LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

'Atypical outcome' Chapter 1

'Atypical outcome' Chapter 1 

(For some reason, I couldn't access the punctuation keys on my iPad except the auto type ones, and I didn't want to risk losing what I'd typed by trying to fix it. It's back now, but I'll add the punctuation to the text later.)

Ward was a serious, youngish businessman. In his late thirties, he was single, worked long hours and had let his work replace time others might have spent with family, social life or hobbies. It wasn't that Ward liked it that way. It was how things had panned out. He didn't marry the only girl he'd met whom he knew he should have married, and he had never made an effort to stay in touch with friends, or reciprocate dinners and so on. 

So here he was, working and sleeping, not eating too well, and more or less alone in the world. He was an only child, and his parents had both died quite young. 

When Ward noticed his stream of urine becoming unaccountably slow, he'd seen a doctor who told him he had an enlarged prostate gland  Surgery was required. 

The doctor went over the issues of the common procedure. Occasionally, a period of incontinence resulted, which in rare cases was permanent. 

'I have to tell you that,' the doctor had said, adding that he'd only had two such cases in all his years of practising, and both were much older men than Ward.

Ward was methodical in making his arrangements for a brief stay in hospital. The day arrived, and he caught a cab to the hospital and admitted himself. 

'Next of kin?' the nurse at the admissions desk asked. 

'Not really anyone,' replied Ward. 'You could put Dr James Smith down. He's my doctor.'

The nurse looked at Ward. 

'OK,' she said, and made the entry. 

Ward woke slowly. He looked around the brightly lit room. Hospital, he thought. Prostate. 

He realised he was hungry, and looked at the two tubes disappearing into his wrist. Apparently not food, he thought. He felt around for the buzzer they'd put near his pillow. He found it and pressed it. 

'You're awake!' said the nurse who promptly arrived. 

'Yes,' said Ward. 'I guess the operation's been done. How long have I been asleep?'

'Almost a week,' said the nurse. 'I'm Jill, by the way,' she added. 'The operation and the anaesthetic knocked you around a bit. That happens, but it's good to see you're awake.'

Ward tried to roll onto his side, and felt an urge to attend to an itching thigh. He put one hand beneath the bedclothes. 

'What?' he said, looking at the nurse as he felt the unfamiliar padding around his hips. 

Jill laughed.

'It's a diaper,' she said. 'You don't think you've been wetting the sheets and mattress for the last week, do you? We've been taking very good care of you.'

Ward was worried. 

'I'm not, you know, incontinent, am I?' he asked Jill. 

'We'll have to see how you go now that you're awake, Some men have a problem, but not usually younger guys like you,' Jill said. 'I wouldn't be too concerned. It usually clears up in a week or two, and your back to normal. Well, better than your old normal.'

'That's good to hear,' said Ward. 'Only I think, I mean it feels a bit soggy now. I don't know how to say it medically.'

Jill laughed again. 

'Just how you think you'd say it: "I've wet my diaper, could you change me please?" she said. 

Ward thought for a moment. 

'I think the diaper you put on me is wet. I won't need it now. I can go to the bathroom normally,' he said.

Jill nodded, then said 'Ward, we won't know if you still need a diaper until we assess your bladder control. And you probably can't use the bathroom normally at the moment. You will be likely to have trouble staying on your feet for a little while. They had to do quite a bit of work down there. The doctors will come in and explain now that you're awake.'

That doesn't sound good, thought Ward. 

''Is everything still as it should be... ' he began, trying to sit up. 

'Oh yes,' laughed Jill. 'You're intact, with evetythibg still there. Except your pubic hair,' she added with a smirk. 'We shaved you for the operation. You're like a little baby down there now.'

Ward didn't really appreciate the baby reference, but forgave Jill as she gently rearranged his pillows and helped him sit up. He was shocked to feel himself peeing as he moved around on the bed. He didn't initiate it nor could he stop the flow, which stopped of its own accord after a few seconds. 

'Are you OK?' Jill asked, looking at him.. 

'Yes, fine,' said Ward, somewhat shocked. 

'Did you just wet?' asked Jill. 

'Yes,' said Ward. 'I didn't know I'd started and I couldn't stop.'

'Don't worry,' said Jill. 'Even if there's nothing ongoing, it may take a day or two for your body to realise that you're back, and in charge. Remember you've  been using your diaper autonatically for a week now.'

'For everything?' asked Ward. 

'Of course fir everything,' said Jill. 'We're nurses. it's no big deal.'

Ward raised his eyebrows. 

'I couldn't do half your job,' he said. 

'Well,' said Jill, 'Let's get your diaper changed and then we'll see about some lunch. How would that be?'

'Great,' said Ward. 'Well, great about lunch anyway.'

Jill smiled. 

'You might enjoy the diaper change, too,' she said. 'Some people do.'

'Not if you're professional about it,' said Ward with a laugh. 

I didn't mean anything X rated,' said Jill. 'Some people just find they like wearing them and having them changed.'

Ward felt awkward. Somewhere, deep in his mind, a kind of mental bell was ringing. Ward had tried not to think about it, but the idea of diapers both appalled and fascinated him. And here was this nurse giving voice to his innermost, most secret thoughts. Oh, some people like wearing diapers and having them changed, she'd said so casually. 

'Penny for your thoughts,' said Jill. 

Ward was suddenly back in the here and now. 

'Sorry,' he said. 'I was just thinking about work.'

'Oh,' said Jill. 'Well, let's get this diaper changed.'

She went to the door of the room and closed it, then pulled back the bedclothes. Ward could see that he was wearing a kind of nightshirt. 

Jill lifted the hem and pulled it towards Ward's chest, exposing a bulky white diaper. Ward felt himself becoming erect. 

At least she'll think it's because if what she's doing, not the diaper, he thought, then immediately questioned what he'd just told himself. 

Why would it be the diaper? he asked himself, but he knew the answer. 

To be continued. 

If I was in Ward’s position and was told I had been unconscious for a week after having gone in for what is a relatively common surgery, I’d be demanding to know what went wrong. After most such surgeries, the patient would be awake and conscious within at most a couple of hours.  Also, most patients are catheterized for around 10 days to 2 weeks after prostate surgery to give the plumbing a chance to heal.  It will be interesting to see where this story goes.  I realize it’s fiction, but it would be better to mirror reality as much as the plot will allow. 

• Like 1
On 1/27/2020 at 8:48 AM, SallyKAT said:

30,000 feet, Dave? I'm giving you a blank look. Explain? 

It was a reference to my alternate ending on your other story... " Mean while, at 30,000 feet , a Jet Blue airliner shook violently, and the left engine fell off the plane."