LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Binary Stars (Complete!)

Hi everyone!  This is a short sci-fi story we wrote.  Only three chapters long.  We wanted this story to feel very “one or the other”, so we only use two colors to denote perspective.  Other characters don’t have their own color.  We hope this isn’t too confusing.  Enjoy! ^_^ 

Complete PDF and ePub versions are - as always - available on our Patreon, along with 44 chapters of a new story called Under New management that we have been working on.

------------------------------------------------------

Binary Stars
By Sophie & Pudding

Premise: Two people named Charlie arrive on a cargo ship at the same time, but their name is all they have in common.  After realizing that the ship’s manifest prepared for only one Charlie, the two conflicting personalities must quickly learn to live with each other.

Disclaimers: diapers, wetting, dark

Chapter One: Charlie

I didn't like space all that much.  It was scary!  One torpedo to the hull and voop!... we all freeze to death.  Even the thought of it brought tears to my eyes.  So maybe joining an AL9 cargo crew was a mistake...

The light faded around me and the transport room came into view.  Two techs in brown coats, with pulse-shields on their hips.  But they had nothing to worry about - I wasn't armed.  Or maybe they were worried about the other person on the transport pad: a young woman with long blonde hair.  She was dressed in the same on-board uniform everyone wore on the Parsell station.  I had hoped I'd seen the last of them...

"Name and moniker, please," the tech asked me.  Or maybe he asked her.  I stammered out my answer.

"Parsell, AT105. Charlie."

The woman beside me gave me a sharp look.  Almost angry.  Maybe I shouldn't have gone first...

"Parsell, AT242," she said with confidence, her arms crossed over her chest. "Also Charlie."

"You have the same name?" the tech asked.  I mean, he had every right to be surprised.  I was a guy; she was a girl. "Do you two know each other?"

"Uhh..." I looked at the other Charlie with an ounce of curiosity.  But I would remember someone like her: confident and capable.  She had a very powerful... aura. "N-no Sir.  Um.  The Parcell is a pretty big station, so..." And I was remarkably anti-social.

"Can we get down to brass tacks, please? I've got a duty roster to update, a training schedule to put together, and an Engineering team to whip into shape."

The technician looked at me, took a shallow breath in, and muttered something under his breath.

"What was that?" I asked, raising an eyebrow, and he shook his head, pretending like he didn't say anything at all. And that pissed me off! "That's what I thought you said. My file's all in order, so if you can just sign off and let me get to work."

"Actually," he said, looking up at me, and then at the shrimp beside me, "you two seem to have the same work assignment."

I blinked.

"Wait, what?  I... I'm not an officer.  I don't have training in... uh... people or..." I felt anxiety well up in my chest.  My fingertips started to pick at each other. "I think this is a misunderstanding..."

If it was a Council ship full of bureaucrats, we could stay in this transportation room for hours figuring it out.  But cargo ships didn't have a lot of time for misunderstandings.  Time was money.

"You're both cleared for Engineering," the other tech told us.

"...but..."

"Alright, I'm sure whatever pencil pusher on Epsilon was thinking when he assigned postings thought he knew what he was doing. Maybe you can scrub the power relays or something, I'm sure I can find a use for you."

"Actually, he's assigned for the same role as you—”

The technician began to correct me, and I sighed and pushed my glasses up the bridge of my nose. Glasses were something I could have had a correction done for, but I liked the air of superiority they gave me. And the lenses created a form of division between other people and myself, which made for a less approachable demeanor. I liked that.

"You manage the teleporters, Ensign…” I looked closer at his badge, "Rand. And try not to turn people inside-out. You let me worry about Engineering. C'mon, short stack."

"I... uh..."

Other Charlie left the transporter room and I hurried after her.  She wasn't that much taller than me... maybe three or four inches.  She didn't have to tease me like that.

"Obviously this is just a clerical mistake," I told her as she led the way around the ship like she knew where she was going.  She never stopped to look at a map even once! "Someone saw 'Charlie' on the manifest and just rolled us together.  But maybe if I talk to someone..."

"If it's a mistake, then they'll come for you and give you a proper assignment. Until then, you're assigned to Engineering and that means I own you. You can feel that, right? The warbling in the inertial dampeners? Whoever's been butchering the thrust vectors on this ship is gonna have to answer to me - maybe we can blow them out of the airlock, huh, short stack?"

He went whiter than he already was, and I ruffled his short pixie-cut hair.

"Oh my god, crewman, lighten up. I'm just fucking around."

"R-right... right..." She was a few steps ahead when I had the courage to follow.  I had no idea what she was talking about with the dampeners.  I wasn't that great at engineering or spaceships or even space in general.  Honestly, I wasn't that great at anything.  It was a miracle that the cargo ship even brought me aboard.

Maybe that was another clerical error, I thought self-depreciatively as I followed Other Charlie toward a security console.

"Um... we should change out of our uniforms.  It could get confusing..." Parcell station uniforms were blue and extremely obvious.  I didn't want to stand out any more than I needed to.

"That's true; you're wearing Command Insignia and I think you'd just about wet your pants if anybody asked you for orders, right? My quarters assignment is 18-22-E-L. Do you know yours?"

It should have been a simple question for him to say yes to, but he'd so far proven to be pretty damn helpless.

"I..."

I thought I knew it.  But maybe I didn't?  I bit my lip and looked away from Other Charlie.

"L-lemme check the console, to be sure."

The security consoles were pretty simple: they kept certain people out of certain areas.  They also had a registry of rooms in case you needed to find someone.  I searched my number and sure enough.

18-22-E-L.

"I guess they messed up my room, too..."

Well fuck. I sighed and pushed my glasses up, letting out a long and annoyed exhale to center myself. So this kid (with a baby face like his, I had my doubts he was even an adult) came in on my transport, got assigned to my job, and now thinks he's sharing a room with me?

"Someone in Epsilon fucking hates me, clearly. I bet it's the Admiral, lecherous old prick. Okay, fine, whatever, let's get to our room and get you out of the uniform before someone says 'hello' and you have a damn panic attack."

I wanted to tell her that wasn't very nice, or that she didn't need to act so callously, but I froze up at the sight of her.  Her energy was stifling; it was hard to stand up for anything, let alone myself.

