LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

24/7 startups, and unexpected pitfalls?

23 minutes ago, DL-Boy said:

Mind you, I almost always pee on my back although I'm starting to discover that at least the Abena L4's can handle some limited belly or side peeing without leaking - especially when I'm wearing my "waterproof" pants over them.

With my upside-down lock-down nappy routine, I'm often in BetterDry overnights lately and they too can withstand *limited* side wetting but it's very limited.  There have been wet trainers.  I cannot fathom why the market hasn't met the need for a disposable product suitable for side sleepers.

I'm thinking about trying a knee pillow.  Lock-down has been murder on my lower back, already have sprung $330 for an expensive office chair which has helped somewhat.

6 hours ago, oznl said:

With my upside-down lock-down nappy routine, I'm often in BetterDry overnights lately and they too can withstand *limited* side wetting but it's very limited.  There have been wet trainers.  I cannot fathom why the market hasn't met the need for a disposable product suitable for side sleepers.

I'm thinking about trying a knee pillow.  Lock-down has been murder on my lower back, already have sprung $330 for an expensive office chair which has helped somewhat.

I wear betterdry and I’m a side sleeper and I have never leaked. Maybe it’s different for a female. No I don’t use a knee pillow.

8 hours ago, Newbee said:

I wear betterdry and I’m a side sleeper and I have never leaked. Maybe it’s different for a female. No I don’t use a knee pillow.

I would guess it's possibly somewhat different for a female, because gents can inadvertently be "aimed" at one of the breach points when on one's side. I have had very little success with wetting on my side - I primarily do it on my back, although when it happens without my being aware of it, it's almost always while sleeping on my tummy, since that is the position I awaken in probably 95% of the time when I'm sleeping deeply. If I stir and become dimly aware of a need to go, I roll onto my back and fall back to sleep after "opening the gates", but when I wake up again later, I'm always on my tummy. 

11 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I would guess it's possibly somewhat different for a female, because gents can inadvertently be "aimed" at one of the breach points when on one's side. I have had very little success with wetting on my side - I primarily do it on my back, although when it happens without my being aware of it, it's almost always while sleeping on my tummy, since that is the position I awaken in probably 95% of the time when I'm sleeping deeply. If I stir and become dimly aware of a need to go, I roll onto my back and fall back to sleep after "opening the gates", but when I wake up again later, I'm always on my tummy. 

Yes, I think it's anatomy.  The BetterDry do a better job than most but a side wetting is a high risk venture.  Forensic examination of the wet trainers the next day suggests that fluid is obeying gravity from an upward-facing member and saturating the modest amount of padding across the front of the crotch before leaking out at the downward facing side.

I actually woke in the wee-hours this morning, realised I was pointing down and was too sleepy to roll over.  There wasn't that much pee as I'd already "been" but the BetterDry withstood it without leakage in that scenario.

Only a cloth diaper is safe(ish) irrespective of the landscape it seems.  Something a part of my brain seems to know even when I'm not really awake as I've been known to obliviously drown a cloth night nappy whilst on my side after a drink or three.

The joys of dog ownership (dog co-living? dog companionship? I actually think he owns us...) had me up at 4:00 in the morning, lights fully ablaze, on my hands and knees wearing only a Rearz Lil' Monster while my wife handed me paper towels and I spritzed and swabbed at the floor in our bathroom. It seems our youngest didn't heed my request that she feed the dog his dinner yesterday afternoon, however she did feed him most of her own lunch, which, amazingly, came out of his stomach virtually intact. When presented with things he doesn't relish, such as broccoli, his solution isn't to NOT eat it - that would not be the doggy way - but rather to avoid chewing it at all, and swallow it whole. Had he later interred it with a layer of thrice-baked horse tendons (well, organic, free-range, thrice-baked horse tendons, since all dog food is now 'premium' dog food), it probably would have ended up on the lawn sometime later today, but, unencumbered, it took the "return to sender" option. 

When he started erupting, he went straight for the middle of a rug - like lightning seeks the highest point, nauseous dogs unerringly seek upholstered surfaces. I dragged him into our bathroom, which is tiled, and then tossed the bath mat into the bathtub, because I knew that would be his next fixation. My pacifier was danging from the collar of my t-shirt and swinging to and fro, so I pulled the whole shirt off and tossed it onto the counter, knowing this would be wet work. I'm sure it was a sight to behold for my wife, when, alerted by what sounded, I'm sure, like I had set upon the dog for a fight to the death, maybe after awakening from a fever dream, she stormed the bathroom to see what the hell was going on. Husband clad only in a nappy, dog barfing... living the dream, she was. 

Speaking of that nappy, which I'm still in, these V2 Lil' Monsters that Rearz promised would have improved tapes, do indeed have improved tapes, possibly too improved. I am burning my way through a bag of these, and I like their weight - I have this one on under jeans right now. They fall into the category I'd call medium-duty; larger-bodied plastic diapers with a medium level of stuffing and capacity that can be worn undetected under heavier daytime clothing, but not under, say, dress pants or athletic shorts, although as an aside, dressy pants haven't been of any use to me in over two months now, and, by the time I need them again, stress-eating and mid-week drinking will probably have rendered them unwearable under the harsh interrogations of commercial lighting. But back to the tapes - they are now so improved that they tear the landing panel apart when removed, to the point that I have duct-taped myself into this diaper post my morning "movement", for which I chose to take it off, and now I will not be removing it again, until it's completely shot, come what may. 

