LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

24/7 startups, and unexpected pitfalls?

I missed the target yesterday, unfortunately. I got home with the dog just after my wife got home with my daughter, and my daughter wanted to take a shower, and to use our bathroom for that (shower stall vs tub), so, I had to sit around for another 45 minutes until that process was finished, and then once we had the room to ourselves, I could finally think about changing my diaper. I'd been concerned while sitting on our bed, watching TV and waiting for the bathroom to be free, that I might leak into the sheets, but the BeDry Night held - I hadn't spent much time up to that point reclining, so I guess some fresh real estate was opened up. By the time I dropped my jeans and slunk sheepishly past my wife, my diaper was notably swollen. At least I got my money's worth out of it. 

I took a shower and put on a Critter Caboose, and I'm still in it - I didn't really wet overnight, so its shift started this morning when I got up, call it 9.5 hours ago. This diaper also feels appreciably wet now, although not at its limit. I'm trying to decide if I want to run an errand tonight or leave it until tomorrow - if I go with tomorrow, then I might wear this until a relatively early swap over to pajamas. If I decide to leave the house, then I'll go with one of the ATN filler diapers for my running around, and then another substantial diaper for bedtime. 

I cracked in the face of a rally good sale at Incontrol, and ordered some more diapers. They arrived on the porch when it was raining and I was in a meeting, so my wife dragged the boxes into the entranceway and then texted me: "Your Pampers are here."  Were it that that was the case! I'd love to be able to order Pampers that fit. 

That precipitated another funny conversation; I was lugging them down to the basement, when my wife asked me to do an inventory of the paper and cleaning products we store down there, because she was going to stop by a Costco. I came up and told her my findings, and then she tilted her head, and said, "It's too bad you can't get your diapers at Costco... can you? Have you ever looked? I bet they'd be cheaper there." 

I shook my head. "Nope, all they sell are pull-ups, and honestly, they're abysmal. First of all, I'd hate wearing them, and second, I'd burn through several a day, and I'd still need to buy diapers for overnight. They would not be cheaper, except maybe in terms of what a package costs upfront."

"No fancy designs on them either, I'd imagine," she said, while fixing me with a raised eyebrow, suggesting that what I was primarily concerned about was the absence of cartoon characters, and not an absence of functionality. I blushed slightly, then regrouped. 

"No, I could fit into XL adolescent pull-ups, if I wanted superhero or rainbow themes. None of them hold a fifth of what a real diaper can. I've done the legwork on this, trust me."

She shrugged. "Hey, if you want to wear big crinkly diapers, that's up to you. It wouldn't be what I'd wear." 

It was my turn to shrug, albeit slightly self-consciously. "Well, that's what works best for me." 

• Like 1

Wow, I love how involved she has made herself in your diaper supply acquisition. If only Costco did sell good adult diapers! Obviously it's been 5 years but it must be very affirming for you that she just assumes diapers for her husband is just another potential item on the shopping list. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, superabsorbantpolymer said:

Obviously it's been 5 years but it must be very affirming for you that she just assumes diapers for her husband is just another potential item on the shopping list. 

I may be fooling myself, but I do think of it that way. Or when she just buys diaper cream or baby powder because the stock in the linen closet is dwindling and she happened to be at the store. She did once buy diapers for me, years ago - they were on sale at 50% off or something, terrible Tena breathable cloth-backed diapers that barely fit and only contained one wetting. Regardless, I thanked her - it was the thought that counted!

I've been burned once again by the inconsistent performance of the Rearz Select, their vintage Pampers-inspired single-tab-per-side white plastic diaper that they've discontinued, allegedly (although they did that once before and then brought them back). I got them for a screaming deal, at least in terms of ABDL products - at less than $2 a diaper, even if they're not the best (and they're not - more on that anon), that's what the cheapest Depends in the store cost on sale up here, and those aren't fit for the dead. 

I've sworn off of these things before because I've been burned by them - the one-tape fit tends to cause the front to yawn open and swallow the hem of my shirt, or the front folds over and wicks into my pants, or I get a leg leak, if the front is snug. I railed against them here a while back, but then wore one after that, and... it did okay, for some reason. I was in it longer than I thought I would be, maybe 6 hours or so, and it didn't leak. 

So... I put one on this morning, knowing that I was going to be leaving the house in the afternoon, and would be out for the evening, so I'd be putting something fresh on at that point, regardless of what I had on at the time. I'm not going to go have dinner with friends in a diaper at 50%+ of its capacity, that I've been in for 8 hours at that point. 

This time, on the FIRST wetting, the Select I'm wearing leaked at the top of my left rear thigh, dampening the back of my trousers. I'm at home in my office so it's not a disaster, but it is irritating, because I'd pulled these pants out of the laundry this morning and thought that they wouldn't be going back in there immediately. Also, I'm often sans-trousers in my office, and I wish I'd pursued that policy today, because my chair is waterproof, but I had pants on because I'd been running back and forth to my car and had just left them on, rather than streaking across my driveway like some kind of diapered apparition. 

I pulled plastic pants on over my diaper, because it still had probably 70% of its capacity remaining, but... I'm mad at myself. I should have known better, I guess. My results with these diapers are SO, so inconsistent. I guess it's plastic pants from now on, when I'm in these. 

3 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I pulled plastic pants on over my diaper, because it still had probably 70% of its capacity remaining, but... I'm mad at myself. I should have known better, I guess. My results with these diapers are SO, so inconsistent. I guess it's plastic pants from now on, when I'm in these. 

I find that plastic pants definitely have their place in a multi-layer defense strategy although down here in steamier climes, I prefer PUL to flat-out plastic for some level of breathability and use them pretty much every day.

