LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

24/7 startups, and unexpected pitfalls?

3 minutes ago, oznl said:

I'm curious: what does your other half know about such social outings and what's her take on them?

I do hope to make it to Australia someday, so maybe we can meet up for a beer while I'm there. 

My wife knows nothing about such outings; I've only been to two of them, and I have no idea what she'd make of them, or, indeed, what I expected myself, back before I'd been to one, so I couldn't have explained what my intentions were or what it was for, because I had no idea. I half expected not to make it inside before my second thoughts overwhelmed my bravado, and I fled. So I just told her I was meeting someone for drinks, which was more or less true - there were drinks (pop). 

I wasn't looking to engage in an extramarital affair so I didn't feel ethically bound to give her any details, beyond when I expected I'd likely be back. I think she'd likely be horrified at the idea of it; not that she'd be worried about me coming home with a girlfriend or playmate or whatever form of human relation it would take, but rather, that I'd run into anyone she knew there. Even if, presumably, that person would also have been *there*, so.... But she'd imagine that one of the dads from the kids' dance studio would just happen to be there, consulting on their IT security or whatever, and I'd amble past the office in a big diaper, and boom, social ruination. 

Although one of the dads at the studio became one of the moms at the studio, and most people were pretty progressive and open-minded about it, so I don't think she's giving that crew enough credit. 

Regardless, me saying that I was going out Saturday night to an ABDL-themed event would be the same as my announcing I was going to a Vanilla Sky party, in her estimation. Unless I brought her. But that would be like bringing a live grenade to a frat party. Perhaps nothing would happen. 

I suspect that she has room in her heart for my infantile underwear preferences at least in part because she thinks I "need" them (I do), and that I've leaned into it as a way of compensating for what would otherwise be a miserable predicament, from her perspective... being a middle-aged otherwise healthy man who "has to" wear protective undergarments. Taking her to a Diapers Are Great party might cause some kind of psychic fracture in her. Certainly, she'd question the spending a bit more. 

I have now tested these Bambino Skooldoodles to failure, and they rate, in my opinion, as a pretty good "medium-duty" diaper. They're not at the practical absorbency level of a Mermaid Tale or an Elite Hybrid something-something-something, but I find those diapers only useful when I have about 20 hours with no need to leave the house or interact with anyone other than my spouse, so I can get away with looking like I have a couch cushion in my pants. IE, rare occasions. I'd compare these with a Megamax or any of the sub-ultra-premium Rearz products that I've tried; they probably compare most directly to a Safari, Barnyard or Princess Pink, with a bit more capacity than the Lil' Monster/Bella/Squirts, but also a bit more bulk. Their failure mode is non-catastrophic, consisting of press-out leaks at the gathers, basically. I felt some liquid moving around, even across the side of my waist, as they neared capacity, which is usually a bad sign, but my clothing stayed dry. They are very comfortable, the hook-and-loop tabs hold really well, and I experienced no irritation over the 16 hours or so I've been in this diaper. I slept in it, so the first 10 hours of its service life were fairly uneventful. I had one dream that I really had to pee and was trying to do so, and when I woke up, the diaper was bit wet at the front, but it probably still had 90% of its capacity left. Now, it's about 2:30 PM, and I decided after lunch that there would be no more pants over this diaper, which was wise, because the aforementioned small press-out leak has recently manifested. 

However, the diaper was at probably 75% of capacity over lunch, and I had jeans on and was helping my contractor move something heavy, so that's the degree of confidence I have in this product, and the level to which it still remains concealable. I hope. Good job, Bambino. 

I was wearing this Bambino, watching a renovation show with my wife last night, when I had another one of those the-Universe-is-mocking-me moments. First of all, I don't know why she wants to watch a renovation show, when we are living in one, essentially, but to each his or her own. During every single commercial break for the show - every one - they aired a Pampers commercial where a dad holds a baby while he describes how a baby's skin is absorbent, and can absorb moisture that "her diaper doesn't", which he describes as "gross". I hate to break it to you, big guy, but babies, and living things in general, are pretty gross, if you think about it. Your tears are made from interstitial fluid that might have, at one point, been circulating around your bowels. Your sweat might have been around your brain. There is always at least a bit of poop inside everyone, and your body is actively harvesting water from it, if things are working correctly. Water that might eventually show up in your mouth or on your forehead. But I digress. 

Anyway, the commercial kept airing and airing and airing, the guy holding the baby, wearing just a diaper, and describing how the moisture in her diaper would be "gross", but for the amazing absorbency of the Pampers Baby Dry she was wearing. And I was, of course, sitting there in just a sweatshirt, and a big diaper. A pretty dry one, but still, after a while it felt like the commercial was talking just to me. Or to my wife, saying, "Hey, he's wearing a diaper. His skin can absorb moisture that his diaper doesn't. That's GROSS." 

Does anyone else ever occasionally find diaper commercials a tad mortifying? 

