LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Settling In (Complete!)

Hi everyone!  New S&P story here!  We've been working on this story for a long time and it has been posted chapter by chapter on our Patreon.  Now that we're done, we want to share it with the rest of the world. ^_^  In particular, thank you to our wonderful friend Cam (@CamCuddleCareBytes) for commissioning such an amazing piece.  We couldn't have done it without him!

If you would like to support us in writing more stories, please check out our Patreon!  The complete PDF and ePub of Settling In is on there as well, if you're an impatient little tyke. :angel_not:

Please Like and Comment!  We love hearing from our readers. :D  And as always, thank you!

~Sophie

---------------------------------------------------

Disclaimers: bedwetting, manipulation, spanking, regression, hypnosis, diapers, wetting, messing, roman numerals

---------------------------------------------------

Settling In
By Sophie & Pudding
*Commissioned by Cam

Chapter I

I played with my fingers in my lap and looked down at my nice shoes - shiny, with three inch heels.  I had to get this job.  I didn't have a choice anymore.  Samantha and I couldn't make rent and I couldn't work anywhere else.  After my last job - an administrator in a computer repair office - no one would hire me.  This city wasn't that big, and word got around quickly.  Even McDonalds had turned me down.  How I had even gotten an interview here was beyond me.  The man walked in and sat down at the desk and I did my best to sit up straight, looking as professional as possible.  Our interview had been going on for over an hour already...

"So what do you think?" Cora asked her husband.  He read through her file. "Natalie Anderson.  She seems flexible." "She would have to be at this point.  She hasn't had a job in three months.  She's desperate." "Desperate works in our favor." "Is that a yes?" "I think it's worth a try." Cora clapped her hands and smiled at the screen, at the video feed of the nervous girl shifting in her chair.  Two minutes later, her husband appeared on the screen and sat down in the chair behind the desk, across from her.

"Miss Anderson, I'm afraid that there's been some complications with your background check." Not that she'd consented for one, or that one had even been done - but in a town this size, a background check was really nothing more than calling around and asking questions for a few minutes.  From Natalie’s point of view, that had to have been where the man had been for the past few minutes. "Now now, don't panic, that doesn't make you inadmissible to our work program here, not automatically.  There are some more strings I can pull and palms I can grease, but you're going to have to impress me here."

Background check.  I knew what that meant.  My heart sank and I looked down at my feet.  Should I try to explain myself?  Did I have a choice? "I know what you've heard," I said quietly, without eye contact. "I... I know my boss at my old job was married, and what I did was awful, and I hate what happened.  I would absolutely never let it happen again.  I would never disrupt your company like that or put anyone's reputation in jeopardy.  I promise to work hard here.  I promise to do everything I can so you don't regret hiring me.  If... if you hire me, I mean..." My confident attitude had completely fallen apart.

"Natalie - may I call you Natalie? What is your understanding of what will be required in this role?" They'd already talked about it before, and at length, but this time it was going to be different - this time, the man was going to outline what her responsibilities would be. Not just the responsibilities of the role itself, but of her if she accepted the role.

"Um.  I... I would manage the customer service branch.  I know that has like eight people, right?  So it's a small office!  I have plenty of experience in office management, too.  So it will be no problem.  And I would report directly to you.  Tasks would be things like... keeping you informed, keeping the staff on task, making sure everything you need done gets done.  And of course, keeping quality customer service." I was proud of my answer.  I was a very good worker, and I played into my strengths.

"Very good, Natalie. If - and I do stress the if - I were to extend this role do you, quite evidently I'd have to appease both the insecurities of my wife, and the doubts of myself. The only way I could extend this offer to you, therefore, would be for you to take a greatly reduced salary, and provision you room and board at our Vineyard in lieu. This way, our family - and this is a family business - can keep a close eye on you at all times and ensure that you're not falling back into your more... destructive, habits."

I blinked and looked up at the man in surprise.  He... he wanted me to live in his house?  I thought about Samantha, my roommate, and looked down at my feet. "I... I would love to.  It seems like a very generous offer.  I just... I can't do that.  My roommate depends on me to help with rent and I couldn't just leave her like that, not after she's stuck with me for so long." Fuck...

"I'm sure we can find a position for her about the house. She depends on you to help with rent, you said? Then perhaps her conditions could improve further. You would work in the consumer division, and Samatha could help around the estate. At any time, either or both of you will be free to leave, but your employment is contingent on this condition." That he'd offered something so compelling, so drastic, so out of the ordinary, without even a second thought... well, there was a lot of confidence there.

Sam really didn't like her job.  She cleaned houses, actually.  Working for an estate would probably be right up her alley.  And she would have to pay a lot less in bills.  Hmm... "Alright... well, I will talk to her?  And if she agrees, I will do anything to put your wife's concerns at ease!"

