LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cloth diapers and covers on Amazon

Recently purchased some omutsu cloth diapers on Amazon in size medium large,  or so I thought. When they arrived they were all small mediums. They got returned. One of the 4 ordered was the correct size, fits comfortable and works great. I also order some I guess you would call them pocket diapers or diaper covers with a pocket. Advertised to fit most.  All the way up to a 51" waist.  Thats a great joke.  They wouldn't fit a 30" waist if you tried.  I'm not belittling Amazon, they have processed my returns well. Just want to make people aware to double or triple check what you order and that you actually get what you ordered.

10 hours ago, diapereddave said:

Recently purchased some omutsu cloth diapers on Amazon in size medium large,  or so I thought. When they arrived they were all small mediums.  I also order some I guess you would call them pocket diapers or diaper covers with a pocket. Advertised to fit most.  All the way up to a 51" waist.  Thats a great joke.  They wouldn't fit a 30" waist if you tried. 

The key word here might be omutsu.  That sounds Japanese to me.  What is large to a Japanese person would be small to medium for an average American.  Maybe their 51" waist is really a 51 centimeter waist instead.  Years ago I worked on machines built in Germany, the United States and Japan.  The first two you could easily work on, the one made in Japan you could hardly squeeze yourself into the area you needed to work on and these were all the same type of machines.  Even if it may be made for the American market, that doesn't mean it won't be smaller than you expect if it's made in Japan.

On 11/28/2020 at 5:53 AM, rusty pins said:

Maybe their 51" waist is really a 51 centimeter waist instead.

That was my thought.

@diapereddave You also need to take into account that diapers are kind of like shoes: there are more dimensions than the size captures. Sure, a shoe has a size and a width, but how wide is the toe box, how high is the instep, and how deep in the heel? And that’s before you even compare between brands.

With diapers, you have the waist size, but where is a person’s waist anyway? Then you have the fit around the hips and thighs, and the rise (which is the length from the waistband in front to the middle of the crotch; too long, and it saves before it’s even wet, too short and you have plumbers’ butt).

All pants have those same dimensions, but not all pants are worn so close to the skin. Being off a little from a person’s ideal size doesn’t matter so much in a pair of sweat pants.

I’ve had diapers or plastic pants that fit my waist but are too snug around the thigh, and more than I can count that didn’t have the rise I needed and left the top of butt crack barely in the diaper.

My advice is to never buy more than one diaper from somewhere until you know how they fit. But one, and if it fits, buy more.

And I’ve found BabyKins fits well and is a decent price. I like Gary for PUL plastic pants and sometimes settle for Leakmaster.

Where I haven’t found a good option for my size and shape is with all-in-ones/pocket diapers. I love the way Threaded Armor looks, but I find it doesn’t fit snugly, which leads to leaks, and I’ve tried different pocket diapers with snaps from Amazon, but they are all too small (and probably not coincidentally, made by Japanese companies). They make them in my size, but I guess they haven’t mastered making them in the proportions that fit the average American as opposed to the average Japanese person.

If you are looking for something that will fit a 51" waist, try this site

https://www.llmedico.com/incontinence-products-supplies/?SubCategory=627&variation_id=

Or go to my signaturea>RUBBER PANTIES'R'US and click on "Reviews" and see what you like at the various different companies. If you are totally new, you might want to first read the whole page

6 hours ago, Alex Bridges said:

My advice is to never buy more than one diaper from somewhere until you know how they fit. But one, and if it fits, buy more.

Absolutely.  You're bound to buy one or two turkeys, unless you're very lucky.

Babykins still has their "DPF" items. These were the ones sould by DPF, which was the gold standard from about 1985-2000, which meant high quality and designed for the full ABDL market. Generally, your more well-known places, like Babykins, LL Medico or Rearz have good quality control I understand that some companies sell terry diapers and "flour sack towelling" diapers. both of which are well recommended here a DD. If it comes to it. you can make your own. A link to that kind of thing is in RUBBER PANTIES'R'US, in the section on cloth diapers in 3. RELATED ITEMS. It is not as in-depth for such things as it is for rubber panteis, but it will start you off right