I remember as a kid, if my brother wanted to get on my nerves, he'd start whistling the theme song that played over a Luv's commercial that they aired at the time. "Your baby's comfort begins with Luv's...."  So when I was sitting on the living room floor, in my PJ's, diaper on, watching Dukes of Hazzard or Knight Rider before going to bed, and the Luv's commercial came on, I always felt like my brother and my sister were sharing a (usually silent) laugh at my expense. Of course, I also occasionally belted my brother on the arm, if he said something. I wasn't completely helpless in that situation. But I did feel like the Pampers and Luv's and Huggies commercials of the day were mocking me, sometimes. 

Last note... I was sitting here, reading a dense spreadsheet of specifications for a project, when I became aware of a pelvic lightness, a relaxation. Without thinking, I cinched up for a moment, and when I did, I felt the distinct sensation one gets when one tries to stop peeing, and I noted a fluidic pressure wave in the plumbing. Apparently, I had been at least dribbling, if not streaming, but I had no recollection of having agreed to start the transfer. It is entirely possible that I let myself go and simply didn't remember it, just as I don't remember the last time I yawned or blinked - these things happen fairly automatically, but not without some kind of cognitive cooperation. But it was interesting. This causes me to wonder if the minions in the plumbing department might finally be getting the message that the Board of Directors does not need to be informed of all events. 

• Like 1

I planned to wear another of the Bambino Skooldoodle's over the weekend, and when I went to put it on, I realized that the right hand lower tab was missing completely. I have some white duct tape in my bathroom drawer for diaper repairs, so I resorted to that. It's generally reserved for repairing breakdowns in taped-on products, but I figured that it would have enough stick to keep the hook-and-loop Bambino snug, although doing so would render that side of the diaper no longer adjustable. I put my diaper on and conducted my tape repair, and then emerged from our bathroom wearing it, with my previous diaper (a Rearz Active Air) in my hand, heading for my diaper pail. I guess my wife noticed that I'd exchanged the white Active Air for a printed diaper, and, my having the dead soldier in my hand was further confirmation that I'd obviously changed. So, uncharacteristically, she asked me what was going on with my diaper. 

"Hey, what's up with your diaper?"

I paused in my tracks. What did she mean? She'd seen me in Skooldoodles already, so I didn't think she was talking about the print, but, I didn't know what else she might be getting at. She usually pays no attention to my baby pants. 

"Uhhh... what do you mean?"

"Did you rip one of the tapes off of it?"

Ah, yes, so she'd noted the repair. "No, it just came out of the package that way. It happens sometimes, I guess. I'll make it work."

"You just bought those, didn't you?"

"Yes, more or less."

"Well then you should check the rest of them, and if there's a defect, you should ask for them to be replaced."

She had a point, I guess, but I didn't relish the thought of donning the mantle of an aggrieved consumer, in a conversation with a customer service agent, involving defects in my giant printed baby diapers. The whole point of a touchless online transaction for attaining such things is the perception, if not the reality, of anonymity. 

So, rather than saying "Sure, good idea", I said "I'd rather not get into that. I've already used a couple and they were fine. I'm sure this is an anomaly." 

Background: my wife is like a white hot torch when it comes to cutting through administrative resistance to her wishes. It has on occasion saved us quite a bit of money and/or inconvenience. On other occasions, suppliers have decided they'd rather sever the relationship than deal with her again. Her talent cuts both ways, and I have minimal influence over it. 

"Well, let's check the rest of them, and if they're defective, I'm going to get them to send us replacements."

Her use of the word "us" was interesting to me. This had become an "us" problem. Were we now both customers of the diaper company in her mind, perhaps the same way that both the dog, and us, were customers, when it came to his dog food? He needed to like it enough to be willing to wolf it down, and we needed it not to cause fecal urgency or nausea in him. Would a failure in my diaper potentially become her problem, in her mind? 

Or, is it just that I'd spent our money, hence she'd become, by extension, one of the customers involved? Regardless, I didn't want to end up listening to her ask to speak with the president of Bambino, so that she could detail how difficult it already was to live with a 200 lb toddler, let alone one in questionable diapers. I figured that it was unlikely more than one or two of the diapers had the issue - I've really only seen this once or twice before, over the course of having purchased and worn thousands of diapers from dozens of manufacturers. So I crunch-crunch-crunched downstairs (everyone else was in bed) in my self-repaired diaper, and fetched the opened 8 pack with 5 diapers left in it, from the case. I quickly flipped through them, and as far as I could tell, the rest of them had all 4 tabs. I brought the bag up with me and tossed it to my wife. 

She pulled them out and methodically examined them, which, I have to admit, caused some butterflies in my stomach. She really did not interact with any of my ABDL gear very often, and certainly not an entire bag of printed diapers. She found what I'd found - no further defects - and then she carefully repacked them. 

"Is this all of them?"

"Yes" I lied. I was not tearing into 5 more 8-packs of diapers.

"You're sure you don't want me to get them to send you a replacement for that one?"

"It's like $3 and anyway, I've fixed it. So no, but, thank you."

"Okay." And with that, she tossed the bag over onto myside of the bed, and went back to crocheting. I reclined on the bed and put a show on, the bag of diapers resting next to me. I stayed like that for as long as I could stand it (maybe a half hour or so), and then during a commercial, I picked it up and jammed it into my diaper drawer.