"I hope you remember those words, Natalie. We're taking a big risk on you here, and I do want you to understand that this is not charity, or pity. This an opportunity for atonement, which is something we all believe in here at Grand National. But you'll be expected to listen to directions, both in and out of the workplace, and there'll be very little tolerance for messing up. Understand?"

"Yes, sir.  I understand completely." I left the office with a phone number on the back of a business card.  I sat in my car and sighed, tilting my head back.  Would Sam want to do this?  What if she didn't?  I wasn't making rent... if I couldn't get this job, she'd have to find a new roommate anyway.  I put my hands over my face and took a deep breath.  Okay.  Only thing now was to talk to my best friend.

"So hold up. What's the rent going to be? It's kinda far for me to travel to work… wait wait, what was the rent?" Sam thought her friend had said 'free', but that couldn't possibly be the case. That just didn't happen. Not without a catch.

"Well, I think he wants to offer you a position at the estate?  Probably cleaning or something, which you already do anyway.  And room and board are included." I never understood that phrase: room and board.  What was the board?  Maybe the board wasn't included... "You could save money, and we could still live together.  Technically." We would share a very, very big house with many people.  I'd googled the house at the Vineyard on my phone.  Eighteen rooms. "But it's like, an hour and a half away."

"It's a ways away for sure." Sam had thought about that kind of distance before, when they were looking for a new place to live that was cheaper, but the math never worked out. "But If I live where I work, I don't even need a car, Nat. I'd have like no bills except for my cellphone. We should do it."

I gave her a careful look and crossed my arms. "Are you sure?  I don't want to accept the job and then have you change your mind..." "I'm sure," she said simply.  Sam was a simple girl.  That's why we were best friends. "Why does he want you to move in, again?" "Because his wife thinks I'm going to fuck him or something," I pouted. "Seriously, you sleep with one boss and no one trusts you..."

"They do know that the boss you slept with was like your age right? These people own an estate! Are you gonna seduce grandpappy with a Werther’s original?" Sam thought she was a lot funnier than she was. "Anyway, when we do we move? We probably need a few weeks to pack." But they were moving into someone else’s house - what would they actually be bringing?

"I dunno," I said more to myself than to Sam. "I guess I'll go make a phone call and get all this started."  One day had so cataclysmically changed my life.  But I didn't know the half of it.  

My first day of work was the following Monday.  I'd spent the weekend moving my belongings into the estate, but we had to rent a storage locker for most of our furniture.  The place was huge.  I mean, really, really huge.  Not like a mansion you see on TV, but way bigger than anything I'd ever seen in real life.  Sam was enamored.  I was overwhelmed.  We used a service entrance on the side of the house to bring in our boxes, which let out into a kitchen.  Some people in nice clothes were helping us unpack the truck, but I hadn't caught anyone's name. "You must be Natalie," a woman said, talking over the heavy footsteps and shuffling of boxes.  She had a gorgeous red blouse on and her dark hair was pulled back in a tight bun.  She put out her hand to shake mine. "Um.  Yes.  Nice to meet you, uh..."

"Cora. No title necessary, titles are for books and mistresses, and I am neither." Cora laughed the way rich people on television laughed; she was bright and sunny, hiding her mouth behind her hand - a gesture that wouldn't have looked out of place paired with a little paper oriental fan. "It's going to be so nice to have you around the house, Natalie. I can't wait to get all that unpleasantness and rumors behind you. And you must be Sam - oh you're going to look smashing in the house uniform." Cora accentuated this fact by literally turning to one of the maids, putting her hand up the back of her skirt, and pinching her ass.

...well, she was... forward.  The maid looked nervously at the two of us, then walked away to fetch more boxes. "Um... yeah... I swear, you have nothing to worry about with me.  What happened was strictly a one-time thing.  Trust me." "I don't trust you," Cora said simply, with a smile, in a tone I had never heard utter those words.  She was bright and happy.  I didn't understand her at all.  "The help will take care of the boxes - come, I'll show you your rooms." I looked sideways at Sam and shrugged my shoulders.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1
7 hours ago, Sophie ♥ said:

Um... yeah... I swear, you have nothing to worry about with me.  What happened was strictly a one-time thing.  Trust me." "I don't trust you,"

Cora seems to be a bit Catty. I wonder what will happen to Natalie and Sam?

Interesting. It's been a while since I've read a good S&&P story, I think I'll stick around for a bit. See how this develops.

And i love how there was a content warning for "Roman Numerals." XD

Grammar Patrol

17 hours ago, Sophie ♥ said:

.  "The help with take care of the boxes - come, I'll show you your rooms." I looked sideways at Sam and shrugged my shoulders.

I believe you meant "The help *will* take care of the boxes"?