• Haha 1

I still love reading this threads that Little Sheri and Oznl have started.  As you know (or may not, or don't care, whatever), I've been wearing nappies at night since forever as a bedwetter and my wife accepts the situation but dislikes nappies, knowing that it's a need and she puts up with it.

As I've said, I always wear during the day when working from home and shower later - she used to moan but leave me be.  Occasionally I'd manage to sneak in the odd morning change before getting up if I didn't think the night nappy would last all day.

As time has gone on, I've progressed to wearing ALL day and when showering, changing straight back into a clean nappy "ready for bed".  Or, when getting in from work around 8pm, going up and "getting ready for bed".

Since we've been stuck at home, now just over 2 months, I've pretty much been wearing 24/7.  Well, it started out that I'd get up, do some work and shower, then maybe get ready for bed around 6 or 7pm, but now I'll just shower and change straight away from anytime form 3 to 6pm. Nothing is said, I think the reluctant acceptance has crept in - she knows I'm happy and just leaves me be.  

Sorry this is pretty boring, but I guess for me, it feels like a big change suddenly.  She must know that I use them during the day too as I never emerge form work calls except to make us tea and coffee - surely she doesn't think I have a camel bladder?  Who knows, but it feels liberating, I think that's the best word, to be more free.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

When he started erupting, he went straight for the middle of a rug - like lightning seeks the highest point, nauseous dogs unerringly seek upholstered surfaces.

Cats do this too insofar as they carefully select the softest and most sumptuous surface available upon which to regurgitate: the comforter on your bed at 2am is an excellent choice if you are a cat.

Cats however, chew whatever it is they have chosen to ingest carefully.

It is still possible however to discern, floating within the viscous puddle thusly produced, recognisable chunks of gecko including (on a recent happy occasion), an intact gecko head, still wearing an identifiable expression of terminal surprise at being consumed alive by a fluffy family pet.

It is a mystery as to why our cat eats so many geckos as clearly they don’t agree with it.

At least the cat is incapable of opening the wheelie bin to retrieve used diapers to play with before dismantling.  THAT'S a thing apparently…

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

But back to the tapes - they are now so improved that they tear the landing panel apart when removed, to the point that I have duct-taped myself into this diaper post my morning "movement", for which I chose to take it off, and now I will not be removing it again, until it's completely shot, come what may. 

Funny you should mention the Rearz are like that.  With my first case of Total Dry PLUS diapers, I discovered that their "landing zones" cannot stand up to their very strong tape adhesives.  Unless very careful (and quite often, even then) they will tear a big chunk out of the landing zone when removing the tape.  Ironically, a lot of the adhesive remains on the bits of the intact landing zone.  Usually I can take the torn bits and strip them off the tape in reverse order (back to front) and free up the remaining adhesive for reuse while rolling up the diaper for the trash.

My next order of Total Dry diapers has been placed and this time I'm going for a case of "Overnights" instead, which have a thicker (but not the thickest) landing zone.  One day I may decide to spring for a case of Total Dry X-Plus diapers, which I hear told that are basically the same as the Bambino Biancos but with the Total Dry X-Plus printing on the diapers and landing zones.

12 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

Speaking of that nappy, which I'm still in, these V2 Lil' Monsters that Rearz promised would have improved tapes, do indeed have improved tapes, possibly too improved. I am burning my way through a bag of these, and I like their weight - I have this one on under jeans right now. They fall into the category I'd call medium-duty; larger-bodied plastic diapers with a medium level of stuffing and capacity that can be worn undetected under heavier daytime clothing, but not under, say, dress pants or athletic shorts, although as an aside, dressy pants haven't been of any use to me in over two months now, and, by the time I need them again, stress-eating and mid-week drinking will probably have rendered them unwearable under the harsh interrogations of commercial lighting. But back to the tapes - they are now so improved that they tear the landing panel apart when removed, to the point that I have duct-taped myself into this diaper post my morning "movement", for which I chose to take it off, and now I will not be removing it again, until it's completely shot, come what may. 

It seems I can get Rearz in Australia although they seem pretty expensive.  A case of 72 Lil' Monsters "Large" will cost me A$253 (around C$229), not sure how that compares to CA pricing.  It wouldn't surprise me to learn that the dreaded, invisible "Australia Tax" got applied somewhere.

Anyway, putting on an AB-decorated diaper could well have my dearly beloved phoning the police.

The polysyllabic "Rearz Inspire+ Incontrol" has neutral decor and available for the same price (eye watering)  but if used on a two-nappy-per-day diet, it's kind of ok.  Do you know how they compare in functionality to the Lil' Monsters?

5 hours ago, BedWetMark said:

Sorry this is pretty boring, but I guess for me, it feels like a big change suddenly.  She must know that I use them during the day too as I never emerge form work calls except to make us tea and coffee - surely she doesn't think I have a camel bladder?  Who knows, but it feels liberating, I think that's the best word, to be more free.

The relief and freedom from subterfuge would have to be one of the most powerful arguments for disrupting a marriage like that.

• Like 1

I use the lil monsters and I have also used the rearz inspire+ incontrol, for me the inspire hold more than the lil monster but I just love the printed nappies. Yes oznl the prices are high that’s why I only buy the monster ones occasionally.

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, BedWetMark said:

As I've said, I always wear during the day when working from home and shower later - she used to moan but leave me be.  Occasionally I'd manage to sneak in the odd morning change before getting up if I didn't think the night nappy would last all day.