Being in just a diaper was fine, but being in just a diaper, sitting next to a bag of diapers, eventually became too much for me, for some reason, as much as I tried to just get over it. It reminded me of sleeping in a tent as a kid, with a bag of diapers almost serving as a pillow, because I didn't want it resting down near the zippered entrance, where it would more likely be seen by others as my brother and I came in and out. So, it sat next to my head, its declining contents mutely testifying to my delayed urological development. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

"Well, let's check the rest of them, and if they're defective, I'm going to get them to send us replacements."

Her use of the word "us" was interesting to me.

Sounds like you could be getting looked after well, if you go along with it.  I get some of this too, and I just love it when it happens.

• Like 1

It's a nice update, kind giving an indication of where these things rank I guess. Your good lady's consumer drive trumping any notion of embarrassment or dislike about the subject matter.  

I  suspect many purveyors of adult items try to get away with selling tat in the hope that people won't want to complain or ask for a refund...

• Like 1

I'm going to play the part of an unreliable narrator here. I got a fairly notable surprise this morning, when I went to the washroom. I'll add a TMI warning here.. reader discretion advised.

Background: our local NHL franchise, who has been experiencing a championship drought that goes back to the middle of the last century, has alternated between kicking ass, and having its ass handed to it, in round 1 of the playoffs against the reigning Stanley Cup champions, Tampa Bay. Last night's game was particularly riveting, because everyone was saying that whomever gets the first goal will win the game, as that is what has happened throughout the series, and indeed, in most, if not all of the playoff games so far. Our team was down two goals by the end of the first period, which was not a good sign, but then they fought their way back to a tied game, got up a goal, ended up tied again, and then got one more, and was able to hang onto it until the clock ran down. It was a very exciting game. Fear not, Tampa fans... we were up 3 games to 1 last year at this time, against an arguably inferior team (we'd beaten them soundly in the regular season), and then we managed to lose 3 games in a row. And Tampa is not an arguably inferior team. The Leafs and Tampa, as this series has demonstrated so far, are very well matched. And Tampa has recent history on its side. But I still think the Leafs will wine - fandom in Toronto is about faith, not proof. 

While watching this very entertaining hockey game at a pub with some buddies, I ate a chicken sandwich that, for some reason, disagreed with me shortly afterwards, and still somewhat does. I also drank a lot of beer. So when I got home, I brushed my teeth and fell into bed in the diaper I had on at the time, a Rearz Inspire. When I woke up this morning, that Inspire was done for - I'm not sure how much, if any, fire it took overnight, but I was using it at the bar and at 7 this morning it was close to saying uncle. No leaks, though. 

I put on a Megamax this morning when I got up, then I went down and had coffee and let the dog out. Then, the previous evening's chicken sandwich started tapping me on the shoulder from beyond the grave. It had suicide sauce on it, so, I felt it would be prudent to heed its call. I headed up to the washroom to take care of business, because I don't do that in my nappy, and particularly not when suicide sauce is in the mix. 

I unfastened one side of my diaper and dropped it, then sat down on the throne, not, at first, noticing anything amiss. But then my eye was drawn to discolouration toward the front of the diaper that was now sitting on the floor, splayed out in front of me. There was a notable yellow patch. Almost in disbelief, I reached down and palpitated the exterior in the area. There could be no doubt... there had been an incident. But I'd just put it on probably 20 - 30 minutes prior. Which is within my normal "cadence" for emissions, BUT, critically, I had no recollection of having done that. None. 

Now, I was tired, and arguably moderately under-resourced in the IQ department, as a result of recovering from the prior evening's festivities, and the fact that the coffee I had consumed had yet to do much of its magic. So, maybe, maybe, I did "allow" the emission to occur, and I just immediately erased all memory of it, like I immediately erase all memory of, say, brushing my teeth. But, the first wetting in a new diaper is always a little bit more "significant" of an occurrence than subsequent events. I usually note it at least slightly. 

Staring at that mostly-dry diaper, with a teacup-sized yellow zone up front, I became deeply disconcerted, but also moderately intrigued. Could that have happened by itself? I searched my memory, I really did. I still don't entirely believe that it just happened, by itself, with no feeling or reporting. But, it might have. That's my unreliable narrator story for you. 

• Like 1
On 5/12/2022 at 3:23 AM, Little Sherri said:

Staring at that mostly-dry diaper, with a teacup-sized yellow zone up front, I became deeply disconcerted, but also moderately intrigued. Could that have happened by itself? I searched my memory, I really did. I still don't entirely believe that it just happened, by itself, with no feeling or reporting. But, it might have. That's my unreliable narrator story for you. 

It’s a weird echo of what I’m experiencing at nights now:  wetting modest amounts in my sleep irrespective of need (they’re never damn-busting bladderfuls) and free of sensation.  Most times I only find out after waking up but sometimes the advancing wetness has woken me.

I think I’ve already reported one or two “oh, I’m peeing?” incidents during the day which is slightly different to your retrospective discovery.  I suspect however these are simply a consequence of the decision to release pee being by now a micro-decision.  It’s prone to being instantly forgotten by distraction.