2 hours ago, Wannatripbaby said:

Grammar Patrol

It's good to have our grammar patrol back! XD

ALSO I had to google like half the roman numerals I used in the making of this story >_< It's embarrassing how inept I am at them...

Chapter II

The third floor of the estate was much smaller than the main two, almost like an oversized bungalow design, or an estate designed to emulate the aesthetic, and it was here that was home to these rooms; there were seven of them - one in front of the staircase, and three each to either side. They weren’t very large, but they were designed with precise elegance.  The bedrooms were the sort of thing you make for guests, but guests never use. "Sam, you're going to be in this room here; it's closest to the staircase, and you'll be considered on call at all hours. There is a shared bathroom on this floor, but your bedroom doesn't have it's own. Natalie, you'll be in the room further at the end of the hall to the left; your room does feature an en suite bathroom."

Holy shit.  My mouth was hanging open, staring at the small room with wide eyes and amazement.  It wasn't big, no.  About the size of my room back at the apartment.  But it was gorgeous!  A four post canopy bed, solid oak dressers, and a door on the right that led to my own private bathroom.  I... I didn't know what to say.  I'd been looking for a job and what I found was a whole new life. "Thank you so, so much, uh... Cora." That sounded so incredibly informal.  We were not equals and it hurt me to try to think of us on the same plane of reality.

"Of course. You're really saving us quite a bit of money on the office manager roll to start with, so it's the least we can be doing. And the least you can do is think about my husband as little as possible - in fact, if you do have filthy thoughts, direct them at me instead.” When Natalie started back at her, Cora winked and laughed with her hand over her mouth. "Where are my manners, you're practically family now, aren't you? Sam." Cora snapped her fingers. "Downstairs, left hall. Find the Matron and get into your uniform. Then bring dinner up for Miss Natalie - she has a long night ahead of her, unpacking and settling in." When Sam didn't move, Cora looked at her incredulously. "I'm not accustomed to giving directions to the help more than once, Sam. Don't be the reason I form that habit."

Sam shook her head in disbelief and went down the stairs.  Already, I could sense this was going to cause problems.  Best to nip it in the bud. "Um, I really don't need anyone to make me dinner.  I'm very low maintenance.  I'm just here to put you guys at ease, so I'm going to stay out of the way." Honest to God, I had no idea what was up with this woman.  Was she flirting with me?  Or was she teasing me?  Was anything she said serious, or was all of it serious?

"You're a part of the family, Natalie, and you're going to have to learn to live like us if you want for this to work. Sam is a part of the help.  She's getting to stay in a gorgeous bedroom, with no expenses, and make a generous stipend for her time and energy. Did you know we pay for our help to study? No student debts for Sam. Did you know that our help are provided computers, telephones, and uniforms? No expenses for Sam. Did you know that we send our help on vacation every year, when we go, all expenses paid? I think the least Sam can be doing to earn her keep here is to bring you up dinner that somebody else has already prepared, up two flights of stairs. Don't you think that's fair, Natalie?"

...what option did I have?  If I said no, I'd be arguing her hospitality.  And Sam really did have a good gig here - free vacations?  My contract had no vacation days at all for the first two years.  I sighed. "Yeah, I suppose that's fair..." A maid came up the stairs with a box in her hands and set it down in my room, near the dresser.  Well, better get to unpacking, I supposed.

"If you say a word, I will choke your ass so hard." It had been a half hour since Natalie had started unpacking, and the person who came into her room was none other than her best friend. Only, she was dressed in a maid’s uniform. Black and white, with tights, shined patent shoes, and a corset laced so tight that she looked every bit the gorgeous hourglass that soppy romance novels babbled about. She had a silver platter and a dome over the top in her hands, and she looked precarious on heels too tall to be practical. "Well, come get your damn food, Natalie."

"Holy crap, you're actually hot." Not that she wasn't normally, but she never really dressed to accentuate it. "I will throw this tray at you," she threatened. "I'm pretty sure it's real silver." I took the plate from my best friend and sat down on the edge of my bed.  Steak and green beans?  The steak smelled delicious, but I'd never liked green beans. "Having fun at your new job?" I asked. "Did you know you get free vacation every year?"

"Did you know that this corset is expected to be three inches tighter in three weeks?" Sam retorted, sourly, picking at the beans on her best friend’s plate. "This is weird, Natalie. Like, there's a reason rich people don't interact with us commoners, the low people, the 'help' quote unquote. They're not like us, they live in this weird ass Emily Gilmore world." Sam tried to sit, failed due to the stars in her peripheral vision, and decided to stay standing.  Officially, she was told her title would be "Chambermaid," but she was NOT going to volunteer that information to her best friend!  Especially when she was to be chamber...maid...ing, for her. How embarrassing.