This is pretty much what my process was, @BedWetMark - I "came clean" about wearing diapers to bed. This was after I had already gone 24/7 for about 2.5 months, and I was growing tired of the KGB-level spy-craft required to keep it off the radar. However, I had actually been wearing diapers to bed for about two years at that point, putting them on after she'd fallen asleep. I chalked it up to a couple of legitimate bedwetting incidents that occurred, plus, she already knew about my bedwetting history as a kid, so she accepted that as plausible, I guess. Then (keep in mind, while actually wearing 24/7), I started extending the time in the morning that I would stay in my diaper, ostensibly waiting for a "chance" to get a shower and dress for the day (I work from how a fair bit). Sometimes I would get into so many successive meetings that it would be 1 or 2 in the afternoon when I came down to make myself a quick lunch, still in my overnight diaper (and if I had to change, I tried to change into the same one, if circumstances permitted, just in case she was taking notes). Then, much as you do, I would "get ready for bed" pretty much as soon as the kids went to bed, so that I could once again openly wear a diaper. 

I never actually had a "So, I wear diapers all the time now" conversation with my wife, even up to now, 13+ months into wearing diapers all the time. However, I stretched morning wear later and later into the day, and then I started getting dressed to head out of the house while I still had my morning diaper on (just a quick jaunt out with the dog or to the store...), and then eventually I found myself changing over to casual clothes or my gym wear at the end of the day, while she was present, and I still had a diaper on. The last wall to silently crumble was her seeing me go into our washroom at some point in the morning or mid-day, wearing one diaper, and then come out wearing a different one, and proceed to get dressed to head out. Now I think she's more surprised to see me in boxer shorts than baby pants, such as immediately before or after I have gone for a run. I also slowly extended my range with respect to the diapers' designs, starting out wearing plain white ones, and then moving to occasionally wearing one with a decorated front panel, then to something printed but still relatively neutral like a Rearz Barnyard, and now I can walk about in a Bambino Classico with the word "BABY" spelled out in alphabet blocks, and she doesn't blink. Though I still buy plain white diapers and intersperse them into the mix. 

15 hours ago, oznl said:

At least the cat is incapable of opening the wheelie bin to retrieve used diapers to play with before dismantling.  THAT'S a thing apparently…

This happened to me years ago, @oznl, though not with one of my diapers. Our previous pooch, a German Shepherd who looked like a police dog, and who was clearly suppressing some rage at having to be so docile around my then-small children all the time, excavated a diaper out of a bathroom trash can where it shouldn't have been tossed (we had a dedicated diaper bin), and eviscerated it on the living room carpet. 

10 hours ago, oznl said:

It seems I can get Rearz in Australia although they seem pretty expensive.  A case of 72 Lil' Monsters "Large" will cost me A$253 (around C$229), not sure how that compares to CA pricing.  It wouldn't surprise me to learn that the dreaded, invisible "Australia Tax" got applied somewhere.

Anyway, putting on an AB-decorated diaper could well have my dearly beloved phoning the police.

The polysyllabic "Rearz Inspire+ Incontrol" has neutral decor and available for the same price (eye watering)  but if used on a two-nappy-per-day diet, it's kind of ok.  Do you know how they compare in functionality to the Lil' Monsters?

So, a case of 36 Lil' Monsters "Large" is something I bought not that long ago, and it went for $80 CAD, so about $88.50 AUD at current exchange rates. That would put 72 of them at $160 CAD ($177 AUD), though I don't pay for shipping because I live close enough to pick them up. So duty or shipping or the "it's expensive to live on an island continent" fee would seem to be costing you $76 AUD. 

As to the difference between a Lil' Monster and an Inspire+Incontrol (and that name always makes me wonder if they would sell just an "inspiring" diaper, but not one that conveys control? Although they did offer an "Inspire Select" for a while, which had one enormous single tape rather than two tapes...) anyway, lost my train of thought... right - SO - I would call a Lil' Monster a medium-duty diaper. If a Depends is a 4-cylinder compact pickup truck, a Lil' Monster is a 1/2 ton full-sized pickup truck with a V8, and an Inspire+Incontrol has a turbo diesel and 18 gears, and requires a special license to drive. An Incontrol has a lot more capacity than a Lil' Monster. I don't know how their claimed capabilities differ, but, I know that in field testing, Incontrol's can take A LOT. But the Lil' Monster is a good compromise for me in terms of price, feel, and what I can discretely wear it under. Plus I like the graphics. 

They charge more for the Incontrol here ($93.99 CAD for a case of 36), so if you can get them for the same price as the Monsters, that is a better deal. 

On another topic, I knew I was missing a cloth diaper, but I wasn't terribly worried about it, because I haven't been wearing them much, and I figured it would turn up. Well, turn up it has - my daughter had been helping with the laundry, and she put it into the linen closet with some hefty white "floor towels" that we have for the guest bathroom, for use in front of the shower as a bath mat. We haven't had guests for a while so there was no significant danger, but, if I hadn't been bored enough to go looking, then at some point, one of our friends or relatives might have stepped out of the shower onto a pleated adult-sized cloth diaper with a multi-layer core and a Rearz label on it. 

