LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pacifier Dependancy

Stephany

Hey yall!

I was wondering how many of you use a paci to fall sleep. Do you need one to fall asleep, and if so how long did it take using one before you couldn't go without?

I've been sleeping with one in for three weeks now and find my paci to be super relaxing ?.

• Like 3
  • 6 months later...

Interesting question. I started sleeping with a pacifier around 2.5 - 3 years ago; it was prior to my going 24/7 but I was already sleeping in diapers most nights. When I first tried to sleep with one, much as when I first tried to sleep in a diaper again, I found it distracting and it was hard to fall asleep. Also, I started out using a toddler-sized one, and it would both put pressure on my front teeth, and, routinely fall out at some point throughout the night, to the point that I added a pacifier clip so that I could reliably find it in the morning (and after one famous incident where I slept over at a buddy's place and lost a pacifier in their guest bedroom, precipitating a stressful week that, thankfully, ended with me back at their place, checking the room for a "sock" I'd misplaced the previous week, and finding the damned thing before they did). 

However, after a few days of using one, I was able to fall asleep quite easily. Once I switched to a pacifier sized for an adult, the pressure on my teeth was no longer an issue, and, I wake up with it still in nearly 100% of the time. I wouldn't even try to sleep without one now - it would be a struggle. Having the paci definitely signals "lights out" for the hamster running in a wheel within my head. 

However, the pacifier's affect on my ability to sleep is not entirely psychological. I had been plagued for years by a habit of "clacking" my teeth together as I fell asleep, which never bothered me, but it caused my wife to elbow me awake at least a couple of nights a week, because it distracted her. I tried mouth guards but they didn't help, and some made it louder. However, adult-sized pacifiers completely solved the problem, so, at this point I'd say that my marriage depends at least partially on continued access to good pacifiers. I own about 20 of them and rotate through them, taking them apart, soaking them in mouthwash, and letting they dry thoroughly every few days.

I take them on vacation with me - the last time I slept (or tried to sleep) on a plane, which was in 2019, I sorely wished that I could somehow put one in my mouth. An issue which the pandemic has handily solved - pacifiers conceal quite handily under masks. Now if only there were anywhere we could fly...

• 4 weeks later...

i started a few years ago regularly using a pacifier to help me fall asleep.  At this point I think I would have trouble falling asleep without it.. it really help relax me and put me in a great frame of mind. I have a problem with my adult mind not letting me shut down enough to fall asleep. The pacifier shuts all of that crap down. I get into a regressed mindset and fall asleep. I often will loose it at some point during the night, but since I got a pacifier leash. I just pop it back in a off to baby sleep land I go.

:baby-waving-bye-bye-smiley-emoticon:

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I need my pacifier only time I don’t have my pacifier in is outside and work apart from that It’s in my mouth 

• Like 2

I don't exactly depend on pacifiers, but I do enjoy using them! They're oddly soothing and comfortable to have in your mouth, I guess that just means it works as it's suppose to! They do help a bit with calming myself down, but that's about as far as it goes.

• Like 1

I sometimes wish I was not depend on a pacifier it’s got to the stage where I even have to take one to work I now need one almost the same as a toddler 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Cmp said:

I sometimes wish I was not depend on a pacifier it’s got to the stage where I even have to take one to work I now need one almost the same as a toddler 

What happens if you don't have one at the time???????????

I know I will not sleep but daytime it’s just having it with me so I can use it makes me feel like a baby 

• Like 1

I've posted my Pacifier Dependancy Story on DD before. It's very similar to little Sherri. The thing people have often asked is "did habitual use erode the pleasure" and the answer is no it didn't. Mostly it just soothed and comforted me in a way that I didn't expect it to at the start. If I thought about it I'd still get the little thrill knowing I was what I wanted to be. The "pain" of longing for it was slight, easily rectified by sucking something, and once I got into the habit that it was for night-time only, I didn't ever feel the need in the day. What I wrote some years ago:

Having been jealous of thumb-suckers and pacifier-users for as long as I can remember, I was always frustrated that when I sucked on a paci it wasn't "real"... I didn't "need" it. When the Nuk Medic Pro arrived, and I was finally living in my own flat, I set out (aged 30) to become a habitual pacifier-user. The first month I found it hard: I kept a note beside my bed, kept the paci on my beside table, and kept a record of using it. Some nights it was very hard to get to sleep. But after a month I noticed it was getting easier and it must have been around a month that I noticed I was longing for the moment I popped it in at night, and not taking it out first thing in the morning. Sometime in the second month I stopped recording usage and had that amazing feeling when I noticed I wasn't thinking about using it, I was just doing it by habit.

I then visited friends and forgot to take the paci with me, and discovered that I needed something in my mouth... and that was the first time I fell asleep sucking my thumb. That year I did go through a phase of using the paci in the daytime (I worked from home most of the time) and there were days at a time when I probably had the paci in 20+ hours a day. (the teats go white if you do this!). but I later moderated my usages back to night time only, and over the next 10 years I slept with either my dummy or my thumb in my mouth. It was a great habit to have - comforting, healthy, and every now and then I would get that lovely feeling of pride, knowing that I was what I always wanted to be... a real pacifier and thumb-sucker. I never had a problem keeping the paci in after the first month - I guess that was the breakthrough to getting really hooked.