"Yeah, well.  Think about the money." No bills.  No expenses.  Just income.  We would be rich when we left this place!  We could buy our own mansion.  Then again, I wasn't making half as much as my best friend.  All of it went into room and board expenses.  I sighed and took another bite of steak.  Jeeze, this was heavenly.  I was glad I took Cora up on her offer for food.  Ten minutes later, I handed the tray back to my best friend, the steak gone an the green beans untouched.

"I was told to tell you that you have to eat everything." Samantha seemed disappointed to be saying it too, like she had no stake in the whole thing.  But if she had to go downstairs with food left on the plate, and then come back upstairs, back and forth, she might just have offed herself with her own garter.

"Um... what?" She shrugged her shoulders. "That's what the cook said." "Right, well, I don't like green beans.  So next time she can make something else?" What a weird demand.  I rolled my eyes and went back to unpacking.  Sam sighed and took the tray out of the room.  I didn't think anything of it.

"Ah, settling in well, I see?" It wasn't Cora this time, it was her husband - a man who looked quite a bit more relaxed and down-dressed in his striped pajamas. The cotton had to have a thread count with two commas in the number, of course, and the material was probably harvested by poor slaves in some third world country. The point was, he still looked very impressive.

"Oh, yeah.  Um.  Well I'm pretty much unpacked.  And I start work in the morning, so I thought I would get to bed early tonight." I smiled happily up at the man.  It was mostly an act, but I needed him to know I was thankful. "Your wife is very..." Mm.. "She says what she's thinking, and I think that's amazing." Nothing inherently positive in that sentence... "I like her." There we go.

"Cora is quite an easy woman to read, that's true. She was a mute until she was fourteen, so in her adult years she simply chooses to speak her mind. Her honesty takes her very far, Natalie. Honesty and integrity are things we're very proud of, and that includes following the rules. Doing what you'll say you'll do, and not being wasteful." He paced the room while he talked. "You're being fed, housed, and taken care of, Natalie. In future, I'll expect only empty plates from you, am I clear? Some foods may not be to your taste, but give them a chance, won't you? Our chef can make cardboard taste like caviar." This was all so… veiled. So subtle. But it was clear what it was: a warning. About misbehaving. Not finishing her dinner. "Anywho, I'll see you in the morning. Work is at 7. Sweet dreams, Natalie."

"...yeah," I muttered, as the man walked out of the room.  I watched the door frame with confusion.  What... had just happened?  Did he just scold me for not finishing my green beans?  I was twenty three years old - so what if I didn't want to eat something?  But he made a good point: they were feeding me.  The least I could do is eat what I was given.  And if I didn't, my boss might see that as a lack of commitment to my role.  If he fired me, what would I do?  I sighed and laid back on my bed.  Yeah, well.  I guess I should just eat the stupid beans, huh?

"She's cute in person." Cora smiled, watching the girl through the concealed camera in her room. There were cameras all over the estate, and elsewhere in the house, Samantha was being taught her duties to a finer degree in one of the other monitors. "She's perfect. Just the right balance of resilience to go-getter to ego to need-to-please." Ando stroked his chin. There was a lot more to do, a lot of progress to be made. But it was a start. "It was brilliant of you to elevate her status above Samantha; if she's to ever feel like a little girl, a princess is a good way to start,” he mused to his wife.

"At first I thought her friend would be a problem, but it seems to be working out for the best." Cora kissed her husband on the cheek. "Remember what we talked about - tomorrow at work, make sure you get her started." "Of course."

-----------------

Like & Comment!  Please consider supporting us on Patreon! ^_^  Thank you for reading!

• Like 12
11 hours ago, Sophie ♥ said:

ALSO I had to google like half the roman numerals I used in the making of this story >_< It's embarrassing how inept I am at them...

Per Discord discussions, not being able to count in roman numerals is a sure sign of being a baby. JUST SAYING.

11 hours ago, Sophie ♥ said:

What... had just happened?  Did he just scold me for not finishing my green beans?

I feel like next time she doesn’t eat her green beans she’ll get spanked! ?

16 hours ago, Sophie ♥ said:

It's good to have our grammar patrol back! XD

Aww shucks, you're making me blush. ?

16 hours ago, Sophie ♥ said:

How is it embarrassing to not know the outdated numerical system of a dead society? XD I think C is 100 and M might be 1,000? Other than that I don't know anything past X.

I'll read chapter 2 (or should I say chapter II?) Later. Right now I have Destiny 2 to play. :D

Okay I just read the chapter.

14 hours ago, Sophie ♥ said:

Cora is quite an easy woman to read, that's true. She was a mute until she was fourteen, so in her adult years she simply chooses to speak her mind.

Very interesting. I don't think I've ever seen a character who used to be mute but was cured. Unless the story has them descovering the ability to speak *during* the events of the story. But as a background detail? Never.

Cora smiled, watching the girl through the concealed camera in her room.

