LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Rosie And The Stone

Normally medical things in nature are a private sort of business. People are always having them, people go to clinics, hospitals and home again without ever a breath of a word about it. Its a personal thing and many, many reasons they should be. But sometimes something happens that is unexpected and is aided by others that do something above normal expectations.

On monday I had been at work, I felt a sharp pain in my left abdomen which spread into my back in horrendous wracking and non-stop searing stabbing from inside. I waited for my replacement to come in and I made it home in one piece to reach the third floor screaming in a horrible torment. As quickly as somewhat dangerously as we could make it, we got to the Sand Lake Regional Hospital E.R. and I checked into the waiting room.

This is wear the nightmare began. For 4 hours I sat in a wheel chair in the lobby. The stabbing pain never ceased to stop wracking my body in pain. I could not sit, stand, walk, lay on the floor (and I tried). For 4 non-stop hours I got sick until I finally sat back down in my wheel chair and passed out. When I woke up I felt well enough to pull off the bracelet and go home, I never saw the doctor.. no one in that E.R. cared that I screamed, moaned and cried for hours. 

What ever made the pain finally stop as I relaxed unconscious I was grateful for it. My night however was not all that well. I signed on to the internet to check on some scenes (yes even in death I'm a gaming geek), and I told **** and my friends something was wrong. I got a call from **** who said if I needed to go back to the E.R. and needed a ride he would take me.

My night was long, it was painful but it was tolerable with 800mg of Ibuprofen. **** went to work in the morning then the pain slammed my body again. I called ****. He proceeded to drive 30 - 40 minutes down I-4 to come and pick me up at my apartment. He called **** who gave him the location of an E.R. that wasn't as horridly busy as Sand lake and off we went. (THANK YOU).

I'll spare the long details, you don't need to read about how the car ride went or what we spoke about,  or how long we waited. The important thing is they cared and we got in. The extremely important thing to me was the fact that **** stayed with me by my side from room to room for over 8 hours at the E.R.

I do not know this man personally, I know him as another cammie and a fellow Gamer. I know him from games as a nice person. He stayed as they pumped me with an IV of multiple drugs until I could not stand on my own. He stayed in the recover room after the XRays and the Catscans. I passed out numerous times, he never left my side.

This man left his job to come pick up a fellow chapter member, took me to the E.R., never left my side and even as I slept for 2 hours in a boring cold room in my hospital bed, he never got up, not once.

I do not know how to say thank you enough to someone who did not want any money, and who did not want to leave until I had been seen. He picked me up, stayed close and took me home. That to me is why I believe some people deserve Above and Beyond Service.

And to give closure, it was a kidney stone. I never wish it on anyone.

Ouchies, that sounds horrendous! :wacko: Thankfully, it's not a pain I've ever experienced (although I know what it's like to pass out from extreme pain :crybaby: ) But I have a friend who has recurring kidney stones, so I've seen the hideousness of it first hand. Grizzly indeed.

I hope you're recovering well from the trauma? And what a fab guy! He sounds like the kind of support everyone could do with in a crisis.

Dolly

I had a similar experience last year as well, so I kind of know what you went through. The initial pain was so bad that it put me down for over an hour. The doctors confirmed what I had already suspected a few days later, kidney stone. Unfortunately, it took me over 3 months to finally pass that bugger. Very, very painful experience!

Glad you are alright Rosie and I salute your gaming friend for being there for you. Very inspirational! We don't often hear of such unselfish acts of kindness and compassion these days, but it really touches one's heart when we do. Now you have to "Pay if Forward!" ;)

it's hit and miss with the ER somtimes. Once I went in, waited about 4hrs to see someone, and they didn't belive I was sick (I had a lung infection and had trouble breathing), last time I went in, they seen me right away, and when I said I had somthing loged in my throught, they took my word for it. The bed side manner was much better the last time as well.

Sorry to hear about the stones. Never had 'em, but understand they can be pretty terible.

Just did Medical duty this weekend....picked up a gal I didn't know in event leader's truck, brought the gal to her husband....her legs weren't working after a fall.

Sounds like Sand Lake is a place to avoid....I noticed that they are changing the name, that's often a cue that something is wrong with a place.

Good luck, hope that is the last stone....

Dill Pickle