Here's something I've often been curious about... So, diapers are, essentially, underwear, right?. It wasn't generally common for us to hang around in just our underwear, at least in my family when I was a kid. However, diapers were treated differently, and anecdotally, I've heard that from other people as well, and I've lived it and I've witnessed it. Although arguably one has more reason to want to hide a diaper than to hide their underwear, because of course diapers carry with them unspoken but immediately transmitted suggestions; they whisper of immaturity, delayed development, lack of control, and also to having personal aspects of your life under the control of others - no kid wants to wear diapers, so there is a suggestion of coercion or imposition to them as well. Yet, in that time period (for me, the 1980's), at least in my family, a diaper was treated more like a bathing suit, or like pajamas, than underwear - whereas it would have been unacceptable to hang around the house, or be around guests, or out in the yard, in underwear, in the summer heat, a diaper and shirt were seen as more of an acceptable "outfit" than underwear would have been. 

These days of course, I like wearing a nappy like it's an article of clothing, and I would do so most of the time if I had my druthers; I haven't run this past my long-suffering spouse, but in my mind I see my life, once the kids have moved out, as long succession of days where my laundry baskets come back containing primarily shirts. I even have a mind to downsizing to a house with less space inside it, and more land around it, in one of the hamlets that dot the landscape a half hour or so out of the suburb we occupy, so that I could sit on my deck or work in my yard with just a diaper south of the equator. Well, for the eight to ten weeks that one can do that in these climes. But I am curious as to how diapers got "promoted" at some point from underwear to, essentially, clothing.

I believe most toddlers wearing diapers who weren't covered with pants were dressed as such for convenience.  It's a lot easier to change a toddler or younger if you don't have to remove a pair of possibly wet or messy short pants before removing the diaper for the change.  Even if only for expedience sake, having immediate access to the diaper for a change seems to be a plus.

On 5/15/2020 at 1:48 PM, DL-Boy said:

I believe most toddlers wearing diapers who weren't covered with pants were dressed as such for convenience. 

This was definitely part of it, for sure - I recall being led out to the picnic table in our backyard in just a diaper, and placed in front of a giant plate of watermelon slices, on summer mornings on a few occasions. It was much easier to wipe down a kid covered in sticky watermelon juice than it was to launder their entire outfit. 

My wife is putting together a shopping list today, and I'm contemplating adding diaper cream and baby powder to it. She has asked me a few times in the past if I needed "anything" while motioning toward my diaper drawer, and while part of me wanted to conduct an experiment, and see what she came up with on her own, I figured that I'd end up with $30 worth of some sad grocery store pull-up that I'd have to grin and bear. But I can't see how she could get this terribly wrong. 

I've been uncharacteristically dry this morning, because I'm embroiled in an internal debate regarding my diaper choice for bed last night; I went with a Rearz Elite size large, which is a lovely, comfortable, and capacious diaper. However, I fell into a deep sleep and slept through my alarm this morning, and I woke up dry. I had a cup of coffee and then answered nature's call using the potty. Normally, I would have put my diaper back on after that and proceeded with my slowly-dampening day, but this weekend was awful, nutritionally, and I really want to make up for it with a good run over my lunch... and if I wet this diaper, then run, then take a shower, will I really want to put it back on? I have broken this "rule" I've created for myself recently, but, it's still not something I relish doing. I like the feeling of being nice and clean and in a clean nappy, rather than one that I slept in for a night and that's been impinged upon to a slight degree. 

But, I'm really not enjoying holding it as I type this. I've gone 33 minutes and my equipment is sending signals up asking what the protocol is; I don't have an in-depth understanding of urology anatomy (and maybe I should go have another look at some of the diagrams I've seen, given how I've made it my hobby to mess with that particular subsystem), but, to my layman's understanding, what it feels like right now is that my inner sphincter or control valve is sleeping on the job a bit, and my outer sphincter, which I am controlling myself, has been left to do all the heavy lifting, so that I have to sit here consciously NOT peeing in my pants. Maybe I should just go do my run right now, so that I can get back to business as usual. I would bet that this diaper might still be in play when I head for bed tonight, such is its impressive capacity. Luckily it's cold and windy out so wearing over-sized pants and a sweater won't look out of place. Pity nobody has yet taken up the call to manufacture a runner's diaper. 

6 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

My wife is putting together a shopping list today, and I'm contemplating adding diaper cream and baby powder to it. She has asked me a few times in the past if I needed "anything" while motioning toward my diaper drawer, and while part of me wanted to conduct an experiment, and see what she came up with on her own, I figured that I'd end up with $30 worth of some sad grocery store pull-up that I'd have to grin and bear. But I can't see how she could get this terribly wrong. 

I did just that about 2 months ago. My wife was nipping out to the shops (just before 'lockdown', so maybe 3 months) and I genuinely needed some nappy cream ... I sent a text saying "please could you get nappy cream".  She did. Nothing was said, it appeared on the steps for me to take up and put away.  What is there to lose?

Worst case in my view is that you'll get an eye roll or a "you're far too old to be wearing nappies" ... which I secretly love to hear anyway, but that's another story  ... 

Actually, @BedWetMark, the topic inadvertently came up again last night anyway, because there was a news story about Johnson's deciding to stop selling baby powder in North America, because of the number of lawsuits that are ongoing (something like 16000), linking it to cancer. The issue is that the older, talc-based version allegedly contained carcinogens in small quantities, however I don't know how this got generalized over to the current, cornstarch-based version, but I guess the cost to defend it in the litigious US market exceeds what they could hope to make selling it, so they've pulled the plug, and because we're right next door, we get lumped into the same marketing region. My wife saw the story while I was brushing my teeth and she called me out to see it - so there I was, toothbrush in my hand, wearing just a diaper, watching a news story about baby powder, and my wife said "I'm getting you a couple of bottles tomorrow."