She led me down the corridor to the lower decks in Section E.  All the while, I reminded myself that this could never happen on any other spaceship.  Cargo ships in particular used first names only and referential monikers.  This allowed some... less legitimate individuals to find work and travel.  A necessary evil in a near-utopia.  Without loopholes, things get knotted a little too easily.

"You have got to be kidding me."

He had barely come into the quarters, instead of just kind of stood there looking like a lost little puppy inside the door. It was bad enough that we only had the one bed, but worse than that...

"There's only a single allocation of replicator requisition."

Which meant only a fixed amount of items we could requisition, and that included uniforms. I looked him up and down. Shorter than me, yes, but a little softer, lither… he could probably wear most of what would fit me; they'd just look a bit bigger on him. And it would take weeks to get him reassigned to his own damn room, too, if he was even meant to be here...

"Sorry," I muttered.  I knew it wasn't my fault, but all this trouble I was causing her... it weighed heavily in my chest.  I looked down at my feet and played with my fingertips.  I should talk to someone... but who would I talk to?  What if they kicked me off the ship?  What if this Charlie was the only Charlie they wanted?  Oh, I didn't feel so well...

"It's not your fault they fucked up, short stack," I hoped, for his sake, it wasn’t his fault. I punched in a requisition for two uniforms for me, and one set of rank cuffs in Command and one in Ensign. I didn't know his rank, but it couldn't have been high - Ensign was generous, to be fair. The machine cabinet hummed, and I began to strip off out of my old uniform, only distracted by a faint cough from Charlie as he tried to avert his eyes.

"Get undressed, Ensign, we've got duty to attend to. I'm going to loan you a uniform but by this time tomorrow I want to see your report receipt about this error, understood? Maybe today you can show me why I ought to keep you around."

"I... uh..."

Other Charlie unzipped her shirt and pulled it off like I wasn't even in the room.  Beneath, she had a regulation sports bra in a light grey material.  Then she pulled down her pants and I spun around my heel.  My cheeks were on fire.  What was she thinking?!  There's a guy in the room with her!

"I... I can wait until you're done."

"No you can not, if you expect to stay in my Engineering, you will not ever think it's okay to take your time, to dally, to saunter, mosey, or anything else of the sort. Get your clothes off, Ensign, don't make me tell you again. Best we know, the Captain of this crate might just write you off and blow you into space, so it's best to keep your head down."

It was hard not to stare at her.  A pair of tight-fitting panties matched her bra.  Her body was thin and shaped.  Toned, maybe?  She seemed... strong.  I fumbled with my shirt, but I didn't take off my pants.  Maybe if she dressed first, she would leave and I could finish changing.

"Ensign, if I get done before you, I am going to dress you myself and I promise it will not be pretty."

Although he kind of was, in that androgynously chapstick kind of way. The little compartment went bing and lit up green to let the both of us know that the uniforms were ready. I slipped down out of my panties and kicked them off, then turned away to open the compartment.

Okay, I was officially out of my comfort zone.  I didn't want to strip naked in front of this woman!  And I didn't want to see my commanding officer naked from the waist down!  Or, I guess I sort of did, because my body reacted in a very... pleasing way.  But my mind raced with anxiety and shame.  Pervert.  Fuck, why am I such a pervert?!  I was struggling to keep my breathing even, and I still hadn't taken off my pants.

I pulled the pair of new uniform underpants up my thighs, followed by the tight fitting (and a little bit sexist) spandex pants that caught and outlined every single curve of my lower half. When I looked over my shoulder at Charlie, still there in his pants and gawking at me, I had to swallow a little bit of rage.

"If you're going to act like such a baby, Charlie, I'll make sure you're treated like one. Now hurry the fuck up and get those pants off."

I didn't want to disappoint her.  I didn't want to get kicked off this ship!  So I slid my pants down to my ankles and stepped out of them, covering the front of my underwear with my hands, both to hide my embarrassment and a struggling erection.

"C-can... y-you pass me... umm..." She was on the other side of the room with my uniform and it looked like I was about to break down into tears at any minute.

"Can I what?" I asked in annoyance, pulling the tight fitting top over my chest to peek my head thru, and when I looked at him all I could see was a whimpering little infant pretending to be a man. Ugh. Men. What the actual fuck?

I did my best to keep it cool and calm and collected, to understand that this young man was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. But he was jeopardizing my career, he was invading my room, I was sharing my uniform rations with him, and he was just... beyond useless. Like holy fuck. A painting might have accomplished more, by covering a blemish on the wall. So when I marched over to him, double step, it was to put my arms under his arms, pick him up, and yeet him into the bed in frustration.

"Can't you do anything yourself, Charlie?"

[Author notes:]
Sophie: You can’t use “yeet” as a verb in a sci-fi story
Pudding: It's adopted into the English Language by this time
Pudding: It's actually called a "Hyperspace Yeet" when you jump faster than light
[/notes]

I yelped in surprise as she threw me onto the bed, and I bounced just enough to hit my head on the headboard.  I raised my hands to rub the bump, forgetting about the straining underwear.

"Wow. Is this how you're going to be in my Engineering Deck, Charlie? Walking around with... what is that, half a boner?"

Some girls say size doesn't matter. Those girls don't work on rocket engines all day.

"You're really shameful, you know that?" It got worse, though, because when I went to strip him of his underwear to get him dressed, something very awful happened. He shivered, and groaned, and clutched the bedsheets... and shot his load right into his underwear.

My shame was overwhelming.  It pressed down on my heart and my brain.  It made every part of me ache, as each muscle in my body came down from the orgasm.  I hadn't meant to!  I... I don't know what happened!  She was just so forceful, and it had been a while, and then her fingers in the waistband of my underwear, and... and... and I started to cry.  To really cry.  Tears dripped down my cheeks and I sniffled like a child.

"I'm sorry... I... I didn't mean it... I'm sorry..."

"I don't really have room for babies in my crew, Charlie. I think I'm just gonna have to tell the Captain and let him deal with you."

Honestly, I was just done with this. The sobbing boy took my sleeve though and started to blubber, shaking his head and saying something or other about 'please don't'. But what was I supposed to do?

"I can't have you in Engineering, Charlie; you're going to make the women there uncomfortable if you're constantly pitching a tent, and then the moment one of them gets close to you, you just explode like an anti-matter reaction? I don't think I can salvage you, not unless..."