As many have pointed out, plastic pants don't stop leaks over disposable diapers (although they can delay them).  What they DO though is stop wicking which would otherwise frequently be the agent behind damp spots on outerwear.

• Like 2

I had a minor but notable experience last night... I went out to dinner with a friend, wearing a Rearz Active Air, a medium-duty cloth-backed diaper that I find pretty reliable for mid-range journeys into the world. I've been wearing mostly plastic diapers lately and I wanted to switch it up. That's neither here nor there - the diaper worked fine. But when I got home, it was pretty wet, so I decided to take a shower before putting on a MegaMax (which I'm still in), and going to bed. 

I took my shower, toweled off, and this part is key - I made sure everything was dry down there and put diaper cream on. My new diaper was hanging on the towel rack. Because of what I ate for dinner - chicken wings -  I decided to floss, just because the floss was in the same drawer as the diaper cream, and that drawer was open. So, I proceeded to clean between my teeth (my dentist would approve), and then when I was done, I reached down for the lower drawer, which houses my toothbrush... when I noted three quarter-sized drops on the floor underneath me. Here's the thing - I was stone dry by that point, in terms of shower water. I have a mat right outside the shower stall, and I towel off on that, before I walk on the tile over to the sink area - I don't like being wet on the tiles because it's a slip hazard, and they're a natural stone product and tend to show water spots. My hair would more aptly be measured in millimeters than in inches - I don't drip once I've run a towel over my head for 30 seconds. And, I have a routine where I take time to specifically dry off my diaper area, and then I allow it to air dry for a minute, before putting diaper cream on. Usually, right after that, I put a diaper on, but this time, I was compelled to floss first, because of the random firing of synapses, I'm sure - there was no rhyme or reason to it. 

I looked down at the floor, a bit dumbfounded. I'd felt nothing. I stared intently at "mini-me" for a minute or so, but nothing further was forthcoming. I stopped concentrating, got some tissue and some spray, and give the floor a quick wipe, then went over to the towel rack to get my diaper. I stood at the rack, banana-folded it, and prepared to pit in between my butt and the rack, for my usual standing self-diapering procedure, when I noted... a drop on the floor in front of the rack. Now, that could have happened when I walked by earlier, fresh from the shower, I suppose... but, it would have been after I'd toweled off, and, I'd looked over that way at least a couple of times, specifically to see if I'd left water on the floor past the bath mat, and I hadn't... so I kind of think I would have seen a drop on the floor, had there been one. 

I put my diaper on and that was that, but, the experience stuck with me. I'll have to either spend some time naked, or else, put on a bone-dry diaper and then inspect it every 15 minutes without authorizing any releases, at some point when I have some time, just to see if this is a thing, or not. I haven't really heard of anyone here experiencing such a minor version of "incontinence" (I wouldn't really even use that somewhat weighty term, but I can't think of another, less significant adjective that would apply, at least right now). I've had my prostate examined recently, by the way, and everything is good in that department... this isn't going to send my scurrying to my doctor. It's just.... curious. Have I become so lazy in that department, that a drip here and there is getting past the goalie, and I don't even know about it? 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, superabsorbantpolymer said:

Congrats, I hope to experience the same some day.

I never really set out to "achieve" this, and I'm not entirely convinced it's an ongoing thing - I brushed my teeth this morning after taking off my overnight diaper and I didn't drip. That precipitates a funny story, actually, because I slept at a buddy's place last night after getting into some high-octane IPA's. I was in their guest bedroom, and I slept like a rock, and woke up soaked - I was impressed with how wet I was, and I felt around to make sure I hadn't leaked into the sheets anywhere, but I had not. I was very wet almost all the way up the back, so I think I did that thing I do where I rolled onto my back when I was wetting, but I have no recollection of it at all. My diaper, a MegaMax, was very swollen, but the bathroom dedicated to the guest bedroom was being used to store painting supplies, so I would have had to get around ladders and roller poles and trays and buckets of paint, to make use of that room, so I had to pull shorts on and waddle through their main living area to go brush my teeth and get changed in their main washroom, which is right off of their living room. I had gotten up a bit early so I thought I'd have the place to myself, but nope, my buddy's wife was sitting on the couch, reading and drinking tea, in the tomb-silent room. 

You can probably see where this is going. I was slightly aware of the sounds my diaper was making as I said good morning crossing the room, though more concerned that the bulk of it might be noticeable, so I detoured around their substantial kitchen island, ostensibly to put a glass in their sink, but mostly to put it between me and her. But then, I had to go change my diaper in a bathroom right off the hall, right around the corner from where she was sitting. I went in there and turned on the fan, and then turned a tap on for background noise (and to wash my face), before ever-so-slowly pulling two tabs off on one side, so I could slide the diaper down. I'm usually thankful for those mighty MegaMax tabs, but not this time - it was hard to pull them off quietly. Then, I had to ball it up and put it into a plastic bag, and into my backpack, before putting on a Rearz BeDry (which I'm in now)... man, did unfolding and putting on that diaper sound loud to my ears. I know there were a lot of plasticky noises coming from the bathroom - I just hope that the fan and the running water obscured them, and that if she noticed anything, she assumed that I was manipulating my toiletries and towel out of and into a plastic bag. I had my backpack with me but I elected to carry the bag separately for my return trip across the main room, just to reinforce that I had a plastic bag with me, and let it bounce off my knee as I walked, to disguise any noise coming from my new diaper, which was still a bit stiff, having just been unfolded. 