... Is that legal? I imagine that, even if you own the house, if you sublet part of it to someone then spying on them is still an invasion of privacy? Of course that assumes she didn't void that right in the contract she undoubtably signed without reading lol. 

grammar partol

But if she had to downstairs with it with food left on the plate, and then come back upstairs, back and forth, she might just have offed herself with her own garter.

Perhaps "if she had to *go* downstairs"?

20 hours ago, harrycrosby said:

Per Discord discussions, not being able to count in roman numerals is a sure sign of being a baby. JUST SAYING.

This is the excuse I'll use. XD

15 hours ago, Wannatripbaby said:

Right now I have Destiny 2 to play. :D

Clearly you mean Destiny II.

13 hours ago, Wannatripbaby said:

Very interesting. I don't think I've ever seen a character who used to be mute but was cured. Unless the story has them descovering the ability to speak *during* the events of the story. But as a background detail? Never.

Interesting!  I actually have a friend who was mute until she was around 10 years old.  It wasn't "cured" so to speak, but more like... social anxiety and a small trauma history that brought it on?  Then one day she just started talking.

On another note, Pudding's little brother was mute until he was 6 or 7.

... Is that legal?

Probably not.

grammar partol

Fixed.

13 hours ago, Hopsalot said:

Oooh I really like this story so far and I can’t wait for the rest of it!

I'm glad you're enjoying it!  A new chapter should be up tomorrow, as long as I have some free time. ^_^ 

Thanks everyone for the comments and likes!! :D 

Chapter III

"Natalie, can I see you in my office please." It was her first day on the job that, for all intents and purposes, represented her second and final chance at a normal life. Little did she know that her life was about to become anything but normal. The man closed the door behind his new employee as she walked into his office. "How are you finding the environment this morning? Your computer login is working fine?" Small talk. Obviously not why he'd called her into his office.

"Yes sir!  It's wonderful, thank you so much!" The office stuff was actually pretty tedious.  Mr. Gladstone ran a tight ship and everyone was on point.  Actually, so far, my position seemed almost irrelevant.  But I would never tell him that. "Everyone is very kind and the computer is working fine and... yeah, nothing to report."

"Well, I'm very pleased to hear that, Natalie. You're settling in well, despite some of the... interpersonal conflicts I've been hearing of." He let that sit in the air while he looked down at his paperwork and flipped a binder from left to right and back to the left, tapping an inkwell pen against the ledger thoughtfully. Every second she had to think on that would be a second she panicked, and that was the idea.

"...interpersonal conflicts?  What are you talking about?" I'd met everyone in the office.  It was small.  Twelve people altogether.  I went to a different floor to make copies and another floor to file some paperwork.  I'd only been at work two hours, but I had made sure to be on my best behavior.  Someone... someone was complaining about me?  I didn't understand...

"Oh, I wouldn't worry too much about it, it’s just idle chatter." He began to write something down in the ledger, pausing intentionally in his speech, deliberately. "You know how immature women around the office can be when they feel threatened, you understand?" This entire engagement, this entire back and forth, this was planned out to the letter; he left nothing to chance.

"R-right..." But his words clung to the insides of my brain.  Women around the office?  That narrowed it down a little, but not by much.  They felt threatened?  Why did they feel threatened?  I played with my clip board nervously and bit my lip. "Um... well if there's anything I can be doing better..."

"Doing better?" He looked up with thought around the crow’s feet that framed his eyes, and then shook his head as though it took him that long to process the concept, then waved his hand. "The quality of your work is going to be fine, Natalie, and office politics will be office politics. No no, I'm more worried about you."

"...about me?" I didn't understand.  I thought I was doing a good job.  But then people were complaining?  And now Mr. Gladstone was worried about me?  I shifted my weight from one side to the other and held the clipboard to my chest. "I'm fine, sir.  No worries there.  I promise."

“Many people here already know of your indiscretions at your previous job, don’t they? It's a difficult position I'm in, you see, as your boss. And I'm worried that you might not want this role enough to do what it takes to keep it, no matter the cost." If anybody else had said that, it might have sounded as though he were propositioning her. But there was a tone he used, a point of view and speech that was nothing of the sort. Rather, he sounded like a concerned parent.

Panic.  Fear.  I shook my head and my emotions got the better of me.  I was desperate.  I couldn't lose this job!  It was my first day!  I thought it was going so well! "No!  I'll do whatever it takes, I will!  I'm getting all my work done!  I'll... I'll have a meeting with the employees, and... and see if I can do better, if..."

"Oh no" He chuckled, "no no, that will certainly not improve things. For now, I think, the other employees would prefer to see a little less of you, just until they can come to terms with your work… history.” He chose those words carefully, too. "But don't you worry, Natalie, you're not going anywhere. I'm confident in my hire, but for this adjustment period I'd like to enforce some workplace attire changes - to put the others at ease. Now, if you're intending to continue working here, this is not a negotiation, and I hope you understand my perspective, am I clear?"

