LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

24/7 startups, and unexpected pitfalls?

6 hours ago, oznl said:

I imagine that a Tantric nappy change would take a long time, be dimly lit and involve intermittent use of gongs but that's just the way my broken brain works.

There has to be a business opportunity there, once all this pandemic madness is behind us. Maybe one of us should write the "Kama Nursera". 

By God, Sting isn't Scottish? This changes everything. 

I'm in a medium Megamax today; I have to say that this is a very comfortable nappy. I wore a Bambino Classico for much of yesterday, and that is also a great diaper, very comfortable, but I think the Megamax is more tailored to my physique (or lack thereof). It's snug in all the right places, impressively capable, but also compact enough to wear anywhere. This is not the case for the large Megamax, which is comically oversized on me. I would bet that if I put a medium on under a large, after suitably perforating the cover of the medium, I could wear the combination for 24 hours straight. Although I couldn't go anywhere, because my midsection would have its own gravitational pull, to say nothing of the waddling. 

Pandemic restrictions are easing up here, and social opportunities are expanding, so I have ordered some additional 1-size-too-large shorts. My current diaper inventory stands me until the fall, and Rearz is having another sale next Friday. One unexpected development has been the limited reopening of the gym I attended before the apocalypse commenced. I used to go there two to three times a week, primarily to attend, and occasionally teach, martial arts classes. That is one venue I never fully mastered attending in a diaper - I did it a couple or a few times, maybe, but it's been closed for most of the past 18 months, and I've only been there once or twice since I made the impulsive and fateful decision to launch my bag full of boxer shorts into a dumpster, when I moved in the fall. 

For now, it will still be socially-distanced martial arts, IE, not really martial arts at all, but rather, martial arts-themed workouts, with no contact, and, if I can wear a Prevail 360 on a 5 mile run, presumably, I can wear one to the gym. I did it a couple of times. BUT, when we go back to business as usual, which will hopefully happen at some point this year, then, what will I do? It bears some consideration. I've dedicated about a decade to achieving the "rank" I have, and I don't want to let those skills decay like an unused language or an unrefrigerated melon. But, real, hands-on classes occasionally involve very close contact between the participants - we punch and kick each other (carefully), and throw each other, and pin each other. We sometimes quite literally kick each other's asses... and what feedback will that present, when one of the asses padded?

One saving grace is that our gi's are pretty heavy and oversized, so, with a onesie to prevent waistband excursions, I can definitely disguise a diaper... but, what about when someone attempts a takedown? When they are physically in contact with me, possibly with arms wrapped around one of my legs, their head pressed against my hip? It's an interesting new frontier. 

Also, as much as I've become fairly adept at doing basically everything I normally do while wearing a diaper (I'm in a meeting right now wearing only a golf shirt and the aforementioned Megamax), without being unduly distracted, one thing I haven't done much of, is teaching while diapered. I have to center myself and project a confident demeaner - it's really kind of like putting on a one-man play. Or two-man (or two-person), if I have an assistant, or I am the assistant. There is a flow to it that, when everything is ticking over smoothly, can be quite satisfying, but if the rhythm is off, everyone can feel it, and it can become a bit like dental surgery. 

Will wearing a diaper interrupt my flow? (While also enabling my flow... heh heh). I guess at some point I'll have to find out.  

Well, today is another shirt-and-a-diaper day for me. "Day" may a be a bit ambitious, but "morning" would be pretty accurate. My wife is out and my kids are in online school, so I have the office to myself, but I'll put pants on before I go down to the kitchen for lunch. 

It will be interesting to see what life is like once the pandemic is largely behind us. We are getting tantalizingly close - most people I know have had at least their first dose of one of the vaccines, and we are going through a phased reopening, with stores now open at reduced capacity, and patio dining once again legal. I'd been 24/7 for a bit less than a year when the pandemic struck, and back then, I was still playing around with wearing store-bought diapers during the day, because they were slimmer and quieter. Since then, I've moved to wearing "real" plastic-backed ABDL or pro-grade medical diapers all the time. Once the kids go back to school, I could, in theory, wear just a diaper whenever I'm working in the home office, although I'm still a bit shy about traipsing around in just a diaper in front of my wife, other than for a couple of hours before we go to bed. I did it a couple of times, back before the kids were home all day, every day, and I got some eye rolls and some "nice outfit" comments from her. We'll see. 

I'm in another medium Megamax. Great diaper, very comfortable. I put this one on just before I went to bed, and when I woke up, it was dry, so, in theory, I should be able to ride this one out until late afternoon. I'm going golfing after work if the weather holds, so I'll swap this for a medium Lil' Monster and wear that until bedtime, when I'll spin the wheel of nappies and see what comes up. 

In talking to people here, I get the impression that, when it comes to diaper preferences, there are two types - "Cigarette Type" and the "Craft Beer Type". The cigarette people choose their diapers like most smokers choose their cigarettes - they have a go-to brand (or type, such as cloth), that they almost never deviate from, unless they have to, in which case they have a back-up go-to. They pretty much never just pick something on a whim. 

Whereas the craft beer DL craves variety - they shop for diapers like beer aficionados shop for beer, looking for something new, always wondering if there's something better out there, or something different. With new diapers, as with new beer, sometimes you get burned, but, sometimes you get pleasantly surprised. 

I'm located somewhere at the midpoint of the spectrum I just drew out - I love trying out new diapers, and when I have a drawer with several options in it, it's always a bit of thrill making a selection. One of my favourite activities is restocking my diaper drawer from my basement inventory, choosing a little of this, and a little of that - it means another week in plastic underwear is underway. But, that said, there are definitely circumstances where I would much rather wear a tried-and-tested solution, than something new and exciting, because maybe the single-tape unicorn-emblazoned "Toddler Ultra-Dry" I bought on a whim might render my shorts less than ultra-dry at the neighbourhood barbecue, whereas I know that in a Lil' Monster, I have a good 6 hours before I need to start doing any math. 

Where do you place yourself on that continuum? Do you choose your diapers like you choose your brand of ketchup, or do you like to mix it up? 

3 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

Well, today is another shirt-and-a-diaper day for me. "Day" may a be a bit ambitious, but "morning" would be pretty accurate. My wife is out and my kids are in online school, so I have the office to myself, but I'll put pants on before I go down to the kitchen for lunch. 