• Like 1

Alas, our beloved Maple Leafs (not "leaves"...) were unable to dispatch with the Lightning in game 6, so there will be a game 7, the stress of which will undoubtedly take at least a couple of lives in Toronto, because anyone who's seen the Leafs make it past round 1 in the playoffs is old enough to have a heart condition. We love losing game 7's over here. I predict it will go to overtime tied 4-4. Toronto will have had a 4-1 lead at the end of the second period. And then... God, I hope we win it. Although my liver is rooting for Tampa. A second round of playoff hockey will necessitate more mid-week drinking than I generally engage in. 

A death in the family has necessitated unexpected travel. I will be sharing a hotel room with my brother for at least part of it... this time, I actually BOOKED myself a room, my own room, as I generally prefer it, because it makes wearing diapers so much less complicated. But then my uncle, who is from the area where we will be staying, went into the hotel personally, to do an unnecessary, but very nice thing... he opted to pay for our rooms. So, my brother and I are now sharing one, because I can't put it upon my uncle to pay for a separate room for me, just so I can lounge about in nappies, and there's no insisting I pay for it myself, he feels he has to do this for some reason. Sigh. 

I bought a couple of new shirts in preparation for the trip, and last night my wife asked me to show them to her. I was wearing a Rearz Alpaca and a t-shirt at the time. I pulled them out of a bag and showed her, but that wasn't what she wanted - she wanted me to put them on. I obliged her - it probably wasn't a bad idea anyway. I'm notorious for just buying things in my size and not trying them on. Whereas her process is to try a dozen things on, and buy none of them.

Usually, not trying things on works out, but every now and then, it doesn't. Although now that I'm in diapers, I ALWAYS try pants on. My size in a "slim fit" versus a "casual fit" can make the difference between looking like I'm wearing leggings over a pull-up, versus middle-aged frumpy. The latter is my goal. 

Shirts are less critical. Still, I obliged her. I pulled one shirt on, straightened the collar, and buttoned it up, did a turn, then switched over to the other shirt. She watched with evaluating eyes.

I said: "So, what do you think? Did I choose wisely?"

Her response: "If they made a baby edition of GQ, you look like you should be on the cover." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Little Sherri said:

Her response: "If they made a baby edition of GQ, you look like you should be on the cover."

And that made me laugh out loud :) 

• Like 1

Well, I got "lucky", sort of - my brother developed Covid symptoms on landing (he's fine), so I hastily booked myself my own room, which I have occupied all week. Thus I have been able to wear diapers and sleep with a pacifier in privacy, although disposing of diapers is posing a bit of a challenge because the garbage bags in the hotel are transparent. They are not cleaning the room on a daily basis because they are short-staffed, so they only clean rooms when you check out. I have to get my hands on a couple of opaque garbage bags so that I can export my trove of used nappies to one of the outdoor cans, rather than leaving them piled into the tiny cans in my room. 

I thought I was going to have to go through the body scanner with a Rearz Active Air on, but while I was waiting for them to dispense with the previous person who went through, a TSA person waived me through a metal detector, instead. So far I have been very lucky in having avoided being scanned, with the inevitable conversation about the bulk in my groin area, wherein I imagine I'll have to say... what? I'm wearing a diaper? A brief? Or will the just run their hands around my waistline and figure it out themselves? I've been patted down for having tissue in my pocket before, so I know that a diaper will show up on that thing. You can request a "private screening" but that sounds like it would introduce delays. Maybe I'll find out when I fly back. 

How have any of you handled getting scanned while wearing a diaper? 

On 5/19/2022 at 4:50 AM, Little Sherri said:

I’ve (mostly) dodged that bullet with a combination of timing and blind luck.  It helped a lot that when I was still in “career” mode (and travelling intensively by air), Australian domestic flights did not use body scanners but just the simple metal detectors.

I’ve done a couple of international flights in nappies.  Each time I girded my loins (no pun intended) and prepared for embarrassment.

Nearly all of the times, I got pulled out of the line and punted through the “fast lane” of the magnetic detector because I am (or was) a frequent flyer, they were busy, and they knew I wasn’t the ‘droid they were looking for.

Ironically, I did get detected in Australia on the flight OVER to the USA where I put on a pull-up as a security measure because I’d already been 24/7 for 3 months and didn’t want any “incidents” in case of protracted turbulence keeping me seated (common on trans-pacific flights).

I failed, they sent me back through again, I failed again.

I got to stand up on a small wooden block and the groping began.  The guy went straight for my groin.  His fingers brushed lightly across the edge and front of my pull-up and he immediately stopped the search and waved me on.   We made eye contact briefly at this instant.  He knew that I knew that he knew and we were both embarrassed.

Now body scanners are ubiquitous at all Australian airports and they are configured aggressively to flag absolutely anything.  I HATE them and deeply resent the invasion of personal privacy that they are.  At the same time, my capacity to operate comfortably without a nappy is at an all-time low.  It is only the end of my career that has insulated me from fall-out here.  I don’t know what I’ll do.  I don’t think I can even remain dry long enough in comfort to get from home to the airport and through security.

On 5/18/2022 at 11:50 AM, Little Sherri said:

I prefer (thick) cloth diapers....  At this point, I expect to fail the "standard" TSA screening.  What happens next depends on how TSA is operating at the time.  Anything from the standard pat down, to being asked to go to a room (rarely done).  In the mean time, they are running a chemical analysis on the bottle of talc powder that I pull from my carry on (prior to submission to the x-ray machine) so they don't have to search the rest of my carry on stuff that is getting screened. 

