LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

24/7 startups, and unexpected pitfalls?

15 hours ago, BabyJilly_S said:

I await the outcome of this situation with much interest, with tales of the weekend and diaper obfuscation techniques. That or I'll assume you are now living in your office and didn't make it back inside

Ideally, I WOULD live in my office for the weekend. When either or both of my in-laws stay at our house, within 24 hours or so, my wife and they revert to the roles they played when my wife was around 15, with much bickering and passive-aggressive campaigning to assert control. It all rolls off of me like water off of a duck's back, thanks to the training I received under the radioactive gaze of my step-father. This is amateur stuff, and anyway, I own this house, so piss off if you're in a mood to air grievances about how things are run. My wife is incapable of my level of forensic detachment, when it comes to her parents, however. 

I had to slink back into the house after the episode described earlier, my big pink diaper suitably cloaked, and I managed to evade my mother-in-law, but, once I made it into the sanctuary of our bedroom and took my coat off, put down the blue plastic box I was carrying as a visual distraction, and dropped my pajama pants, my wife emerged from our bathroom, and immediately exclaimed "You're putting ANOTHER of THOSE on?!?", which left me unsure of what to say next... "No, this is the same diaper I've been in since yesterday" isn't exactly a ringing retort. But that was what I was left with, so I said that I'd been trapped in a meeting and only just had a chance to come in for a change, and then I said "Do you have any preferences...", which of course opened myself up to basically any response, including "Grow up and put on some underwear", I suppose, but she just rolled her eyes and said "Yeah, white, and not enormous, please." Which I guess was fair comment - a Princess Pink is an absurdly-decorated diaper, really, and, once you've been in one for several hours, "enormous" is not an exaggeration. I had a navy blue Megamax in my diaper drawer, which I thought might be the antidote to her unspoken hue-related complaints, but, it's a size large, and becomes truly gargantuan with use. I backed down. I went with a white Megamax under some jeans. 

In other news, field testing of my Prevail PerFit 360 gym diapers continues, and I am happy to report that apparently, I can teach not one, but two, adult martial arts classes, in a diaper; I had been asked to fill in for someone who was away. I wore a black "diaper shirt" onesie as protection from any wardrobe malfunction reveals, although I was disappointed that my generally loose-fitting gi's have tightened up quite a bit. I really need to start hitting the gym again. I was mildly concerned about the vaguest of diaper bulges at the back, but the heavy material bunches and bulges in all sorts of ways, depending on how you're moving, so I concluded that nobody would be paying attention or would likely notice anything. I was able to forget my diaper and just teach the classes, and when I got home, I didn't immediately ditch the thing, which is a testament to its construction - I did two fairly strenuous warmup workouts, one for each class, involving sprinting and burpies (hate those things) and sit-ups and pushups, plus the class itself is a workout, with sparring and then drills on techniques.

The Prevail, which comes in at $0.77 per diaper CAD, managed to irritate me not one bit throughout the high-energy episode, whereas a Tena from the drug store that costs $1.00 manages to have me wishing I'd applied extra diaper cream to the elastic zones within a couple of hours of sitting in my office, doing nothing. Reach out to me, Prevail people, and I will happily do a commercial. "4 out of 5 diapered martial artists agree..." 

A favourable outcome from the office to home. A handy stash of items to be able to carry to and fro sounds like a plan. 

Good work on the martial arts, that sounds like a strenuous workout for a diaper. I feel those lockdown pounds around my middle, problem is food is just so damn tasty and my get up and go, got up and went.