I could put him in an EVA suit? Right? But that would waste so fucking much of my requisition. Ideally he would wear my uniforms so I didn't have to waste them. But if he shot his load all over them they'd be wasted anyway, because I wasn't going to wear them after that. What he needed was some kind of... desensitizing, thickly layered, single use underwear…

I watched Charlie make her way over to the requisition box and type something in.  I sat on my knees, sobbing openly, in nothing but cum-soaked underwear.  I didn't know what I was going to do.  If she tattled, I'd be off this ship in a heartbeat.  Suddenly, there was no doubt in my mind that being here was a mistake.  I didn't belong.  No matter how many times I wiped my eyes, fresh tears filled them.

"Lay down. On your back." I barked at him, pointing firmly. Actually seeing him sobbing like that, whimpering, it was... well, I didn't want to say it was hot because I was still pretty pissed off at all of this, but there was definitely the early signs of a warp core breach in my loins. He laid down, he did what he was told, and I stood with my arms crossed waiting for the little bin light to go green. This would help. And if he said no, I'd make it part of his uniform.

I looked up at the ceiling and kept wiping away my tears.  Finally, as a tiny ding rang through the room, they were beginning to cease.  I felt so pathetic.  I felt so useless.  Maybe I was pathetic and useless.  Maybe I wasn't good for anything...

When I felt her fingers in my waistband again, I shivered.  A sexual feeling.  But my shame was too much right now.  Again, I had to apologize.

"S-sorry..."

"The only words I want to hear out of your mouth right now are ‘Yes Commander’ and nothing else. Am I clear, Charlie?"

I'd never done this before. I mean, I'd undressed boys before; I had a healthy sexual appetite for all the flavors of the gender rainbow. And it wasn't even the fact that his underwear were gummy with cum that annoyed me - it was his inability to control himself. With the garment on the bed, though, what I was about to dress him in, that wouldn't be a problem anymore.

I didn't have a choice, did I?  If I argued with her, she would tell the Captain.  I'd be off this ship before we left the dock.  And if I tried to fight her, she would yell at me again.  I'd cry again.  If I was a good boy, if I did what she said... maybe I could redeem myself.

"Y-yes Commander..."

I picked his legs up by his ankles and I lifted his ass up off the bed, sliding something soft and padded beneath his ass before I set his whole weight back down on it. Thick and desensitizing, that was the point. Absorbent, too. I pulled it between his legs, forcing his thighs apart, and I drew each side of the garment around to secure it in front. The nanite fasteners were programmed to my command ID, so they wouldn't let go without my say so. With one hand I rubbed on the front of the undergarment - the diaper, let's call it what it was - and nodded in satisfaction.

"This is officially part of your uniform now, Charlie, it's going to protect the crew from your impulses, and protect you from more... unpleasant accidents. And hopefully that means you won't have to leave the ship, okay?"

My tone had gotten softer - just a little, not entirely, but his responses would determine my demeanor.

I looked down at my waist - at the light purple diaper covering it - and felt a fresh heat on my cheeks.  I blushed so deeply I wasn't sure I'd ever stop blushing.  I opened my mouth to argue with Charlie, but she gave me a stern look.  A sharp glare.  A glare that reminded me of the first time I met her on the transporter platform.  I swallowed my words and looked away.  This was ridiculous...

"I asked you a question, Charlie." And he knew there was only going to be one appropriate answer too, because I gave him those words as the only ones he was allowed to use. The diaper was thicker than I'd thought, but I wanted him nicely desensitized, and this seemed to be what the computer had calculated for this need. With my uniform pants it was going to be really obvious what he was wearing. I guess I could requisition a uniform dress...

"Yes, Commander," I said so quietly that I was sure she didn't hear it.  But she patted me on the head and ran her fingers through my hair.

"That's a good boy."

A good boy.  I felt a heat in my chest, but it wasn't anxiety or fear.  It felt like... pride.  I looked up at her shyly as she walked away, toward the replicator. I took the moment to look down at the diaper.  Purple.  Thick.  And strangely infantile.  I wasn't a very big guy, and it made me feel even smaller.  Weaker.  Helpless.  A fresh blush came to my cheeks.

"You've been good and done what you've been ordered, so I'm going to splurge a little bit and help you with your dignity for when you meet the crew for the first time."

And you know, I shouldn't have really, because there was no way I was ever going to wear this uniform again, but Charlie was going to be in diapers until I trusted him not to be and that could have been a long time. Pragmatically, this made the most sense.

"Stand up." I had in my hands, a uniform dress. Similar in coloration and style to the uniforms for our division, the dress hem should have been just long enough to cover his diaper, and not bulge like the pants would.

I climbed to my feet shakily and looked up at Charlie.  For some reason, that three to four inch difference seemed a lot more important now.  But as she unfurled my new uniform and I saw what it was, my blushing cheeks went a stark white.

"I can't wear that!  That's a girl's uniform!" And not a 'women's' uniform, like Charlie's.  No, it was a uniform meant for underage female staff, who would often volunteer if their parents were on duty.  It looked good on ship-training applications.

I slapped his cheek. Not every ship allowed for corporal punishment, but I took my chances on this one based on the age of the vessel and unglamorous nature of the cargo. And also that Charlie wasn't man enough to speak up anyway, lest he be spaced from the airlock at the Captain’s behest.

"I told you, Charlie, you say 'Yes Commander' or nothing at all. I know your emotions are high right now, this is a new posting with lots of new stressors and adjustments, but I will not overlook further insubordination. Am I clear?"

Fresh tears welled up in my eyes and I nodded my head.  My cheek stung like a flame on my skin and it took all my willpower to hold back my tears.  I... I didn't have a choice.  I had to do what she said.

"Y-yes, Commander..."

There were a few problems when I pulled the dress over his bare chest. The first was a simple one of dress code: a uniform dress required a uniform hair bow. I'd have to replicate one of those, which was going to cost me even more requisition. The second issue, though, was that on his very flat chest, without the lines of even a sports bra, the dress just didn't sit quite right. More requisition. I sighed, pushing up my glasses.

"You're going to work your little diapered ass off when we get down to Engineering, Charlie. I better be able to say to my crew that they should be more like you, based on the quality of your work."

Hairbow. Bra. Shoes, too, ugh. What was he, about a Space Regulation 5? Same as me, at least, so those wouldn't be a waste, although the dress regulation for his uniform called for patent finish for the shoes.

