LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

More of a buldge when dry or wet?

Since a wet diaper expands bulk will increase , a dry diaper will be firmer but eitherway  loose fiting pants one size up from your regular size should help hide the bulk of the diaper. (Dark Coloured works best) 

For diaper bulge and premium diapers, I say wet.  It expands and bulges more.  With cheaper store brands, not so much.  there isn't as much padding and sap to make them expand and when really wet, they may sag more in the crotch but the press out in sitting might even make any bulge less noticeable.

On a side note, depending on what diaper you wear and how thick it is, I've always thought buying pants a size bigger to hide diaper bulk is a bad idea.  Wearing baggy pants that look too big can draw more attention to you than a little diaper bulk.  I wear my normal size jeans even with Betterdry or Confidry 24/7 when out of town shopping and no one pays me any attention.

With ABU Simple diapers and Rearz brand diapers I feel that they most definitely have a bigger "bulge" when dry.  If I look at myself in the mirror when my diaper is dry the bulge is more prominant.  After heavy use, instead of bulging, my diaper sags between my legs and without question my diaper profile is less noticable in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

The is no definitive answer. Some diapers have more of a bulge when dry whilst others bulk out when wet.

Controlling Factors

• Body shape
  • Compression Amount used in the packaging
    • The more tightly compressed a diaper is, the less able it is to bend to suit human curves
  • Ratio of SAP to cotton
    • Cotton absorbs fast, but re-wets fast also - SAP expands and can bulk out a diaper but some diapers have little SAP to cotton
  • SAP Position
    • If the SAP is between the legs, the diaper might bulk out there and force a waddle / expand into a point between the legs.
  • Person position
    • Overnight, when sleeping on back, most diapers bulk at the legs / rear as the urine is forced there by gravity. When sleeping on side, usually the diaper leaks due to lack of padding material.
    • During the day, while sitting, the diaper can bulk out between the legs / front, but while walking / standing, can bulk out between legs. Some diapers padding tend to break apart due to walking, as a result, the diaper can seem to be more bulky at the front and back rather than between the legs where the padding as moved from.

Simple answer - Diaper and body shape depandant. Some clean diapers on some people are more visible than soiled diapers, whilst on other people, the reverse is true.