LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Commission a Writer

I'm looking to commission a writer.  I've never asked someone to do it before so I'm not even sure if this is the proper way to ask or how it works.

One of my favorite stories on dailydiapers is "Baby Nick's Summer" and part 2 ended to be continued 10 years ago.  What I'm looking for is someone to pick up where it was left off, maintaining the same style and narrative.

I think the best way to find authors who take commissions is to look at their DeviantArt or other pages for a Commission Guidelines post. I also admin a Discord server for ABDL authors to post their work, and a good number of them take commissions and have that publicly listed on their respective channels. I take commissions, though my queue is going to be closed for another week or so while I finish up some other projects. 

However, with this story in particular, you might have trouble. Writing someone else's story is murky creative territory. Even with fics like this, where they've been abandoned for a long time, explicitly writing a story that was conceived and penned by someone else is pretty taboo. (I haven't read the story in question, this is a general statement.) Before you try and commission someone to write a sequel, I would make an attempt to reach out to the original author and get permission to continue their story. 

PeculiarChangling is right, it's not right to continue a story that has been discontinued. Write something in the same world or sequence of events? Sure, but not literally starting at chapter 4 or 5 of an already established story. That being said, I'm always interested in writing something if you're interested in commissioning me.

2 hours ago, kasarberang said:

@mamabug, @Tfmonkey and @Elfy all take commissions.

You might try giving one of them a shot.

I'm open for business too. ;)

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Cya said:

PeculiarChangling is right, it's not right to continue a story that has been discontinued. Write something in the same world or sequence of events? Sure, but not literally starting at chapter 4 or 5 of an already established story. That being said, I'm always interested in writing something if you're interested in commissioning me.

I'm open for business too. ;)

I agree with this as well! I'm not sure how comfortable I would be on continuing a story that isn't mine. 

On 8/2/2020 at 1:43 AM, Cya said:

PeculiarChangling is right, it's not right to continue a story that has been discontinued. Write something in the same world or sequence of events? Sure, but not literally starting at chapter 4 or 5 of an already established story.

I would be really pissed if someone tried continuing a story I worked on without permission.  If I did give permission I might want a small cut of the commission.  

2 hours ago, WriteAndLeft said:

I would be really pissed if someone tried continuing a story I worked on without permission.  If I did give permission I might want a small cut of the commission.  

Yep.  This.  Emphatically.

3 hours ago, WriteAndLeft said:

I really don't understand why you would give anyone permission to do that. I mean, why not just continue the story and get paid directly? 

52 minutes ago, Cya said:

I really don't understand why you would give anyone permission to do that. I mean, why not just continue the story and get paid directly? 

Well, it is true that sometimes we writers hit a dead end and just can't break through it.  Or we get sick of the story itself and don't want to work on it anymore. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, WBDaddy said:

Well, it is true that sometimes we writers hit a dead end and just can't break through it.  Or we get sick of the story itself and don't want to work on it anymore. 

I know that feeling all too well... still, money is a lovely motivator. If I wasn't getting paid, I wouldn't be writing half the stuff I've written. 

On 8/4/2020 at 9:32 AM, WBDaddy said:

Mostly I’d give permission for stuff I don’t want to work on anymore.  I can always go back to a story after letting years elapse between chapters though, unless I sell the rights to someone who wants to finish it.