Tears silently dripped down my cheeks as she clipped the red bow in my hair - matching my dress - and started to fit me with a padded training bra.  I wasn't a girl!  I wasn't!  But every moment of self-assurance was squashed by Charlie manhandling me.  In the end, after my feet were buckled in childish shoes, I looked every bit a girl by design.  Except for the fact I was very clearly a boy!

"Please," I begged softly, and I only managed to get that word out when she was pulling me out the door.  My face was still wet with tears.

"Ensign, you're going to meet your crew when we get down there. I don't want you to talk out of line. I don't want you to cause a fuss. I'll give you a duty assignment like everybody else, and you're to carry it out as prescribed and to the letter. Don't let anybody be given a reason not to like you, and you'll fit in just fine."

The pep talk was almost maternal in its nature, but I'd have given it to any of my recruits in the same circumstance. It was good for morale.

"First impressions mean more than years of service. Don't make waves."

As Charlie walked down the hall in her new uniform - a form-fitting red top and tight black pants - I followed behind with my eyes on the ground.  Maybe no one would notice me.  Maybe no one would guess I was a man!  But I knew the truth: I didn't look like a girl.  At the very best, I could hope to be mistaken for a teenage boy.

I shook my head.  I had to stop crying before we got to Engineering.  So I steeled myself and wiped all the water from my face.

• Like 5
12 hours ago, Pudding said:

I love this one so much :D

I also love this one!

12 hours ago, Sophie ♥ said:

[Author notes:]
Sophie: You can’t use “yeet” as a verb in a sci-fi story
Pudding: It's adopted into the English Language by this time
Pudding: It's actually called a "Hyperspace Yeet" when you jump faster than light
[/notes]

I’m with Pudding on this one!

Also will there be a sequel called non-binary stars??? Can’t help but love the tri-Star solar system The Kepler Space Telescope discovered.

18 hours ago, littleTomás said:

Also will there be a sequel called non-binary stars??? Can’t help but love the tri-Star solar system The Kepler Space Telescope discovered.

UM THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL IDEA! :o  Scifi + diapers + non-binary representation!  I'll add it to my ideas list!

Thank you guys for reading. ^_^❤️ 

Chapter Two: Other Charlie

Engineering wasn't a nice place even on the bigger ships, and when it came to women there were two sorts who lasted here: those who knew what they were worth, and those who did what they were told. Charlie and I fit those two bills pretty nicely. I established my command when we got there. I took up a pair of datapads and I handed out assignments; Charlie got to change the relay injectors in a bottom level tube - he'd be spending the rest of his duty shift on his knees in a tight little space, but even a five year old could have done that job. As for me, I had some egos to wrangle in.

I wasn't sure I had ever worked so hard in my life.  Sweat had soaked into my bangs and my uniform was covered in oil and grease.  I would have to wash it tonight, and hopefully it would be back by morning.

Luckily for me, I was mostly out of the public eye.  Charlie had sent me into cubby after cubby, so no one could tease me.  Or maybe that was wishful thinking.  Maybe it was just coincidence...

Near the end of my shift, I'd finished everything Charlie had ordered of me.  I returned to her, careful to avoid eye contact with any of the other crew members.

"Commander, um... may I be relieved?" The word relieved suddenly had a new meaning.  I had needed to use the restroom for a while and Engineering regulation stipulated crew had to drink a glass of water an hour to avoid dehydration.

"What? Ensign, your shift is for another hour."

I was halfway leaned into a crawlspace adjacent to the warp coils, and it made it perfectly clear just how suited I was for this job - I was no armchair commander. He looked at me, and bit his lip, and I thought about all the water he had been drinking. There's a thought…

"I think with all the extra man hours I have to put into you, Ensign, the least you can do is show me your productivity is higher than anybody else here. I think you can relieve yourself without it stopping your workflow, can't you?"

I looked at Charlie with shock.  She... what?  What was she... I shook my head and opened my mouth to argue.  But no words came out.  She smiled slyly at me and went back to work.  I stood there for a stupid moment and then returned to my position.  I could fix up one of these conductor units, I supposed...

But it wasn't even five minutes later than Charlie called attention to the crew.  Thank you for all the hard work, blah blah blah.  I pouted and wiggled in my tiny crawl space.  Then a sentence I didn't expect.

"Everyone, take a break.  We have some lemonade and orange slices."

Maybe I could pretend I didn't hear that...

"Ensign, I said everybody."

Charlie had really chosen to seal his own fate here by trying to hide away - my having to address him directly caused the rest of the crew to look in his direction - at the young man in the dress, trying to hide away in a crawl space. I banged a wrench on the railing adjacent to me and called to everybody.

"Let's move people, take a break like you're on a mission, let's go go go."

I shuffled uncomfortably to the front of the room.  People were watching me.  Whispering.  I grabbed the cup of lemonade with trembling hands and found a quiet corner to hide away in.

I couldn't drink this.  I was already shifting from foot to foot and I had another forty-five minutes until the end of my shift.  Why weren't there any plants down here in Engineering?  I could pour the lemonade in there or something...

I was a fan of working hard, and of making sure that my crew knew that they were both required to work hard and appreciated for doing so. I went from one man to another, giving them each a modicum of feedback on their work so far, and eventually I found my way to my little pet project, Charlie.

"Ensign, drink up. It's warm work down there in Tube 8U Alpha, isn't it?"

I gave Charlie a sour look.  I knew what she was doing!  She knew I had to pee.  But just because I was wearing a diaper didn't mean I was going to use it!

"Yes, Commander," I muttered and took a small sip of the lemonade.  I'd have to finish it before we went back to work...

"Excuse me, Commander?" Someone stepped between us.  A taller man, taller than Charlie.  I shrunk into my corner.  Maybe he didn't see me...

"What is it, Benzil?" It had taken less than half of my time here to learn the names of all of my crew members, and that always made it clear as day that I was in charge.

"There's a relay out on Deck 9, but it's EVA adjacent, and the protocol says we ought to be in dry dock for a repair like that, and—”

"Get to the point, crewman."

"Dallas and me can fix it in-flight, save 14% fuel burn over the course of the trip."

"Then do it?"

"It's against regulations, Commander, which is the—”

"You think you can do it, so fucking do it, crewman." Reckless? Sure. But it was going to look great on my record to have an efficiency boost so significant.  Maybe I could send Charlie with them, get that kid some hands on experience..

The tall man nodded in understanding, but he looked uneasy.  And he should!  That was against regulation for a reason: they could die...