The other employees wanted to see me less?  I shrunk into myself and looked down at my feet.  My nice heels, my tight pantyhose.  I wore a beautiful blazer and a sharp business skirt.  I was the pinnacle of professional.  What was wrong with my attire?  What had I done wrong?  But it didn't matter... "Y-yes sir... I understand..."

"Very good." He smiled warmly, showing relief, like he expected this conversation to go any other way than it did. He made sure that she saw that, too, he made sure that she knew his faith in her was fragile. "You'll take this," he leaned down and picked up a pleasant looking gift bag, "to the bathroom and get changed into what you find inside." He didn't let her ask questions about the contents of the bag - the outfit was still what could be called appropriate for work: a pleasant printed tee with a rainbow motif on it, a cardigan in a pastel blue, with capris pants and some cute sandals. Neat casual, more than business professional. And also something that would have her looking a good deal less... confident. "Now I'm sure you'll need to work double speed on those HR reports to have them to me by lunch, so hurry along now."

"Yes, sir..." I stepped out of Mr. Gladstone's office and sighed, trying to maintain my composure.  I looked in the bag at the clothes and wondered what this was all about.  Maybe I should go ask, but... I didn't want to cause trouble.  I sighed and went to the restroom to change.

"Hey Natalie," It was one of the women from the secretary pool - her name was Prin, and she had wild ginger hair and freckles all over her pale face with big frames on her glasses and a bright smile that she might have only been showing to Natalie for the very first time when she peered her head into her cubicle. "You look cute today, I love your top. So many women here are so... stuffy, right? Anywaaaay, I was wondering if you could pull a record for an employee for me?" Just like that, after a morning of frostiness and nobody even saying a word to her, Natalie had someone brightly regarding her, complimenting her, asking for her help, and all it seemed to take was a change of attire.

Before the end of the day, I had three more compliments on my outfit!  I finished all my paperwork on time.  I had the office running above efficiency.  Everything was amazing!  On the way out at the end of the day, I made sure to stop by Mr. Gladstone's office in my cute rainbow shirt and capris, a bright smile on my face.  I almost bumped into him as he was coming out of his office. "Oh!  Um.  I just wanted to thank you!  I thought these clothes were sort of silly, but everyone responded so kindly!  Thank you for looking out for me today."

"Of course, Natalie, I'm glad to hear it." She was bright, her mood matching her attire, and that boded well for the future. "I hope you understand now that you have my investment and faith. I've made an example for you in today’s attire, but you're probably going to need a few more outfits to make it through a work week - Cora will be more than happy to help, I expect, and she'll be along to pick you up..." He looked at his wrist, at the jeweled silver watch, then smiled warmly. "Quite soon, actually.  You should go down and meet her - it would be rude to keep her waiting, wouldn't it? Don't you worry, I'll be seeing you at home tonight when I finish up everything here. My work is never done, you understand?"

"Yes, sir!" I waved goodbye and headed downstairs.  One of the chauffeurs had dropped me off this morning - the perks of living in a mansion, I guess.  But I never gave thought to who would pick me up.  Cora was waiting in the parking lot in a gorgeous blue convertible.  I climbed in the passenger seat in my cute work clothes. "Thank you for picking me up.  I imagine you're a busy woman."

"Never too busy for a good cause, Nattie." Cora drove herself, she was that kind of woman.  She could have had somebody to drive her - could have had a work car to take her anywhere she wanted - but she'd never give up her independence like that. "Buckle up; you're in the front seat after all." As she pulled out, she reached into a bag of Hi-Chew candies between the seats, nestled in the cup holder, and handed a strawberry one to her new project, keeping the kiwi one for herself. "How was work? Better than Samantha's first day on the job, I'd wager. You look cute!"

"Oh, yeah?  I guess I do look pretty cute..." I popped the candy in my mouth and Cora drove us to the mall.  We talked a little bit about Sam, but mostly about ourselves.  Cora was a championship tennis player a few years back!  And she could do that thing where you tie a knot in a cherry stem with your tongue.  She had been to all seven continents and over 50 countries.  Honestly, she was so impressive!  But maybe her sense of fashion needed a little work... "Uh, I really don't think this is work appropriate..." The dress she picked out was something like a sundress, but it had ruffle sleeves and a round collar.