Speaking of that backpack, it is my defacto diaper bag these days, but, about an hour ago, I was unexpectedly given a real diaper bag, by my wife. Her and my daughter were pulling suitcases out of the basement, and she started going through a tote of folded up bags that we have down there (my wife keeps everything), looking for a laptop bag for my daughter. What she found in there as well, was a diaper bag that we had used when my kids were still in diapers, and she brought it up to me and said, somewhat jokingly, "Here, I thought you could use this. Remember this bag? I think we bought it when (second daughter) was born, because the one we used for (first daughter) was too small. I used it as a purse for a while, too. Maybe it can be a diaper bag again, hmmm?"

I looked at it as she held it up, before taking it from her with a raised eyebrow. It wasn't obviously a diaper bag - it was actually branded "Jeep", of all things, and it was in shades of dun and dark blue, with a camo motif. The top flap of it could be folded over and had doubled-up layer underneath it that allowed it to extend out as a changing pad, which would not be of much use for anyone more than about 30 inches long, but, the pockets inside were big enough for a bin of wipes, baby powder, diaper cream, and the pocket for diapers was huge and closed separately with a zipper - it could conceal two or three decent diaper, easily. 

I have it on the floor of my bedroom, next to my bed right now. I am considering using it as my in-car diaper bag. It's kind of funny how it has been resurrected. I don't know if my wife was serious or not, but, I might follow her suggestion. 

• Like 4
On 3/3/2024 at 12:48 PM, Little Sherri said:

I don't know if my wife was serious or not, but, I might follow her suggestion

Do it.  "Reluctant" partners can take very quiet steps to engage deeper, and (in my experience) can be hurt when you don't play along.

Worst case, she tells you she was just joking after you take it to the bar some night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 3/5/2024 at 9:49 AM, jeremy12312 said:

Do it.  "Reluctant" partners can take very quiet steps to engage deeper, and (in my experience) can be hurt when you don't play along.

Well, I'm following your advice. This diaper bag is now my diaper bag. Although I reserve the right to switch to a backpack under certain situations - I don't know that an oversized camo purse is what I want to have over my shoulder when I'm boarding an airplane, or for carting around at, say, a festival or concert or amusement park. But it will be my in-car diaper bag and the one I carry with me if I'm, say, on the road and decide to swap a diaper in a restaurant bathroom. Although, pro tip: car dealership bathrooms are usually pristine, deserted, and often have big trash bins in them. Walk in through the parts department - sales assumes you're there for service, parts assumes you're there for sales. You might even emerge with an espresso. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
On 3/3/2024 at 10:48 AM, Little Sherri said:

I never really set out to "achieve" this, and I'm not entirely convinced it's an ongoing thing - I brushed my teeth this morning after taking off my overnight diaper and I didn't drip. That precipitates a funny story, actually, because I slept at a buddy's place last night after getting into some high-octane IPA's. I was in their guest bedroom, and I slept like a rock, and woke up soaked - I was impressed with how wet I was, and I felt around to make sure I hadn't leaked into the sheets anywhere, but I had not. I was very wet almost all the way up the back, so I think I did that thing I do where I rolled onto my back when I was wetting, but I have no recollection of it at all. My diaper, a MegaMax, was very swollen, but the bathroom dedicated to the guest bedroom was being used to store painting supplies, so I would have had to get around ladders and roller poles and trays and buckets of paint, to make use of that room, so I had to pull shorts on and waddle through their main living area to go brush my teeth and get changed in their main washroom, which is right off of their living room. I had gotten up a bit early so I thought I'd have the place to myself, but nope, my buddy's wife was sitting on the couch, reading and drinking tea, in the tomb-silent room. 

You can probably see where this is going. I was slightly aware of the sounds my diaper was making as I said good morning crossing the room, though more concerned that the bulk of it might be noticeable, so I detoured around their substantial kitchen island, ostensibly to put a glass in their sink, but mostly to put it between me and her. But then, I had to go change my diaper in a bathroom right off the hall, right around the corner from where she was sitting. I went in there and turned on the fan, and then turned a tap on for background noise (and to wash my face), before ever-so-slowly pulling two tabs off on one side, so I could slide the diaper down. I'm usually thankful for those mighty MegaMax tabs, but not this time - it was hard to pull them off quietly. Then, I had to ball it up and put it into a plastic bag, and into my backpack, before putting on a Rearz BeDry (which I'm in now)... man, did unfolding and putting on that diaper sound loud to my ears. I know there were a lot of plasticky noises coming from the bathroom - I just hope that the fan and the running water obscured them, and that if she noticed anything, she assumed that I was manipulating my toiletries and towel out of and into a plastic bag. I had my backpack with me but I elected to carry the bag separately for my return trip across the main room, just to reinforce that I had a plastic bag with me, and let it bounce off my knee as I walked, to disguise any noise coming from my new diaper, which was still a bit stiff, having just been unfolded. 

Speaking of that backpack, it is my defacto diaper bag these days, but, about an hour ago, I was unexpectedly given a real diaper bag, by my wife. Her and my daughter were pulling suitcases out of the basement, and she started going through a tote of folded up bags that we have down there (my wife keeps everything), looking for a laptop bag for my daughter. What she found in there as well, was a diaper bag that we had used when my kids were still in diapers, and she brought it up to me and said, somewhat jokingly, "Here, I thought you could use this. Remember this bag? I think we bought it when (second daughter) was born, because the one we used for (first daughter) was too small. I used it as a purse for a while, too. Maybe it can be a diaper bag again, hmmm?"

