LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Why does the UK have semi-detached and terrace houses? Why aren’t all houses detached?

Here in the UK, some of our homes are semi-detached and terraced houses.

I’ve always found it peculiar why these types of houses exist: one structure but housing a few or more homes sort of like a weird version of apartments.

What is the advantage of building separate houses as one structure?

Why were they invented?

Why not build all houses detached?

Here in the US we have a version of semi-detached, called town houses, or in older homes they were called double block.

Double block houses were one very large house with a thick wall separating the homes, the rooms were usually a mirror image of each side, but not always identical.

Town houses are a little more modern, with the same concept as a double block,  the older double block homes were built to old style standards with town homes looking more modern.

We don't see new double block houses built anymore, they would be too costly,  most of the old double block houses were made into one house as they were remodeled.

The double block houses were cheaper to buy, because they were so dam big and expensive to heat, they were prime targets for younger buyers.

• Like 1

where I live a condo is the hardest home to sell. It's way too much like an apartment with at least one connecting wall. My dad lived in a condo that had several walls connecting with neighbors, the same size condo compared to a house, will sell for half the price. The value of a home is in having a home that you can safely live in and when you decide to sell yrs later in not selling it for thousands less than you paid for it.