LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper Pal bugs

Just wondering if anyone knows any tricks on how to keep bugs out of your diaper pal/trash can kept outside?

I have a large plastic garbage can outside my patio with a plastic garbage bag liner that I like to collect poppy diapers in. I fold the plastic liner over, but some how I recently noticed these diaper bugs that fly and jump around on the diapers. I think they can penetrate the plastic and get in. What could you put in the garbage can that would keep them away?

Get a can of some really good bug and insect killing spray, then really spray your can full of the bug killer, and I mean over do it!  With the lid closed,that should let it build up and permeate the trash can for many days and stop it, or at least kill any bugs that get into your trash can. 

• Thanks 1

I would say use a better trash bag, and I would also with poop, use some cheap brand of zip loc type bag. That can get expensive but if the poop is sealed up tight you may still get flies but I would think that would seal up enough. I do know between our dog poop, and my pee diapers our can gets smelly after a week, we have a weekly trash pick up service.

• Thanks 1

Better yet you can put bugs traps in the pale and use it as an opportunity for pest control in your backyard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Get some boric acid powder. It’s sold in many stores as roach powder. I got a few pounds from amazon several years back. Use with caution. Cover hands and face. It will dry out the bugs. They are there for the moisture. They can walk through it and then they get water and it really dries them out. They can’t consume enough water to counter the powder. It is surprisingly non toxic to humans as long as you only use a small amount. It used to be in medicated foot powder but no longer. If it gets wet it will harden and be less harmful to bugs. It’s good for roaches, bed bugs, ants, all exoskeleton creatures. You’ll read up about it. Good luck.

• Thanks 1
On 7/1/2019 at 9:44 PM, Joep said:

Better yet you can put bugs traps in the pale

I have been doing that with them sticky square traps.

I didn't want to make the inside of the can or the bag toxic by using chemicals as the other members have said.

• 3 weeks later...