It will be interesting to see what life is like once the pandemic is largely behind us. We are getting tantalizingly close - most people I know have had at least their first dose of one of the vaccines, and we are going through a phased reopening, with stores now open at reduced capacity, and patio dining once again legal. I'd been 24/7 for a bit less than a year when the pandemic struck, and back then, I was still playing around with wearing store-bought diapers during the day, because they were slimmer and quieter. Since then, I've moved to wearing "real" plastic-backed ABDL or pro-grade medical diapers all the time. Once the kids go back to school, I could, in theory, wear just a diaper whenever I'm working in the home office, although I'm still a bit shy about traipsing around in just a diaper in front of my wife, other than for a couple of hours before we go to bed. I did it a couple of times, back before the kids were home all day, every day, and I got some eye rolls and some "nice outfit" comments from her. We'll see. 

I'm in another medium Megamax. Great diaper, very comfortable. I put this one on just before I went to bed, and when I woke up, it was dry, so, in theory, I should be able to ride this one out until late afternoon. I'm going golfing after work if the weather holds, so I'll swap this for a medium Lil' Monster and wear that until bedtime, when I'll spin the wheel of nappies and see what comes up. 

In talking to people here, I get the impression that, when it comes to diaper preferences, there are two types - "Cigarette Type" and the "Craft Beer Type". The cigarette people choose their diapers like most smokers choose their cigarettes - they have a go-to brand (or type, such as cloth), that they almost never deviate from, unless they have to, in which case they have a back-up go-to. They pretty much never just pick something on a whim. 

Whereas the craft beer DL craves variety - they shop for diapers like beer aficionados shop for beer, looking for something new, always wondering if there's something better out there, or something different. With new diapers, as with new beer, sometimes you get burned, but, sometimes you get pleasantly surprised. 

I'm located somewhere at the midpoint of the spectrum I just drew out - I love trying out new diapers, and when I have a drawer with several options in it, it's always a bit of thrill making a selection. One of my favourite activities is restocking my diaper drawer from my basement inventory, choosing a little of this, and a little of that - it means another week in plastic underwear is underway. But, that said, there are definitely circumstances where I would much rather wear a tried-and-tested solution, than something new and exciting, because maybe the single-tape unicorn-emblazoned "Toddler Ultra-Dry" I bought on a whim might render my shorts less than ultra-dry at the neighbourhood barbecue, whereas I know that in a Lil' Monster, I have a good 6 hours before I need to start doing any math. 

Where do you place yourself on that continuum? Do you choose your diapers like you choose your brand of ketchup, or do you like to mix it up? 

I definitely have a go to. Megamax. Thats all I use 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Ginger said:

I definitely have a go to. Megamax. Thats all I use 

@Ginger

That is because, MEGAMAX ***ARE*** designed well for people who are totally incontinent:  I Do like the COLORS though ;)

Brian

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

In theory I'm more of a 'Mummy knows best type'.  If I had my choice I'd have no say in what nappies I was wearing.  But of course life's not like that, or at least mine isn't.  I stick to cloth nappies that I know work well, and of course they last for years.  When I'm in disposables, which is maybe 5% of the year, then I try different ones.  Some are vanilla, where they may get spotted, and some are AB, which I prefer, as any toddler would.  But I don't feel a need to try everything on the market.  A choice of 2 or 3 is enough for me. 

And as an adult I haven't smoked for over 40 years and I prefer English cask real ale to craft beer.  A nice pint of Unicorn would go down well this lunchtime, for instance...

I agree, @~Brian~ & @Ginger - the colours are nice. I've only tried the white and the blue, but I want to get some of the tie-dye and the pink ones sooner or later. The blue is very sober looking, and doesn't look like a diaper to me, and they are also very LARGE - I bought them in size large when I was figuring out what the best fit was for me in Megamax's. They'd last me 18 hours or more, if I could find 18 hours where I didn't have to interact with anyone other than maybe my wife - they're so big they'd be difficult to hide. 

7 hours ago, Stroller said:

I prefer English cask real ale to craft beer. 

English cask ale is wonderful stuff - it is among the first "craft beers", really. There are countless varieties, many of which can only be had in one or a handful of places. True micro-brews, almost nano-brews. Being in Canada, there is not a great assortment of cask ales available at pubs - sadly, the pub taps are dominated by fizzy yellow macro-swill, although craft beers are making inroads at the better places, and we have a few dedicated "beer nerd" bars that have dozens or even over a hundred beers on tap, from small local breweries, and from around the world.  But our best source for unique and interesting beers are the breweries themselves, and then our provincial nanny-state alcohol distribution system, which mandated for a long time that all such products could only be acquired in dedicated, state-owned liquor or beer stores, although, strangely, the liquor stores had a better selection of beer than the beer stores did. But the beer stores carried no liquor. Now, you can also buy beer in some grocery stores, although the pricing is identical everywhere - this is, again, state-mandated, presumably to protect us from ourselves. If beer was $2 a can, we'd all go crazy, whereas at $3, we are capable of rational decision making. 

I make my own beer so I have somewhat emancipated myself from the nanny state. I guess they figure that because it takes a couple of weeks to make a batch, there's not likely to be much "impulse drinking", so they haven't mandated that I can't brew after 10 PM or before noon on Sundays. Although once I have 10 gallons of it on hand, I could theoretically be plastered for a week straight, for maybe $40 CAD. But I try to make good beer, which isn't the same as swilling beer - I have a batch of 7.5% Saison on the go right now. It will probably last me a long time, and I will give a lot of it away. If I set out to finish one of the kegs in a sitting, I'd end up on the transplant list. 

8 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

English cask ale is wonderful stuff - it is among the first "craft beers", really.

Ruddles County was my favourite when living there.  Honorable mentions to "JC Director's special" and "Theakstons Old Peculier".  I even like it served at "cellar temperature" as those beers were designed to be to avoid harsh notes.  I was always bewildered as to why so many of my UK colleagues drank Fosters.

If beer was $2 a can, we'd all go crazy, whereas at $3, we are capable of rational decision making.

