LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

No Sales Tax on Diapers!

Yes, California ended sales tax on diapers as of 1 January 2020. That is the good news, and about time.

Unfortunately this only applies to baby disposable diapers, including pull-ups. Bummer that we still must pay sales tax on adult disposables.

Sure enough when my husband bought a carton of Target Up & Up size 7 disposables on Tuesday 7 Jan the tax amount was $0.00.

What is not clear is if disposables such as GoodNites are exempt from sales tax. At my first chance I will shop for GoodNites Tru-Fit to find out. Since they reached the market in 2014 I have been wearing Tru-Fit for Girls size L/XL. Since the size S/M fit toddlers over 40 pounds, it seems only fair the L/XL should also be tax exempt.

You got me thinking, so I checked my state (WA) and there is no such exemption for diapers, or any non-durable medical supplies. One small exemption for Ostomy supplies only. (bags, but not diapers)

The news article I read says the California sales tax exenption on baby disposable diapers only lasts 2 years, until 1 January 2022. It did not say any other state has this tax exemption.

i

2 hours ago, Angela Bauer said:

The news article I read says the California sales tax exenption on baby disposable diapers only lasts 2 years, until 1 January 2022. It did not say any other state has this tax exemption.

i

...since California is supposedly doing away with plastic straws & plastic bags, I'm surprised disposable diapers won't be next, LOL.

New Jersey, is starting to look (somewhat) better. No tax on disposable diapers, baby, or adult size. And they haven’t gotten round to plastic bags, and straws yet. (But, many towns have ban plastic bags here). Oh yeah, and you still don’t pump your own gas here! Yah us! ? They did raze the tax on a gallon of gas though, ?

They keep proposing a no-diaper-tax here but they never actually enact it and give up those precious pennies, Here the county and city can charge sales tax as well as the state, so we pay 10% on everything (food, drugs, clothes, everything)