I also had another diaper-related conversation with my spouse yesterday... have any of you seen the Pampers Cruisers commercial where they announced the new "channeled stuffing" design, where the stuffing is essentially partitioned into tubes, and as it expands, the result is five or six inflated conduits next to each other, rather than one contiguous mass? Well, as an aside, that is actually how the diaper works - I have some Cruisers as stuffers for my cheaper diapers, and they do exactly that. But I digress.  The commercial shows a toddler walking with an overloaded diaper swinging to and fro between his legs like a bag of concrete suspended from a crane in a gale. Then, they show the same kid wearing the new design, and the diaper conforms to its original fit, though allegedly equally loaded. They end by saying that with the new design, there will be no more "cowboy walking" for the lucky kids who wear them. 

Well, per my post from yesterday, I decided not to wet that Rearz Elite, I took it off, put on big-boy underpants, and went for a run, after which I showered, and then put the Rearz back on. Per my prediction yesterday that a large Elite might end up lasting me the rest of the day, I STILL have that diaper on, right now, although it is nearing the end of the line. So, last night at about 9:30, my wife and I realized that the dog hadn't been out for his dinner hour constitutional, although these days he's getting hours a day of walks, so he wasn't yet in "desperate pacing" mode. We decided to take him out and get some more steps in ourselves and wander about the neighbourhood, and at one point I delivered on of his "packages" to a trash can in a park, and I was walking back towards my wife and the dog, when she started laughing, and said that I was walking like a cowboy. I shrugged and said I was wearing a bigger nappy than I would generally have chosen for prolonged hiking, but that it was dark and the streets were deserted, so let's continue to mosey. The obvious next question might have been why I chose to wear any nappy, but she didn't ask that. I guess maybe she's reached the acceptance phase of the "stages of grief"? 

7 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

Well, per my post from yesterday, I decided not to wet that Rearz Elite, I took it off, put on big-boy underpants, and went for a run, after which I showered, and then put the Rearz back on. Per my prediction yesterday that a large Elite might end up lasting me the rest of the day, I STILL have that diaper on, right now, although it is nearing the end of the line. So, last night at about 9:30, my wife and I realized that the dog hadn't been out for his dinner hour constitutional, although these days he's getting hours a day of walks, so he wasn't yet in "desperate pacing" mode. We decided to take him out and get some more steps in ourselves and wander about the neighbourhood, and at one point I delivered on of his "packages" to a trash can in a park, and I was walking back towards my wife and the dog, when she started laughing, and said that I was walking like a cowboy. I shrugged and said I was wearing a bigger nappy than I would generally have chosen for prolonged hiking, but that it was dark and the streets were deserted, so let's continue to mosey. The obvious next question might have been why I chose to wear any nappy, but she didn't ask that. I guess maybe she's reached the acceptance phase of the "stages of grief"? 

Love it!  It's those little moments that I enjoy in life - that acceptance but not acceptance, but it's "okay".

A couple of other moments have stood out for me too - on our VE Day 75 bank holiday, my wife wanted a picnic in the garden, but she actually insisted that I showered and came down in 'normal' clothes, so I did, begrudgingly. Anyway, it got to about 1630 and I said bluntly "I'm going to get changed for bed" which got a "it's half four?", but I said "yes, I want to feel relaxed" and went about getting changed back into a Tykables Unicorn.  Thick and loud. 

About an hour later I had a whatsapp message from a neighbour saying "did you realise that the street is having a socially distant VE Day party at 6pm?".  No I didn't.  Anyway, we ventured out, over the road and stood 2-3m from our neighbours opposite and were joined by our next door neighbours - unlike a lot of British roads, our houses have plenty of front garden and space, so it was easy to be distant.  But there I am, in a t-shirt and flimsy shorts, with a Tykables Unicorn underneath, drinking wine in front of our neighbours - but I'd made my decision and thought what the hell and went with it.  Every time I moved from one foot to the other, I'm certain the crrrch crrrch was louder than a spitfire in WWII. 1.5 hours later, we bid farewell and walked back to our house, my god, maybe it's only me that can hear the noise but it was SO loud.  I think the moral of that story is if you get ready for bed early, you may have to have awkward situations! 

And finally, on your point about walking like a cowboy, again last week, we were talking about fat backsides.  I don't have a fat backside - medium fits nicely. My wife said "your arse is massive right now" as she prodded my very full up nappy (it was late in the day, almost shower time).  Little things ... cause happiness, intentional or not ;)

Good shout on the powder too.  Although I am convinced when I overdo the powder, my rubbish chest is definitely worse (coughing, tight, wheezing)- so I try to lay off it.

15 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I was walking back towards my wife and the dog, when she started laughing, and said that I was walking like a cowboy. I shrugged and said I was wearing a bigger nappy than I would generally have chosen for prolonged hiking, but that it was dark and the streets were deserted, so let's continue to mosey.

I had something similar last week but dearly beloved had misunderstood the circumstances.  I've had shocking problems with lower back pain since lock-down.  It's been a bit better since I splashed out on a "gaming" chair for my office but there are still good days and bad days.

The other night I'd hauled myself out of my chair and was staggering out of the lounge into the kitchen.

"Ha" said my wife to my daughter.  "Look at your father, walking like a robot!".  I guess that's her idea of sympathy for my back pain.

She thought it was because of my back.  It was more to do with an ABU Simple that had swollen to the size of a small cloud and was giving me suspicious "leak" sensations around my bum where I'd been sitting (my plastic pants had saved the day).

