-19.  Here is a problem, though.  All the people getting extended covid relief are at the point where they say they are getting as much or more by not working as they would if they had a job, so why work?  OK, that free money is not going to last forever.  When it runs out, you better hope businesses will still be hiring!  Get back to work before the extended relief payments run out and make sure you have a job.  Otherwise you may find yourself needing a job along with millions of others who put off looking for work until the benefits ran out.  By that time the job market might have done a 180 and instead of a lack of workers for business to hire, their could be a big surplus of people all needing jobs and none left to be had.

• Like 2

There are plenty of people to hire, if you will pay a reasonable wage. Every interview I have had mentions a salary at least 30% lower than the norm for my position. Even worse, they expect me to commute 3-4 hours each day, or relocate.

On 4/7/2021 at 11:28 AM, ThomasInWVa said:

Just informed the company is contracting and I'm one of many getting "involuntarily reduced" by the end of the 2nd quarter.

And to be a topper on the week there was a significant change in my urinary incontinence over the weekend. 

Do you think the two are related? It could be psychological. Since I was younger I always wet more when Im stressed out. More wet beds at night and going during the day too. I have weak daytime bladder control anyway and know the feeling of being wet down there without warning. Hope you get it figured out. Theres lots of products so don't get too down about it.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, rubbersheetmike said:

Do you think the two are related? It could be psychological. Since I was younger I always wet more when Im stressed out. More wet beds at night and going during the day too. I have weak daytime bladder control anyway and know the feeling of being wet down there without warning. Hope you get it figured out. Theres lots of products so don't get too down about it.

Yes, I think it may have been. Though the stress is not longer present. In fact, I'm very relieved with finally knowing, But the condition have not improved. Total incontinence and sexual issues. In some ways, they are worse. I came on today to vent a bit but I have no idea where to post my comments. They are not my usual sort of content as I feel to need to be very sexually explicit. (Its not vulgar, just very weird and not my usual style.) I don't usually discuss this sort of thing online even when anonymous. 

Glad to read your employment got extended.  That is a huge stress off of you for now. I totally understand about needing to make sure you have enough diapers in case something happens. My work is contract work and I always have it holding over my head that at any time I could be let go even though I have been at the same location for 15yrs.  What I have been doing over the years is buying cheaper diapers at thrift stores and using them when at home and I have found that I can use three at a time by poking holes in on the inner two diapers allowing me to get through a work day without changing.  The cost of the three diapers never cost me more than $1.25 for all three.  Doing this allowed me to use my FSA to pay medical bills.  At the end of the year, if my wife had any FSA left, that is when I would buy my Northshore Megamax diapers.  Then through out the year I get paid for some extra work I do and I will take some of that money to buy good diapers.

One thing I did find out about FSA accounts, if you use all your FSA money up before you are let go, you shouldn't have to pay any of it back. If you are a VET, you can always check into the VA.  One of the guys I work with use the VA for his health benefits and is always trying to get me to switch over, but as long as I can afford paying what my work offers, that is what I will do.  I do know someone that uses the VA and gets his diapers from them, but the problem there is they are not good diapers like Northshore sales.  He was able to get a little better quality by having the doctor write a letter about how what is being supplied isn't working properly.

What you are doing about stocking up isn't a bad idea.  When it comes to having good diapers, to me there really isn't a way to have to many unless it's a semi load full, lol.

Just know that you are not alone with these struggles, there are others of us out here dealing with it too.  Being able to chat, vent, and support each other the best way we can online has always been a great help for me.