"Let me ask your boss what she thinks about it, we'll get a second opinion, Natalie." Cora smiled with a knowing little glance, then put her hand to her ear like a phone. "Oh, hello. Yes, that dress is work appropriate, and you should trust Cora to make these decisions for you, thank you for your consideration." And it was cute, too, it was over the top in the way that children's fashion tended to be, the kind of thing you dress someone up in, rather than them choosing for themselves. "Natalie, darling, listen: you're trying to find your stasis, your role, your look at the office. You started out too stuffy, too elegant, and it caused problems. The logical course is to dress cuter each day until you reach a similar threshold on the other end, then dial it back a single notch from there. It shows the other women that you're not interested in lusting after their husbands, it shows that you're more interested in being professional on your own terms. So how about you trust me here, yes? Try it out now, run along."

-----------------

Like & Comment!  Please consider supporting us on Patreon! ^_^  Thank you for reading!

• Like 9

Another great chapter. I don't have a whole lot to comment about this one, actually. Cora and... what was the guy's name? Ando? Are still a bit too mysterious to speculate about or form an opinion on. We know they're trying to transform Natalie into their baby girl, but for what purpose? Are their motives nefarious or benevolent? Maybe both, maybe neither.

I think that they wanted a baby girl and saw an opportunity with Natalie, so they took it. They neither need nor want her at the office. Work is just a vessel that they’ll use to make her into their cute baby girl.

5 hours ago, littleTomás said:

I think that they wanted a baby girl and saw an opportunity with Natalie, so they took it. They neither need nor want her at the office. Work is just a vessel that they’ll use to make her into their cute baby girl.

Nah, that's too simple. Too straightforward for a Sophie and Pudding story. They're rich, if they just wanted a babygirl they could have their pick of any ABDL in the world. And while I suppose it *could* be that they wanted to take a Vanilla and mold her into their perfect baby... I dunno, still feels too simple.

1 hour ago, Wannatripbaby said:

Nah, that's too simple. Too straightforward for a Sophie and Pudding story. They're rich, if they just wanted a babygirl they could have their pick of any ABDL in the world. And while I suppose it *could* be that they wanted to take a Vanilla and mold her into their perfect baby... I dunno, still feels too simple.

I like that you have such high expectations of our works! ^_^ 

57 minutes ago, Sophie ♥ said:

I like that you have such high expectations of our works! ^_^ 

You've earned it! On all of DD there are about maybe 5 authors I trust to always produce quality content, and you're at the top of that list! :D

12 minutes ago, Wannatripbaby said:

You've earned it! On all of DD there are about maybe 5 authors I trust to always produce quality content, and you're at the top of that list! :D

>////////< Wow that is SO flattering.... thank you so much for such kindness!  Just for that, I'll get another chapter up today! ❤️ 

Chapter IV

"What's with the outfit?" "Huh?  Oh..." I looked down at the capri pants and the rainbow tee. "There's no way you went to work dressed like that," Sam said seriously, like I'd just jeopardized my entire career or something. "No, of course not.  But everyone thought I was standoffish or whatever, so I changed.  And they responded a lot better to these clothes, so..." I shrugged my shoulders and sat on the edge of Sam's bed.  Her room was a little smaller than mine, with a little less attention to detail.  To top it off, she had a twin sized bed.  Poor girl.

"Well, I'm glad that you were off getting to dress cute and meet new friends in the office. Do you wanna know what I did today?" Sam was using smaller words, struggling with keeping her breath in longer sentences because of the corset, but she actually seemed to be taking it in stride! "I learned how to breathe again. And then I dusted a library. Did you know they have a library and that every book needs to be dusted individually?"

"That sucks." "You have no idea.  And now I have to go downstairs and make you dinner." "No you don't.  I'll order a pizza or something.  I can afford it now." I got up from her bed and led the way down the stairs.  She struggled with each step, like they were as much a burden to descend as they were to climb.  And worse yet, we had to go down two flights before we hit the foyer.  Big houses, lots of walking.  Maybe that's how rich people stay thin.

"I'm really supposed to be making food for you," Sam protested, though it was half-hearted, like she wanted to be talked out of this. "They want you to feel cared for and looked after, and for me to learn 'servitude humility' whatever that means, something about us not seeing each other on the same station... or something." Sam thought it was dumb. Sam was getting paid a lot to not care.

"Well, that's super sweet of Mr. Gladstone, but I don't need to be looked after." Just as I turned the corner in the foyer, I nearly bumped right into a maid.  She was older, shorter, and rounder than me, with brown hair pulled back in a bun.  She was holding a silver tray in her arms and wore irritation on her face. "Oh, um.  Sorry..."

"That's quite alright, Lady Anderson, my apologies for being so careless.” She was kind and sweet and Italian, but her tone shifted dramatically when talking to Sam. "Samantha, have you prepared dinner for the Little Miss yet? You seem to be bumbling about and wasting her precious time."

"Oh, uh, well Sam and I are going to order some pizza actually.  So there's no need to make me any dinner." I said it with a smile, but the middle-aged woman shook her head and clicked her tongue like I'd said the silliest thing in the world.