I looked at it as she held it up, before taking it from her with a raised eyebrow. It wasn't obviously a diaper bag - it was actually branded "Jeep", of all things, and it was in shades of dun and dark blue, with a camo motif. The top flap of it could be folded over and had doubled-up layer underneath it that allowed it to extend out as a changing pad, which would not be of much use for anyone more than about 30 inches long, but, the pockets inside were big enough for a bin of wipes, baby powder, diaper cream, and the pocket for diapers was huge and closed separately with a zipper - it could conceal two or three decent diaper, easily. 

I have it on the floor of my bedroom, next to my bed right now. I am considering using it as my in-car diaper bag. It's kind of funny how it has been resurrected. I don't know if my wife was serious or not, but, I might follow her suggestion. 

I have used a very small bag for a lot of yrs , I just found a really nice bag and its almost the same as the pic , I have one like it I used to use for camping , I got it cheap, but people are using a very strong smelly stuff at the better second hand stores. I have a hard time getting rid of that smell, it came after the Covid stuff started . I really would Love to find out the best way to get that smell out of stuff. But in a month it may be ok, I have soaked it with Frebreze Baby sent. But even though it's better it's not gone, I also have a crib mattress that still has the small and I scrubbed it several times. The one bad thing about used stuff .  Since Covid.

So for diaper bags, I have been experimenting. The biggest issue for me is 247 and going to concerts right now. I've taken the giant clear bags, or my Scott E Vest with a diaper pocket, but both are somewhat awkward. Hiking is another matter but I'll cross that bridge in the future.

I bought this for CapCon and am planning on buying a not-pink one for concerts. BTW 100% needed for CapCon. I wore a dress or just a t shirt and a diaper and I kept my phone, wallet, room key, some snacks in it and it was perfect!!!

Well... come to find out, I can fold a medium Trest and it will fit in the big pocket! It is a tight fit, at an angle, but it fits! This solution is WAY easier for me. Not going to work for multiple changes, but if I have a #2 accident I have a spare and if I end up maxxing it out (I maxxed out a Trest in 4 hours two weeks ago, I have a spare and dont have to be all awkward because I am waddling and about to leak! Also, I can keep it on my waist and if I have to go to the bathroom, it just stays on my waist! A fanny pack is acceptable as I keep my phone and a snack and some meds in there. I think this will be my go to moving forward.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07567V1HS?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

4 hours ago, foreverdl said:

but people are using a very strong smelly stuff at the better second hand stores. I have a hard time getting rid of that smell, it came after the Covid stuff started .

You might try ozone - if you can borrow, buy or rent an ozone generating machine and put it in a confined space with the stuff, it's a potent oxidizer and it tends to accelerate the aging of smells. They're not cheap but not crazy expensive anymore - I think they can be found in the $80 - $100 range for purchase, less for a used one.

Mixing hydrogen peroxide with, say, dish soap - something that cuts grease - and putting a spoonful of baking powder in the mix as well might help, IF the surfaces will not be damaged by contact with a liquid. 3% hydrogen peroxide of the type typically used for disinfection generally doesn't bleach inks and dyes, but you might want to test an inconspicuous corner first, to make sure. If the materials stand up to it, then spray it down and let it stand for a while, before spraying it with some hot water and drying with a towel or paper towel. 

4 hours ago, PuraVidaDip said:

(I maxxed out a Trest in 4 hours two weeks ago,

I have not tried a Trest yet but based on what I've read about them, that's impressive! I figured a Trest would be a 12-hour diaper. 

4 hours ago, PuraVidaDip said:

Hiking is another matter but I'll cross that bridge in the future.

I like hiking - I usually carry a backpack with water, snacks, and a plastic bag and a spare diaper. I tend to go cloth-backed - the Rearz Active Air is an excellent product for this - and I use lots of diaper cream. I have walked 10+ miles with no problem. I'd love to find somewhere remote enough to hike in just a diaper, but where I live, there is too much probability that I'll traumatize some innocent nature lover when I round a corner in my big diaper on a nice afternoon, and ruin their day...

• Like 2

This has been a week of business travel, excess coffee consumption, beers or wine with dinner, difficulty falling asleep... and wet nights, intriguingly. I woke up with a wet bum three times this week, and I only have a recollection of one of the occurrences. I recall being woken up feeling like I needed to pee, with that "it's right at the tip" feeling that males of the species get when you're already partially letting it come down (and do let me know if people with anatomically female plumbing get that feeling too... I've never thought to ask). I am not sure of the exact anatomical mechanism of this - I really should study up on my urology so that I can talk knowledgeably about it, but I'm sure many of you could school me. I suspect that some of you are urologists. It would kind of make sense, that people into "this" would get called to that profession. But I digress. I think the internal sphincter, the one that is not under motor neuron control, had agreed to the release, but the other one, which I believe is the external sphincter, the one that my brain control directly, was holding out. So I rolled over onto my back, made sure "Mini-me" was pointed downward, and then drifted back to sleep. 

The other two times likely went the same way, except that I have no memory of it, any more than I have any memory of moving around in my sleep. I don't think that the executive suites were consulted, but I'm sure that I rolled onto my back to do it, because I didn't leak into the sheets, and all three times, the diapers were gratuitously wet. One was a Mega Barnyard, and two were BeDry nights, if memory serves. I can check my diaper can if I really want to confirm, I guess. 

So... coffee in the afternoon or evening leads to poor sleep (at least in me), but wine with dinner somewhat counteracts that, although not a lot of wine, because I always had to get up and do it all again the next day, and sometimes also had to drive home after dinner. Somehow, that's the formula for waking up wet. I'll have to attempt a regression analysis and see if I can corelate anything. Maybe it all comes down to wearing black socks - I was in black socks the whole time. 

