LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

DPF Diaper Pail Friends Retrospective - AB/DL History Lesson

Diaper Pail Friends DPF Retrospective! ABDL History Lesson here for your young folks. Or, if you remember DPF, then it's a trip down memory lane. 
the first newsletter was sent out in July 1980. Yes, abdl was a thing waaaay before the internet, but it wasn't called ABDL & you had to do everything by mail! Let's have a look back at the biggest influences for this fetish/lifestyle for many folks.

When it was Diaper Pail Fraternity. I used to bring up that it kind of excluded Little Girls

One problem I have is that it is done over on Fetlife, when DD is the premier and primary ABDL web entity. We have very little "space" devoted to other fetishes, whereas Fetlife is mor generalized and primarily BDSM if I understand coreectly. As such DD is the more proper successor to DPF. I would wager tiaras to toothpicks that a greater proportion of DD members were DPF than Fetlife members. In fact I have a problem with DD taking a back seat to anything in the ABDL world. Even our ranking system bespeaks ABDL

I remember DPF when I first started getting access to the inter-webs. Unfortunately is was chalk full of pedophiles and groomers when I found it.  I remember being thrilled at finding a place at that time before AOL Diapers Chat, Yahoo Diaper Chat, and Diaperspace. I think a lot of my generation that is here and fetlife would agree that it wasn't a place we felt comfortable.

16 hours ago, Little Christine said:

One problem I have is that it is done over on Fetlife, when DD is the premier and primary ABDL web entity. We have very little "space" devoted to other fetishes, whereas Fetlife is mor generalized and primarily BDSM if I understand coreectly. As such DD is the more proper successor to DPF. I would wager tiaras to toothpicks that a greater proportion of DD members were DPF than Fetlife members. In fact I have a problem with DD taking a back seat to anything in the ABDL world. Even our ranking system bespeaks ABDL

I think why DD takes a backseat to Fetlife is as you mentioned DD is dedicated to all things ABDL but most of the ageplayers I know are also heavily into BDSM which I think gets a squeamish response here.  Hence my point if you ever attend Capcon 2020, the Dark Ageplay room had nearly half the attendees entering the play space while the prior year was likely 25% of that. I know our Crinkled Cabal Parties went from heavily ageplay themed to more Dark Ageplay themed. We had a crib and highchair, and myself, and the other 2 admins of Cabal have added spanking bench, Locking changing tables, and some other bdsm furniture.

On 2/17/2021 at 11:35 AM, willnotwill said:

I got wind of DPF in 1986 or so.    Tommy and Marky would show up on the CompuServe Human Sexuality forum which had an AB subgroup.   

CompuServe - Showing your age sir!

What would bre interesting woulde be if they could do a retrospective on the club for which BLADDER CHATTER was the newsletter. It was founded by a TGABDL named Bill who was a plastic fan. I was a member from the middle '80's until if folded. It was out of CT

The ascendency of the DL to predominance has taken away from the appearance of ABDL. When it was more about AB/Littles, its appearance was cute and pretty because of the what they broaght to it in terms of collateral "trim". Look at some of the older threads about "little" topics, especially LG, to which I can speak and is more visually apparent

Ah! DPF...my.ummmm..well 2nd introduction to the AB/DL world. The 1st being a site I stumbled on called "wetset"... that was a rowdy place! 

But it was DPF where I learned that I was a D/L.....and that there more people out there and I wasn't alone in my activities or desires. YAY!!!! ? I met and chatted with people from all around the world, all with similar interests....it was amazing....and I was stunned!

This was all way back in the ancient times of the year 2000. I have learned a lot since then, done a lot....and continue on with the community.

DPF collapsed, and most people came over to DD, or went other places, new people pop up etc. But it still amazes me knowing there are others all around, and not in this cohntry, but all around the world... 

Tommy did something amazing in creating this community, and giving everyone an opportunity to explore and even chat with others.....it was amazing for its time.

I appreciate mikey for picking up the banner and carrying on with what Tommy started, keeping the message boards and chat going, which helps makingbit so people don't feel so alone.

I wish this existed when I was younger....it might have saved some of my sanity cells ?, and helped me not be so confused about my desires and such. 

Now I just have to get out and find some of those marbles I lost along the way....

?

• Like 2

I first joined in March '83 nudged over by Carolyn