8 hours ago, BedWetMark said:

A couple of other moments have stood out for me too - on our VE Day 75 bank holiday, my wife wanted a picnic in the garden, but she actually insisted that I showered and came down in 'normal' clothes, so I did, begrudgingly.

I'm a bit hard-line about that.  Nappies ARE my normal clothes.  I know that if I give an inch, I'll be battling hard to defend the mile.

8 hours ago, BedWetMark said:

About an hour later I had a whatsapp message from a neighbour saying "did you realise that the street is having a socially distant VE Day party at 6pm?".  No I didn't.  Anyway, we ventured out, over the road and stood 2-3m from our neighbours opposite and were joined by our next door neighbours - unlike a lot of British roads, our houses have plenty of front garden and space, so it was easy to be distant.  But there I am, in a t-shirt and flimsy shorts, with a Tykables Unicorn underneath, drinking wine in front of our neighbours - but I'd made my decision and thought what the hell and went with it.  Every time I moved from one foot to the other, I'm certain the crrrch crrrch was louder than a spitfire in WWII. 1.5 hours later, we bid farewell and walked back to our house, my god, maybe it's only me that can hear the noise but it was SO loud.  I think the moral of that story is if you get ready for bed early, you may have to have awkward situations!

I very much doubt anybody noticed.   A while back I went out with another DL who I knew to be wearing an imported Megamax: one of the least subtle nappies out there.  It was REALLY hard for me to tell and I knew exactly what to look for, such are the disguising qualities of dark, size-too-big shorts and an overhanging t-shirt.

My partner came back in off the window ledge (metaphorically, a bit...) after I went 24/7 when she realised that sometimes, she couldn't notice my nappy herself under my clothes.

8 hours ago, oznl said:

I very much doubt anybody noticed.   A while back I went out with another DL who I knew to be wearing an imported Megamax: one of the least subtle nappies out there.  It was REALLY hard for me to tell and I knew exactly what to look for, such are the disguising qualities of dark, size-too-big shorts and an overhanging t-shirt.

My partner came back in off the window ledge (metaphorically, a bit...) after I went 24/7 when she realised that sometimes, she couldn't notice my nappy herself under my clothes.

I rely upon my faith in this general adage, often noted here by veterans, which at first I had a hard time believing, but which I have come to accept: people pay WAY less attention to my posterior than I could possibly imagine. Very similar to @BedWetMark's VE Day experience, my wife notified me that a local conservation area was opening as a pilot project, and that friends of ours were going for a socially-distanced hike, and she wanted us to go to. All of us. I was wearing a Rearz Lil' Splash that I had just put on, replacing the previously-mentioned Elite that basically gave me 24 hours of service; the Lil' Splashes are a medium-duty diaper, cut like a big diaper but with less stuffing than, say, an Elite or Safari or Barnyard. I'd been in it for maybe an hour and it was mildly damp, and the day had turned glorious, and shorts were called for, and if I were to join them on the hike, I would either have to swap the Splash for one of my Prevail or Depends daytime slim diapers, or... chance it and wear what I had on? I recalled the advice of one of my scuba instructors from years ago... solve your problems underwater, he said, a reference to the fact that when you've been at depth for more than a few minutes, the surface no longer represents "safety", because you need to decompress. So if something goes awry, you have to try to solve your problem underwater. 

When I was a kid wearing a diaper, I was definitely underwater - if it was decided that we were driving to see distant aunt so-and-so, or we were getting out of the car to tour Fort Something-Or-Other on the way to the coast, I didn't have the choice to return to the surface - IE, to take off my diaper - so I had to solve my problems in the diaper I had on, whether that mean changing my clothes over it, or, just summoning the courage to get out of the car and follow everyone into a restaurant, knowing that the back of my pants probably looked "puffy" and that there was a crunch-crunch sound on the edge of my awareness. Kids tend to perceive that the "cameras" of the world are constantly trained on them, though, whereas, from the perspective granted to me by longer exposure to the withering background radiation of life, I am now more able to trust that, in most scenes, I am more of an extra or a bit player, than the star of the show. 

Since the purpose of this whole purposeless experiment in putting myself back in diapers, I have decided, may be to at least somewhat replicate, and in so doing, perhaps rehabilitate, some of the psychological ecology that had been damaged by the first round of habitation, I decided to solve my problems in my diaper. I chose a loose pair of dark cargo shorts, and an overhanging t-shirt, and I put a onesie on underneath, in case I ended up stooped over tying my shoe or climbing over rocks or whatever, so that cute pink and blue sea horses rendered on plastic didn't surface at the back of my pants. The crunch would still be audible in, say, a library, but seemed unlikely to be noticed outdoors. Off we went for roughly a 5 KM hike over trails and rocky outcroppings, two families, trying to keep four kids, aged 6 to 15, uninjured, and adhering to distancing recommendations. It seems to have worked out perfectly; I received no barbed comments or subtle game play from my spouse regarding what I had on over my nether regions, and I really enjoyed being out in the world in a decently comfortable diaper. 

17 hours ago, BedWetMark said:

And finally, on your point about walking like a cowboy, again last week, we were talking about fat backsides.  I don't have a fat backside - medium fits nicely. My wife said "your arse is massive right now" as she prodded my very full up nappy (it was late in the day, almost shower time).  Little things ... cause happiness, intentional or not ;)

I would say that your last few words here are definitely true for me - I always become a tad bit electrified whenever my spouse brings up the topic of diapers, or things related to diapers. I suspect that this is because, with the exception of mingling with some presumably-similar-minded strangers at a couple of Rearz gatherings, I have not been open in person with anyone but my wife about this.  Were it not for you fine folks here, who share your stories, and comment on mine, I don't know where I would be, mentally. I certainly don't think I would have made the "progress" I've made without the lot of you; I would probably have continued in fits and starts, wearing diapers to bed and on weekends and on business trips, trying to keep it secret, until, inevitably, she'd have found evidence of it somewhere. 

