LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Dl Health Precautions?

Wet skin? Maybe using diapers will weaken my muscles over time? Some unintended health problem that being a dl could cause?

Does anyone have advice? Know of an article by a supportive doctor or nurse about the possible health issues (if there are any)?

Reasonable precautions? Places to ask if ______ is safe?

I know this isn't a fun topic, but I think it is important. And once it has been addressed, I'll have fun with diapers more easily.

Kermatt

I don’t have any medical references for you, but I can help with my own experiences. I’ve worn diapers on and off for ages (about 6 or 7 ages) and have not had anything worse than a diaper rash. The only time my pee muscle is "weak" is if I wear diapers for a few days straight and allow my pee to just flow freely. But, it can always be retrained back up within a day or two. Most muscles are pretty similar -- use it and it gets strong, don't use it and it gets weak. Unless there is cellular disease, it can usually become restrengthened within a short amount of time.

I guess I should not compare me to you, since we have different parts to worry about. Are you interested in having children? I once heard a rumor that some men can become impotent from wearing diapers over a long period of time. I’m just passing along gossip thought. I don’t know if this is true. I’ve never even considered having children, so I’m thinking this would be a plus in my book (if this was a medical consequence for girls, which it isn’t).

Wow, my contribution is pretty useless isn’t it, lol.

Sorry, I wish I could have helped more.

Health problems from being DL?

Hmm... I've been a DL since about 1970 and have never had a single problem directly attributable to it-- not even diaper rash. That's the only problem I can think a DL might have.

If by "weaken my muscles over time" you're talking about losing control and accidently un-toilet-training yourself... I don't think so. From what I've heard, it takes a pretty concerted effort to get to that point; at least, you have to want to do that. I have no problem flooding my diaper whenever I want; OTOH if I'm not wearing one, I have no problem holding on.

All I can think of, besides diaper rash, is maybe the stress of worrying about your family/friends/SO finding out... but other than that, I'm at a loss.

Vinyl.

Are you interested in having children? I once heard a rumor that some men can become impotent from wearing diapers over a long period of time. I’m just passing along gossip thought. I don’t know if this is true. I’ve never even considered having children, so I’m thinking this would be a plus in my book (if this was a medical consequence for girls, which it isn’t).

Runaway, I think what you may have heard is that diapers (disposables in particular) can cause heat to build up in the testicles, cooking the sperm, which can cause infertility. I can't imagine how diapers could cause impotence, nor have I ever heard such a thing.

I too have wondered if there could be any medical risks to wearing diapers, specifically prostate problems. About three years ago I began to get prostate infections called prostatitis, which is absolutely no fun. Each time the infection was easily treated with antibiotics . . . until I got one that wasn't so easily fixed. This was chronic non-bacterial prostatitis, which was enough to drive me absolutely crazy. I secretly wondered if wearing diapers had anything to do with it, but flat-out denied that possibility to my wife because I had found no connection on the Internet and had even asked a couple of nurses over the Internet. But the best I could do was find out that no one had heard of such a thing; no one could rule it out.

Finally, I asked my urologist's PA, who said diapers could absolutely not be the cause. No way, no how. That was a huge relief. Still, to this day, even though my condition is under control, I only wet my diapers when I'm standing up and my dingle is dangling with no obstruction--precautions resulting from my reading.

So, can diapers cause any medical problems? They're almost certainly not responsible for my issues, but you never know. I just wish I didn't need them so much.

-RMS

"...can cause infertility. I can't imagine how diapers could cause impotence, nor have I ever heard such a thing."

Ahhh, I Knew it started with an i ... lol :)

Hmm, well ive heard that heat build up in the testies can cause issues.... Recently it was found that men who take 30 mins + baths in hot water every night are more likely to suffure from impotince. Basicly sperm need a certian temp range to be... created? or live or whatever :P. Thats why your balls hang free when its warm, and why they suck up inside you when cold. So having a diaper on imo could cause some issues in this department, but if you're trying for a kid i'd just not wear diapers for a while :P.

As for other issues, just don't wear 24/7 imo, take breaks say 1-2 days a week or so, and everything else won't become an issue, you still need to retain control for those few days (so keep control cause the bladder is still being trained not to let go) and diaper rash will be less likely :P.

I've never heard of any "typical" diaper play activities that would cause any problems, other than the possible issue of reduced sperm counts. I'm not a doctor, so I won't comment on that issue. There are a few "extreme" play activities that could be a problem, however...

Some people like to wear catheters while wearing diapers, which puts them at a high risk of getting bladder infections. If you want to play with catheters, you need to do some serious research and consideration of the risks.

Hepatitis would be a concern for someone who does scat play, though simply pooping in your diaper shouldn't be a concern. (and i'm not saying that scat play and diaper play are related, but it's worth keeping in mind for those who do go wilder than just pooping in a diaper)

Don't drink alot of liquids (expecially water) in an attempt to flood your diaper, as it is possible to die from drinking too much liquids. Drinking as little as a half gallon of water in a short period of time can be fatal. Enemas can potentially cause this if you try to hold a large one in for a long period of time.