I got a funny look from my wife once, when I came home in dress pants over a slim diaper - a Tranquility ATN - that I had been in for a few hours, and I went up to my bedroom to change, and I realized I had nowhere else to be, so I put on a Rearz Mega Barnyard but then just pulled the same pants back on, because I needed to get back to my desk and finish some notes before I forgot what I'd seen. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water, wearing dress pants and a golf shirt (it's been decently warm for Canada in March), and that incongruously big, puffy diaper was bulging all over the place under the relatively thin, tan pant material. She raised her eyebrows and said "You wore that?!?", and I didn't immediately clue in to what she was referring to, thinking she meant that something was wrong with my shirt or something. 

"What? What's the problem?" I inquired, and then my daughter, who was at the sink said, "Your gyatt, dad - she means your gyatt." I have had teenaged daughters long enough to know that "gyatt" is slang for your butt, or at least, it's a word they say to express surprise or admiration for a large butt, so I realized that they were talking, at least tangentially, about my diaper. 

"Ah, no, I just got changed, I didn't wear this to the meeting."

• Like 2
On 3/6/2024 at 8:52 PM, Little Sherri said:

You might try ozone - if you can borrow, buy or rent an ozone generating machine and put it in a confined space with the stuff, it's a potent oxidizer and it tends to accelerate the aging of smells. They're not cheap but not crazy expensive anymore - I think they can be found in the $80 - $100 range for purchase, less for a used one.

Mixing hydrogen peroxide with, say, dish soap - something that cuts grease - and putting a spoonful of baking powder in the mix as well might help, IF the surfaces will not be damaged by contact with a liquid. 3% hydrogen peroxide of the type typically used for disinfection generally doesn't bleach inks and dyes, but you might want to test an inconspicuous corner first, to make sure. If the materials stand up to it, then spray it down and let it stand for a while, before spraying it with some hot water and drying with a towel or paper towel. 

I have not tried a Trest yet but based on what I've read about them, that's impressive! I figured a Trest would be a 12-hour diaper. 

I like hiking - I usually carry a backpack with water, snacks, and a plastic bag and a spare diaper. I tend to go cloth-backed - the Rearz Active Air is an excellent product for this - and I use lots of diaper cream. I have walked 10+ miles with no problem. I'd love to find somewhere remote enough to hike in just a diaper, but where I live, there is too much probability that I'll traumatize some innocent nature lover when I round a corner in my big diaper on a nice afternoon, and ruin their day...

I was chugging water a few hours before the Trest cap maxxed out and then proceeded to drink a few beers. My normal use case for a Trest is 6-8 hours with moderate fluid intake

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Little Sherri said:

This has been a week of business travel, excess coffee consumption, beers or wine with dinner, difficulty falling asleep... and wet nights, intriguingly. I woke up with a wet bum three times this week, and I only have a recollection of one of the occurrences. I recall being woken up feeling like I needed to pee, with that "it's right at the tip" feeling that males of the species get when you're already partially letting it come down (and do let me know if people with anatomically female plumbing get that feeling too... I've never thought to ask). I am not sure of the exact anatomical mechanism of this - I really should study up on my urology so that I can talk knowledgeably about it, but I'm sure many of you could school me. I suspect that some of you are urologists. It would kind of make sense, that people into "this" would get called to that profession. But I digress. I think the internal sphincter, the one that is not under motor neuron control, had agreed to the release, but the other one, which I believe is the external sphincter, the one that my brain control directly, was holding out. So I rolled over onto my back, made sure "Mini-me" was pointed downward, and then drifted back to sleep. 

The other two times likely went the same way, except that I have no memory of it, any more than I have any memory of moving around in my sleep. I don't think that the executive suites were consulted, but I'm sure that I rolled onto my back to do it, because I didn't leak into the sheets, and all three times, the diapers were gratuitously wet. One was a Mega Barnyard, and two were BeDry nights, if memory serves. I can check my diaper can if I really want to confirm, I guess. 

So... coffee in the afternoon or evening leads to poor sleep (at least in me), but wine with dinner somewhat counteracts that, although not a lot of wine, because I always had to get up and do it all again the next day, and sometimes also had to drive home after dinner. Somehow, that's the formula for waking up wet. I'll have to attempt a regression analysis and see if I can corelate anything. Maybe it all comes down to wearing black socks - I was in black socks the whole time. 

I got a funny look from my wife once, when I came home in dress pants over a slim diaper - a Tranquility ATN - that I had been in for a few hours, and I went up to my bedroom to change, and I realized I had nowhere else to be, so I put on a Rearz Mega Barnyard but then just pulled the same pants back on, because I needed to get back to my desk and finish some notes before I forgot what I'd seen. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water, wearing dress pants and a golf shirt (it's been decently warm for Canada in March), and that incongruously big, puffy diaper was bulging all over the place under the relatively thin, tan pant material. She raised her eyebrows and said "You wore that?!?", and I didn't immediately clue in to what she was referring to, thinking she meant that something was wrong with my shirt or something. 

"What? What's the problem?" I inquired, and then my daughter, who was at the sink said, "Your gyatt, dad - she means your gyatt." I have had teenaged daughters long enough to know that "gyatt" is slang for your butt, or at least, it's a word they say to express surprise or admiration for a large butt, so I realized that they were talking, at least tangentially, about my diaper. 

"Ah, no, I just got changed, I didn't wear this to the meeting."

Something that's really nice about  you being "out of the closet" is you can ask your wife/family if your diaper is visible. Do you avail of that often or it is usually unsolicited feedback?