I’m back momentarily from my travels. My personal laptop melted down during the trip, which was very inconvenient, hence my absence from here for the last number of days. I’m reduced to using a tablet for the moment; I eyed my corporate laptop but that would be unwise. I’m friends with a guy in corporate IT and he tells me that a remarkable number of people use their work computers and phones to surf porn, despite surly knowing that Big Brother is watching. This isn’t porn but it’s not, I’d imagine, completely innocuous by corporate standards, either. I’d rather not test those waters.

I have to travel again in a few days, and I have to replace my computer, at some point. 

A couple of “brief” updates:

- I was able to once again avoid being scanned on the way home. I was in line for a scanner and once again was waived past it. To quote @oznl, I was not the ‘droid they were looking for, evidently.

- an unusual and intense thunderstorm precipitated a 12 hour power outage that, because we are on a well, meant we also had no running water. I lugged a bucket of pool water in to flush the johns, but my wife didn’t realize I’d done that, so she complained that the toilets weren’t working, and I said something like “What’s the problem?”, not realizing that she’d not been told about the bucket trick, so she said “Well I guess it’s all well and good for you, Mr. Diapers, but some of us do need to occasionally use the washroom.” Touché.

- Once the power came back on, we watched a David Letterman interview with Billie Eilish where her and her brother talked about washing their parents’ car with “diaper rags” - their old, repurposed cloth diapers. I was sitting there in a diaper and a shirt. Once again I became vaguely self-conscious.  

Another quick update. My computer is still dead and I loath typing on this device. I went to the Rearz warehouse sale, and it was an enjoyable event. I actually met a couple of people, one a guy around my age, dressed very middle-aged male weekend, as I was, and a younger guy, maybe in his late 20’s, also dressed very normally. I am pointing out our state of dress only because there were people there dressed “little”, as well as people wearing leggings or clingy dresses over bulky diapers.

Nothing offensive, though. In fact it was nice to just mingle with people, many of whom were wearing, or at least have been known to wear, baby’s underpants. I had a very normal-feeling conversation with those two guys about how various diapers stack up in terms of value and reliability, etc. we might as well have been discussing cars. The owner of the company mingled freely and was personable. The staff were all pleasant and professional. And the deals were great - I’m now up to 10 cases of diapers in my basement. Hopefully my wife doesn’t do another inventory for a while.

I got fitted for a suit this weekend, which is something I haven’t done since I embarked on this strange journey. I had to wear a diaper, first of all because I have nothing else on hand, but also because I’ll be wearing the suit over one, so I need it to work. I went cloth-backed and slim, so I don’t think the guy measuring me up noticed anything, or if he did, he was professional about it, anyway. At one point he ran his hands around my waist, which caused me to take a slight breath, but the shirt I had on hung well over the diaper and I doubt the cloth-like upper part of a slim white medical diaper would be very distinguishable, in feel, from the waist of cotton underpants, as felt through a layer of clothing. 

I had an experience last night that I hope doesn’t harken a new trend for me: I woke up with a small load in my diaper. I knew instantly what had happened - I immediately recalled a dream wherein I stirred from deep sleep, thought “Oh, I have to go #2, that’s inconvenient, I’ll have to get up.” That was followed by this thought: “You’re wearing a diaper, silly, go back to sleep.”

I can’t recall if what I’m recalling actually happened, or if it’s what I dreamt, because the whole thing had a dream feel to it, but, one way or the other, I pooped the bed, so to speak. Not a lot, but it represents a very, very uncommon occurrence for me, and one I’m not looking to repeat. I didn’t even realize it had happened until I was up and walking around for a while - the bulk of the damp stuffing did a good job of masking any I was sitting on a load. Then I went to the washroom to deliberately engage in act #2, and when I dropped my diaper, intending to put it back on afterwards, I realized that the earth in there had been slightly scorched, and I would need to schedule a shower and a diaper change earlier than I had thought. 

Too bad, to - it was a cute ABU Pampers Cruisers clone (Little Kings) that I had hoped to spending the morning in.

I think the Nappies-R-Us company had a showroom open day once in the UK. I wasn't brave enough to go, plus it was miles away.  

I've not experienced anything other than wetting in bed. I am unsure how i would react, I suppose if it were restricted to overnight I wouldn't mind so much but would always wonder if it were portent of things to come.

Prices of pc and tech kit are dropping now, hopefully a new laptop wont bash the wallet too much

On 5/30/2022 at 4:00 AM, Little Sherri said:

I had an experience last night that I hope doesn’t harken a new trend for me: I woke up with a small load in my diaper. I knew instantly what had happened - I immediately recalled a dream wherein I stirred from deep sleep, thought “Oh, I have to go #2, that’s inconvenient, I’ll have to get up.” That was followed by this thought: “You’re wearing a diaper, silly, go back to sleep.”

Mmmm....

Despite inevitable faecal incontinence being one of the several prophecies of doom pronounced upon me by self-appointed guardians of our faith, so far I haven’t seen any hard evidence.

That’s NOT to say I don’t think there is some interconnectedness and some effect.