"Um, Commander...?" Speaking up was always a mistake.  Why did I do that?  Stupid, stupid, stupid...

"What is it, Ensign?" Anybody else might have gotten venom for speaking up in a moment just following a direct order, but I had a bit of a soft spot for my soft boy here. Maybe that was a mistake.

"...I just... umm..." I looked up at Charlie, then at the tall man.  He looked down at me with a grin.  I could hear the laugh in his smile.  Laughing because I was a boy, wearing a girl's uniform?  Or because I was an adult, dressed like a child?  I felt my stomach knot up and my words catch in my throat.  Charlie's patience grew thin as she waited for me to talk, but I couldn't make myself speak.

"Would you like to go with them, Ensign? Get your hands dirty?"

It was Benzil who replied, though, his expression having drops from amusement into slight panic.

"Ah no need for that, Commander, Dallas an' Me can do it just fine. Too many chefs in the pot and all that, you know? 'Sides which, I'm sure the men down here don't wanna miss out on their eyecandy."

I would have busted his balls for that, but the way Charlie squirmed made it far too worth it.

"Get out of here, Benzil. You and Dallas have until duty ends. No over time or it's coming out of your shares."

Eyecandy.  I sunk further into my own self-depreciation and my eyes welled with tears.  And it didn't help that Charlie took no sympathy on me.

"Finish your drink and get back to work."

"...yes, Commander..."

How long would it take Charlie to piss his diaper? It would really only reinforce to me that I made the right choice putting him in one. I kind of liked that idea - a man stripped of his confident, of his machismo, of his bravado and bluster and left as a soft little bundle of vulnerability for me to possess. I watched Charlie for the rest of the duty cycle, waiting for a telltale sign that he'd done the deed. When we got back to our quarters after, I was going to have some fun.

It was the end of shift.  My head was swimming and I was struggling to think about anything than the diaper between my legs and my very full bladder.  I shuffled my way toward the front of the Engineering deck, when I saw something... unexpected.  A group of people.  Someone shouting.  Someone else running for the door.  It seemed... chaotic.  When I got closer, I saw that they were hovered around a screen.  Deck 9.  Six of the lights were blinking...

"It must be a sensor issue.” I shoved two of the workmen out of the way and tapped away at the screen, but no amount of refreshing changed the very clear result shown by the computer: there'd been a breach, two men in the sector missing to space, and number three coil relay completely blown out - causing the ship to rub against its own warp pocket field.

"Fucking fuck." I mashed my hand against the emergency shut off handle and slammed it down, dropping the ship from warp with such force that everybody on the deck - everybody but me who'd locked into the bulkhead handle, and little Charlie who I'd grabbed and held against me at the last minute - were thrown about the ship’s deck like ragdolls.

Maybe it was fear - or maybe it was shock - but suddenly the diaper between my legs grew warm.  My bladder emptied into the padding, filling it with an unfamiliar heat.  At first, I was scared.  I'd wet my dress!  Everyone would know!  But the diaper... kept me safe.  I really wanted to feel safe right now.

There was an echo of silence while I wet myself, but for reasons entirely different.  We were waiting for a report.  Just as I finished - maybe thirty long seconds of filling my diaper - a transmission came over the intercom.

"Benzil and Dallas were recovered.  Sensors were totally shot, but they're breathing.  Heading straight to Med Bay."

A collective sigh filled the Engineering room, from everyone but Charlie.  I looked at her nervously and bit my lip.

"They're okay, Commander..."

"I know they're okay," I hissed, although my anger was not at all aimed at my coercively assigned roommate, because there wasn't a damn person in Engineering who hadn't heard the conversation in the first place.

"They said they could do it, I trusted their abilities. It's not on me if were overconfident." I think maybe that justification was just my own rationalization, though. I needed a change of venue. I needed a topic change.

"Report to your quarters, Ensign Charlie. I'll be in my quarters." Nobody needed to know the two of them were the same place, and with what had just happened I needed to blow off some steam.

For the first time, what I had done in my diaper was important.  Walking to Engineering had been a chore, but now that the diaper was soaked through, I had to waddle after Charlie.  No matter how I tried to walk, I looked like a child.

I tried to think about something else.  I tried to think about Charlie's brazen attitude.  How she failed to follow protocol.  That even though the two Engineers survived, she had caused a ton of damage to the ship and had blasted us off course and off schedule.  But with every squishing step, I was drawn back to the state of my underwear.

As we both walked into our room - her first, and then me - I headed toward the bathroom.  I needed to change out of this thing...

"Don't even think about it."

I took him by the wrist and I pushed him down onto the bed, and then from there I got up on top of him and pinned him down by the wrists.

"You questioned me back there, Ensign. You questioned me in front of others, and that's not something a good boy does, is it?" I slapped his cheek, and then grabbed his wrist again. "Is it, Charlie? You're not being a good boy for me, are you? You're being bad, you're being a very bad little girl."

The slap to my cheek brought back a rush of horrible feelings.  Pain.  Sickness.  Anxiety.  And then her words.  Bad boy.  Tears welled up in my eyes and I tried to shake my head.  I didn't mean to question her, I just... I was trying to...

Wait... girl?  I looked up with tear-filled eyes in confusion.

"I'm... I'm not..."

"You're not a good boy, that's right. You had the chance to be my good boy, Charlie, and you weren't. You were a bad girl, a bad little girl, you wouldn't even wet your diaper when I told you to." I pressed my knee between his legs, and found at least what I suspected to be true by now - he was soaked.

"Maybe if you'd spent less time holding back your bladder and more time thinking about your fucking job, little mistakes wouldn't get made."

Bad girl.  New words that sunk me into myself.  Made me hate myself.  But it wasn't my fault!  She was the one that made the mistake!  I wanted to tell her off.  I wanted to tell her she was wrong!  But rather than words, the only thing that came from me was tears.

"That's right, Charlie, cry about it, cry about your mistakes." As I spoke, I pressed my knee further against the wetness of his diaper, up under his dress. Press in, release, press in, release. Tease. Diminish. Chastise. "You should have just wet your diaper, you should have been focusing, you should have been good, but you're a bad girl. And bad girls get punished, don't they? You want to be punished, right Charlie? So you can be a good girl?"

