LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My Attempted Diaper Weekend

I tried to do something a bit different this weekend and wear diapers for as much of it as I could. Usually I wait for my wife to go to work then put on one diaper. I never actually change this diaper if it starts leaking I usually just put another on over it.

So I found that I needed to change after about 4 hours, that was with two soakers. I put on one with one soaker and found it needed to be changed in about 3 hours. I was probably drinking way more water then I usually do from getting over a cold.

Anyway I had a plan to try the pull up style diapers for when my wife got home, I didn't want her to know I was wearing when she was around, she doesn't really like it.

We were watching saturday night live and I had to go, I tried to control it without flooding but once I started I couldn't stop, I looked down and saw a big wet spot on my jeans right in front of my crouch. Luckily my wife didn't notice. She went on to bed and I kept watching the show and I had to go a second time, yet again I couldn't seem to stop it once it started. The pull ups proved to be completely useless and my jeans and the chair got wet.

I got rid of that diaper before going to bed and decided against wearing one to sleep, I've tried wearing one to bed before and they don't work to well for me laying down, just seems to run out the sides.

Now its morning and I am back in a regular diaper.

My first thoughts are for all people who wish to be incontinet, or want to wear 24/7 YOUR CRAZY. Having to deal with leaky diapers everyday, and the cost alone would be crazy. I think that during the day I would wear about 5 or 6 diapers, the diapers I buy are 10 dollars for 16.

Anyway I'm going to try to go all day today without the bathroom.

Whats that saying?? You get what you pay for?? Maybe if you tried some better diapers you would find out that you leak less. I have yet to leak in my diapers and I have wet more than 4 times in them and have worn them for several hours. I'm sure its easier for us girls, esp at night, but I'm sure there are a lot of boys out there that do not have a problem leaking esp with a good diaper. I wear abena x plus and still have yet to leak.... another good thing to try is stuffers, like using acutal pampers...that helps hold more.

However, I do agree, that I could or do not wish to be incont nor wish to wear 24/7, no matter if I leak or didn't leak, its just my preference. And I personally don't understand why anyone would want to be incont.....

Whats that saying?? You get what you pay for?? Maybe if you tried some better diapers you would find out that you leak less. I have yet to leak in my diapers and I have wet more than 4 times in them and have worn them for several hours. I'm sure its easier for us girls, esp at night, but I'm sure there are a lot of boys out there that do not have a problem leaking esp with a good diaper. I wear abena x plus and still have yet to leak.... another good thing to try is stuffers, like using acutal pampers...that helps hold more.

However, I do agree, that I could or do not wish to be incont nor wish to wear 24/7, no matter if I leak or didn't leak, its just my preference. And I personally don't understand why anyone would want to be incont.....

I've essentially had a diaper weekend myself. However I've been using great diapers. Like diaperwearntigger I use abena x plus, and I've never had them leak. I've also used attends and they work reasonably well you just have to change more often, 4-5times a day. With abena, I usually change twice; three times If I'm wearing to bed.

I agree with both of you its fun to diaper up for a couple days, but nice to be able to not have to rely on them. After wearing some of the American products, depends, tranquility,walgreens,... I'm surprised that incontinent people haven't revolted against the diaper companies, or started a letter writing campaign. The general quality of American adult diapers is horrible. I for one will probably stick with the European diapers.

It takes some practice, and some experimenting. As for "american diapers" I guess you use what you have. For the record I'm Canadian, what do you know eh. If your new to the lifestyle, or don't want those types of packages coming in the mail, then you get what's avalible. I've found a combination of attends, and extra pads stops leaks, or at least puts them off for a reasonable time. I'm still new, and there may be better combinations, or products out there, but this seems to work for me. :thumbsup:

After wearing some of the American products, depends, tranquility,walgreens,... I'm surprised that incontinent people haven't revolted against the diaper companies, or started a letter writing campaign. The general quality of American adult diapers is horrible. I for one will probably stick with the European diapers.

I keep reading that from time to time....

I just don't get it, that's what I have been using for years, and I haven't had that much of a problem (well, mostly Depends because of the availablity, no "store bands" ever). Yest I have had them leak on me before, but not that often, so I just don't understand what could I posabely be doing differant from everyone else?

Anyway, I would NEVER suggest a pullup diaper to anyone myself - that is because I have tried a few of them and never had any luck with them at all. However, on the flip side of the coin - even the best, most absorbant diaper in the world is only doing to hold so much - so don't over fill them and you should be fine.....

