LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How it started

In 2009 ,blessed by a near sighted tailgater on her cell, my return to diapers had started. Still if I give much thought to it, i relive the whole thing.

the reality of it took a few weeks to bloom. Technically I had a “beer can fracture “ of the L4 vertebrae , ruptured the L4,L5 and the S1 disc’s.

The L4 break nicked the spinal cord sheath causing fluid leakage from the cord.(this is the most painful of all of the injuries).

also torn rotator cuff along with multiple soft tissue injuries and yes  fractured foot.

sometimes if I over do life I’ll even lose feeling starting near the groin and as the swelling increases progressing lower.

So to lighten things back up. Yes that was a very dark time , as I woke up in the ER (briefly) then again in ICU 9 days later as they were starting to move me to a private room, I realized that my diaper was being changed. I was really shocked by the whole thing.

my car was only a year old, the day before It had just turned 10,000 miles on the odometer ,it wasn’t anything special. I picked it off the lot and paid it off six months later. All the bells and whistles even dealer added cruise control.

i had developed a nasty infection from the catheter while I was out, that’s why I had been diapered they said. I thought later that one of the less experienced nurses had changed out the Catheter and did some damage by not deflating it fully before removing it.

hospital diapers are the cheapest thinnest available that they charge 150.00 each for.

after a few days and multiple changes, my rash blistered ,yet again more inexperience.

most of my caregivers were older, a few, male nurses mid to late twenties. But the one angel in the crowd, full breasted ,early twenties, maybe even late teens.

i was so happy when she took over my care, some how the diapers got thicker, the changes  more often and the rash faded.

i had made it to the three week mark, they were letting me go home, ha . Had to have a ride , my car had been towed after being totaled.

after waiting around most of the day, I found out that the staff had drawn straws, someone “volunteered” to drive me home.

as I’m waiting by the exit , my cute little angel showed up behind me, holding her 8 month old and toting a diaper bag.

guess that explains the figure and the mothering I received. She told me that her and her husband would be driving me home as a blue grey minivan pulled up.

the hospital had set me up with lots of help until I was able to move around better.

i wish I could have thanked my angel better, she clued me into a few web sites to buy supplies ,a few of them ABDL sites.

i never saw her or her little family again, I hope life has been good to them ,they were amazing helping as they did. 
maybe if they read this someday and recognize my story they will know how much they helped and how much I appreciated it.

so I spent the next three years between the neurologist ,the neuro surgeon and physical therapy.

when I hit the one year mark, both doctors told me how surprised they were that I hadn’t landed in a wheel chair permanately.

Oh! And the diapers, at first they really bothered me, after awhile I realized that we all start out in them, most of us will end up in them, a few of us lucky ones have to wear them all the time.

just one last note, I joined this site a few years ago, not long after another member suggested I go to the newbie nursery and introduce myself.

so this is/was part of my life the good and otherwise , this really happened to me. I couldn’t have written it if it didn’t .

lastly thank god that I’m still here, upright and mobile, oh! And also thank god I love diapers.

i you have questions, would like advice or just want someone to listen, I’m here, the least I can do to repay the help that found me.

quarktheory.

• Like 1

Quite a story Quarktheory, thanks for sharing it. Sorry, for all the pain, suffering, and disruption you must have endured. It’s never nice, to even hear of that happening to anyone, but you’ve come quite a ways. And, if you can turn the lemons to lemonade, good deal! Have fun with your diapers, or enjoy them as much as can be. There are plenty of people, who share in finding out, they can like the diapers, they now have a need to wear. So now, I hope you can continue to enjoy your life, and of course your diapers. Glad to have you here with us! Relax, have fun, and enjoy! 

7 hours ago, quarktheory said:

In 2009 ,blessed by a near sighted tailgater on her cell, my return to diapers had started. Still if I give much thought to it, i relive the whole thing.

the reality of it took a few weeks to bloom. Technically I had a “beer can fracture “ of the L4 vertebrae , ruptured the L4,L5 and the S1 disc’s.