"Samantha, one of your duties is to provide nutritional meals to your Little Miss, and ordering greasy and carbohydrate laden pizza will give her curves where she doesn't want them. Get to the kitchen and make her a meal." Ordinarily, Sam would have been a living sass machine and not taken that kind of response. But she mumbled her agreement before taking off to the kitchen.

"I... what?" Sam turned on her heel and went into the kitchen again and I stood dumbfounded in the foyer.  What just happened?  I found the power to move my feet and hurried after the maid and my best friend. "I can make my own decisions about what I eat.  And I want pizza.  Come on Sam, let's go."

"Nata-" The older maid clucked her tongue and Samantha winced, pouting. "I mean, Lady Anderson," Sam corrected herself, with one hand balled into a fist at her side, clearly unhappy. "I'm on work hours, and it would be unprofessional of me to simply abandon my duties..." Her words were uncertain, unpracticed, said through gritted teeth, but also with a look of hopefulness for approval up at her supervisory matron.

"You don't have to call me that," I said with about as much annoyance as Sam, but the old woman corrected me. "It's the rules of Mr. Gladstone.  You wouldn't want to violate his rules, would you?" I looked down at her serious expression, then up at my friend.  If Sam didn't follow the rules, she would get fired.  If she got fired, what would happen to me?  Suddenly my annoyance turned to worry. "Oh..."

"Manners and etiquette are not a sometimes thing, Lady Anderson. For help in the employ of Mr. Gladstone, this is a way of life. Please do your best to be strict on Samantha; it's taking her some time to adjust. Now, what were your plans?" For Sam to make dinner. That was the one right answer.

"I guess Sam can make dinner," I said quietly, at my feet.  I looked up to see my best friend roll her eyes.  She was annoyed.  She didn't want to be doting on me.  But I didn't want her to dote on me either!  But my job... ugh this was a mess.

"I don't even know how to cook," Sam lamented to her best friend, although by then a half hour had passed - Natalie had gone up to her room, Sam had gone to the kitchen, then Natalie had snuck back down to talk to her. Even now, she was obviously nervous because she hid in the doorway. Sam, to her credit, seemed to be doing quite a good job, because Sam full-well knew how to cook; she just hated doing it.

"What are you making, anyway?" "Grilled fish and green beans." "I don't like either of those things," I said sourly.  But what Mr. Gladstone had said rang in my head.  They were giving me a place to live.  They were giving me a job.  The least I could do was eat some green beans.  But fish?  Ick...

"It's what's on your meal plan," Sam offered, like knowing that fact would help in the slightest little bit to the fact her best friend wouldn't like any of the meal presented. "Mr. Gladstone said it would be good for your temperament and your skin and hair and stuff." There was definitely something in her tone, something... beaten down. Like Sam was already accepting her role here.

"Why does this guy care so much about what I do?" "Investment in an employee?" "Maybe," I sighed.  After all, I was a pretty big investment.  But I would never take such an interest in my employees.  Maybe it was just the way he was... "Cora took me shopping today, and I had a pretty good time.  I like her attitude.  She does what she wants."

"Yeah? You do what you want, too. What's gonna happen if what she wants and what you want are different?" Sam didn't sound bitter, though, as easily as she might have when saying that. Instead, she sounded... concerned.

Was she trying to poke holes in this?  We had a good thing going.  Yeah, we couldn't order pizza.  But we were making a ton of money here and we didn't even have bills to pay! "Don't worry about me," I told Sam. "At least I don't have to cook my own meals." Yeah, it was a cheap shot.

"You think I want to be doing this, Nat?" Calling her Nat was a risky move, but she was emotional. "You think I want to be a maid for my best friend?” One of the other maids came out of the walk in with some supplies in her hand, smiled silently, and walked out of the kitchen. It seemed to take away the wind in Natalie's sails.

“I didn’t say you did,” I said flatly.  But the silence had grown too heavy between us. “Whatever,” I muttered, and left my best friend alone in the kitchen.  We had spats all the time, I wasn't worried about it.  By the time she came upstairs with the tray in her hands, we were back to normal.  Two friends.  But one thing was different - this time, when I avoided my green beans, it was Sam who said something. "Finish your food, Natalie." And out of courtesy for her cooking, I did.

• Like 6
58 minutes ago, Sophie ♥ said:

>////////< Wow that is SO flattering.... thank you so much for such kindness!  Just for that, I'll get another chapter up today! ❤️ 

Awwww, you didn't have to do that... but I'm not complaining either. :D

I'll try to get around to reading it tonight. ♡

6 minutes ago, Wannatripbaby said:

Well Sam seems to be taking this a lot better than most human beings would. But then, I guess a fat paycheck on top of room & board... hell, would wear a corset! XD

I am a college student in my mid 20s and I can safely say that I would wear just about anything for a decent paycheck and no bills...