I’ve noticed that urgency seems to have increased a little in that department and that my body, long accustomed to a “once per day upon arising” habit, is toying with a twice-per-day mode, roughly synchronised to my routine nappy changes. 

Who is to say however that this isn’t merely another indignity of advancing age.

Waking up to find myself in an unintentionally-loaded nappy does seem however to be a dramatic way to herald a trend.  For me, it would cause significant domestic issues.

The "pee dreams" (the harbinger of bedwetting) only first appeared after I became very-well accustomed to wetting in bed.  I am NOT accustomed to pooping in bed so perhaps I'm yet safe.

An isolated (and by your accounts very small) mishap I’d probably put down to a bad burrito and move on.

Something to keep an eye on though.  Do let us know if there is anything trend-like behind this.

Still haven’t set up a new laptop; doing so has roughly the psychological weight of preparing to move houses to me. It’s a Windows unit so I’ll have to reinstall everything and reestablish preferences and banish pop-ups advising how much easier life will be if I let it track everything I do so that it can provide me with curated interruptions rather than generic ones. Sigh.

I’m travelling again and once again managed to side-step the body scanner on the way here. I’ve often debated the onesie/no onesie conundrum for flying. A onesie obviously keeps everything in place and banishes diaper appearances while taking off your belt and shoes etc. BUT, if you do get asked about the bulk in your nether region, having not reach deep into your pants to unsnap a onesie while standing in a security line would not be ideal. And I’d just as soon avoid the private room option. So far, it hasn’t been an issue. I will roll the dice again shortly. 

I had a new experience with respect to my spouse; I was packing up for this trip, which included fitting a suit into my suitcase. Despite it’s name, most “suitcases” do not do well containing a suit. I’m unskilled at packing but most of the time it’s not an issue because my golf shirts and cargo shorts and jeans do not require much care, however the suit was a different story.

I asked my wife for advice as to the least worst way to fold it into the suitcase, and she immediately took full control of the proceedings, suggesting that I array everything I intended to pack onto the bed, and she would fold it into the suitcase with the suit itself.

I started putting things on the bed like t-shirts and socks and jeans and shirts, and then she said “Actually I want your diapers first - I can lay them flat on top of your suit and they’ll help keep it from getting wrinkled.” 

Then she unceremoniously reached into my diaper drawer and extracted a stack of six diapers, which included a couple of Rearz Splash’s, a couple of Active Airs, a Megamax and a Select. She spread them out on top of the folded suit, then said “Get me a couple more”, so I dutifully pulled another couple of Megamax’s and handed them to her. She arrayed them so that they acted as a padded landing zone for the rest of my belongings, on top of the suit. 

Next, she eyed my t-shirts, and said “Bring some of your one piece ones. They’ll hold everything in place better than t-shirts.” I’m going to be in the presence of a large contingent of my family while wearing the suit, so I guess she has some skin in the game in terms of whether or not my diaper is on the radar.

interestingly, she then abandoned the d-word, and asked if I had enough “undergarments”, to which I said I thought I did (short trip), and she said “Well bring a couple of extras in your computer bag in case your flight gets delayed.” 

She folded my onesies into the suitcase, along with everything else, zipped it shut, and told me to hang the suit up as soon as I arrived. And that was that. It was a bit of a surreal experience - she’d packed up diapers and diaper shirts for me like they were socks and underwear. It felt a bit like when my my mom used to pack us up for cottage trips and such. Nobody has packed a bag for me since I was a kid, and, my wife has never taken charge of choosing diapers for me before.

Evidently, she thinks a diaper is a diaper, because she asked no questions and gave no thought to printed versus white, breathable versus plastic, or slim versus bulky. Whereas I would have cogitated on it for a while, envisioning where I was going to be and what I was going to have on, and which diaper would be the best fit for each situation. I felt that it wouldn’t have been right to undo any of the work she did on my behalf, so other than adding diaper cream, I went with what she packed for me.  I think the Select will work best under the suit - it’s probably the slimmest plastic diaper she allowed me to pack. I don’t want to go breathable because a leak would be a BIG problem. 

• Like 4

I’m back. I once again side-stepped the body scanner, although this time by sheer dumb luck, I think; an unremarkable lady in her 30’s was in it and having an issue with the bulk of her sweater so they waved me through the metal detector, but not before making me stand there and watch them reposition and scan her again - fate wanted me to go into that scanner. Security was horrendously backed up, as well. At a federal level, the government has rejected dropping many of the requirements that have been dropped by most Western nations, because doing so hadn’t been their idea, it had been proposed be her majesty’s official opposition. So they’ll do it in a couple of weeks and say that they’re being much more prudent than those reckless psychopaths on the opposite benches.

Very imprudently, I misplaced the diaper I’d intended to wear under my suit, and in a small hotel room, too. I discovered later that I’d stuffed it into a pair of shorts, I think when I was unpacking and someone knocked on my door. But when I was short of time and needed it, I could not find it, so I had to either wear a quieter but bulkier diaper, the Active Air, or, go with a tried and true old friend, the Megamax, but, critically, I was not wearing a big plastic diaper when the suit got fitted.