Whilst it is possible to find beer at $2 per can in Australia, it will be fizzy yellow swill.  A decent IPA (with its necessarily higher ABV) will be more like $5 per can.  For an imperial, expect to pay $7 a can or more.  And still, the "Alcohol Action Coalition" shrieks incessantly about when the Government is "going to get SERIOUS about taxing alcohol to reflect its cost on society" (ie: impose prohibition by economics).  Unless there is regime change, it will eventually become unaffordable in Australia anyway.  The alcohol tax increases are applied TWICE yearly and compounded, the effect of which is that we are now very close to the upper end of the OECD for beer prices.   When I rule the country, I will order these wowsers to be submerged in vats of fizzy yellow swill until they share my wisdom or the bubbles stop coming up: whatever happens first.

The effect of these continually-escalating tax rates is mitigated somewhat by large brewers finding ever-cheaper ways of making fizzy yellow swill but craft beer is silly money, part of the reason why I choose to make it: working my way through a Sierra-Nevada torpedo IPA clone with some imperial stout in secondary in the cellar and some narci-citra IPA fermenting in a beer 'droid.

16 hours ago, Stroller said:

A nice pint of Unicorn would go down well this lunchtime, for instance...

Never tried it but a quick google suggests that it's occasionally glimpsed in Australia but presently unobtainium.  Perhaps the free trade agreement that just got signed post-BREXIT might change this although I'm deeply suspicious about why so many UK beers have converged down to ABV of between 4 and 4.5%.  I suspect tax shenanigans.

8 hours ago, oznl said:

Never tried it but a quick google suggests that it's occasionally glimpsed in Australia but presently unobtainium.  Perhaps the free trade agreement that just got signed post-BREXIT might change this although I'm deeply suspicious about why so many UK beers have converged down to ABV of between 4 and 4.5%.  I suspect tax shenanigans.

Cask ale doesn't travel - it needs to be drunk shortly after brewing as it's not pasteurised and the yeast is still alive.  It's not the same in bottles.  As for the ABV, we like it that way.  Most pubs will have at least one bitter at 4 to 4.5%, as well as one or two stronger ones.  The 4 to 4.5% beers sell best, and the stronger ones aren't particularly more expensive in terms of alcohol for your money.  The stronger beers are generally too sweet for my taste.  Beers have become stronger over my lifetime - the average cooking bitter 40 years ago was more like 3.5 to 3.7% ABV, and many drank mild ale which was even weaker (and has now virtually disappeared).

Edit: Oh, and I got my Unicorn yesterday lunchtime, sitting in the pub garden in the sunshine with my daughter.  2 1/2 pints and a good sandwich.  Bliss.  Binky ate half a bag of biscuits as usual (that's the dog not the daughter).  That wrote the rest of the day off pretty effectively, but I held it together to time my afternoon nappy change right.

11 hours ago, Stroller said:

Edit: Oh, and I got my Unicorn yesterday lunchtime, sitting in the pub garden in the sunshine with my daughter.  2 1/2 pints and a good sandwich.  Bliss.  Binky ate half a bag of biscuits as usual (that's the dog not the daughter).  That wrote the rest of the day off pretty effectively, but I held it together to time my afternoon nappy change right.

I had my first pint on a patio since the gradual reopening commenced. It was a couple of Mill Street Organic Lagers, far from the best beer but light and suitable for having to drive afterwards. It was glorious to sit on a patio, even if it started raining and we had to pull our chairs in and huddle a bit under the umbrella. 

I also did my first martial arts class in a while, distanced, and with only a few participants. I wore one of my Prevail 360 Breezers and a snap-shirt onesie, and it felt pretty good, although I am definitely out of shape compared with this time last year. I still haven't figured out what I'm going to wear when we eventually go back to actual hand-to-hand fighting drills - I've had my head pressed up against people's hips or lower backs during grappling drills, and people have been in the same position with me - it can be very up-close. And I've literally kicked peoples asses, and had my ass kicked in fights - with bare feet. Can the bulk of a diaper be discerned via a quick kick in the ass? If someone has their ear pressed against my hip during a take-down, will they hear crinkling? I already know I smell like baby powder - someone commented during a class a couple of years ago that it must be because of my kids. I wasn't wearing diapers in class then, but I had had one on until moments before class. 

This past weekend, I roofed a shed while wearing a Rearz Essential. I feel like I'm pushing the limits of what most nappy manufacturers envision their customers doing in their products. I'm not active to an Olympian level, but, I do a lot of physical activity while wearing diapers. I'm happy to say that the Essential more than held up its end of the bargain. I'm in another one right now - this is a very comfortable, capable product. I'd say that they're essentially interchangeable with the Northshore Megamax, with only the sizing differing slightly - I'm a large in the Essential, and a medium in the Megamax. 

Indeed, I think one of the critical differences between ABDL diapers, and almost everything else on the market, and which accounts for the order-of-magnitude quality differences, is that, for the most part, the person wearing the diaper is the customer, for ABDL products, whereas for a lot of the low-end medical products on the market, the person buying the diaper is the customer, and the person wearing it is almost irrelevant. 

I very much enjoyed being able to spend a nice day outdoors, helping friends with a project, wearing a diaper, and not worrying or thinking much about it, really. All of this is far from new to me, but am happy to report that it's still a thrill to be able to wear a diaper all the time, everywhere. 

I had a diaper dream last night, the same one I've had a couple of times now, where I need to pee, and I'm trying to, and it's not working. Then, I wake up, and lo and behold, I need to pee. It's like my subconscious now recognizes what I "want" to have happen, and is trying to be accommodating, but, there has been a physiological coup, and the muscles, so willing to slack off during the day, ardently man their posts at night. I'm starting to understand why people play around with stents, not that I have any inclination to do so. It was so easy to wet the bed, as a kid - you don't know what you have 'till it's gone, I guess. 

Speaking of that far off time, barely remembered, I was speaking of that far off time, barely remembered, with someone here, and they asked me if there had been any "rules" about my being in diapers back then, and, if I wanted any rules imposed on me now. The latter is an interesting question... I'm not sure, would be the answer. Would I like it if someone were willing to participate in some gentle play in that department? Perhaps. But the only person I could envision doing that would be my wife, and she's not into it. She puts up with my infantile underpants, but she's not a fan of them. So I don't think I'd want her to reluctantly, half-heartedly play along, although the few times she has actually interacted physically with my diaper, I always get a thrill from it. She's never changed me or anything like that, but she has helped me repair a diaper with tape, and she's swatted me on the butt here and there. 