One thing I struggle with is buying clothes, in general, and especially trying to look good and be diapered. Have you gone clothes shopping with them since returning to diapers? I don't know your family but generally ladies tend to enjoy and be better at shopping than us. It could be a fun activity, "diaper proof clothes shopping". Seeing as your wife is tacitly engaging in your diapers more lately but has expressed pro-discretion views she'd probably have useful input 😂

Also interesting theory about people with our interests being urologist. I'm not a urologist, although I have spent a lot of time reading urology papers haha. But don't think I'd enjoy it as a job when you're dealing with actual people and their problems day in and day out. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

This has been a week of business travel, excess coffee consumption, beers or wine with dinner, difficulty falling asleep... and wet nights, intriguingly. I woke up with a wet bum three times this week, and I only have a recollection of one of the occurrences.

The intermittent but more or less total loss of insight into my nocturnal pee habits is becoming sufficiently common in my world to have me thinking it is a new developmental phase emerging.

In my case, I don’t know how many nights were “wet” for me over the previous 7 days.  I suspect at least 3 but it could well be more.  To be perfectly honest with myself, it might have been ALL of them.  I just don’t know really.  It's a little harder for me to tell because I'm almost always slightly wet when I fall asleep.

5 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I’ve got no doubt that alcohol potentiates my chance of bedwetting but I’m also starting to notice that another great agent provocateur is “not thinking about wetting the bed”, or, to flip that coin, "thinking a lot about something else".  Is there a chance that your business travel and active social life provided this kind of distraction?

• Like 1
20 hours ago, oznl said:

Is there a chance that your business travel and active social life provided this kind of distraction?

That's an interesting thought. I have had a lot on my mind this week, and not a lot of it had anything to do with whether or not I would wet the bed, or, diapers in general. They were just kind of a background process - I wore them, wet them, and replaced them responsibly, but I didn't give it a lot of thought. I had a team of colleagues in the area and we did some site visits in tandem that, added up, constitute more time with my workmates and more time on site in the last week, than I experienced in the previous 3 months. 

So maybe not thinking about bedwetting is the key to bedwetting. That, and drinking more. I think I may be the man for this assignment...

On 3/8/2024 at 6:46 PM, superabsorbantpolymer said:

Something that's really nice about  you being "out of the closet" is you can ask your wife/family if your diaper is visible. Do you avail of that often or it is usually unsolicited feedback?

Every once in a while. Most of the time, if they comment, it is entirely of their own accord - if I ask my wife if my diaper is visible under a particular outfit, I'm just as likely to get a potshot as I am to get usable feedback, so I don't tend to invite that unless I really need an opinion. For example, with dressy clothes for work or social functions, or, if I've bought something new, I might ask my them if "this looks okay" or if I can "get away with wearing this." A couple of times my wife has suggested wearing one of "your bodysuit thingies" (a onesie), for example. 

I don't often take my wife or either of my daughters out shopping for clothing with me, because our philosophies and objectives around that activity are entirely discordant. I like to go to the first place I think will have the thing I need, buy it in the size I know fits me, generally not try it on, and walk out of there, pronto. The exception to this are things that I know will need to be fitted, such as suits, or, if I'm on the ragged edge of a size, I might try a couple of sizes out over a realistic diaper, just to make sure I'm not fooling myself into believing that I've slimmed down enough to wear something that I will later regret buying. But I do that in the privacy of the dressing room. 

They like to go to 20 different places, try everything on, quite possibly buy nothing, and then go back another day and try stuff on again a few times, before buying it. They have taken me shopping for things before, and I'll put up with modeling a couple of items, but I'd rather be dragged behind wild horses than spend a day traipsing through a mall and looking at myself in a mirror repeatedly. 

On another topic, I am, I guess I could say, proud of myself today... I've spent the day in a cloth diaper and (printed) plastic pants. I am trying to push through my squeamishness about wearing them in front of my wife, although for the most part, I have been clothed. She did see me in them this morning when I was brushing my teeth, and later, I changed out of pajama pants and into jeans in our room while she was chatting to me about an upcoming trip. After that, I was sorting clothes and trying to figure out what could go away for the summer (on the probably incorrect assumption that winter weather is nearly over for us), and what could be donated or burned. During that process, she was coming and going from our room. 

One unanticipated side effect of being "the diapered one" in the house is that it's become harder to achieve privacy... I guess the general assumption is, I don't need it? If I'm in the shower or in the washroom with the door closed, usually I will get at least a knock before the door is opened, but in my room, no such courtesy is extended. Maybe it's because my kids and my wife are female, and so they don't worry about privacy much among themselves. But, whereas I would be loath to throw open one of my kids' bedroom doors without knocking and getting an affirmative response, they just toss the door open into our room all the time. Or, as happened today, my wife throws the door open and goes walking out without closing it behind her. I was trying shorts on and sorting them according to if they fit or would likely fit in the near future, or if they should be relegated back into long-term storage, and was in a t-shirt and plastic pants, when she left the room to go get something from our guest bedroom, so I went over to close the door behind her... and nearly came face to face with my daughter, coming down the hall to use our bathroom. Sigh. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

That's an interesting thought. I have had a lot on my mind this week, and not a lot of it had anything to do with whether or not I would wet the bed, or, diapers in general. They were just kind of a background process - I wore them, wet them, and replaced them responsibly, but I didn't give it a lot of thought. I had a team of colleagues in the area and we did some site visits in tandem that, added up, constitute more time with my workmates and more time on site in the last week, than I experienced in the previous 3 months. 

So maybe not thinking about bedwetting is the key to bedwetting. That, and drinking more. I think I may be the man for this assignment...