I nodded without thinking.  A good girl.  I wasn't a girl, but she kept saying it, and her knee pushed between my legs, and the feelings... the squish against my crotch, the growing erection, her words like syrup in my ears.  After a few minutes, my breaths were airy and uneven.

"You have to say it, Charlie," I grinded my knee against his diaper. I kept him pinned down. I wanted to mark him. I wanted to change him. I wanted to destroy him, and take out all my anger at what had happened on him. I would possess him, defile him, own him.

"Say you're a bad girl, say you want to be punished. Tell me how much you want to be a good girl." He was probably a virgin, pathetic little thing. I was going to make him mine. I was going to make him need me, like the ship needed me.

Her hand lifted off my wrist, but I didn't move my hand.  I didn't fight her off.  Charlie's hand slid down my dress, until she touched my bare thigh.  Then, her long fingers traced their way under my dress.  I expected the sensual touch on my cock, but that's not what I got.  A soft squish of the wet diaper against my crotch.  My head swirled with strange feelings...

"I'm....... a bad girl...." The words felt automatic, slipping through my lips like water through fingers. "I want... to be punished..."

"You want to be a good girl?" I gently caressed the soaking wet padding between his legs. Him? Barely a him. I'd seen what he had; he'd be better as a girl. Better as eyecandy, that's what he'd been called, right? He just needed to forget this illusion. I rubbed him, like a girl, not stroking like a boy. Men got stroked. They got to fuck, to own, to penetrate. Not Charlie.

"...y-yes, Commander..."

I knew this was wrong.  Everything she said, everything she did, every way she touched me.  It was all wrong!  But the way she spoke to me, and the way her fingers pushed the soaked padding between my legs... I didn't want to be right anymore.  I just wanted to do everything she said.

"Say it, you slut." I made sure my little Charlie felt every bit the slut too, because I went to town with my rubbing. My ministrations were the expertly dexterous motions of someone who spent her whole life working with her hands.

“I… I wanna be a good girl!" ...did I say that too loud?  What if someone heard?  Was anyone listening through the walls?  Or what about a communicator left on in the room?  She could be broadcasting me to the entire ship, for all I knew.  But was it really so surprising?  Everyone already thought I was a pervert in a little girl's dress.  They already knew how helpless I was, in my piss-soaked diaper.  Why would I fight it...?

"Good!" I rubbed. He squirmed. I leaned in close enough to breathe on his neck and I sunk my teeth in, too. A childish little bitch like Charlie would have a hickey, would need to use makeup to cover it up, would wiggle and primp and prance for the attention of the boys.

Her teeth sunk deep into me and she sucked on my neck.  But to me, she might as well have been sucking my dick.  Her hand pressed against my diaper and I trembled and shook in her embrace.  I let out a loud, whining moan as I filled my diaper with a whole new wetness.  She took her teeth off me and I laid there on the bed, sweating and shaking, lost in the pleasure of the orgasm.

"I own you, Charlie." I got up off the bed, off the top of him, and stripped out of my uniform, one piece at a time, right in front of him. "I'm going to shower, you don't move a fucking muscle from that bed or I'll spank your ass so hard you won't even be able to crawl down those tubes you spent today in."

I liked it when he watched me, I liked it when he needed me. Wanted me. I liked reminding him that he couldn't have me, but I could have him. Fuck this ship. Fuck stupid incompetent crewman. Fuck Ensign Charlie. Maybe I would, after my shower. My head was a mess.

After the orgasm washed away, I was left with nothing but shame.  Disgust.  Self-depreciation.  What was wrong with me?  Why was I so pathetic?  Easy to manipulate?  Weak?  I should get up.  I should defy her!  Fight her!  Maybe go into that shower right now and boss her around!  But all those flights of fancy were pointless.  There was no hope for me.  So I did what any good girl does: I obeyed my owner.

I had messages from the command staff: I could see the little envelope at the bottom right of the bathroom mirror blinking when I stepped out of the shower. I should have read them too, I knew that I should have. But what were they going to say? Hey some bootlickers from Engineering got cocky and did a job they shouldn't have, and now you have to answer for their dickbaggery? I threw the towel over the mirror so I couldn't see it, and I went back to my quarters where my prize was still laying in my bed. In a dress. In a piss soaked diaper that he wore for me, soaked in cum that he spilled for me, with his sweaty hair messed up and adorned in a hairbow that I put on him. I couldn't control everybody, but I could control him, and that was a good start.

"I don't know how you ever thought you were a man, Charlie."

Her words stung.  But I didn't argue.  I didn't fight.  I didn't even move.  I laid there, where she left me, looking up at her with shame-filled eyes and burning red cheeks.  I wanted to change out of this wet diaper, but I didn't dare ask.

"I want you to write lines. On the datapad. I want you to write one hundred times 'I'm a good girl, now, and I belong to my Commander Charlie'. Once you've done that, I'll change your diaper. You wear diapers now. Diapers and dresses and whatever the hell I want you to wear. Maybe we'll get you a collar, so the whole crew knows I own you, won't that be a trip?"

Clearly, I was unraveling. But only a little. The sound of another message - priority one - chirped from the nearest datapad.

I looked down at the flashing icon on the data pad with red cheeks.

"...are you sure you—”

"Write."

I nodded in understanding and started to write with my finger.  Archaic.  And my handwriting already looked like that of a child's, since no one did hand-written things anymore.  I am a good girl now, and I belong to my Commander Charlie.  Over and over, ignoring the blinking envelope in the corner.

It was inevitable that there would be a knock on the door; a loud rapping. Thump thump thump. I ignored it once, and twice, I tried a third time and heard the loud chirp of an override code being entered. Still wrapped in a towel, I beat them to the door before it could open.  I stood in the doorway face to face with the ship’s First Officer. Er...old? Erand?

"Sir," I nodded, and his expressed darkened.

"Why haven't you responded to the Captains communications?"

"I was showering."

"Two men are severely injured, and lucky to be alive. There's an inquest—”

"Is there? Does the inquest show that they were performing an unregulated repair?"

"By your authorization!" The crinkles at the corners of his eyes seemed to darken, like this conversation was aging him.

"Yes, it was my mistake to trust that this ship would have a component and capable crew."

"You realize the severity of this situation, don't you?"

"You realize that without me, we're going to be adrift for weeks? There's going to be many more risky repairs before we're going to be able to jump again, and I'm the only one on this tub qualified to get them—”

"Are you fraternizing with a junior crewman?!"