I've never heard of any "typical" diaper play activities that would cause any problems, other than the possible issue of reduced sperm counts. I'm not a doctor, so I won't comment on that issue. There are a few "extreme" play activities that could be a problem, however...

Some people like to wear catheters while wearing diapers, which puts them at a high risk of getting bladder infections. If you want to play with catheters, you need to do some serious research and consideration of the risks.

Hepatitis would be a concern for someone who does scat play, though simply pooping in your diaper shouldn't be a concern. (and i'm not saying that scat play and diaper play are related, but it's worth keeping in mind for those who do go wilder than just pooping in a diaper)

Don't drink alot of liquids (expecially water) in an attempt to flood your diaper, as it is possible to die from drinking too much liquids. Drinking as little as a half gallon of water in a short period of time can be fatal. Enemas can potentially cause this if you try to hold a large one in for a long period of time.

I'd add here that you can react to the ingredients in diaper rash ointment...like vitamin a....

but I don't think that water intoxication is a serious risk in people with normally functioning kidneys who are drinking water by the glass and paying attention to how they feel. The body lets you know, the water just doesn't taste good...

and I've been dehydrated by two quarts of water, more or less, as well....marching up a mountain....

Wearing anything more restrictive than a kilt could lower sperm count. And you only want sperm if you are going to have kids so you could concider it birth control. As for untraining some people here have been wearing 24/7 for a long time and claim not to have lost control.

Enemas can potentially cause this if you try to hold a large one in for a long period of time.

That's a load of Bull Sh%*, my friend. I've been doing large volume enemas for over 20 years and I hold them a long time. I know people who can do twice what I do without ever having a problem. Your butt hole would give way before any damage can be done. The only fatality I have ever heard of was from a high colonic, where the person could not pass the water and it kept flowing into him.

Please don't talk about what you don't know. Giving people wrong information is not a good thing.

That's a load of Bull Sh%*, my friend. I've been doing large volume enemas for over 20 years and I hold them a long time. I know people who can do twice what I do without ever having a problem. Your butt hole would give way before any damage can be done. The only fatality I have ever heard of was from a high colonic, where the person could not pass the water and it kept flowing into him.

Please don't talk about what you don't know. Giving people wrong information is not a good thing.

Wow, you're a real nice guy. Lots of anger there, "my friend". :rolleyes: I like the part about giving people wrong information, expecially in light of this:

"Preparatory laxatives and cleansing enemas have been implicated in some instances of dehydration, rectal trauma, water intoxication, and perforation."

(from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.f...t_uids=1889235)

That is from a paper that was written by a doctor and is posted on the National Institutes of Health website. A simple search for '"water intoxication" enema' returns many similar results.

Don't interpret this wrong, nobody, including me, says that this is common. A healthy person who is acting reasonably is probably not going to get water intoxication, either by enema or drinking too much water.

But at the same time, I recall a guy here who claimed that he had been using a homemade catheter for two weeks to achieve incontinence. There are some people who are dumb enough to do something like, say, drink a gallon of water so they can have a huge diaper flood. And of course, there are also people who aren't completely healthy and would be more susceptible to water intoxication. Which is why I mentioned water intoxication.

Wow, you're a real nice guy. Lots of anger there, "my friend". :rolleyes: I like the part about giving people wrong information, expecially in light of this:

"Preparatory laxatives and cleansing enemas have been implicated in some instances of dehydration, rectal trauma, water intoxication, and perforation."

(from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.f...t_uids=1889235)

That is from a paper that was written by a doctor and is posted on the National Institutes of Health website. A simple search for '"water intoxication" enema' returns many similar results.

Don't interpret this wrong, nobody, including me, says that this is common. A healthy person who is acting reasonably is probably not going to get water intoxication, either by enema or drinking too much water.

But at the same time, I recall a guy here who claimed that he had been using a homemade catheter for two weeks to achieve incontinence. There are some people who are dumb enough to do something like, say, drink a gallon of water so they can have a huge diaper flood. And of course, there are also people who aren't completely healthy and would be more susceptible to water intoxication. Which is why I mentioned water intoxication.

I am sorry if I came off a little harsh. It’s not like me to be cantankerous but I get angry when I see things like this. Giving partial information is as bad as giving wrong information. Because of your post someone who could have benefited from enema use might have been scared off.

Let’s get our facts straight.

Enema use is completely natural and safe.

It has been done pretty much since the beginning of recorded history.

You wash every other part of your body so why wouldn’t you wash there also.

By middle age the average person is carrying between 5 and 15 pounds of putrefied fecal matter in the walls of their intestines. Some people a lot more. (Just read Elvis Presley’s autopsy report.)

No one has ever died from taking a simple enema. People die from going to extremes weather its drugs, driving, sex or even water. As with everything in life there is use and abuse.

Sure, if you put a gallon and a half of water up your ass, insert a butt plug and hang yourself upside down you would probable die. Most normal, rational people are not going to do that.

Some people have a proclivity to go to extremes with everything they do and nothing is going to change that.

Anyone interested should visit enemabag.com and click on safe and unsafe enemas for correct information about enemas. They have lots of facts and tips on enema use. Another favorite site is www.bethtyler.com

Again, my apologies for being rude.