If she ever proclaimed that she wanted me to wear a particular diaper, for example, I would definitely play along, although I don't want to create a situation where she's now in charge of that, because I could easily foresee it all going to hell when she said that she would prefer that I not wear a diaper for such-and-such an occasion. I've worked hard to get to where I am, and I'm not going to surrender any of my "progress". 

As to what the rules were when I was a kid, I'd have to say that it's a pretty boring account, by the standards set in the stories and such that I've read here. Diapers went on when it was time to get ready for bed, and that could be anytime from right after dinner, to five minutes before the lights went out, depending on what was going on. I sometimes wore diapers in the car, but that wasn't very common - it usually occurred if we were on a cross-country trek, or, if we were driving to or from somewhere at an unusually late hour. 

There weren't any rules about my "having" to use the diaper once it was on - I was allowed to pull it down and pee in the toilet, and nobody expected me to poop in the thing - I think they'd have been shocked if I did. I was not, however, allowed to undo the tabs, once the diaper was on - if I wanted to do that, I had to seek help, because the diapers of that era (the 1980's) did not have tabs that welcomed being removed - they pretty much always tore the front of the diaper to shreds. I usually had some help putting them on; as I got older, I would position it and pull it down over myself, and sometimes affix one side, and then have the other side snugged up. I never asked why it went that way, but I assume that it had to do with the potential for leaks - when I was wetting while I slept back then, I was WETTING. There was no playing around. 

As to when it came off, that was pretty much up to me as well. There was no requirement for an inspection or anything like that. I could chuck it into the trash at will. In practice, sometimes I walked around in a diaper for part of the morning, if it was a weekend - I think that, even then, I was cultivating a certain enjoyment of them. But if there was anyone else around or anything pressing going on, I would just as likely pull it off as soon as I changed out of my pajamas. I can recall leaving a diaper on under my daytime clothes a couple of times, just to see what it would be like, but I always felt like it was probably extremely obvious. It was a source of great anxiety to me to find myself at a gas station or a restaurant with a diaper on under my jeans, on those rare occasions when I wore one in the car, so, I didn't tend to replicate that situation willingly - the few times that I secretly wore one, it was only around the house. The only exception being when I wore a homemade cloth diaper to school a couple of times, but that was later, after I had outgrown needing to wear diapers - I would have been maybe 11 or 12 when I did that, and in retrospect, it was deeply ill-advised, but I was struggling with my feelings surrounding the wearing of diapers, as I've detailed here before - not wanting to "have to", wanting to be more grown up and independent, but, at the same time, since I'd outgrown wearing them, I was experiencing a hollowness. Something was missing. 

Happily, that "something" is no longer missing. I have a couple of hundred of them queued up in my basement.

Ever had a strong urge to poop in your diaper, but then dissuade yourself? I went through that this morning. Background: I pretty much never go #2 in my diaper. It creates a lot of work, and it's also the end of that diaper - I'm not the type that can linger in it, once it's happened. My household is too busy, first of all - I can't have a stinky load on board for any length of time, or I'm going to end up facing questions. Secondly, I've done battle with chronic diaper rash before, and I have no desire to go through that again - one of the "accomplishments" that I'm really satisfied with is not having a diaper rash that lasted more than a day, in probably 18 months or so. 

However, I was in a meeting this morning, and I really needed to go - the morning coffee had done it's work. A voice inside my head whispered "You have a diaper on, don't worry about it, what could be more natural...?" But then another, less seductive, more rational voice said "Do you have 30 minutes to deal with this? And your diaper has only been on for a couple of hours - is this going to be a four-diaper day?" 

After much consideration, I elected to hold on until I could escape from the meeting and go to the washroom. This produced an interesting result, however: I find that when I really need to hold #2, sometimes, allowing #1 events to occur intermittently becomes more difficult, because relaxing in one area threatens relaxation in the other area as well. However, when I got up to go to the washroom, as I was walking, I spontaneously started wetting, just slightly - it wasn't a full-flow event, but, when I tried to clamp down on it, as an experiment, it did not completely stop. I've read that sometimes constipation can cause urge incontinence, or even bedwetting, in kids, because a full colon can put pressure on the bladder, although I never gave it much thought - my parents never tried laxatives on me as a kid, and I never tried them with my kids. But, I wonder if that was at play here. Uncontrolled daytime flow, however minor, is not a common event for me. I'd say what I typically have are frequent "half-controlled" wettings,  because they never start on their own (as far as I have been able to determine... spending one's days entirely in damp, good-quality disposables does reduce the fidelity of information coming from that area). However, once I open the gates, everything plays out on autopilot, I have close to no ability to stop a transfer, I have found myself, on occasion, still voiding lightly, minutes after I thought I was done. 

I don't think that this portends a slide towards the much-vaunted (by some people) "trained incontinence" that I'm not sure I want, but, it's another interesting mile marker on a journey into the unknown.

On another topic, I wore a Rearz Lil' Splash yesterday while disassembling, moving, and reassembling a 10' x 10' shed. This marks another chapter in my ongoing series about doing things in diapers that I'm not sure the manufacturer envisioned. I'm happy to report that, thanks to my oversized cargo shorts and diaper shirt, I was able to work side-by-side with friends in close quarters, climbing ladders and stooping over, without worrying that someone would notice my baby pants. My hat off to Rearz - the diaper held up well, was comfortable the whole time, never chaffed, and the stuffing stayed where it was, rather than settling into the bottom, as some diapers do under active wearing. 

So it's approaching 2 am here, and I'm up and on the site, because I went to bed somewhat early for a Friday, but, having had a couple of double IPA's and needing to get up in the morning to help a buddy move some furniture for his mom, it seemed like a good idea. I fell asleep and sometime in the next hour or so, I had that dream again, the one where I am trying to wee in my diaper, and I can't. Then, I woke up, and, what do you know... I was in a dry diaper, and, I really needed to pee. Hmmmm. Seems like my subconscious wants to embrace "wetting the bed" (or rather, wetting in bed), but, my physiology isn't cooperating. These "trying to pee" dreams are new to me - I never had them before. 

