LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tips on Flow Control?

Anyone have any tips on how to better control your flow when peeing? I've got a fair size bladder, usually only going a couple times a day while drinking a lot of water. Usually by the time my body sends the "hey, go pee" signal, I need to go a lot. I've always been a flooder. My bladder basically has an on/off valve rather than any gradual release. And while I can stop and start the flow a bit, when I am peeing the floodgates are open.

This morning I wore and wet for the first time in years and it filled up the bulk of a Rawrs. Really, I was impressed it actually took it and didn't leak. But I would like to be able able to go in a slower stream, especially if I'm trying to use an STP device, which you REALLY can't flood. So what are your best tips and tricks?

I would recommend not waiting until until really need to pee. Try to relax - not easy! - and pee a little at a time and it eventually becomes second nature but it does take practice.

I'd say the opposite of above! I think you need to practice going little and often...every few mins you need to really stop what you're doing, think "do I need to pee AT ALL?" and if so let it out. This takes practice, but in my experience over time it becomes a lot easier, and you'll soon find you just release what's in your bladder naturally and often.

• 1 month later...

I learned this as a teen, if you hold you risk flooding, if you fill a diaper slow and gentle then it is much less likely you will leak, I spent a lot of time learning to leak a little and often but for me it was much easier than the hold and flood cycle that i had

• Like 1

Go more often. If you have trouble, gently push like you’re trying to pass gas (don’t strain) and release, then take a deep breath into your belly and release. Repeat. 

That relaxes your pelvic floor, which needs to be relaxed in order for you to pee.

• Like 1

Just echoing the general advice here: the trick is to try to "leave the tap open" as it were and pee near continuously.  I realise that may not be easy at first but @Alex Bridges has given you a strategy.

Another trick (I don't need it but it does seem to work for me) is to exhale breath until your lungs are nearly empty and refrain from inhaling.  After about 10 - 15 seconds, I will find I experience an urge to pee regardless of the state of my bladder.  That's a parauresis trick apparently.

If you are 24x7 like I am, you may find that after some months, wetting frequently but in very small volumes has become the new normal.  Heading for a year down the track, I have found myself in this space and it's great for avoiding nappy leaks.  I haven't really noticed the difference in my wetting patterns because the shift happened so slowly it never seemed unusual.  I had to stop and think about why I was rarely (not "never") leaking these days and not having emergency changes.

Hello Everyone:

The best way that I have found, in addition to the fact that you have to control your release, and go little and offten is to have the RIGHT DIAPER:  This is important if you want to be able to use the diaper throughout the day - if you can slowly release, you are less likely to flood, but that is NOT a guarentee.   The cloth backed stuff they have today is NOT designed for a lady or a gentleman with a BIG Bladder, and from what I understand, it seems that they all think that we will wet the thing, ONCE with just a little flow, then change right off and throw it away - W R O N G:  These Cloth Backed "Diapers: are not really "Diapers"  They are Tabbed Underwear, and are not designed to be used by those truly incon.  I've flooded Prevails before, and they CAN'T HOLD it.

You need the right Diaper because you have to release your bladder's contents:  That is why I have asked for the Northshore Brand "Megamax"  These ARE designed to be used by thise who are fully incon. and I can tell you that, if done right, with the proper protective apparel, the diaper will hold your pee - I think I used mine like 6 times during a day, after drinking a lot of water - and IF you have a full bladder, you will be OK.

Take Care,

Brian