LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Another school story

When I was in second grade i remember going to lunch with my class. The lunches were always good. After lunch I had to go potty and I couldn't hold it and my pants got trenched in pee. Fortunately my mom had put a change of clothes in my backpack. The teacher had 3 aids and she said "okay take him to the bathroom." (We had a bathroom in our classroom) The bathroom was huge, it was like the size of 2 bathrooms. Anyway, so the teachers brought me into the bathroom and laid me down on this table, it looked more like a bench. One of the teachers got out the wipes and the other one got out the clothes. They took off my wet clothes and one of the teachers wiped me down really good, which I must say felt really comfortable. After that, much to my surprise she put baby powder on me, then got out the fresh underwear and put it on me. Then the other teacher put the rest of my clothes on. And after that one of the teachers said, "there! Now you can thank (teacher name) for that refreshing change." And I remember thinking, "I wish they diapered me!" I also wish one of them gave me a diaper spank on the butt.

Personally, I believe any school teacher would be calling the parent in this type of situation.  Doing something like was described could leave a teacher or school worker open for a sexual lawsuit.  Teachers and school personnel can't be too careful these days even if their intentions might be honorable.  I would never in any job or situation remove a child's clothing and wipe their privet areas.  That is wrong in so many ways, even if you were the school nurse.  In fact, that old Lou Grant TV show that Ed Asner was in back in the early 1980's had an episode where an 8 to 10 year old boy from an influential family who was known to have accidents in his pants was helped by his male teacher one day to clean up in the restroom.  When the kid got home, his mother saw him in his bedroom without his underwear and asked what happened to them.  The boy lied that he had had an accident in his pants, the teacher was accused of pedophilia, there was a school board hearing and that teacher was fired even though it was well known the kid had a history of having accidents in his pants on a regular basis.  Here is also something that happened back in 2015 in Texas where there was an investigation done because kids at a school were forced to take down their pants to see if any of them had poop in them

I very much doubt any teachers would put themselves in a situation where they could lose their job and be taken to court.  What I take with a grain of salt is not being able to go to the bathroom after lunch, wetting pants and Mom just happening to "put a change of clothes" in the backpack.  That makes it sound like he was always wetting his pants on a regular basis, not just this one time so Mom always had fresh pants and underwear in the backpack.  Since this would have happened about 18 years ago, I'm sure Mom would have dressed him in pull ups or goodnites if this always happened requiring changes of clothing to be put in the backpack.  Sounds questionable to me.

• Like 1

All I have is my own personal experience to speak from.

When I was in 2nd grade, I spent a winter in Maine while my father was in a 3 month long training program, so we were temporarily living with my grandmother.  It's not a news flash that it snows a good bit in Maine in the winter, and there was snow on the ground a good portion of time I was there.

I specifically remember that about 5 minutes before every recess, people that brought "snow pants" were allowed to go get them and put them over their regular pants (or dress, I suppose for girls).  I remember putting them on myself and taking them off afterwards.  Took me a good while to get the hang of it, but eventually I looked like the rest of the kids doing it.  I don't recall any teacher helping us.

Obviously there are differences all over the world, but it does seem that it is well within the abilities of the average second grader to take off and put on their own clothing.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, dyperbole said:

All I have is my own personal experience to speak from.

When I was in 2nd grade, I spent a winter in Maine while my father was in a 3 month long training program, so we were temporarily living with my grandmother.  It's not a news flash that it snows a good bit in Maine in the winter, and there was snow on the ground a good portion of time I was there.

I specifically remember that about 5 minutes before every recess, people that brought "snow pants" were allowed to go get them and put them over their regular pants (or dress, I suppose for girls).  I remember putting them on myself and taking them off afterwards.  Took me a good while to get the hang of it, but eventually I looked like the rest of the kids doing it.  I don't recall any teacher helping us.

Obviously there are differences all over the world, but it does seem that it is well within the abilities of the average second grader to take off and put on their own clothing.