Every once in a while. Most of the time, if they comment, it is entirely of their own accord - if I ask my wife if my diaper is visible under a particular outfit, I'm just as likely to get a potshot as I am to get usable feedback, so I don't tend to invite that unless I really need an opinion. For example, with dressy clothes for work or social functions, or, if I've bought something new, I might ask my them if "this looks okay" or if I can "get away with wearing this." A couple of times my wife has suggested wearing one of "your bodysuit thingies" (a onesie), for example. 

I don't often take my wife or either of my daughters out shopping for clothing with me, because our philosophies and objectives around that activity are entirely discordant. I like to go to the first place I think will have the thing I need, buy it in the size I know fits me, generally not try it on, and walk out of there, pronto. The exception to this are things that I know will need to be fitted, such as suits, or, if I'm on the ragged edge of a size, I might try a couple of sizes out over a realistic diaper, just to make sure I'm not fooling myself into believing that I've slimmed down enough to wear something that I will later regret buying. But I do that in the privacy of the dressing room. 

They like to go to 20 different places, try everything on, quite possibly buy nothing, and then go back another day and try stuff on again a few times, before buying it. They have taken me shopping for things before, and I'll put up with modeling a couple of items, but I'd rather be dragged behind wild horses than spend a day traipsing through a mall and looking at myself in a mirror repeatedly. 

On another topic, I am, I guess I could say, proud of myself today... I've spent the day in a cloth diaper and (printed) plastic pants. I am trying to push through my squeamishness about wearing them in front of my wife, although for the most part, I have been clothed. She did see me in them this morning when I was brushing my teeth, and later, I changed out of pajama pants and into jeans in our room while she was chatting to me about an upcoming trip. After that, I was sorting clothes and trying to figure out what could go away for the summer (on the probably incorrect assumption that winter weather is nearly over for us), and what could be donated or burned. During that process, she was coming and going from our room. 

One unanticipated side effect of being "the diapered one" in the house is that it's become harder to achieve privacy... I guess the general assumption is, I don't need it? If I'm in the shower or in the washroom with the door closed, usually I will get at least a knock before the door is opened, but in my room, no such courtesy is extended. Maybe it's because my kids and my wife are female, and so they don't worry about privacy much among themselves. But, whereas I would be loath to throw open one of my kids' bedroom doors without knocking and getting an affirmative response, they just toss the door open into our room all the time. Or, as happened today, my wife throws the door open and goes walking out without closing it behind her. I was trying shorts on and sorting them according to if they fit or would likely fit in the near future, or if they should be relegated back into long-term storage, and was in a t-shirt and plastic pants, when she left the room to go get something from our guest bedroom, so I went over to close the door behind her... and nearly came face to face with my daughter, coming down the hall to use our bathroom. Sigh. 

My wife opens the closed to to our bedroom and then leaves, leaving it open all the time as I’m changing my diaper or getting ready and it’s so annoying! 

• Like 1

Well, the family has departed, and other than the dog, I have the place to myself. The unalloyed joy I used to derive from that has been largely euthanized by my 24/7 lifestyle choice... having the place to myself is no longer really a big deal. In fact, I kind of miss them, and they only left a short while ago. I am not going to repeat my experiment from the last time they want away, wherein I resolved to try to use my diapers for everything for a few days, just to gain the experience, since I stand here on my soapbox and pontificate about wearing babies' underpants at least a couple of times a week like I'm some kind of expert. I have enough of that experience, and what it taught me, more than anything else, is that I don't need any more of it. I did not find that degree of "freedom" to be convenient; the cleanup process imposes fairly industrial requirements on my civilian infrastructure. 

I will probably wear cloth diapers a little more freely, though, as I don't have to worry about anyone finding them, or any absurdly printed plastic pants, in the laundry, and in fact, I don't even need to dry the plastic pants - I can just rinse them and put them on a radiator. The one constraint there is that I need to choose my moments to allow for enough runway to make it worthwhile. A cloth diaper is a commitment - I don't want to put one on in the morning if I'm going to be leaving the house in the afternoon to get lunch, or to go shopping, or whatever. If I'm going to wear cloth and clean cloth and dry cloth, then I want like 15 hours out of them - they have to save me at least one disposable's life-equivalence. 

As I noted before, I did manage this past weekend to push through my illogical bashfulness and go about a good part of a day wearing cloth, including in front of my wife, and they are lovely to be in, at least at first - eventually, you do tend to take on the aura of an untended toddler, no matter how sterile the diaper was when you put it on. Disposables have them beat there, or at least the good ones do. 

Right now, I'm in plastic pants and a Rearz Select - I fell asleep in bed last night waiting for my wife to finish in the bathroom, and when I woke up at 2 AM in my mostly-saturated Daydreamer, lying on top of the covers, I was too lazy to go change, and so I made up an excuse to myself that I didn't want to disturb the dog, and I pulled the blankets up over myself and went back to sleep. This morning, that Daydreamer was at the end of its REM cycle, and even if it might have taken another wetting or two, it smelled stale, and the last thing I want to do is kick off a Monday with a good bout of diaper rash, so I ended the Dream. But, I was thinking at the time that I might have to run an errand this afternoon (the need for which has since been obviated), so what I needed was a fill-in diaper, to get me through the morning and part of the afternoon, before I would put on something fresh for my foray into the world, that I could then wear until bedtime, more or less.

So, I reached for the treasonous but cheap Rearz Selects, and put on plastic pants, this time, the lessons of the past being fresh enough in my mind to still influence my behaviour. No shirt hem wicking or thigh leaking this time, Select, or at least, not unless I really court it. 

