LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wearing Diaper 24/7

Wearing diapers 24/7 really, really sucks ass.

Ok, it has been over 4 weeks since I decided to just go for it an wear diaper 24/7 for wetting. The novelty has looooong since worn off but I’m not calling it quits.

Wearing my Abena Abri-form X-plus are the most comfortable but because of the cost, I mostly wear cotton cloth diapers and plastic pants. Plastic pants are not very comfortable.

I really don’t like being wet most of the day. And its hard to sleep in on weekends because I completely saturate my nighttime diaper by about 6am and I need to change it. If I wear a thicker diaper, or more soaker strips, my legs and back hurt. I can’t sleep on my side anymore because the bulk is uncomfortable and I’ll probably leak.

No matter how many showers I take, I smell like urine. I’ve haven’t has intercourse in 4.5 weeks and I haven’t masturbated in 4 weeks. (I’m just not in the mood.)

I haven’t been able to spontaneously wet at night yet. I think I did once but I think I was sort of in control. During the day I go a lot easer since I consciously relax my muscles.

I did have one bowel accident at home a few days ago. I had some questionable food the evening before and what I thought was gas was diarrhea. By luck I was wearing an almost fresh Abena diaper. But even then my sweatpants were ruined. It is not an experience I want to repeat.

I’m beginning to realize that I must have a screw loose somewhere. Its not ‘fun’ anymore. It just ‘is’.

Sure, I can ‘go’ anytime and leaks don’t happen anymore but it sure isn’t convenient. It is a real pain.

Oh, I have a form of athlete’s foot/jock itch on my butt and legs. It’s a little itchy and very blotchy but not a problem. I just have to use foot spray twice a day.

Why did I want to do this again? Why am I still doing it? Part of me really wants to see if I can break my potty training. I think that’s the only think keeping me going at this point.

Oh, have I mentioned the cost? Disposable add up and cloth costs up front and takes time. I have to do laundry every day.

I’m having doubts that people who say they are “24/7” really are. My BS detector is much more sensitive now.

Yours,

FairfaxDL

Welcome to the not so fun side of diapers.

I have been stuck this way due to gunshot wounds received in 02.

That's why I try to warn people who say " I'm going to hypno myself 24/7 on purpose"

This is not the greatest thing in my life, I try to make it seem enjoyable to me so I don't go insane.

But trust me when I say Most incontinent people would trade almost anything to have bodyly control back.

I know I would :fish_h4h:

Sounds like your putting a lot of pressure on yourself. First thing I would sugest is relaxe. I went through the same emtions and thoughts. If your not realy incontent, then you don't have to use diapers, if you don't want to, remeber that. As for the cost, it's a matter of trial and error, before you find what works for you, I use a combination of pads and pull-ups, the pads are about 50 cents while the pull-ups are $1.50, so I spend about $3 a day, mabe less. I don't wear a night all the time, since in get's in the way of my sex life. I used to think i was cheating that way, then I thought, I'm doning this 'cause I want too, not have to. I've read and downloaded several ways to "train your self to be incontent", one said if I didn't follow a certian pattern, it would not work and one said once I lost control of number 1, number 2 would soon follow. So I figure, if it's a tempromental as these two "experts" claim, then I'm going to apply what works for me, and not worry about the rest. If going all out is what you realy want then great, but if not, don't be afraid to take it slow. I mean it's not like it's a contest or anything.

That's just my thought's, but what ever you do, I hope it works out for you.

Guest diamondback688

like hunter said, welcome to the sucky side of diapers....just out of curiosity, if the novelty has worn off and you dont like wearing diapers 24/7 anymore, why are you still trying to undue your potty training?

sorry to see you are not having a very good time with it , there may be a few things you can do that will help.

The rash on your bottom, is it incredably itchy, weeps and gets crusty & is mostly on the backs of your thighs? I got a compression rash from wearing one style of plastic pants, the elastics were too tight and thin. Try getting a bigger size or get comcos or Kins (i'm biased but Kins are the most comfy pants i've ever found). I was at wits end with diapers by the time i worked out why it was sooo much hassle.

Another thing, diapers, particularily thick diapers, do not wash out all that well, need to be washed twice occasionally in the hotest water you can manage. Don't over load the washer, they need to swishabout briskly, not be so many that they kinda shuffle about. Air dry in the sunshine if you can, try Oxyclean on 'em as well to help sterilize them.

Get pants that more than cover the diapers and pin the diapers up high, tight across your hips with lots to cover your navel & tummy, tuck the plastic pants down inside the waist of the diapers as well as inside the legs. Where the coverage is, is more important than how thick it is. Protect the bed, get a good mattress protector and cover that with a 1" cotton pad, keeps it cooler. Knowing the bed is safe is important when it comes to wetting in the night.

I've been 24/7 for going on four years and am happy i decided to do this, there *is* a learning curve and some tricks help a lot, like having some cranberry juice everyday or a handful of dried cranberries (like raisens, tastey*yum!) and clorophyl to keep the stinkies no so stinky. I wash diapers every day and don't use the potty at all and still manage to have a life.