@dyperbole

What follows below is my experience of attending Kindergarten through 3rd Grade, as best as I remember it:

I remember those types of Storms:  Living in Vermont, we had the type of snowstorms that would allow me to play outside on our patio, which was basically a brown ugly cement slab at the top of a small knoll.  Being Young, and having CP, my mom would help me into a snowsuit, hat, gloves, boots, and all that stuff.  Mom knew that it was harder for me to be able to play in the SNOW because  it takes time to be bundled up to go outside.  What they would do is, most of the winter, I was allowed to be inside and use the toys we had in the classroom, or to use other fun things, or to read, or REST.  Later on, in 3rd grade the teacher let me use a "Little Professor" calculator to do my math homework and also a computer to play games and things.  I had like 4 people that were "Class Assistants" (These were 4 good friends and classmates that were really good at their subjects to help me do things if needed).  These people would assist me in prepping to go outside, would walk me across the street to the Playground, would help me with class work, etc.  These 4 people were ALWAYS aware of what floor of the building I was on, and if an emergency or a fire happened, they would FIND me and get me the heck out of the building.  They would make sure I was with them, staying behind the teacher, so he could help me if there was a problem.  In those days, the fire alarm was a black light switch that was activated, and we just got up and they walked me right out, down the stairs, and right across the street: being Crossing Guards, they were always able to protect me and get me to the playground area.

Of course, this is in like 1978-1979, and the ADA did not exist, so they had to make reasonable accommodations for me, when doing so was a "do what you need to to get the job done" approach.  This means my teacher, and the rest of the school staff knew of me, and each one of them made the accommodations necessary.  One of them was: All of the bathrooms were downstairs in the basement, and the Kindergarten and the Special Ed classrooms had bathrooms with sink and a toilet:  They added Grab bars in that bathroom and each time I needed to go, I would tell the teacher I needed to go:  I went in, did my business, and left.  I had my share of accidents, but was able to deal with most of them, and the nurse was available to me if I needed it.  I also had a bus come get me, and would bring me from my house, 3 or 4 houses above the school, to the back door of the school, and would deliver me in the classroom and sit me right at my desk - Then at 3, they would come in, pick me up, put me in the bus, and take me back home, then put me in a regular chair in the hallway of my house.  From there, I could then drop and crawl on my knees, which I did till I was like 12 -   I was a little guy, so they could just pick me up to move me from place to place when I was tired or it was not safe to walk.  They also put hand rails on both sides of the main stairs, so I always had something to grab onto and make my way up or down, and someone was assigned to help me to do that.  By the end of Grade 3, I was moved to another school, so they had educators that were better able to help me, although I missed my friends, I knew it was best for me to get more help with my education.

BTW: These "Core 4" People" are still friends with me, and even at our 25th Class Reunion, they were there to help me, making sure I got where everyone was, then allowing me to drink, and **THEY** drove me home, and made sure I was all set before leaving:  I spent the entire time with my friends, and they said they have my back - My class is AWESOME, and they always have my back! :D

13 hours ago, Babyspiderboy95 said:

When I was in second grade i remember going to lunch with my class. The lunches were always good. After lunch I had to go potty and I couldn't hold it and my pants got trenched in pee. Fortunately my mom had put a change of clothes in my backpack. The teacher had 3 aids and she said "okay take him to the bathroom." (We had a bathroom in our classroom) The bathroom was huge, it was like the size of 2 bathrooms. Anyway, so the teachers brought me into the bathroom and laid me down on this table, it looked more like a bench. One of the teachers got out the wipes and the other one got out the clothes. They took off my wet clothes and one of the teachers wiped me down really good, which I must say felt really comfortable. After that, much to my surprise she put baby powder on me, then got out the fresh underwear and put it on me. Then the other teacher put the rest of my clothes on. And after that one of the teachers said, "there! Now you can thank (teacher name) for that refreshing change." And I remember thinking, "I wish they diapered me!" I also wish one of them gave me a diaper spank on the butt.

@Babyspiderboy95

In What Year was this? (90's/2000's?)

While I believe that you may have had an accident and needed assistance in cleaning yourself up, I have difficulty believing that you were in 2nd grade and were basically stripped down and wiped down by 3 teachers, and redressed.  These Days, if you have a disability, and you need that type of help, of course they would do that, because they are trained to do that - meaning if there was a disabled person that wore diapers, they would change them in their school classroom's bathroom, or if someone needed help, they could help you, but as I remember, the staff would ask me if I needed help, and if I needed anything, then they would allow me to dress, and come into the bathroom to check on me.  Most 2nd graders can handle dressing and undressing themselves, and may need help in some things, like maybe shoes on/off, etc. But no one EVER laid me down and undressed me or dressed me unless I was in a hospital setting, and was unable to do it, and even then, My mom or a nurse would help me. 

As I said: Disabled individuals usually have trained aides that do that, (I did not) but even I dressed myself, and was checked to see if I needed anything........so I am skeptical......

5 hours ago, Dubious said:

Men isn't/wasn't allowed to change diapers on kids without supervision, like all men are pedos.. 