On an unrelated side note, based on a suggestion posted on another thread, I have discovered that an adult pacifier is completely undetectable under an N95 mask, which is kind of cool, although I haven't been able to envision circumstances yet where I would be required to wear a mask, but not to talk at all. The recommendations here are that masks should be worn indoors when social distancing is all but impossible, so, when shopping or riding transit. Other than heading downtown on a commuter train for concerts or professional sports or drink-ups with friends, all of which are extinct pastimes right now,  I never take transit anywhere, basically, and when I shop, I don't want to have to fumble to get a pacifier out from under my mask if I suddenly run into a neighbour or whatever. Or feign that I've just had major dentistry performed. I suppose I could go walking with the dog with a mask on - I have seen people doing it, although it makes basically no sense. I've also seen people driving around in their car by themselves with a mask on. This seems like nothing more than a behavioural manifestation of anxiety, although I guess I'm one to talk, sitting her, as I am, in a damp plastic behavioural manifestation of... something. Maybe I should look into supplementing my diminishing income (projects are way, way down) by becoming an Uber driver; then, I could drive around all day and night with a pacifier under my mask, and as a bonus, I would get top reviews, because I would be the only Uber driver who doesn't tell everyone their life's story. "I was a neurosurgeon back in my home country..." 

Per the above discussion about the general invisibility of one's nappy, given everyone else's healthy disinterest in one's nether regions in general, I am going to try to navigate the day today almost entirely out of the house, in a Rearz Elite size medium. This would classify as my smallest size of my biggest diaper. Also, it's a lovely day out there day today, so I will be wearing shorts. I'm helping a friend repair a pergola, so power tools, ladders, lumber and beer. I believe that this diaper should take me through most of the day, but I am throwing another one in the car, in case I end up staying late, socially-distanced on a deck, and well-hydrated. I suppose I could walk home if my blood alcohol concentration precludes operating a motor vehicle. It's a good 5 or 6 kilometres - that'll put a dent in the caloric consequences, anyway. 

I used to be able to stretch out in this friend's guest room, or just summon an Uber at the end of such an event, but his wife is justifiably desirous of keeping the pandemic out of their abode for now, and as for Uber, I understand that they're still operating, but I can't help but look at that option the way one looks at a public washroom these days - have the seats had a chance to cool between uses? Would a more appropriate name for the service be "Vector"?  

On 5/21/2020 at 6:44 AM, oznl said:

I know you're right, but part of my likes the excitement that they *might* know ... something else you said about choosing fetishes rings true, why the hell would anyone CHOOSE this and for me, I love the humiliation too, so why would I choose it?  Ah well, it's all good fun.

Having said that, I've been pushing the boundaries on nappies - Tykables Unicorns and Tykables Puppers have not got a mention - doesn't matter what's on the nappy, she hates them all, so it's fine. But I've been branching out on plastic pants too (as I like the extra security at night) and got some Cuddlz pink plastic pants with the cartoon cats on (and why not, why should I not wear them).  I left them under the duvet and when the bed was changed today, I was summoned to the room with a "what the actual f**k are these?" ... I just muttered that's all they had (blaming coronavirus and stock) and nothing more was discussed. 

On 5/23/2020 at 7:05 PM, BedWetMark said:

I just muttered that's all they had

I haven't had to lean into the Coronavirus as an explanation yet, but a couple of times I have had to indicated that sometimes the packages of disposables contain some pink ones, and I just have to get through them. That is true for the Play Dayz, but in the case of the Princess Pinks, I just pretended that's one of the designs they throw in from time to time. I've only worn those a couple of times since I opened up about wearing nappies. I never bought more than a couple of sample packs in medium & large, and I think that they may be just a bit TOO pink. They are very pink. The Bambino Magnifico's and Rearz Lil' Splash and Lil' Monsters, by comparison, are more subtle - there are splashes of pink and light blue but they aren't visible from space. The baby-print plastic pants I have are in blue - I just thought it would be too much to have those in pink. I also try for an equal distribution of colours in my pacifier collection - I probably have four of them in various shades of pink, but also lots in blue, green, purple, and white. 

I was just thinking to myself this weekend that it's been close to a year since I pulled my pajama pants down and showed my wife my diaper for the first time; I'll have to look back in this thread to get the exact date, but I think it was early to mid-June. Within 24 hours of my having that thought, my wife and younger daughter were entertaining themselves by sorting laundry (this pandemic has taken its toll), and my wife decided to go the extra step and start putting it away, which she usually doesn't do - normally she just leaves a basket at the foot of my side of the bed, and I take care of it. 