I decided that the Active Air’s penchant for exchanging air might work to my disadvantage, were I to be in it for a long enough time, so I put on the Megamax and tried to conceal its bulk as much as possible via a fitted onesie. I *think* I got away with it, because my jacket overhung my rear for most of the day, but I was uncharacteristically aware of the bulk of my diaper. At one point, I was invited to take my jacket off, and declined, even though it was quite warm in the room.

The reason for the suit was a funeral, replete with somber and quiet moments… during which I could very clearly hear my underpants, but I’ve learned that apparently nobody else can. Maybe that crinkling is my version of phantom voices, and I need to talk to a psychiatrist. Maybe I should talk to one, anyway…

I finished the night with a few Irish whiskeys and when I got back to my room, I took the suit off and fell into bed still in my damp baby pants, but they did what Megamax’s do, and preserved the questionable integrity of that hotel bed. Next time I have a suit fitted, wear a bigger diaper, is the moral of the story. 

• Like 4

Love hearing about your travel experiences. That's something that I think a lot of abdl persons don't ever consider.

Also the interactions with your wife are so wholesome, I love it, she seems great! The domestic diaper interactions are so cute.

• Thanks 2

Fortunately myself I am a stay at home kind of person and being in England nowhere in the country is so far that requires air travel. With my current state of affairs during the day I could get away with a pull up as long as a toilet is near. I think though it would go against my mental desires and wellbeing. 

I do have a wedding to go to in a couple of months and do have to find that old suit. I am thinking now that I should do it sooner rather than later...

• Like 2

Well, not that it matters, but I definitely felt exposed this morning on my driveway. I woke up tired and had to to get into my office for a meeting, but the dog needed to be taken out first. I had a Rearz Lil’ Monster on that I’d slept in and had on for a couple of hours before bed, so it was at maybe 2/3rd’s of its nominal capacity, but most of that was concentrated at the front, which bulged a bit. I had pulled on a pair of athletic shorts over the diaper when I woke up, because I wasn’t dressing for a public appearance.

Usually when I head out onto my driveway at 7 am with the dog, it’s just me, him, and the birds. If a car does go by, my driveway is 150 feet long, so I’m well out of the picture. I could probably go out in just a diaper at that time of day. I’ve considered channeling my inner @diaperedboilerman and doing just that, although happily, I did not take that path today, because as I stood there waiting for the dog to finish his business, a car came down the driveway, and a guy got out of it to read one of the meters, either gas or electrical. The dog barked and went to give him the sniffing of his life, so I had to follow, crunch-crunch-crunch, in my bulging plastic diaper under thin, fairly snug shorts. I reflexively pulled my t-shirt down as much as I could, but it did not do a great job of becoming a dress, sadly. 

Worse, the guy wanted to talk about the dog - how old is he, what breed, oh, he’s in really good shape… I hadn’t had a coffee yet and was not in a conversational mood. This fellow was not a reader of people or moments, evidently. Then the dog took a crap right behind his car, uncharacteristically on the driveway instead of on the grass, so of course I couldn’t leave it there lest he back over it, so I waddled over (or felt like I did), and then did a turn like a helicopter surveying a landing spot, so that my back was away from him, because I knew that the top of my diaper would emerge from under the back of my shirt when I bent over. Of course, the dog’s deposit was big and amorphous, so that I was bundling it for what was, to me, a conspicuous amount of time. 

When I stood up with my prize warming my hand through the thin plastic, I felt that my shirt had ridden up and was likely perched on top of the shelf that the back of my diaper had formed above the waist of my shorts, so I kept my front to him, again, like an attack helicopter, even walking backwards up my driveway slowly, while knotting off the bag of poop, and watching him get back into his car. I must have looked like a madman. When he finally turned around and drove out, I walked into the house and surveyed myself in the full-length mirror by my side door…  diaper sticking up out of my shorts, check. Diaper bulge front and back, check and check.

I have no idea what he saw or didn’t see, and I guess it doesn’t matter, in the final analysis, but those shorts are getting relegated to indoor use only, and only after hours. Had that been one of my neighbours, it would have been a most anxiety-provoking experience. 

• Thanks 1

I woke up this morning to find the house emptying completely, which is a rare occasion. Both kids in school, spouse out of the house for the day, it was just me and the dog. I pulled some cargo shorts on to take him for his morning constitutional, but since then, it’s been a diaper day. I’m in my office right now in a Rearz Select, which is not that uncommon (my office is separate from the house), but I also ate breakfast and read the paper in just a diaper, something I don’t often do because one of the kids is almost always home.

Pre-pandemic, they’d both go to overnight camps in the summer sometimes, but that was largely in the “before-times”, when I either wasn’t 24/7, or, when I was just testing the waters of wearing diapers in front of my wife, so other than in bed, I tended to keep them covered. Perhaps this is what my later years will look like; with the kids both off at school, maybe a diaper and a t-shirt will become my new household ensemble. 

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again; you’d think that after 3+ years, I’d be tired of this, or that the novelty would be wearing off, but I’m still at it. I can’t imagine not wearing diapers now, not because I’d leak all over the place - I’ve still got pretty good control - but because I don’t think I could deal with it, mentally. I’ve been happier over the last few years than ever before. 