@Dubious

Nowadays, Yes, you have to be EXTRA Careful with adults taking care of kids - There are so many strange things, and bad things that can happen.  If you are Male, you usually have male aides that help kids, and if there are little girls, female aides.  Even then, you still have to be careful.  If you are specifically trained to deal with someone's Activities of Daily Living - Dressing, Toileting, Showering, Diaper Changing, etc, you have a DUTY to make sure you do this in a professional manner, in a compassionate, caring way.  ANYTHING else, and you can get into serious trouble:  That is why, hopefully, people are monitoring these "aides."

@Babyspiderboy95

I think that some of this may be a dream, bud :) 

Take Care,

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
added additional information

Kids start to put on their own clothes when they are 3 years old, but will need help sometimes 
I'm just an uncle, so not much experience, but enough to do know, and have helped 
Even though I have no kids, I have done everything from changing diapers, clothing, feeding and babysitting, without supervision 

39 minutes ago, Dubious said:

Kids start to put on their own clothes when they are 3 years old, but will need help sometimes 
I'm just an uncle, so not much experience, but enough to do know, and have helped 
Even though I have no kids, I have done everything from changing diapers, clothing, feeding and babysitting, without supervision 

@Dubious

Agreed to everything you said:  Kids can usually dress themselves by Age 3, and may need help sometimes.  I am an uncle myself, and I have not changed any diapers, as I don't have any kids, but usually, Diapers were changed by my Aunts and Uncles and Cousins, and then later by my brothers/sister in-laws, so I have not had to deal with that - But I've supervised my nieces and nephews and babysat a few times my nephews, so I've done that without Supervision.

Brian

9 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

@dyperbole

What follows below is my experience of attending Kindergarten through 3rd Grade, as best as I remember it:

I remember those types of Storms:  Living in Vermont, we had the type of snowstorms that would allow me to play outside on our patio, which was basically a brown ugly cement slab at the top of a small knoll.  Being Young, and having CP, my mom would help me into a snowsuit, hat, gloves, boots, and all that stuff.  Mom knew that it was harder for me to be able to play in the SNOW because  it takes time to be bundled up to go outside.  What they would do is, most of the winter, I was allowed to be inside and use the toys we had in the classroom, or to use other fun things, or to read, or REST.  Later on, in 3rd grade the teacher let me use a "Little Professor" calculator to do my math homework and also a computer to play games and things.  I had like 4 people that were "Class Assistants" (These were 4 good friends and classmates that were really good at their subjects to help me do things if needed).  These people would assist me in prepping to go outside, would walk me across the street to the Playground, would help me with class work, etc.  These 4 people were ALWAYS aware of what floor of the building I was on, and if an emergency or a fire happened, they would FIND me and get me the heck out of the building.  They would make sure I was with them, staying behind the teacher, so he could help me if there was a problem.  In those days, the fire alarm was a black light switch that was activated, and we just got up and they walked me right out, down the stairs, and right across the street: being Crossing Guards, they were always able to protect me and get me to the playground area.

Of course, this is in like 1978-1979, and the ADA did not exist, so they had to make reasonable accommodations for me, when doing so was a "do what you need to to get the job done" approach.  This means my teacher, and the rest of the school staff knew of me, and each one of them made the accommodations necessary.  One of them was: All of the bathrooms were downstairs in the basement, and the Kindergarten and the Special Ed classrooms had bathrooms with sink and a toilet:  They added Grab bars in that bathroom and each time I needed to go, I would tell the teacher I needed to go:  I went in, did my business, and left.  I had my share of accidents, but was able to deal with most of them, and the nurse was available to me if I needed it.  I also had a bus come get me, and would bring me from my house, 3 or 4 houses above the school, to the back door of the school, and would deliver me in the classroom and sit me right at my desk - Then at 3, they would come in, pick me up, put me in the bus, and take me back home, then put me in a regular chair in the hallway of my house.  From there, I could then drop and crawl on my knees, which I did till I was like 12 -   I was a little guy, so they could just pick me up to move me from place to place when I was tired or it was not safe to walk.  They also put hand rails on both sides of the main stairs, so I always had something to grab onto and make my way up or down, and someone was assigned to help me to do that.  By the end of Grade 3, I was moved to another school, so they had educators that were better able to help me, although I missed my friends, I knew it was best for me to get more help with my education.