Well, an excess of beer caused me to overwhelm a Rearz Active Air; it's not the diaper's fault - it was operator error for sure. That said, I at least partially suspect that I had an actual "accident" at some point, IE a conscious or semi-conscious wetting that I did not initiate. Some buddies had come over for beers and we had watched a couple of hockey games (Canada, eh?), and then all but one of them filtered out, and he and I shot the breeze and finished another couple of high-octane IPA's, and then he fell asleep in his chair, and I contemplated doing the same thing, and may even have done so, although I don't recall it. I noted to myself at a point maybe 45 minutes earlier, that I was NOT wearing a Megamax or something equivalent, and that I had passed through a good quantity of fluid, so it might be time to go swap my diaper, but then the conversation got interesting, and I put it out of my mind. Then the conversation dropped off, and then I got up to clear some glasses etc, and when I came back, my buddy was dozing, so I sat down on my chair and contemplated my half-glass of East Coast IPA, while watching a CNN presentation on "the shows that made us". At one point, I decided to see if the dog needed to go out, lest I forget, and be woken up at 5 AM for my dereliction of duty. When I stood, I felt some immediate cooling at the back of my thighs, so I had a look in the mirror in our hall, and sure enough, I had soaked through my jeans in two rings at the upper back of each thigh... but, when had that happened? This was more than just a squeeze-out leak. I remembered thinking that I had to go swap my diaper before I really needed to go again... and then, there I was, something like three quarters of an hour later, now with wet jeans on. Had I authorized a transfer? I really couldn't recall having done so, but that doesn't mean I didn't. There had been a fair bit of beer by that point. There is no way to be certain, but it was slightly disconcerting at the time - or, had I misjudged how wet I was by a factor of maybe 30% or 50%? But I doubted that. I had been up and down earlier, getting beers and snacks. I would have known if the back of my thighs were sopping wet. 

Luckily, my buddy was in dreamland, so I was able to go rinse off, change my diaper, and put on new jeans, without him being any the wiser. The incident had me wondering if I should be conducting more tactile diaper checks; I'm so used to being in one that contains some level of dampness by now, that the feeing is largely invisible to me. It's like being unaware of my socks. 

On that topic, I thought I would circle to a question posted on another thread that I intended to import here at some point, with respect to how often people have, or used to have, their diapers checked, IE, by other people. For me, it's a pretty easy question to answer; currently, nobody checks my diaper except me, and I don't foresee that changing anytime soon, unless I have a stroke or something. As a kid, I would have to break out the period when I was chronologically expected to be in diapers, from the period I was not.

As a baby and a toddler, I'm sure there were diaper checks, although I have no recollection of them. As an older kid, my parents had me on more of a punch-clock system than one requiring inquires or inspection of the condition of my disposable underwear. My diaper went on sometime after dinner, and it came off at some point in the morning, and in between, its condition went unmonitored, and whatever happened, happened while I was in dreamland, generally. On the far less common occasions where I wore diapers during the day, such as on long car trips or flights, things went basically the same way - it seems to me that everyone pretty much forgot I was running around Disneyland, or an airport, with a diaper on under my shorts, because the expectation was that it wouldn't see any fire, unless I fell asleep, and even then, I was capable of expressing that I needed it swapped, so why would anyone check it? 

I was the only one who couldn't, for the most part, forget what I had on - I remember being intensely aware of my diapered status whenever we were in public, although the reality is that nobody around me likely knew or cared if my underwear came in boxes from the supermarket. My parents and my siblings just went about their business, and I followed along, occasionally running a hand across my lower back area, to make sure no telltale white plastic had found its way to the daylight between the bottom of my shirt and my pants. Oh, to have had diaper shirts back then! They would have helped a lot with my confidence - these days, I never do anything outside of the house that might involve any bending or stooping, without a diaper shirt on. Even if I don't snap it shut, the extra several inches of material at the back mean that I don't have to give waistline wardrobe malfunctions any thought. 

What about you folks? Is anyone conducting diaper checks, or are you left to your own recognizance in that regard?  

14 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

What about you folks? Is anyone conducting diaper checks, or are you left to your own recognizance in that regard?  

I have to look after myself.  I drop hints from time to time that perhaps I need a bit of looking after in that area, but no progress so far.  Quite probably there never will be, but I live in hope.