She's known for a long while that I have a dedicated diaper drawer in my dresser (and a diaper shelf in the closet, and a diaper storage area in the basement...), but I guess she didn't realize that I've actually relegated my boxer shorts to being stored with my athletic equipment in the exercise room in the basement, because I only wear them when I run, now that the gym is closed, and seems destined to stay that way for quite a while yet. So, she came downstairs and handed two pairs of folded boxers to me, evidence of the two runs I did last week, and said "I wasn't sure where to put these..", so I said thanks, and that I have a bin by the treadmill I keep them in. She said, oh, show me, and I'll know where to put them next time, so we went down and I pulled the bin off a shelf; underneath some boxing gloves, there were two sad, lonely pairs of boxers, to which I added the two she'd just handed me. I had conducted a purge a couple of weeks ago of any that had holes in them, or overstretched elastics, and I knew I had culled a bunch, but I didn't realize that the sum total of all my big boy underwear in the world amounts to four. I have been on occasion damned temped to just toss all of them, but that would leave me running "commando", and I don't think that I'm ready for that, though I really would love to figure out a way to go to the gym or do a run in a diaper; I think it would be deeply satisfying to cast off the last vestiges of my "dry living" time. 

In any case, I suppose there's no question now as to what I'm up to - I'm sure she's noted that there aren't very many boxers in the wash, and that there are a decent number of diapers moving through the supply chain from unopened case to un-emptied dust bin, but actually telling her that underwear doesn't even have a place in my wardrobe or dressers anymore does have a note of certainty to it. I wear diapers. Full stop. 

Speaking of which, I'm in another of the medium Rearz Elite's today; I actually decided to put on a onesie and a golf shirt and to dress like I intend to get some work done, because I do need to get some work done, although by the length of this entry, I guess you can see how that's going. Call this a mental stretch session before I tuck into a miles-deep spreadsheet. Maybe I'll take my laptop out onto the porch, to free myself of looking at my office walls for a bit. 

Just adding this last bit - my family is actually out so I have the place to myself for a bit, for the first time in forever. I'm not doing anything amazing with the time, though - just indulging in having a pacifier while I wade through some work reports. I did unexpectedly have a neighbour come to the door, which was rare enough in the "before times", but is extremely rare now. She was asking about if we were getting any mail (we are); apparently, she isn't. The reason I bring it up is that I stepped out onto the porch and had a 10 minute conversation from about 10 feet away, and it occurred to me as we said goodbye that it had not occurred to me, at any point during the interaction, that I had a fairly large diaper on under my shorts and onesie, or that it might have occurred to her that I did. I have developed a lot of confidence over the last year+ of operating mostly from within padded baby pants.

Of course, that caused a voice from the back of my mind to whisper that I'm due to be knocked down a peg. I eyed the garbage bin, but it had already been picked up; one fear I have is that a big cute nappy will someday make its way out of whatever bag it's in and land on the road in front of my house like an accusation; every once in a while a bag of this or that falls loose as they empty the bins and ends up splayed out on the street. If something scatters, they do not pick it up. 

Quick post today; it was actually a busy day, work-wise. I had a strange dream last night, another of the rare dreams I've had where diapers played any role. I was in Montreal in the dream, and my wife and I were walking down a busy street shopping (so this was obviously in an alternative reality with no pandemic...), and we walked into a store together, and then we realized that the store either had, essentially, an ABDL section, or, it was an ABDL store - I can't recall which. I immediately became uneasy in the dream - I wanted to look at what they had, but I wasn't sure what my wife would think of it, and whether she'd get angry or just be uncomfortable and want to go, so I said something like "Oh, wow, interesting... I guess we should go." And she said "Well let's take a look, we're not in any rush." So I tentatively started perusing what they had, none of which I really remember, but at one point I picked up a white diaper with multi-coloured hearts printed on it, then quickly put it down, and she said "Do you like that one?", so I said something like "It's not bad", and she said "Go try it on." Which is where it really diverges from reality, because I've never been anywhere where you can "try on" a diaper without buying it. So I went into a dressing room with the diaper, and I put it on, and then I cracked open the door and asked her if she wanted to see, and she said 'Come show me", so I looked around the store, and there was nobody really close by, so I walked out wearing the diaper, and whatever shirt I had on, and looked at myself in the mirror. A girl who worked at the store came over and said that it looked like it fit well - did I want a bag of them? I looked sheepishly at my wife, and she said "Sure, we'll take a bag." Then I went back into the change room and took that diaper off, put the one I had been wearing back on, and walked out with the new one in my hand, and the girl said "You can leave that one on if you want to", so I went back into the change room, tossed my old diaper into a garbage can, put the new one back on, and put my pants on over it. We walked over to the cash register, and that's basically all I remember. 

I rarely remember my dreams but that one was so vivid that I woke up afterwards and basically said to myself "I have to remember this", and it seems that I have. 

• Like 1

Another quick post today; we've gone from winter straight into summer, skipping spring entirely, apparently. It was -3 overnight two weeks ago and now it's 28 and humid (83 F). I had forgotten what it was like to go for a walk around the neighbourhood wearing a plastic diaper when it's humid; you definitely are frequently reminded that it's there. I have respect for those of you living in truly tropical climates, wearing diapers.

19 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

Another quick post today; we've gone from winter straight into summer, skipping spring entirely, apparently. It was -3 overnight two weeks ago and now it's 28 and humid (83 F). I had forgotten what it was like to go for a walk around the neighbourhood wearing a plastic diaper when it's humid; you definitely are frequently reminded that it's there. I have respect for those of you living in truly tropical climates, wearing diapers.

There's usually at least a few nights per year (usually in Dec/Feb/Jan/Mar soggy bits of the year) where the overnight LOW temperature is 28C my way (mind you, I've invariably caved and turned on the bedroom AC).

It's not the heat that does it though, it's the humidity.  I can remember painting in January where for large amounts of the day, my diaper-zone was no warmer or wetter than any other part of me.  Heat + Humidity + Diapers = Sucks...