Definitely, parting ways with all other forms of underwear was the signature gesture on this journey. While I feel right now like I could wear a diaper anywhere, there have been moments of doubt, situations where it would just have been easier to press pause on my strange project, and, say, go to the medical appointment or go through airport security, or go to the suit fitting in big-boy underpants. But not having the option in that moment is what got me through to the next moment, when my resolve firmed up again. It’s sort of the inverse of a recovering alcoholic electing to NOT have booze in the house, because a moment of weakness is common enough, but enough moments of weakness strung together, to enable one to get in the car and go to the liquor store - that is a less likely scenario. So it is that I only have booze in the house, metaphorically speaking. I would have to drive to the store to get water in this tortured analogy. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Little Sherri said:

I woke up this morning to find the house emptying completely, which is a rare occasion. Both kids in school, spouse out of the house for the day, it was just me and the dog. I pulled some cargo shorts on to take him for his morning constitutional, but since then, it’s been a diaper day. I’m in my office right now in a Rearz Select, which is not that uncommon (my office is separate from the house), but I also ate breakfast and read the paper in just a diaper, something I don’t often do because one of the kids is almost always home.

Pre-pandemic, they’d both go to overnight camps in the summer sometimes, but that was largely in the “before-times”, when I either wasn’t 24/7, or, when I was just testing the waters of wearing diapers in front of my wife, so other than in bed, I tended to keep them covered. Perhaps this is what my later years will look like; with the kids both off at school, maybe a diaper and a t-shirt will become my new household ensemble. 

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again; you’d think that after 3+ years, I’d be tired of this, or that the novelty would be wearing off, but I’m still at it. I can’t imagine not wearing diapers now, not because I’d leak all over the place - I’ve still got pretty good control - but because I don’t think I could deal with it, mentally. I’ve been happier over the last few years than ever before. 

Definitely, parting ways with all other forms of underwear was the signature gesture on this journey. While I feel right now like I could wear a diaper anywhere, there have been moments of doubt, situations where it would just have been easier to press pause on my strange project, and, say, go to the medical appointment or go through airport security, or go to the suit fitting in big-boy underpants. But not having the option in that moment is what got me through to the next moment, when my resolve firmed up again. It’s sort of the inverse of a recovering alcoholic electing to NOT have booze in the house, because a moment of weakness is common enough, but enough moments of weakness strung together, to enable one to get in the car and go to the liquor store - that is a less likely scenario. So it is that I only have booze in the house, metaphorically speaking. I would have to drive to the store to get water in this tortured analogy. 

Keep it up! You got to go to the tailor to get those pants adjusted. I had like 20 pairs of pants adjusted, many were part of a suit. I just told the tailor (who spoke broken English) about my condition. That way, I could say, "do you see any bulge" "Can you notice it is thick" etc as you turn around after the tailoring was complete. I only had to give away a few pair that were too tight.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is another house-to-myself day so far. I’m in a Bambino Skooldoodle that I put on last night before bed. This is the second of these big Bambino diapers that I’ve had to conduct a repair on because there was a tab malfunction of some of some sort. The first one was missing a lower tab on one side; on this one, the tab was glued to the wing in such a manner that it adhered to the middle of the diaper where it landed when folded for packaging, causing a small tear in the centre when I unfolded it, which I repaired with tape.

I’m glad that I went with a relatively big product, however, because I’ve caught a cold from my daughter (not Covid, we tested…), so I took cold medication before going to bed last night. I woke up this morning in a diaper that was very wet, but only up front, meaning I did most of the damage while lying on my stomach. The sheets remained dry, and I’m still in that diaper (and in just a diaper) currently, because now I’m sitting and it’s the middle and back of the diaper that are being employed. 

So, if you want to experience bed-wetting, maybe try taking an overnight cold remedy. It certainly worked for me - I have zero recollection of agreeing to any nocturnal emissions. 

I tried out a new diaper yesterday, a sample of Northshore’s AirSupreme in size large. I had it on from about 4 PM until maybe 11:00. It did what all Northshore products seem to do - it performed as advertised. 

First of all, this is a big diaper - in their Megamax’s, I can fit into a medium, which is pretty much the only model where that is the case, these days. But the sample I got was a large, and true to form, it is cut generously. I felt like I was a kid who had been put into his older sibling’s diaper. The front came up well past my bellybutton, and the back was a third of the way up between my waist and my shoulders. However it was comfortable and quiet, and not excessively bulky - I wore it under jeans running errands with nary a thought. 

Later in the evening when I undressed to just my diaper below the waist, and watched TV with my wife, the core of it had become pretty swollen, and it kind of moulded itself to the space between my legs, in a pronounced V. However it just held and held, and the tabs never gave up.

The tabs themselves tend to tear a bit of the flocking from the diaper when they’re removed, so I’d put them in second place next to the tabs on Rearz Active Air, a similar product in terms of price and performance. The AirSupreme held more, however, and, critically for a breathable diaper, it never got bad breath. I was sitting in bed in a notably soaked diaper that I’d been in since the afternoon, and all I could smell was the baby powder I’d put in it hours earlier. 

I’ll still always prefer a decent plastic diaper to cloth-backed disposables, but, they have their place in the world, and the AirSupreme seems, on first blush, to be one of the better ones.