LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Value of Landing Strip and Refastenable Tapes

I wanted to hear other people's thoughts about the landing strip and refastenable tapes.

Its a neat feature. I will use it to remove my diaper to poop in the toilet. 

Otherwise, I don't really refasten my diaper even after wearing it for 8+ hours.

Why else do people refasten the diaper? 

Do you refasten more regularly to get secure the diaper more as it gets wetter? 

Due to cost of the plastic outer diapers. I am stuck with the cheaper cloth outers and they all have the re fasten able already. I just wear plastic pants when home . I still am not comfy wearing plastic pants out in public. I have worn the nicer diapers with the landing strip. years ago when I was still working I could be choosey back then. I di like it. but not a must have for me. Maybe if somebody wanted to remove them for a little play time and put them back on.

I have never trusted the tapes so I use black electrical tape & wrap it around twice across all 4 diaper tapes. So I’m in the diaper until my next changing time.

Landing strips help me because a diaper often stretches a little bit when I put it on. It helps by allowing me to reposition the tapes to get a better fit.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, abdldan2 said:

Olympus, nice profile pic, GE engine fan from?

GE engine fan, model?

The engine is the PW 1100

I tend to wear different diapers instead of the same model regularly, and like to try every new diaper that comes out.  This means that for most diapers, I do not have a specific landmark that I can use to tell where I should normally tape it to ensure it fits. Thus there is a lot of trial and error when I first put the diaper on to make sure it fits the way I want it to.

In the past I used to use Bambino Bianco diapers regularly.  Even though on diapers like the Bianco without any consistent designs, I can usually tell where on the padding I usually put the tape on to ensure I had the best fit, especially after a few weeks of regular use.  On diapers that have a consistent design, it's fairly easy to figure out where to put the tapes once I get it fitted correctly the first time.  But right now the number of diapers where I know the best places to put the tapes is fairly limited to diapers I've used every week or two over the last few years, such as Bellissimos and Inspire+ InControls. Thus right now I get a lot of use out of the landing strips and the refastenable tapes.

On 5/6/2020 at 10:50 PM, incondl said:

I have never trusted the tapes so I use black electrical tape & wrap it around twice across all 4 diaper tapes. So I’m in the diaper until my next changing time.

I use duct tape, not cause I don't trust the tapes, but cause the diaper becomes loose over time and I like it tight 
I always wear something over the diaper, so even it it came lose it wouldn't fall off 

14 minutes ago, Dubious said:

I use duct tape, not cause I don't trust the tapes, but cause the diaper becomes loose over time and I like it tight 
I always wear something over the diaper, so even it it came lose it wouldn't fall off 

Have you tried diaper suspenders? They work very well.

3C0E36BB-B80D-4749-ABEB-0DC4271F1A05.jpeg

We have had issue with tape tabs on the diapers I wear. We have decided to try the total plus diapers with the landing strip, and see how well they work. 

One word of advice on Total Dry "Plus" diapers.  The landing strips are thinner than the upper levels of diapers they make and after the tape has been down on the landing strip for a while, with body heat warming them, they tend to set in pretty firmly.  I have torn the landing strip on many occasions when trying to remove a tape from a wet/messy Total Dry Plus diaper.  I tried some samples of their Overnight and X-Plus offerings and each model has progressively better landing zones.  The X-Plus has the thickest landing zone of all three models and there's no way I was able to tear it.  The tape adhesive may stick to it and peel off the tabs but the landing zones remain intact.

I'm on the last bag of my first case of Total Dry diapers, this batch being the "Plus" variety.  I just ordered my second case of diapers from Total Dry and this time I've chosen the Overnight diapers.  They have slightly higher capacity (2300 rather than 1500 mL) and they also have elastic gathers in the front and back waistband and a (slightly) thicker landing zone.  This was a compromise due to cost and quantity of diapers (or the per-unit price).  The case didn't cost much more but there are 72 diapers instead of 96 in the case.

9 hours ago, DL-Boy said:

One word of advice on Total Dry "Plus" diapers.  The landing strips are thinner than the upper levels of diapers they make and after the tape has been down on the landing strip for a while, with body heat warming them, they tend to set in pretty firmly.  I have torn the landing strip on many occasions when trying to remove a tape from a wet/messy Total Dry Plus diaper.  I tried some samples of their Overnight and X-Plus offerings and each model has progressively better landing zones.  The X-Plus has the thickest landing zone of all three models and there's no way I was able to tear it.  The tape adhesive may stick to it and peel off the tabs but the landing zones remain intact.

I'm on the last bag of my first case of Total Dry diapers, this batch being the "Plus" variety.  I just ordered my second case of diapers from Total Dry and this time I've chosen the Overnight diapers.  They have slightly higher capacity (2300 rather than 1500 mL) and they also have elastic gathers in the front and back waistband and a (slightly) thicker landing zone.  This was a compromise due to cost and quantity of diapers (or the per-unit price).  The case didn't cost much more but there are 72 diapers instead of 96 in the case.

Thank you for the heads up. I wear the small size diapers, and it looks like over nights do not come in my size. 

• 2 weeks later...

I rarely wear anymore but when I was and tried different brands, I tried a few ABDL-specific diapers even though I heavily prefer standard so-called incontinence brands.  I was very annoyed by the large tape zones.  It's way too stiff and takes away from the uniform feel of the front.  The look of it too, if you're looking at yourself or a photo of someone else, is also a bit of a turnoff.

My case of Total Dry Overnights that I got two weeks ago is probably going to be the last such diapers for at least the foreseeable future.  Due to cost per ounce (or cost per mL) of absorbency, I'm going with my tried and true plastic backed Abena L4 diapers even though they don't have built in landing zones.  They do have 2nd-chance tapes but I usually use the second chance to wrap up the wet or messy diaper once I take it off.  I have learned the optimum placement of the tapes, however so 2nd-chance really doesn't play into it anymore.  

My 5-week subscription order now consists of six bags of Abena Abri-Form Comfort (plastic) L4 diapers.  That is 72 diapers for five weeks (35 days), or two diapers per day for five weeks.  My overnight Abena usually lasts from 10:30-11:00 pm until around 2:00 pm, or around 15+ hours. The remaining 9 hours is usually divided between two of the lesser absorbency diapers, either Tranquility ATN, Total Dry Plus or Total Dry Overnight.  The Abena is hands-down at least twice as absorbent.  When wearing a pair of PUL pants over it with a microfiber terrycloth soaker insert in the crotch, I've rarely even noticed wetness around the leg openings, much less leaking onto the pad on my chair.

Also, the Abenas are only $1.22 per unit when I buy them on Amazon with the "Subscribe and Save", while buying six separate bags in five orders (five items required for maximum discount, quantity purchases are single item orders).  My six bags (2 cases) cost $88.14 with free shipping through Amazon Prime!

I guess I'm going to be able to try the total dry plus diapers. A couple weeks ago my wife was talking to her mom about these diapers. Well my mother in law called this morning, and she ordered a case for me. The case of the diapers got delievered yesterday evening, and she is going to bring them over in a couple of hours. 

I find the landing strip on my ABU Simples to be perfectly placed so that the lower tapes are way too high on the diaper.  This is perfect for getting pee out of my diaper and into my jeans...