18 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

So it's approaching 2 am here, and I'm up and on the site, because I went to bed somewhat early for a Friday, but, having had a couple of double IPA's and needing to get up in the morning to help a buddy move some furniture for his mom, it seemed like a good idea. I fell asleep and sometime in the next hour or so, I had that dream again, the one where I am trying to wee in my diaper, and I can't. Then, I woke up, and, what do you know... I was in a dry diaper, and, I really needed to pee. Hmmmm. Seems like my subconscious wants to embrace "wetting the bed" (or rather, wetting in bed), but, my physiology isn't cooperating. These "trying to pee" dreams are new to me - I never had them before. 

You may well find that being a bit wet in the first place will tip the balance here (assuming this is what you are looking for).  It's a bit like your subconscious says "@#$% it.  You're wet anyway..."

Pee dreams were certainly a thing for me during the transition to bed-wetting but they are rare now.  The early phases of sleep wetting simply involved waking up in nappies far wetter than I could remember making them.  I suspect those early events were associated with a pattern of pee dreams whereby I was constantly finding places to pee but there was never any relief before, eventually, there WAS relief, along with a startlingly realistic pee sensation.

Last night was a wet one again for me.  I'd gone to bed in a damp BetterDry and (imagined) that I had slept right through.  I awoke with an empty bladder and the terry lining on my waterproofs wet on one side.  It looks like I "went" on my side instead of my back during the night.  I've no idea when this might have happened.  No dreams, just pee.  Alcohol was involved.

I had a business idea last night. It think it sprang from an article I read a while back about a phenomenon called a "financial dominatrix" - there was an article in the NYT, I think, about ladies who make money by entering into a consensual relationship with guys, and dominating them financially. Apparently for most of them, there is no contact or anything else involved - they just demand money from these guys, and the guys pay it, because they enjoy being dominated. I can't say I understand it, but then again, a lot of people don't understand why I'm compelled to live my life wearing baby's underpants, so, I'm not judging. 

Anyway, I had a thought - what about a "Financial Daddy" or "Financial Mommy"? The concept as I envision it would be a sort of diaper accountability arrangement. The customer - let's call him or her the Little - transfers their financial "Big", a not-insignificant sum of money. It has to be enough to matter to them - $50 isn't going to work. Let's say it's $1000. Obviously, there has to be a bit of trust here, so that part might take some work, but people buy things online all the time - if there's good reviews, that would probably help, but it is going to be a bit of a risk for the first customers - the "Big" should only go into this with a plan to be trustworthy and upstanding. 

The Big gets, say, $200 off the top - that's their payment for their time, and also covers their cell phone data etc. The other $800 is going to be repaid back to the Little - BUT, only if they play by the rules. There would have to be an agreement on the creation of those rules - either the Little gets to spell them out, or, they agree that it's up to the Big. 

Then, the Big could conduct diaper checks by photography or video, or dictate what clothes they want the little to wear, or specify changing times, or deny access to the potty, or specify which diapers their Little has to wear and when, and if they're to use a pacifier or bottle or wear a short dress and go have lunch at a restaurant, etc. Whatever they, or the Little, comes up with as the rules for the game. Maybe they have to throw their underwear away, maybe they have to spend 72 hours or a week or whatever, in diapers, and the financial arrangement keeps them accountable. Every time they comply, they earn some of their money back, which gets transferred at the end of the day or whatever, and if they don't comply or don't furnish evidence of compliance in a timely manner, they pay a "fine" - some of their money gets diverted, maybe split between the Big and a future payment to the little, for another task they have to complete or more time where they have to comply.

If it works out, everyone has a good time, maybe the Little breaks through some personal barriers and is held to account and feels a little bit 'little', and they get most of their money back. It would provide an avenue for harmless "virtual caregiving". The key to it is that the Big has to be scrupulous and reputable. If they use it as an opportunity to commit fraud, the business model suffers, needless to say...

I'm thinking about ditching my pacifier tether & clip. I've been using one for at least the last two years (the tether - it's probably been 3 years for the pacifiers themselves), ever since an incident where I slept over in a buddy's guest bedroom and lost track of a pacifier, which made for a stressful week, until I had a chance to get back over to his place and have another look, whereupon I found it under the bed. I was terrified of his wife washing the bedding and finding an adult-sized pacifier. 

However, that was relatively early in my pacifier use, and these days, I never spit the thing out - I don't think it's happened once in the past year. So the clip is largely superfluous, although admittedly, it's a cute touch. But why dump the clip? Because it adds another layer to the "frantic coverup" that occurs if the dog starts throwing up or one of the kids doesn't feel well in the middle of the night. I sleep in just a diaper and a t-shirt, so I already have to hurriedly tug shorts on, which I keep at the ready beside the bed. Then, I have to either toss may pacifier down the front of my shirt, or, unclip it, and my sleep-addled fingers and brain sometimes struggle with that part. I'll still bring it with me when I travel or sleep at other peoples' houses - I'm not going through that again. But maybe I don't need it in my own bed anymore. 

In other news, we had a great Canada Day weekend - it was uncommonly social by current pandemic standards, however practically everyone we know has been vaccinated, and most of them twice, so, engaging in some outdoor gatherings with ~10 or so people seems to have a reasonable risk profile. Saturday was probably the busiest day - we had people over in the morning, attended a gathering in the afternoon, and had people over in the evening. While I've been living almost entirely in "real" plastic-backed ABDL diapers for more than a year, as previously stated, it wasn't exactly a normal year, infantile underpants aside. So I was pleased to be able to cruise through a busy day of visiting and being visited, wearing a Rearz Essential size large - a real diaper by anyone's definition. In the evening, I swapped it for a Megamax in medium. 

You'd think that by now I'd be bored of this, but I'm still pleased as punch at being able to wear diapers all the time, everywhere. It takes some extra planning, and I probably have to give up on ever wearing clothes that don't add a bit of visual bulk, but I had no idea going into this that I'd still be at it 2+ years later, and that I'd have settled on big plastic diapers, rather than the thin cloth-backed ones I used to wear in public. 