I had a rare, "absolutely confirmed" bedwetting last night; I went to bed in a new, dry Megamax after taking a shower - I had been at a pub with some buddies for a more-common-lately weeknight couple of pints, dressed in a Lil' Monster that did a great job but was nearly out of runway. As is usual after an evening on the lash, I immediately fell into a deep sleep. I woke up in the wee hours (pun there), rolled over, and detected an increase in the bulk surrounding my nether regions, which I actually confirmed by giving the area a squeeze, because there wasn't any detectable dampness, the Megamax being a high-quality product. 

Generally, I've had more "success" with wetting an already-wet diaper, for whatever reason; there seems to be some reduced subconscious inhibition to doing again what has already been done. But when that happens, I'm always second-guessing myself, because of course, the diaper was wet, and now, I think it's "wetter", but, that can be hard to confirm without breaking out a scale. So this wetting of a stone-dry garment provided incontrovertible evidence that "something" happened. 

Conclusion? All I need to do if I want to be a reliable bed-wetter, is to drink every night. Seems worth the trade-offs...

While I was enjoying pints last night with my compatriots, a thought crossed my mind... what would it be like to NOT be wearing a diaper? I had to really think about it. I've been saying that it's been 2.5 years for a while now, but really, we're at about 2.66 years, with the 3 year mark coming up in March, and in that time, I have not been out for drinks (or out for anything) and not been comfortably ensconced in a diaper. Sitting on that stool, in that Lil' Monster I had on, I tried to imagine what it would feel like if I wasn't in a diaper, and my conclusion was that it would likely be... uncomfortable. There is a certain security in wearing disposable underpants. It almost doesn't matter what could happen in there, you're covered. Even if that is a self-fulfilling prophecy, because, if you hadn't been wearing diapers for the last couple of years, you wouldn't have to think about what might be going on in there. 

But, psychological and wardrobe security concerns aside, the other thing that occurred to me is this: good quality diapers are very comfortable clothing, full stop. Back when I used to play around with wearing XL Goodnites and lousy medical diapers bought from stores, I used to long for longer stretches in the saddle, but the idea of wearing diapers all the time seemed impractical, because as much as I enjoyed how my heart felt while I was in them, my undercarriage was another matter - the elastics would abrade my skin and the dampness would go from novel and nostalgic, to irritating, over the course of a few hours. Discovering higher-end products from Rearz, Northshore and Bambino, for example, changed everything for me, because I realized that I could spend 8 or 12 hours at a time in a diaper, and feel a vague regret when it was time to take it off, rather than relief. I think I would have been LESS comfortable, just physically speaking, had I been wearing the boxer shorts of old. 

Any of you out there reading this who think that it would be uncomfortable to wear diapers all the time, I urge you to get your hands on a good-quality, ABDL-certified diaper. You may well change your mind. 

13 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

Generally, I've had more "success" with wetting an already-wet diaper, for whatever reason; there seems to be some reduced subconscious inhibition to doing again what has already been done. But when that happens, I'm always second-guessing myself, because of course, the diaper was wet, and now, I think it's "wetter", but, that can be hard to confirm without breaking out a scale. So this wetting of a stone-dry garment provided incontrovertible evidence that "something" happened.

Yep, the "being wet already before sleep" thing is kind of like training wheels on a bike.  At some point you don't need that anymore.  Because of my nappy-cadence, I'm almost invariably a bit wet before bed anyway so I won't change the practice but I know from experimentation that I no longer even need a nappy at all for bedwetting.   That was the "acid" test for me but you'll need a bed to yourself and a protected mattress to run THAT test.

If you're hell bent on returning to bedwetting, I'd maintain the wet-before-bed habit for at least a few months.  This continence caper fluctuates quite a bit before new practices become firmly established.  If you dump the training wheels too early, you may find yourself drier than you want.

13 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

While I was enjoying pints last night with my compatriots, a thought crossed my mind... what would it be like to NOT be wearing a diaper?

I've been wondering that myself: usually when I'm wetting myself and I think "Would that still have happened if I was NOT diapered?". 