The L4 break nicked the spinal cord sheath causing fluid leakage from the cord.(this is the most painful of all of the injuries).

also torn rotator cuff along with multiple soft tissue injuries and yes  fractured foot.

sometimes if I over do life I’ll even lose feeling starting near the groin and as the swelling increases progressing lower.

i you have questions, would like advice or just want someone to listen, I’m here, the least I can do to repay the help that found me.

quarktheory.

So sorry for what happened to you!  Thank God you have learned to enjoy wearing diapers.  Just yesterday I was waiting at a 4 way stop and someone blew it going at least 45 miles per hour!  Thank God I had not moved into the intersection yet.  Personally, I think anyone who texts while driving should get a minimum of 6 months jail time, more if there is property damage or injury.  Talking on a cell phone is just as bad.

Question:  What happened to the driver that hit you?  Did she survive, if so, did you take her to court and sue her for everything she had?  You have a life long medical issue all because of her stupidity.  Your pain and suffering, hospital time, medical bills, ongoing medical supplies and your one year old car that was totaled.  Some people say, "I let it go as I was more concerned about my own issues", but I have always felt people who do stupid and irresponsible things that cause damage or injury need to be held accountable or they will just do it again.  I don't mind at all taking someone to court for all that they have when they do something stupid like talking or texting while driving causing injury to someone else.  Look at all you have lost.  Mobility, continence, perhaps financial stability due to limited mobility issues, not being able to do things you have done in the past.  It also sends a clear message to others who read about it in their newspaper or see it on the evening TV news that if they do the same thing, they are taking a chance of ending up in jail, losing their home and car due to the lawsuits.  Not to bring up post traumatic memories, I just hope justice was done to the other driver.

She hit me at 50 mph, no injuries to her, her husband or her mother who was in the back seat.

the husband got out of the car and toed up to the white line ,just standing there the whole time.

the mother left the scene,running across the street to a local diner, the police never interviewed her.

the driver avoided contact with me, when the police arrived it was like she was on a date and the cop couldn’t wait till the movie was over.

i always suspected that she was the cops snitch.

no tickets were given, even though she was clearly at fault. I had to insist that the police report indicated it was her fault.

in my state, there is a 25,000$ minimum for liability , that’s property damage, and medical.

of course she had the minimum coverage. Her insurance paid a total of 25k that was divided between my lawyer 1/3, payoff on the value of my car( determined by her insurance company’s value) and lastly my medical.

my full coverage insurance didn’t pay anything as her company had paid.i did not have underinsured motorists coverage.

they under valued my car, but my gap insurance made up the difference , getting ahead on payments will cost you here.

and lastly my group health insurance demanded reimbursement up to my total out of pocket limit.

i did sue,they settled( for the maximum they were required to pay by law). 
I was in massive pain for three years, I have no use for distracted drivers , insurance adjusters , lawyers, and uneducated self serving politicians who sell their selves to lobbyists. 

My Medical the first 3 years was over 250K , I had to buy a new car out of my pocket. And now I shell out every month for diapers , diaper covers, etc.  also my replacement car, I had to trade after 2 years because I could no longer drive it comfortably.

now I drive a very large and heavy truck.

I hate people that talk on their phone while driving.   I encountered a person that stopped in the middle of the intersection while talking to somebody on the phone and I gave her a good honking, and was tempted to give her the middle finger.  Needless to say they reminded me of something my dad said to me when I was a kid when he turned to me and said "Son you can't cure stupid."   You know what he was right. 

Anyway, I am glad to hear that you sued that person for all that they are worth they most definitely deserved that and more because of all the pain and suffering they put you through.   I am also glad to hear that you have come to terms with wearing diapers and I hope  to see you in the forum and in the chat room some day.

They’re working on that here, still.

currently they use “distracted driving” or “inattentive driving” both vague and ambiguous laws , that ‘s been used from cell use to having only one hand on the wheel tickets ( to someone that is driving a stick shift).

i think it should carry the same penalty that a dui carries.