Yeah, that Select got me. It didn't eat the hem of my shirt this time, but somehow it became so saturated in one area - while still being mostly dry in others - that is precipitated a rivulet of fluid across the inside of my plastic pants. Plastic pants over a disposable can prevent wicking incidents, and, delay leaks somewhat, but, there is no absorbency in there, if you're wearing a plastic-backed disposable, so confining fluid between two sheets of plastic is a loser's game. Ergo, the Select won, and my jeans lost, on the outside edge of my thigh. Sigh. But watch, if I put another one on, it will transform itself into a reliable middle-weight daytime diaper and I'll sit in it and work away for 6 hours with no problems. It's like playing blackjack. I just need to burn through these and be done with them. 

After that Select betrayed me, I reached for a classic, a Rearz Incontrol Elite Hybrid, which is a Gen 1 super diaper from right after Rearz launched the Incontrol sub-brand. These harken back to when a large diaper was a large diaper - today, Rearz would call this an XL for sure. It fit me generously. The capacity claims back then were generally less hyperbolic, although still mostly unattainable, which makes me wonder why it is necessary, now, to say that any diaper can hold 11000 ml of fluid - as I've said many times before, that's over 24 lbs of fluid, trapped in your underpants. Or, to use a Toronto-area unit of measure, two dead raccoons. 

When this diaper was built, they claimed "only" 5500 ml of capacity for it - that's still 12 lbs of liquid - but, you could maybe get within striking distance of that, without having to perform gymnastics in a bathtub. Don't get me wrong - you were not going to be going out ballroom dancing, and you probably shouldn't sit down on anything not easily wiped off - but at least you were in the ballpark of possibility. 11000 ml (as their new BeDry Night currently claims) is a moonshot of a promise. 

The diaper was very comfortable, and lasted 15 hours on me, on a day when I didn't need to go anywhere except out with the dog, under the cover of darkness, in a long jacket. Fair thee well, Elite Hybrid, you were a pal of a diaper. Now, I want to try the BeDry Elitecare, which looks like the spiritual successor to the Elite Hybrid. I just have to make room on my shelf for another case, amidst my 6 months or so of supply, so that my wife doesn't notice it... 

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, superabsorbantpolymer said:

The BeDry Elitecare isn't worth the price in my opinion. Not much more usable capacity than the regular BeDry and much poorer construction in my opinion. All while being significantly more expensive.

That is a disappointing, but appreciated review. I haven't tried them yet. I do have both the BeDry and the BeDry Night in my arsenal, however the BeDry Elitecare looked like an excellent performance-for-the-money point, just based on what Rearz/Incontrol says about them, being that they are "rated" (I use that term advisedly) to 10,000 ml, and the Night is rated to 11,000 ml, and the Elitecare comes in 18% lower per unit ($3.33 vs $3.93 CAD), and 10,000 vs 11,000 ml (-9%) to me is an argument about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin - in practical, active living, I'd be lucky to get 4000 ml in either of them and still be able to do anything other than sit on a towel. 

In any case, the average human renal output is about 2000 ml a day. I know I'm above that - I like my coffee and I drink water with some frequency - but I'm not 16 pints above the average on a normal day, I reckon. That does not take into account when I go to the pub and drink 2000 ml an hour for three hours... although, strangely, I do not immediately discharge all of that into my diaper, or else I'd be changing myself hourly. There is some lag to the process; you have to familiarize yourself with terms like "euvolemic" and hyper- and hypotonic, and isotonic, to try and discern what's going on, but basically, the kidneys do not allow for massive changes in the concentration of ions in your body fluids. Alcohol is a diuretic, but I also tend to eat salty foods when I drink. 

will have to engage in some tactical diaper planning for St. Patrick's day, however, because the place we usually go to, a local Irish pub, becomes standing-room-only by noon on St. Patrick's day, so if you want a table, you're going there for brunch, basically, and then day-drinking yourself into oblivion. There's no way in hell I can take a car that day, unless I plan to abandon it, and there's no way in hell that I won't need a diaper bag with me for what looks like an 8-hour marathon. 

On a side note, I stood face to face with perhaps the only stranger in my area (that I know of...) who maybe (or probably) knows that I, or someone in my household, wears diapers (other than the garbage man, perhaps). I was sitting up in my office in a Rearz Critter Caboose, having commuted over there in athletic pants and a sweatshirt. The athletic pants were hanging over a railing across the room from me, when someone honked a horn on my driveway. I looked out my window, and saw that a postal vehicle was out front, which explained why my dog went from sleeping to ballistic in a third of a second. The postal lady then went up to the door, because she needed a signature on something. Crap. And they give you no time - you get about three beats to answer, or they leave a notice and drive off, and then you have to trek down to the post office in town, which is only open during bankers hours, to retrieve it. I had no choice... I pulled the athletic pants over my unathletic figure, and big puffy diaper, and jumped out onto the driveway hastily. 

I felt uncommonly self-conscious, aware as I was of both the bulk, and the low-level sounds of my diaper, under the thin, slightly snug material. And, this lady, whom I recognized as frequently serving our general area, has delivered anonymous, bulky boxes of diapers to my stoop with some regularity. They don't say "XL Baby Pants" on them, but, I kind of think that they know something of what's in there. They have to scan the barcode on the shipping label to confirm they've dropped them off. Both the label, and, I'm sure, the device they use, report, in small print, the package originated at Rearz or Healthwick or Bambino or ABU or wherever. And she does this day in, day out... I know if that were my job, I'd develop theories about what packages contain. I couldn't help myself. 

Anyway, she was very nice about it, and what she was delivering, at least this time, was not diaper related, it was government mail for my wife. I stood there watching her back out, rather than backing up myself, which would have looked weird, or, turning around and walking away, which would have given her the best (or worst) perspective from which to observe the lumpy topography of my rear, brought to you by Rearz.