BTW: These "Core 4" People" are still friends with me, and even at our 25th Class Reunion, they were there to help me, making sure I got where everyone was, then allowing me to drink, and **THEY** drove me home, and made sure I was all set before leaving:  I spent the entire time with my friends, and they said they have my back - My class is AWESOME, and they always have my back! :D

@Babyspiderboy95

In What Year was this? (90's/2000's?)

While I believe that you may have had an accident and needed assistance in cleaning yourself up, I have difficulty believing that you were in 2nd grade and were basically stripped down and wiped down by 3 teachers, and redressed.  These Days, if you have a disability, and you need that type of help, of course they would do that, because they are trained to do that - meaning if there was a disabled person that wore diapers, they would change them in their school classroom's bathroom, or if someone needed help, they could help you, but as I remember, the staff would ask me if I needed help, and if I needed anything, then they would allow me to dress, and come into the bathroom to check on me.  Most 2nd graders can handle dressing and undressing themselves, and may need help in some things, like maybe shoes on/off, etc. But no one EVER laid me down and undressed me or dressed me unless I was in a hospital setting, and was unable to do it, and even then, My mom or a nurse would help me. 

As I said: Disabled individuals usually have trained aides that do that, (I did not) but even I dressed myself, and was checked to see if I needed anything........so I am skeptical......

@Dubious

Nowadays, Yes, you have to be EXTRA Careful with adults taking care of kids - There are so many strange things, and bad things that can happen.  If you are Male, you usually have male aides that help kids, and if there are little girls, female aides.  Even then, you still have to be careful.  If you are specifically trained to deal with someone's Activities of Daily Living - Dressing, Toileting, Showering, Diaper Changing, etc, you have a DUTY to make sure you do this in a professional manner, in a compassionate, caring way.  ANYTHING else, and you can get into serious trouble:  That is why, hopefully, people are monitoring these "aides."

@Babyspiderboy95

I think that some of this may be a dream, bud :) 

Take Care,

Brian

It was in 2002 actually, I remember it very well. And 2 aids helped me not 3. The third one stayed in the classroom to help the teacher look after the kids. If you don't believe me Fair enough, do with it what you will but that's my story and I thought it was worth sharing. I appreciate all the positive and negative feedback. I'm always interested to hear what people have to say. Plus I thought y'all would get a kick out of it. Thanks again!?

9 minutes ago, Babyspiderboy95 said:

It was in 2002 actually, I remember very well. And 2 aids helped me not 3. The third one stayed in the classroom to help the teacher look after the kids. If you don't believe me Fair enough, do with it what you will but that's my story and I thought it was worth sharing. I appreciate all the positive and negative feedback. I'm always interested to hear what people have to say. Plus I thought y'all would get a kick out of it. Thanks again!?

@Babyspiderboy95

2002: OK:  That gives me some context:  What I conveyed to you was my experiences as well.  Mine happened in the Late 70's when they basically had to "wing it" sometimes to help me get through school.  My first school was all stairs, and we Did NOT have the Americans with Disabilities Act back then, so they had to do everything on a "get it done" basis, so sometimes I was carried everywhere when I was younger.

I am not saying that you are not giving a truthful account of the facts:  far from it: It all depends on how you school dealt with kids having accidents/kids with disabilities: The way they did things back when I was young is different from the way they do them now:  When I moved to my new school, (1980-1987)  they had kids that had issues in a special classroom, designed and equipped to deal with multiple Handicapping Conditions, and what I think is that your classroom aides were trained to deal with the little kids, and young students: and your generation's teachers were trained to deal with this stuff.

Take Care,

Brian

12 minutes ago, ~Brian~ said:

@Babyspiderboy95

2002: OK:  That gives me some context:  What I conveyed to you was my experiences as well.  Mine happened in the Late 70's when they basically had to "wing it" sometimes to help me get through school.  My first school was all stairs, and we Did NOT have the Americans with Disabilities Act back then, so they had to do everything on a "get it done" basis, so sometimes I was carried everywhere when I was younger.

I am not saying that you are not giving a truthful account of the facts:  far from it: It all depends on how you school dealt with kids having accidents/kids with disabilities: The way they did things back when I was young is different from the way they do them now:  When I moved to my new school, (1980-1987)  they had kids that had issues in a special classroom, designed and equipped to deal with multiple Handicapping Conditions, and what I think is that your classroom aides were trained to deal with the little kids, and young students: and your generation's teachers were trained to deal with this stuff.

Take Care,

Brian

Well said.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Dubious said:

He didn't get diapered

Only changed clothes 

Like I said, I wish I got diapered. I also wish they gave me a diaper spank on the butt before diapering me.

• Like 1