Better luck with it & do try some different plastic pants... PPBear

like hunter said, welcome to the sucky side of diapers....just out of curiosity, if the novelty has worn off and you dont like wearing diapers 24/7 anymore, why are you still trying to undue your potty training?

:Crylol:

Exactly - I happen to have NEVER had any choice as far as diapers go, but if you do, and you are finding more bad points than good points about it, why continue using them 24/7?

I have no choice (even if I droped every other AB thing, 24/7 diapers would have to remain because of medical problems), but you do. Don't force yourself if there is no reason to, and it's no fun anymore...

It sounds like you are mentally hurting yourself and should get some help, if I'm off base just let me know, but just don't want you to go down a road where you might actually physically hurt yourself later. I don't know you personally, so I am only going off what it seems like to me from you post.

I certainly know I have a few screws loose, but at least I can reconize it and steer myself clear of danger, the most important thing is to ask people for help. I know when my friend broke up with his 3 year girlfriend, he went into a depression and didn't reach out for help. He took a bunch of pills, but is fine and is getting help. I don't believe that he actually was trying to kill himself as I know he takes many drugs to make him feel that everything is great in the world and believe that he thought that if he took enough everything would feel alright, but he ended up in the hospital as his body was just overloaded. So don't let this happen to yourself.

I know that taking a mood stabilizer has certainly helped and make me so I'm not depressed anymore. I think it is hard to be truly happy in this world, so I think we have to make the best of it and keep moving forward and always ask for help when you are having troubles doing it yourself.

Seriously though get out and do physical activities, it always helps get my mind off the bad and get aggresion out. I can lose myself in the music at the rave without taking drugs, you just have to be willing to let go and feel the great vibes that I usually feel at raves. You just have to figure out what makes you feel better about our situation here on our world. Maybe I'm getting to philosophical here though. I just hope it can change your life in some way for the better. I certianly don't want to get into a whole debate here, just let what I'm saying go through your head and if you disagree you are entitled to your opinion, but I don't feel the need to debate it. Just hoping to open your eyes in some way that you can make your situation better for yourself. If it doesn't just ignore this post as I'm in what I feel like is a good place for myself, but its not going to work for everyone and since I will not reply to a debate, I will probably read your post, but not reply to this one again.

Just ignore this post if you so feel this, but please do get help if you feel that you are harming yourself, nothing else matters.

:rolleyes: If your plastic pants are too hot and leaks, you can try ultraflex Hi-Back Pants from Fetware. I had the same problem 2 years ago. The Hi-Backs are cooler then other plastic pants, and they dont leak, but they are more noisy. You are not in mood for sex, I think you spend to much time thinking of diapers. I think most of us have had the same problem as you have. Some time we hate all the problems a diaperlover have. But anyway we love diapers. If everyone was diapered, we had no problems. :rolleyes:

I'm approaching a year of 24/7 now, and so far, I still feel good about it. I do still have a choice, but I'm not sure I wouldn't have an accident if I went back to regular undies. I still can hold my urine, but the accidents would be because I'm so used to just letting go when I feel my bladder getting full. I guess, I don't have the problems you do because I'm older, I live alone, and I don't have the sex thing to worry about. (if I want some strange, I just use the right hand). I'd been wetting and soiling my pants (on purpose) for nearly 50 years before I I made the decision to go 24/7 in diapers anyhow, so it was no big thing. I made the decision shortly after my wife and I split up. I can't say that I won't go back to being "potty trained" someday, but for now, I like myself as am.

SHIT.... After rereading my post I feel like a non supportave condescending fool.

STOP using 27/7. The purpose is to have fun not torture yourself (Unless your Masochistic then that is the whole purpose) What everyone else has said rings true. If you are trying to break yourself of the DL lifestyle then you are probably going down the right path.

On the other hand if you like your DL side then I feel you are doing irrepairable harm to your fetish/lifestyle choice.

I mean come on. If it's not fun then why do it?

The only thing I do that's not fun but I do anyway are my taxes. And thats only because I don't fancy a shootout with the I.R.S. when they come to confascate my gun collection for propertys owned.

Hell even death is not fun but we will all do it anyway, So I'm trying to find a way to make it fun :biker_h4h:

Anyway. Please read this and atleast think it over. We don't need or want a "Columbine" at the Pampers factory. :badmood:

Wearing diapers is uncomfortable but I do like peeing in them. That hasn’t changed. I still like the idea of just peeing whenever I want. And while wearing a wet diaper isn’t comfortable, I do enjoy the idea of knowing that I have a wet diaper in public and can and do pee whenever I want.

As must as it sucks, I still get a kick when I’m at the theater or a restaurant and I can just pee where I’m at.

A note on ultraflex pastic pants. I have used them but they don’t last long. They tear around the legs and then they really leak. While plastic pants are hot, the thing that annoys me the most is how they feel around my legs.

In the morning after all night in them I take a shower and I really don’t want to put another pair on. What I’ll so is wear Depends underwear since it is more like cloth. But they are only for a short period of time or one use. After that they WILL leak. So before that happened is back in cloth or a high quality Abena.

