LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

MeWe AB/DL group

I’m sure many of you have heard of all the extreme censorship, de-platforming, and outright bans that Facebook has been doing to anyone they disagree with. Even medical doctors are being censored if they don’t tote the WHO narrative. So in my quest to find a free speech alternative to FB, I was invited to try MeWe. Functionally, it seems to be the closest thing to Facebook, and many people have already made the switch. One thing I noticed lacking was any ab/dl groups though, so I created one. If interested you can find it here: https://mewe.com/join/abdlsofmewe

Sorry, but a very firm NO to your premise in posting this. 

What Facebook has finally started moderating is a small part of the flood of debunked conspiracy theories and disinformation that threatens people’s health. They have been extraordinarily slow to stop the spread of this anti-science quackery. Some of the worst of it continues to reach large numbers of people before it is taken down.

This isn’t about freedom of speech. It’s about basic safety. With 180,000 people now dead and 5 million infected in your country, the “alternative” so-called experts I’ve been repeatedly exposed to include:

- A crank who calls himself the “inventor of email” in his Twitter signature, and fraudulently pretends to be affiliated with Stanford. He was Rush Limbaugh’s main source for dangerous and ignorant talk radio rants that reached millions.

- A precious metals speculator with zero medical knowledge, who mixes his ranting ignorance about the virus with lists of vendettas of various kinds, and admits to having been convicted of kidnapping.

- A lady who was found guilty of scientific fraud and is a complete outcast in her field for other fringe views. (One of the main supposedly authoritative science sources in the nonsense-riddled film “Plandemic.”)

- An entire fraudulently named association of ultra-libertarian ideologues, that also denied HIV is connected to AIDS; supported the tobacco industry’s denials that nicotine is addictive; and claims that being gay reduces life expectancy,. (Links on request. I’ve seen this group cited multiple times this week by gullible coronavirus deniers who don’t check facts and think they’re a credible medical body.)

These aren’t outliers. This stuff is exactly what’s being widely circulated in embarrassing, irresponsible anti-science echo-chambers, including parts of Facebook. Parts of it are not just stupid — they are life-threatening.

To share this stuff, on Facebook or anywhere else, you have to make a conscious choice to dismiss and ignore every reputable science body in the world.

If you want the latest in actual, factual information on the coronavirus, visit nature.com or the CDC.

• Like 2

In agreement with @nonnyFacebook has belatedly started to moderate it's content (something it should've been doing for years!) and that's a good thing.

Now, from searching for information about the website I see that it values privacy above all else which is commendable. But from the tone of your post it's clear that's not why you want to make this group!

It's like the alternative to Patreon that was set up when Patreon banned hate speech, the alternative to Twitter when Twitter kicked out some TERFs and other horrors, the alternative to Reddit set up because they started banning the hundreds of hate subreddits. It's going to be a self-contained echo chamber for all the nutjobs and bigots.

Remember: Free speech means you can say whatever you want. It doesn't mean you're immune to consequences of what you say (not to mention freedom of speech only covers the government and not private companies)

• Like 3
  • 4 months later...

MeWe is another alt-tech site for conspiracy nuts, using anything and everything (yes, including fetishes) to attract people to their propaganda sites.  Unless you're part of the tinfoil hat brigade, I strongly recommend people to avoid it like the plague.  I would recommend that members of the tinfoil hat brigade avoid it, too, but if convincing them were possible, they wouldn't be part of that brigade to begin with.