Being incontinent I find that due to ceaseless Nappy changes I do not drink a lot (in fact hardly anything) during the day so as to minimise the amount of Nappy changes required. :badmood:

But I do make up for it late in the evening when I have a few cups of tea or something a little stronger as this will inevitable leak out during my sleep and thats where having a good quality Nappy comes in, if you wrap yourself up in a good quality Nappy there is no reason why you should suffer any leaks at all.

I have measured the amout I leak during the night and it is usually an average of 1 Litre, and with that I hardly ever get any leaks. :thumbsup:

I just have to get on a manage it! :groupwave:

These are not negative vibes, just reality and I am not moaning as it is so pleasureable to wake in the morning with a hot soaked Nappy. :thumbsup:

I would think that its your diapers, not so much you.... I use to wear depends when I was first into the scene and I had problems leaking. When I switched to Attends, I didn't have that much trouble with leaking, but then Attends changed their stuffing and I looked for something new and thats when I found Abenas x plus. I have been wearing that kind of brand close to 3 years now, and have yet to leak.

I know that some of the 'good' diapers are more expensive, however, you don't leak, and you don't have to change as often as the 'bad' diapers. To me its well worth the extra cost. And if you are worried about diapers coming in the mail, you really shouldn't, they ship in unmarked boxes. When I lived in NC, I lived in an apartment complex, and the big boxes went to the office.... I never had a problem... so no worries!

I keep reading that from time to time....

I just don't get it, that's what I have been using for years, and I haven't had that much of a problem (well, mostly Depends because of the availablity, no "store bands" ever). Yest I have had them leak on me before, but not that often, so I just don't understand what could I posabely be doing differant from everyone else?

Anyway, I would NEVER suggest a pullup diaper to anyone myself - that is because I have tried a few of them and never had any luck with them at all. However, on the flip side of the coin - even the best, most absorbent diaper in the world is only doing to hold so much - so don't over fill them and you should be fine.....

I'm with you. I've been wearing Depend with the boost liners for like, six years or so now and I hardly ever have leaking problems. Maybe it's from experience. I can tell by how much the diaper swells up between my legs and how heavy it is (not to mention by how many times I've wet it) when it needs to be changed or its going to leak. Thinking back on it, about the only times I've ever truly leaked have been when I was trying to get my diaper to leak.

So, no, I don't think you're doing that much different from everybody else, because I don't have all that many problems with American diapers, either. Sure, I wish they could be thicker, more absorbent, have a softer plastic cover, etc., etc., etc., but when it comes down to a cost analysis, paying a dollar and a quarter (or more) per diaper that I only change three to four times in a 24-hour day makes no sense when I pay 75 cents per diaper that I have to change five to six times in a 24-hour day (and usually it's only about 4 times).

And, yeah, pullups suck!

--Floaty

I tried to do something a bit different this weekend and wear diapers for as much of it as I could. Usually I wait for my wife to go to work then put on one diaper. I never actually change this diaper if it starts leaking I usually just put another on over it.

So I found that I needed to change after about 4 hours, that was with two soakers. I put on one with one soaker and found it needed to be changed in about 3 hours. I was probably drinking way more water then I usually do from getting over a cold.

Anyway I had a plan to try the pull up style diapers for when my wife got home, I didn't want her to know I was wearing when she was around, she doesn't really like it.

We were watching saturday night live and I had to go, I tried to control it without flooding but once I started I couldn't stop, I looked down and saw a big wet spot on my jeans right in front of my crouch. Luckily my wife didn't notice. She went on to bed and I kept watching the show and I had to go a second time, yet again I couldn't seem to stop it once it started. The pull ups proved to be completely useless and my jeans and the chair got wet.

I got rid of that diaper before going to bed and decided against wearing one to sleep, I've tried wearing one to bed before and they don't work to well for me laying down, just seems to run out the sides.

Now its morning and I am back in a regular diaper.

My first thoughts are for all people who wish to be incontinet, or want to wear 24/7 YOUR CRAZY. Having to deal with leaky diapers everyday, and the cost alone would be crazy. I think that during the day I would wear about 5 or 6 diapers, the diapers I buy are 10 dollars for 16.

Anyway I'm going to try to go all day today without the bathroom.

yeah personally I think you should just look around try some different brands see what fits you well. Abena are great but expensive try some different brands they are not the only good diapers out there.. Have fun with it all and definatly stay away from pullups.. All I have gotton from those is leak city and wasted $$.... SO have fun!