I don’t have sores or scabs on my skin. Its more like a blemish. It is just a form of athlete’s feet, it’s the same fungus. There is some dry itchy skin but its very small and it clears up in a day or 2 with the spray. It is brought on by the dampness and sweat.

No drugs. Not gonna happen. My mood is quite fine.

I do laundry every day and my cloth diapers are clean. It does take more than just one wash/rinse cycle. And the thick diapers do take a while to dry completely. I wash my plastic pants by hand and let them air dry completely.

For some reason I do want to get to a point where I feel I have to go and it just happens as well as wetting the bed. I’m hoping I can get there.

In a way, its sort of like a new hobby. Not always fun but overall enjoyable.

Its hard to explain. I guess I’m trying to say that being in diapers 24/7 isn’t as easy as people make it seem. There is more too it than just wearing a diaper every now and then.

FairfaxDL

I haven't replied to this thread yet because I've sort of been trying to understand it. The links to your other threads helped. I think I do get it now. You have always wanted to go DL, a fall at work in which you wet your pants (whether on purpose or by accident I'm not sure) was the catalyst that got you started, and now you still enjoy wetting your diaper, but you don't enjoy the discomfort and inconvenience afterward. Have I got it? Correct me anywhere I'm wrong.

What is your reasoning for cloth vs. disposables? For me it would be cost. I actually find that the higher-quality disposables are less likely to leak. (nice alliteration there?)

How is the fungus infection coming along? Please take care with that. My brother nearly lost his life when a fungal infection went internal and then turned to meningitis.

On washing the diapers, bleach can weaken fibers in cloth over time. If you only wet them and don't mess, I'm not sure bleach is necessary. You might try vinegar instead. And maybe your laundry detergent is too harsh for your skin. You might try another brand. I don't know if they still make brands specifically for diapers, like they used to, but a gentler brand is supposed to be easier on sensitive skin. Finally, back in the pre-disposable days, when all babies wore cloth diapers, they (the babies, not the diapers) sometimes needed to be aired out. They would be placed on a pad and allowed to just remain bare. An occasional airing out might be helpful to you.

Well a couple of years ago, I had a work accident which required surgery and I would have to go very often and I couldn’t hold myself as long as I used to. Around then I realized that I could exaggerate my symptoms a bit and then be able to wear diapers. (I’ve always been fascinated by them.) But that was short term.

The accident did make it so that I have to go a lot. But I do have control.

But ever since the accident, the idea of wearing diapers has just been a part of me all the time. And I do me all the time. Every day I would think about it. Well about a month ago I decided that there really wasn’t a reason that I couldn’t just “do it” and wear diapers. I was driving along and the it just hit me that I can wear diapers if I want to and that I could even use a recent slip and fall as an excuse. (The recent slip didn’t cause any problems.) The interesting thing is that just as I had this thought, I wet my pants and just peed a flood. It was spontaneous and I really liked it. I just felt good. Part of me was miffed that I wet the seat of my truck but I also didn’t care. One moment I didn’t have to go then I really had to go and I went. I really, really like peeing myself.

I do cloth because of cost. At night its cloth to prevent leaks. High quality disposable work very well but they cost about $2 per diaper.

I do enjoy wetting myself. But wearing diapers isn’t as easy as I thought it would be. That’s the basic gist of things.

The fungus was looked at by a dermatologist. It is the same fungus as athlete’s foot or jock itch. It is common and easy to treat. It developed because of the dampness and body sweat. It is just on my butt cheeks and my outer leg areas. It is clearing up. I just need to spray after every shower.

FairfaxDL

One of the things that can happen with plastic pants is an uncomfortable feeling around the legs from the elastic leg bands. You might want to try either SALK or Duro-Med waterproof pants. For one, they are made of coated nylon instead of vinyl and therefore, they are a lot more durable and shouldn't tear. Secondly, the leg and waist bands are covered in soft material, the Duro-Meds being the softer of the two. Duro-Meds also seem to fit higher around your waist but they are a little baggier too (Good for heavy cloth diapers). The main thing is both of these pants are quiet and strong because they are not made of vinyl but they are compleatly waterproof. They are also much more comfortable around the legs. Give them a try and see if you feel more comfortable.

I will tell you this much when it comes to wearing one all the time, it can suck.

i've been wearing for 5 years now 24/7 and some of the rashes i've gotten hurt.

also i'm almost broke because of it. i'm about to try for dissability because its affecting my work now.

but thats the problem with wearing them. and even though most people dont notice them there are a few that do.

so when you wear them its just what happens. when it comes down to it just ask someone who is REALLY incontinent and you will find out the truth and even learn some things that you may have wanted to know before you started to wear 24/7. and as for the masterbation thing your not going to want to do anything when you wear because of the heat from your body and the diaper KILL your sperm. it may actually make you sterile, it did me. so dont feel bad but its not a good thing or even a bad thing. it just depends on wheither or not you want kids. so be carefull on what you do.

smiles