I started wearing diapers 24/7/365 over 35 years ago.

Back in the day when adult diapers where all about useless.

Back than I would wear 2 diapers at one time just not to leak after emptying my bladder.

At that time it was my intention to rediaper train myself as I wanted the need to wear diapers. 

As the years went on adult diapers got better and my diaper training progressed to uncontrollably wettings so I now needed to wear diapers. 

I have since retrained myself to only wet when wearing diapers,  this took longer than I thought it should have, but I can now go without a diaper and not wet or mess my pants, yet when I put on a fresh diaper I'm back to wetting and messing my diaper uncontrollably. 

This took years to achieve but I am satisfied with the results. 

Now there is a drawback,  when not wearing diapers and I get the feeling of needing to go I must find a restroom asap or I will end up wet or messy or both.

So I stay in diapers as much as possible to maintain this need.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, iluvmydiapers said:

I started wearing diapers 24/7/365 over 35 years ago.

Back in the day when adult diapers where all about useless.

Back than I would wear 2 diapers at one time just not to leak after emptying my bladder.

At that time it was my intention to rediaper train myself as I wanted the need to wear diapers. 

As the years went on adult diapers got better and my diaper training progressed to uncontrollably wettings so I now needed to wear diapers. 

I have since retrained myself to only wet when wearing diapers,  this took longer than I thought it should have, but I can now go without a diaper and not wet or mess my pants, yet when I put on a fresh diaper I'm back to wetting and messing my diaper uncontrollably. 

This took years to achieve but I am satisfied with the results. 

Now there is a drawback,  when not wearing diapers and I get the feeling of needing to go I must find a restroom asap or I will end up wet or messy or both.

So I stay in diapers as much as possible to maintain this need.

Good work Buddy!???❤️☺️

5 minutes ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

Good work Buddy!???❤️☺️

Had a really fun diaper change this morning. 

Was getting ready to go to family Thanksgiving event.

Went to remove my wet messy diaper and just as I get to the bathroom I shit my diaper once again, no biggie afterall I'm here to change and clean up. 

So after the task of cleaning up I put on fresh diaper and toss on my clothes and head out, my mom's house is only a block away to I walk, half way there I felt a rumble and next thing I know I'm shitting myself.

Turn around go back home, change once again and head out.

When wearing diapers I never know where or when it's going to happen,  which is why I love wearing diapers. 

3 minutes ago, iluvmydiapers said:

Had a really fun diaper change this morning. 

Was getting ready to go to family Thanksgiving event.

Went to remove my wet messy diaper and just as I get to the bathroom I shit my diaper once again, no biggie afterall I'm here to change and clean up. 

So after the task of cleaning up I put on fresh diaper and toss on my clothes and head out, my mom's house is only a block away to I walk, half way there I felt a rumble and next thing I know I'm shitting myself.

Turn around go back home, change once again and head out.

When wearing diapers I never know where or when it's going to happen,  which is why I love wearing diapers. 

Really?!?? If anything I thought you'd be annoyed by it. Always never knowing when you're gonna make poopies.???????☹️❤️?❤️?❤️?❤️?❤️☺️❤️?

54 minutes ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

Really?!?? If anything I thought you'd be annoyed by it. Always never knowing when you're gonna make poopies.???????☹️❤️?❤️?❤️?❤️?❤️☺️❤️?

That's the best thing about my diaper training,  I got just what I wanted. 

I wanted to need to wear diapers due to lack of bladder and bowel control and now I get to wear diapers openly, no more fear of being found out and I wet and mess my diaper when ever, wherever, day or night.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, iluvmydiapers said:

That's the best thing about my diaper training,  I got just what I wanted. 

I wanted to need to wear diapers due to lack of bladder and bowel control and now I get to wear diapers openly, no more fear of being found out and I wet and mess my diaper when ever, wherever, day or night.

But then why did you leave your mommy's house the very second you were done making an poo-poo in your diaper???