• Like 1

I'd LOVE to be pacifier dependant! Just like a real baby, and I'd always have it in my little pocket when I wore my widdle baby clothes. I'd be a cute little toddler just running around in my diapies all the time without a care in the world. Being in baby heaven!?☺️???♥️??? And my big brother lover Tommy would always watch over me and look after me, making sure I'm taken care of and protected. And making sure I had the cutest pacifiers and would sit me on the couch and give me make out lessons as we kissed and fell in love. Making sure I felt loved and special everyday in his arms!???????♥️? I'd be so pacifier dependant that whenever I didn't have it, I would get very uneasy and very worried and nervous and afraid and I'd need it and put it in my mouth without even realizing it as we were walking through the grocery store. And people would be staring at me but I wouldn't care, because I'd be a confident baby!?☺️??♥️? Yep, I sure would LOVE to be pacifier dependent!???☹️? And I would also make sure that Tommy's Mommy LOVED me and I'd be Tommy's biological baby brother lover. WOMB BUDDIES!!!!!!?☺️???♥️????????♥️??????♥️????♥️???

• 2 weeks later...

My best friend left the country in November 2017. About a week later (I've just always linked the two) stress caused me to have trouble breathing when asleep (like sleep apnea, sleep paralysis etc). Now I had always kind of kept a pacifier, but it was then that I started sleeping with one in my mouth every night. Its relaxing too.

• Like 2

I sleep withdwo dollies. Andrea Lynne Rachel Christine and Lisa Michelle Denise Christine. They take turns being next to me and being cuddled. they we do have a chastity pad between us from the chest down, which is sort of like an old New England 'budling board". Like proper little girls, we only kiss on the cheek with the quick light kisses that characterize little girls

• Like 2

I can't remember what it's like to go to bed without a dummy.  I could probably sleep without one, but I've no intention of finding out.  It's in my mouth when I go to sleep, and it's still there when I wake up.  And I'm still cuddling Teddy when I wake up too.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I am very unashamedly habituated to them. I have one tethered to my Paw patrol bed buddy I use every nite. I also have one with me at all times. I am quite open with them but I can become quite frustrated and stressed when in situations where it's use is not appropriate for a longer period of time. That was the only thing I liked about the mask mandates I had one in my mouth all the time! LOL

• Like 2
  • 5 months later...

I Realy Realy struggle to sleep … wouldn't say I 100% need it but would never choose to sleep without it, I’d struggle…  

I’ve never not had a pacifier or used my thumb :) never given them up :) 

• Like 3
  • 10 months later...

I sleep with a pacifier almost every night and have used it to fall asleep since I got my first Nuk 5 a few decades ago.

I can sleep without it, but I don't sleep as well without as I do with a pacifier in my mouth.

There is nothing quite as relaxing as waking up with your pacifier still in your mouth, a wet/messy diaper, while still hugging your sleep teddy bear close to your body.

During the day I sometimes use my pacifier for comfort if I feel bad, sad or have problems with anxiety or a panic attack.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Little_Mouse said:

I sleep with a pacifier almost every night and have used it to fall asleep since I got my first Nuk 5 a few decades ago.

I can sleep without it, but I don't sleep as well without as I do with a pacifier in my mouth.

There is nothing quite as relaxing as waking up with your pacifier still in your mouth, a wet/messy diaper, while still hugging your sleep teddy bear close to your body.

During the day I sometimes use my pacifier for comfort if I feel bad, sad or have problems with anxiety or a panic attack.

Does the pacifier mess up your teeth?

47 minutes ago, Widdle Webslinger said:

Does the pacifier mess up your teeth?

No not at all. My dentist has never said anything bad about my dental position and I have never noticed any changes.

Personally I think it's not a problem for adults as our teeth stopped developing a long time ago

I wouldn't worry as long as I use a pacifier designed for an adult size mouth and teeth and I take care of my pacifier, teeth and oral hygiene daily.

Ask your dentist if you are concerned and make sure he/she understands what you are talking about. 😊

• Like 1

I'm repeating something I said on this string ages ago, but, I've been sleeping with pacifiers religiously for more than 4 years now, and I have no dental issues, no tooth movement, etc. The key is to find one that is the right size - if it's putting pressure on your front teeth and you start to feel them aching a bit in the morning, they're going to move eventually. Toddler pacifiers push against my teeth while I sleep, whereas the "size 6" adult pacifiers from Rearz are perfect for me. Their "size 10" Fixx pacifier, on the other hand, is huge - it's too big, I feel like I'm choking on it. Also, they're $25 - $50 each, and the size 6 ones are $5... and, you want to have a bunch of them in stock and rotate them and clean them frequently, so, cheaper is better, in my opinion. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

I'm repeating something I said on this string ages ago, but, I've been sleeping with pacifiers religiously for more than 4 years now, and I have no dental issues, no tooth movement, etc. The key is to find one that is the right size - if it's putting pressure on your front teeth and you start to feel them aching a bit in the morning, they're going to move eventually. Toddler pacifiers push against my teeth while I sleep, whereas the "size 6" adult pacifiers from Rearz are perfect for me. Their "size 10" Fixx pacifier, on the other hand, is huge - it's too big, I feel like I'm choking on it. Also, they're $25 - $50 each, and the size 6 ones are $5... and, you want to have a bunch of them in stock and rotate them and clean them frequently, so, cheaper is better, in my opinion. 

@Little Sherri Exactly! That is also my experience. You just explain it much better than me and exactly as it is 👍😊

• Thanks 1