Oh. So he finally saw Charlie, huh? I rolled my eyes. The concept of consequence seemed entirely lost on me.

Oh jeeze...

"I'm a consenting adult, actually," I interjected, before this got any worse than it needed to be. "This is sort of, uh... dress up?" The heat from my cheeks could probably power the ship at this point. "And this is my room, so it’s not fraternizing.  You can check the manifest."

The first officer seemed... skeptical.  But hey, I would be too.

"Whatever you two ladies do in your free time is inconsequential," the first officer recovered, although with less bluster than before, "but when the Captain is attempting to reach you regarding an inquest, you drop everything and respond. Be on the command deck in fifteen, or be in the airlock for an expedited release in twenty."

I slammed the door closed with the button once he left, and took a deep breath.

"Threatening to put me in the airlock was kind of a lame thing for him to do, huh princess?"

The irony wasn't lost on me.

"I think you're in trouble, Commander," I said quietly, under my breath.  Honestly, I had seen this coming from a light year away.  I mitigated it wherever I could, but the evidence was piling up against her.  How was she a commanding officer?  She had no restraint...

"I think you're too cute to be doing any thinking, Ensign. Good girls don't think, they put their diapered ass in the air and hope for the best from their Commander." I smirked, and Charlie blushed and looked away. I knew there was more on his mind, there had to be, but I figured by now he was too scared to speak up.

"It's fine. I'll go answer some questions, they'll tell me I should follow more procedures. I’ll tell them that the laws of the universe are immutable but mechanics tend to be a lot more random. Command Class are pencil pushers, Charlie, they don't know fuck all about how all this actually works. They're soft, like you, but a lot less pretty."

I watched Charlie change into her uniform - a fresh uniform - and use most of her remaining requisition points.  I had finished my 100 lines a few minutes before, but I was still working up the courage to ask:

"C-can I... um, please change out of this diaper?  I... I really need to shower..."

"Well that depends, Charlie. If you want to change and shower, you can, but it means I'm going to fuck you in the ass when I get back. Or you can sit in your princess shame for a while and put off the inevitable for another day." I checked my hair in front of the mirror and sighed.

I watched Charlie leave the room and let out a sigh.  What was I supposed to do?  I had been sitting in a wet diaper for the better part of an hour and I really wanted to shower.  But if I did, then she would...

I blushed deeply at the mere thought of it.

But would it really be so bad?  Her inside me?  Calling me her good little girl.  Biting my neck.  Maybe kissing me.  And keeping me safe in her bed every night.  For everything Charlie wasn't, there were two wonderful things Charlie was.

I got up and went to the bathroom and lifted my dress.  The diaper around my hips was soaked through and bunched together, after Charlie had her time with it.  Or I guess, after Charlie had his time with it.  Was I actually into this?  Did I want to wear diapers for her?  Or did I just want to do anything for her?

I tugged at the tapes, but... they didn't budge.  Huh?  I pulled harder.  No luck.  Was I... was I stuck in this thing?!  I balled my fists at my side and stomped on the floor, causing the towel to slip off the mirror.

There, looking back at me... was me.  A short, thin boy with side-swept blonde hair.  But I was wearing a little girl dress.  And it suited me...

The little icon blinked in the corner of the mirror.  A message.  Well, it couldn't hurt to read, right?

-----------------------

Thanks for reading. ^_^  Like & Comment and check us out on Patreon!

• Like 3

Chapter Three: A Final Charlie

"Please, take a seat Charlie."

The Captain was a younger man on the age range of the role; he might have been late 30's if I had to guess. I thought I knew his name, but at the same time the thought of it seemed utterly... unimportant. Like I simply didn't care. And that was weird, wasn't it? Shouldn't I care? The thought slipped away as I sat down and put my feet up on the edge of the Captains desk. He wasn't the only one here, either - I recognized two medical shirts, and a number of security. Jesus fuck, it was a bad call, alright?

"Listen, Captain, I obviously overestimated—”

"Charlie, it's important that you're quiet now. Just listen, please."

His words were... uneven. Afraid? Was he afraid of me? That made no fucking sense. But I guess the Command Class were known for their soft skinned nature.

"How much do you remember about getting on this ship, Charlie?"

"Uh. Enough? That's a weird question to ask when you're trying to bust my ass over some—”

"Charlie. Just listen. There was a situation with the transporter when you arrived. Let, uh, Officer Cadman, if you would..."

I wasn't amused. I was actually balling up my fists as I listened to the Captain go on about this nonsense shit, and I wasn't oblivious to the fact the security staff had powdered on their pistols when I did. The white-shirted doctor held his pad and flicked the data to the display on the wall, showing a single bio-pattern split off into two.

"You were split, into two halves, equal and opposite. One half of you compliant, compassionate, timid, thoughtful... and the other half of you impulsive, brash, aggressive, confident..."

"Wait!" I barged into the captain's room, or... waddled may have been a better term.  The captain looked up at me, and the medical officers, and then Charlie.  Other Charlie.  Oh jeeze...

My cheeks went red at the sight of her.  All the things we did together.  All the things she said to me.  And she was just... another part of me?  I looked at the Captain for confirmation.

"Is... is it true...?"

"There is no fucking way that's true. I'm me, I'm my own damn person. He's just... some lost little stray who needed a Mommy figure. This is a joke, and you can't just fuck with people like this." I stood up and kicked the chair back, and heard the whine of pistols as the Captain raised his hands to try and calm me.

"Charlie, listen to me. You're incomplete, you both are. You're both parts of the same person, the same... highly recommended Engineer. The kind of officer who doesn't make mistakes, like sending two men to almost die. Who doesn't get pushed around by another officer, or write lines on a datapad."

"You're lying!” I screamed. “You're fucking FULL OF IT!"

"I dunno," I said quietly, more to myself than to the room. "Maybe it's true..."

"Of course you'd think that! I’m the best thing that's ever happened to you."

I nodded in agreement. "Yeah.  You are.  And if I could... if I could have told you not to send those men out, or I could have stopped you from ignoring your messages, maybe I would have been good for you, too, right?" But I didn't.  Why was I always so useless?  Because I didn't have her?  Was she my usefulness?  Was she my... self-respect?

"You're trying to cut me down because I don't second guess myself? Is that was this is? Some patriarchy shit? YES I HEAR YOUR LASERS get your fingers off the triggers and show some damn discipline you bunch of armored asshats!”