17 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I'm thinking about ditching my pacifier tether & clip.

I know what you mean.  I don't use one at night anyway, as my dummy rarely goes astray in the night.  When we don't have others round the house I often use one during the day, but it's very easy to forget it's there, and answer the door with a dummy hanging down from my collar.  I've not been caught yet, but it's been a very close call a few times.

6 hours ago, Stroller said:

I've not been caught yet, but it's been a very close call a few times.

I had to toss mine down the front of my shirt while it was still clipped on when a utility worker knocked on the front door a few weeks ago. I normally unclip it as soon as I get out of bed, but I had the house to myself that morning, so I decided to leave it, and then I was running around, distracted, and there was a knock on the door, and I strode over, started unlocking it, and then realized I had a light blue pacifier swinging merrily off my collar... 

I had another relatively rare conversation involving the "d-word" (n-word for you Brits and Aussies) with my wife; it was precipitated by us sitting on the pool deck on a lovely hot evening. We live in Southern Ontario, surrounded by lakes, and our latitude, and geographic position, result in a climate that features some notable extremes. Our average winter temperature is probably -5 or something, but we get a good share of nights where it dips below -20 C (-4 F), and the occasional few days where the wind chill is really trying to kill any exposed flesh it finds. At the other end of the spectrum, we get stretches in the summer at 30 or 32 C (~90 F), but, the humidity makes the experience more like 40 C (104 F). These used to occur for short stretches, but these days, we often get a few weeks where it's warmer here than it is in Florida. Two decades ago, people would stridently argue that you don't really "need" air conditioning here. Nobody says that anymore. 

All of which takes me back to sitting on the pool deck on a hot evening. I'd been in my bathing suit and jumping in and out of the pool with the kids, but eventually the lure of the better graphics available online was too much for them, and they retired to their chambers to interface with their servers. I had been out of a diaper for a couple of hours, and I was growing weary of the feeling I get now when I hold it. I had run off to make water a couple of times in two hours, so I didn't really "need" to go, but I'm somewhat unused to pelvic floor vigilance these days, and it was distracting me. So I trotted into the house and threw a Rearz Lil' Splash on, and then put my bathing suit back on over it - dusk was approaching, and my backyard is pretty private, and it was only my wife and I out there. A Splash seemed an appropriate poolside diaper.

It felt lovely, actually - I've never had the gumption, but often had the desire, to be able to be outside on a nice day in just a diaper. I'm not interested in exhibitionism, which is why I've never done it (other than maybe at 3 am for the time it takes to call the dog in), but if I had a sufficiently private space, I would. My current yard isn't that private, but, neighbours with sightlines are hundreds of feet away, and there are lots of trees and bushes in between. So, the light bathing suit material provided enough cover, while not adding much from a sensory perspective. But my wife, sitting 10 feet away, didn't have to guess what I had on - the waistband of the bathing suit was below the waistband of my diaper. 

Apropos of nothing, she opened with "I don't know how you wear those in this heat." I immediately ascertained that she probably wasn't talking about my sandals. I decided to engage, lightly - "You mean a diaper?"

"Yes - they're heavy and they're plastic - it's gotta be uncomfortable." 

Not that it doesn't have its moments - there have been times when it's been blazingly hot and I've become acutely aware that I've got plastic wrapped around my undercarriage. But, honestly, for the most part, a good diaper is not uncomfortable on a hot day. It's kind of amazing to me, actually, how comfortable they are. 

Because I buy things from suppliers that fall under the banner of of "incontinence supplies", I'm privy to lots of emails offering, reviewing and explaining things in that category, and sometimes I'll end up reading reviews or recommendations. One of the dichotomies that I come across is "diapers vs other", with the "other" being catheters and bags and things like that. Both sides have their adherents - the diaper detachment decries unnecessarily invasive devices, and the risk of UTI's, among other arguments in support of dressing like a toddler under your clothes. The catheter commandos (as I'm sure that's what they like being called) counter with the bulk, discomfort, and potential for skin conditions that come from always being in damp plastic underpants. I definitely fall decidedly on the side of the baby pants - I think if someone did a word count on this string, they'd note that I've used to word diaper or nappy about 10000 times, and I've referenced catheters maybe thrice. Messing around with Mr. Happy down there isn't something I have much inclination for - I keep envisioning an embarrassing visit to the ER. "You've stuck what, where...? Uh, mind if we ask why?" 

So, I responded that, truthfully, wearing a diaper on a hot day, if it's the right diaper, and you've used the right support products (cream, baby powder), not only isn't "uncomfortable", but is, in fact, quite "comfortable". I'd say that the Southern Ontario climate is probably one of the better ones for nappy denizens - you get 2 - 3 months of intermittently tropical weather, a good 4 - 5 months of temperate, sweater-but-not-a-jacket conditions, and then 4 or so months where, if something isn't on fire, eventually, everybody dies. 

Question: what are your thoughts about ADISC.org? Someone I was talking to referenced it, so I went and had a look. It doesn't seem to have as much depth as this site, but I also only spent about 10 minutes poking around on it. Thus far, this is the only place I've been actively communicating or posting on these topics. I tried Fetlife but I couldn't figure it out. I did learn that it's a big, wild world out there, though - Fetlife is good for getting perspective. Wearing diapers isn't a big deal. Midget noose-play, now, that's out there... who am I to judge, as I sit here in a big plastic diaper. 

Well, I backed myself into a corner of my own making yesterday. I was scheduled to meet up with a buddy to assist in the installation of a garage door, but meanwhile, my beloved's car needed service, and she had things to do. Since she won't drive my pickup, the solution was for her to use my car, so, we dropped her car off, then she drove me to the house we were working on, with a plan to take my car and run her errands. My buddy would drive me home after the job. I pulled bags of tools from the trunk, dropped the trunk lid, waved bye... and then watched my car, with my diaper bag inside it, drive off into the horizon. 

Hmmm. Quick status check: I was in a Rearz Lil' Monster, under a diaper shirt, under cargo shorts and a t-shirt. I'd been in it since mid-afternoon, so it had some mileage on it, but a ways to go. The expectation was for it to last me until close to bedtime, however, acceptable "home field" risk is not the same as acceptable road risk. I can live with accidentally dampening something that belongs to me. I can't live with doing that to my friend's car's seats. The solution was to moderate fluid intake, and that was working well for a while - I was barely dribbling, because I wasn't drinking anything.

However, then, the plot took a twist - the buddy who was going to drive me home suggested that we instead meet at a patio to celebrate the birthday of another friend of ours. Patios having only recently reopened, it seemed like an opportunity for some merriment. BUT for the status of my butt. Heading out for pints might put me in a difficult situation. But there was nothing for it - I could have begged the guy to drive me home, but he would have been perplexed, and, anyway, I really wanted a frosty beer. I'd been "good" and only used my diaper a little bit - I was pretty sure I could make it last. How long could we be out on a Wednesday night, anyway? I'd have one or two gentlemanly beers and we'd call it a night. 

But, once we got to the bar, my friend who was driving said "You guys don't need to drive!" and ordered a pitcher for each of us, and a diet coke for himself. The contents of that pitcher acted as a solvent on my judgement, and when round 2 was proposed, I said it was on me. Enter the second pitchers. Then, my friend's waitress friend threw us a complementary pitcher - essentially another half pitcher for me. My diaper was taking some fire now... did it maybe make sense to run off and try to make water in the washroom a couple of times? It would require some holding activity that I'm not used to but am very much still capable of. I decided to test out that route, but after about 35 minutes, I had a somewhat uncomfortable bladder tremor, so I excused myself and headed to the washroom. Covid protocols were in place, so there was a 1-person lineup for the washroom, which had a maximum occupancy of 4. I waited until a couple of people came out, and then went in, just as someone else took my place in line. 

Inside, the lone stall was occupied, and there were two urinals side by side, and two people in various stages of the process of using them and (hopefully) washing their hands. One left, and was supplanted by the guy who was behind me outside a moment ago. A vacant urinal beckoned, but it was about 20 inches from another one that was in use, with no barrier between them. How the hell was I going to unsnap a onesie and pull a colourful plastic diaper down enough to use the washroom, without it being noticed? I didn't have much time to think about it, because I was holding up the show for the people coming in behind me, so, flustered, I turned, and washed my hands as thought that had been the purpose for me being in there. Standing in front of the sink with the water running had the predictable effect that it often has at home... now I REALLY needed to go. The decision was being made for me - I had to release a little bit, in the hopes of staving off a flood that might cause problems. 

However, while I can hold my pee for a long time, I am no good at metering it or stopping a flow that has started up anymore, so, try as I might, I quickly found myself further dampening my diaper, with no real idea of how fast it was happening, other than a notable change in its weight that was taking place. I turned and walked stiffly out of the washroom, still peeing, and made my way grimly back to our table, worried about what might happen when I sat down. At least the furniture was metal mesh, rather than fabric. That eased my conscience a bit. 

I sat down, and while I could definitely feel that my diaper was wet, I didn't note any ominous trickling on compression. But, I needed out of that diaper. After the free pitcher was dispatched, they came by with the bill - the operating hours were still a bit curtailed, again, due to the pandemic. I said "That's too bad", but in my head I was doing handsprings. 

I made it home with only one more, light discharge - I had decided to change tactics and go back to my normal operating mode of frequent, light wettings, rather than trying to hold it again, and that perhaps resulting in a flood getting away from me to ruinous effect. It worked. When I went into my bedroom and dropped my shorts, my diaper was sagging notably, and once I unsnapped my diaper shirt, it became really pronounced - I think I got a bit of a glare from my wife, although nothing was said. In any case, the condition of my nappy was her fault. Sort of. She'd taken my car. I shuffled into the washroom with a fresh diaper in my hand, and later wondered if she registered the notable "thud" when I dropped the evening's doings into my closet diaper bin. 

It was a rare, rookie tactical error that could have been fatal, for my shorts at least. 

For some strange reason, I seem to be getting a considerable lag between "input" and "output" on the bladder front these days.

Sunday night was big for beers.  Pretty sure I "wet the bed" that evening (often happens when on the turps now) but it was far from catastrophic.  I'm not sure where the 2 liters of beer I had drunk had been hiding.

It appeared Monday when rather awkwardly, I was out and about trying to secure something resembling "work" in the new gig economy in a simple Abena L4 with a booster pad.  I didn't leak but it was a very close thing and when I got home, I desperately needed that change.  It was somewhat similar.  I couldn't really hold but I was also extremely nervous about my nappy's ability to cope. It just seemed to keep coming.  24 hours AFTER the beer went in.

Laziness has resulted in a self-inflicted diaper rash, apparently. Well, laziness and another bout of mid-week drinking. Background - I was out working on a project with some buddies, and when we wrapped up, we were hungry. One person said, hey, there's a restaurant with a patio around the corner....? The rest of us responded like thirsty people in the desert at the proposal to visit an oasis. Within minutes, there were pints on a table in front of us. I was still recovering from the aforementioned accidental birthday party of the previous evening, so by the time I got home from night two of weeknight light evening beverage consumption, I was pooched, and just wanted to put my head down on the bed. I was in a NorthShore Megamax that I'd had on since late morning, and my usual habit would be to change it, but, these days I don't wet much in bed, so I thought, what's the harm? I brushed my teeth and hit the sack. Flash forward 8 hours and I'm  up and having a coffee, working away in the offce, when, eventually, the other of nature's callings, the one I don't answer in my pants, taps me on the shoulder, and I head up to the washroom. 

I took my diaper off, commenced the proceedings, and then tidied up afterwards in the usual fashion, at which point I realized that I had some irritation in that general area... over a lot of that area, actually. Not the malignant, evil diaper rash that is usually the work of fungi (and/or Satan), but more of a light sunburn. I realized right away where I'd gone wrong... I'd been in the same diaper for something like 20 hours, and, critically, I hadn't reapplied diaper cream when I originally put it on - my wife had needed to get in the washroom, and, succumbing to laziness, and the fact that Megamax's are great diapers, generally, I thought, to heck with it, I'll be fine. 

Diaper rash, like an air disaster, often has multiple contributing factors. I took the "I'll be fine" road twice, abandoned my usual practices twice, and, in so doing, I chemically tanned my nether bits via a 20-hour maceration. It's a lesson I've learned before, but, it has now been reinforced. 