The Captain took a deep breath and flexed his fingers before speaking:

"A good officer is both instinct and restraint. Judgement and reason. Duty and compassion. Means and end. You're both missing one half of the equation, you're perfect for each other because you are each other. There's a fleet vessel en route that's going to figure out what happened here, to put you back together, but until then I need to know that you're not going to be a danger. Do I need to restrict the two of you to quarters?" He coughed. "Separate quarters?"

"No!  I... um." I looked at Charlie with a blush and then down at my feet.  I thought... I thought I might love her.  Did that mean... I loved myself?  Wow, that sure felt like a foreign concept...

"I'm sorry... that I'm not good enough for you.  I know I'm not... I just don't want you to get in trouble again..." I pulled at my fingers and tears filled my eyes.

"See what you're doing? Is this what you wanted?" Lasers or not, I closed the distance between myself and Charlie, and I put my arms around the dress-clad boy, holding him close to me. Wow that hickey was beautiful. I felt pride. Honestly, everything I seemed to do was for pride, or desire, or impulse. And I ran my fingers through his short pixie cut and took a deep breath, inhaling his scent.  “They’re lying…”

"Would it be so bad?" I whispered to her.  I could feel the tenseness in her body begin to falter.  I looked up into Charlie's eyes with a small stupid smile. "I mean.  If it means I get to be with you forever, then... then I sort of like the idea.  Us, as one person..."

"I don't want to disappear, I don't want to be nobody, I don't want to go away. I..." I was shaking. He was holding me. It felt wrong for it to be this way, for me to be the one freaking out over something, for Charlie the soft little sissy boy to be the one calm and composed. What the fuck was this.

"You won't go anywhere... I promise, you won't." I looked up at Charlie as tears dripped down my cheeks, and she looked down at me with a mixture of surprise and fear.  But no sadness.  I must have all the sadness...

"Why can't we stay this way?"

Like someone here had the answers. Like somewhere here could tell me. I kind of knew, though, in a way: there was an original complete version of us, and that person was functionally dead. Justice was something I could feel. Righteous indignation. Passionate banner waving. We weren't meant to exist. He was sad. I was afraid. I couldn't look past the questions. What would it feel like? Would it hurt? Would I exist, in a void, inside this other person’s head? Would I ever see my pretty little other half again? It was agony…

I looked at the Captain with a nervous smile and then down at my feet.  I was still wearing the junior's dress and a very wet diaper.  Honestly, this is not how I wanted my Captain to see me...

"Are you sure about this?"

He nodded. "The manifest only had one Charlie."

"What about our monikers?  We had different monikers."

"Neither checked out.  The correct moniker for Charlie was Parsell, AT347, which you would get if you added the two of yours together."

I bit my lip and nodded my head. "Were we... uh, is Charlie... a boy?  Or a girl?"

The captain shrugged awkwardly. "I don't know."

"Do we wear glasses?" She did.  I didn't.  Again, the captain shrugged.

We didn't know who we were. We didn't know if we were a boy or a girl, we didn't know if we wore glasses, we didn't know if we were dominant or submissive. We knew that we were good in Engineering - that we were hired on to this ship. That our name was Charlie. Everything else, though... it was all a great unknown.

"Do we have to wait? For the fleet ship?" I thought about that. About the single day we'd been alive, the single day we'd lived and loved, the single day in the walls of this ship. I didn't want it to be diluted by dread. “Just try it now.  Try to fix it now!”

"That's... a really bad idea." I sighed and rubbed my head.  This is why we couldn't stay the way we were.  I would never have the courage to do anything, she she'd get herself killed with her courage.  Ugh...

"We should wait for the ship," I told Charlie.  But I think we both knew that I wouldn't push her.  If she wanted to do it now, we'd do it now.

I began to shake my head, and a different voice spoke up.

"Neither of you understand the right thing to do, because neither of you can visualize the entire picture."

That was the other white shirt; I recognized her badge as 'emotional sciences'; she was a shrink and I hated her on sight. I hated everything she said.  But she kept talking anyway:

"If the very decision as to your basic existence is so challenging, can you imagine the rigmarole of the day to day? Where every question has two answers, and both of you are wrong?"

Rationally, I knew what she meant.  I couldn't be right, and neither could Charlie.  There was no right answer between the two of us.

"I want to be one person again," I told Charlie in all seriousness.  But the difference was: between the two of us, I had nothing to lose.  Allowing her confidence and passion into my life would uplift me.  But to her... I would only drag her down.  I wiped the tears from my eyes.

I could do any job on this ship without Charlie. I could do anything. Except... I couldn't feel love, could I? I could feel passion. I could feel lust. But the way my other half looked at me, the way he needed me, the way he'd do anything for me... I could never give him that, and I guess that was why I relented.

"I want to be sedated. I want to say goodbye now. I don't want to live for days or weeks while we wait, knowing we have a time limit, learning to get on each others nerves, going stir crazy. I want to be sedated, put to sleep. Wake up... as whoever we were, I guess..."

I was really good at everything. Especially, as it turned out, being a coward.

"I'll watch over you?" I smiled shyly and looked down at my feet.

"I'd like that," I said to Charlie, and kissed him on the forehead.

It took ten days.  Ten days for a ship to arrive.  Ten days to figure out what was going on.  Ten days to solve the problem and come up with a solution.

More importantly, it took ten days for me to build up the courage.  My final act of courage, all on my own, and I wanted it to be for something special.

Charlie and I were loaded into a weird machine in the transporter room.  I sat next to her as she slept.  They promised this would work, so... it had to, right?

Either way, this was my last minute as me, and her last minute as her.  There was no better time.  I leaned down over her bed and kissed her once on the lips just as the light swirled around us.  She didn't wake up and I didn't go to sleep, but somehow, we found our way home together.

[End.]

-----------------------

Thanks for reading. ^_^  Like & Comment!  PDFs and ePubs are available on Patreon!

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, trans-baby-girl-shea said:

Loved the story.  Really did. Would have liked to see how they turned out. 

Pudding and I both have very different ideas as to how they would turn out!  So we decided to leave it ambiguous, so each of us can be right. ^_^ 

1 hour ago, Samriis said:

I love sci fi.  The world of infinite possibility... it's a shame that more don't write in the genre.   And thank you again for a great story.

Im working on a scifi piece right now mhm

• Thanks 1