In other news, I may have found a worthy improvement to my "gym diaper" - the Prevail 360 Breezer. Although apparently that product is being phased out, so I may have to go on another hunt - frequent readers may remember how long it took me to find a diaper I can run 5 miles in. But, I still have probably 60 of them in stock, and 60 gym visits, at least currently, will take me... a long time. A very long time. The improvement I am talking about is tucking a Pampers Swaddler size 7 with a lightly perforated cover inside the Prevail as a stuffer. Those Pampers add an amazing amount of capacity, and having tested the combination a few times now, so far, the sandwiching of the two products has not resulted in unpredictable performance or unexpected failures. I don't need these things to last 8 hours, but if I can get 4-5 hours out of them without giving it any thought whatsoever, that's plenty of time. You can't shower at the gym these days, so if my diaper can hold up to the drive, the workout, and some errand running on the way home, I'll be happy with that. 

I just heard my mom's voice in my head... I was upstairs getting changed. Per my previous post, I have some self-inflicted diaper rash, and some of it is on a particularly sensitive area, so I've stepped up my changing frequency and am being liberal with the diaper cream. But I had the thought, unbidden, as I was taking the wet diaper off, that maybe it would be better if I didn't put a diaper on - if I let the area dry out and air out. Although my only option in that department would be going commando, these days - I don't have any "big boy" underwear in my inventory. 

That's when my mom's voice came into my head, and I remembered her saying something with amazing clarity, although I have no recollection as to the context, or how old I was. I recall her saying this: "It's okay to not want to wear a diaper - I completely understand. But you ARE going to wear a diaper." 

My relationship with diapers, and wanting or not wanting to wear them, was complex, as I've said many times before. I secretly liked them, but I was ashamed of that, and also ashamed that I still needed them. I only really "enjoyed" them when I was at home - if we were out of the house, or if anyone outside of my immediate family was around, I had tremendous anxiety about wearing diapers. I was convinced that if anyone found out, it would be the end of the world. 

I actually said some of her words out loud, as I pulled a new diaper out of the drawer - "It's okay not to want to wear a diaper. But I AM going to wear a diaper."

• Like 1

Well, my diaper rash is gone, and I'm back to doing improbable things in diapers. Last weekend I was insulating around second-floor windows, and I spent most of the day on a ladder, or perched on an overhang. It was a blazing hot day. I was wearing a Lil' Monster, and it held up great. Were I to have plummeted to certain injury, possible disability, or, in a distant third position, an untimely demise, this would not have been the most discrete of undergarments to have revealed by the paramedics when they cut my clothes off, but things did not go in that direction, and my "secret" is safe. 

You'd think I was a contractor, based on what I've been up to over the last few months, but no, I make my living sitting in front of a computer and holding a cell phone, most of the time. However, I'm pretty handy, and I have a good collection of tools, so I have been called in on a number of projects, usually pro-bono, sometimes for beer, and, it has also made me a bit of diaper money from time to time, when the project has been for a friend of a friend of a friend. 

I had an interesting episode last night; my wife went crazy in the middle of the night, convinced that a spider had walked across her side of the comforter, although how she perceived that in the pitch black of night, I am not sure. But she treated it like there was a cobra loose in the room - all lights came on, and she started poking around under the bed with a broom. This is of note only because the commotion woke me up, and when I woke up, I realized that the diaper I had gone to bed in... was wet. Which it was not, when I retired. I'd put on a Prevail Air Plus that I got a hold of, as a test, because my go-to gym diaper, their 360 Breezer, is apparently being phased out, and the Air Plus was the suggested replacement. As an aside, I reviewed it and compared the to on another thread I started in the product section. The quick version is, not as good - the tabs are failure prone. 

I normally wouldn't wear a slim, cloth-backed diaper to bed - I use them for the gym, or, I would, were I going to the gym, something which might commence in the coming weeks, as we inch our way out of the grip of this pandemic. But, I wanted to test-drive them as much as possible, so, I decided to put one on, and roll around in it for a night. Leakage wasn't a concern, because I don't wet at night... right? Well, proving again that the Universe has a sense of humour, of course, on the one night in two years that I decided to sleep in a light-duty diaper, somehow, my body decided to change course, and, I *think*, usurp control. It's hard to say for sure, because anything that happens when you're unconscious is a bit of a mystery. Maybe I woke up and opened the gates, and I just don't remember it. But I have no recollection of that, and also, I suspect that, had I in fact roused myself to the point of decision making, I would have had pause, precisely because I wasn't wearing the best diaper for a nocturnal soaking. 

However, the Prevail held up its end of the bargain, and although by morning the tabs were almost detaching themselves from the diaper, the sheets were dry. As to why my subconscious likes to play chicken with inadequate diapers, while refusing to indulge in dampening any of the fine products I usually sleep in, on this, I have no theories.  

• Like 1

I woke up, I realized that the diaper I had gone to bed in... was wet. Which it was not, when I retired.

Maybe I woke up and opened the gates, and I just don't remember it. But I have no recollection of that, and also, I suspect that, had I in fact roused myself to the point of decision making, I would have had pause, precisely because I wasn't wearing the best diaper for a nocturnal soaking.

Like the death of Clive James, my transition to bed wetting was announced, and then redacted a series of times.

Similar deal: wake up in a wet nappy with zero recollection of making that happen, conclude I wet in my sleep, proceed to rationalise my way OUT of this, relying on sleep-befuddlement, memory lapses and not paying attention.  A part of my brain just always said "Naahh, didn't happen...  You haven't really done this to yourself."

Even when I woke up during a pee a few times, I managed to skew things in my head that I'd probably "meant to do it" but wasn't awake enough to recall later.

It wasn't until I girded my loins and tried a nappy-free night (sleepless) followed by another nappy-free night (waking up at 3am, cold and uncomfortable in soaked bedding) that I realised that this was NOT a conscious decision for me, and, in all probability, hadn't been for at least several months previously.

I don't recommend trying that test in bed with a partner however.

I changed my DD status from "DL" to "Bedwetter" to reflect this learned truth and thus freed from ambiguity, spiraled sharply down to where I suspect I probably wet the bed most nights now but I don't notice it.