1 minute ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

But then why did you leave your mommy's house the very second you were done making an poo-poo in your diaper???

Because most of my entire family was there and I saw no reason for them to smell what I had just did in my diaper. 

Now when I'm at home and someone stops by I may already be in a messy diaper and I don't care if they are offended when in my house.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, iluvmydiapers said:

Because most of my entire family was there and I saw no reason for them to smell what I had just did in my diaper. 

Now when I'm at home and someone stops by I may already be in a messy diaper and I don't care if they are offended when in my house.

Oh okay, that makes sense!?? Do you ever buy the scented diapers? I love those!?????❤️ Do you have a diaper pail????

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

Oh okay, that makes sense!?? Do you ever buy the scented diapers? I love those!?????❤️ Do you have a diaper pail????

I have purchased sented diapers in the past.

Normally just use baby powder.

No diaper pail, just a garbage can with a lid.

• Like 1

As I mentioned before, my mother-in-law has been staying with us for about the past week, which has made walking about in some of my larger nappies dicey, so I am tending to stick to the medium-weight products that conceal well under jeans and such. Walking around in an Alpaca covered by snug pajama pants would raise eyebrows, and also possibly my wife's blood pressure. Never the less, as discrete as I am trying to be in my baby pants, there was one layer of security that I overlooked... the laundry. My mother-in-law loves to fold laundry; earlier this week, she even folded my eldest's dirty laundry. Yup. All nice and organized so that it can get flung about at 20 G's for 60 minutes. This is what passes as fun for her. I asked her when she was in our room organizing socks, if she wanted the TV turned on, and she said no. She was sufficiently entertained, apparently. The last time she was here, I discovered that every TV in the house, when you turned it on, was on The Weather Channel. 

So, my mother didn't raise a fool, and I have not run any cloth diapers or plastic pants through the wash in quite a while. However, I wear "diaper shirt" snap-T onesies almost every day, and more so when we have guests in the house, and I had been tossing those into the laundry in our closet, but in a back bag that looked empty at a casual glance, reasoning that there was no way she'd dig that far in. Well, I was wrong about that - I went to deposit another snap-T, and realized that the bag was empty. So, where had the contents gone? There were probably four of them in there. I conducted a covert search operation, and found that they had been intermingled with some other dark clothing (they're black), washed, and then... folded on my mother-in-law's bed, presumably by, of course, my mother-in-law. The only saving grace was that they were sitting next to some of my wife's clothes... did she think they were hers? Did she know what they were? Did she think anything at all about them? I have no idea, and I can't ask. If she was the one who put them in the laundry in the first place, then she might also have noted that they smell vaguely of baby powder. Again, if she noticed. 

It's hard to know what she pays attention to and what she doesn't. She could tell you exactly how many centimeters of snow have fallen, were it snowing, but she's been known to put sour milk into her coffee and not complain about it, until my wife or one of the kids says "Hey, this milk is off...."

I also "met" a new diaper this week; my younger daughter had a friend stay over who had just returned from the UK, and she had size 6 Huggies "Nappy Pants" with her. In the UK, apparently size 6 goes a bit higher than they do here, because they were rated to 25 KG/55 Lbs, although I think her friend weighs at least 25 lbs more than that. I thought that the name was hilarious - "Nappy Pants"... don't feel badly, these are "Pants" (British for "underwear" if I'm not mistaken)... but, lest you forget your station, they are "Nappy Pants". It would be the equivalent of Goodnites calling themselves "underwear diapers", which I guess would be an accurate description, but over here, a higher value is placed on euphemistic product descriptors, apparently. Hence, we have "tabbed briefs" rather than "diapers", in the adult section, and "bedtime underwear" in the section for kids. 

On 11/25/2021 at 5:47 PM, iluvmydiapers said:

I have purchased sented diapers in the past.

Normally just use baby powder.

No diaper pail, just a garbage can with a lid.

They should make adult sized diapie pails for us babies!?????❤️☺️??❤️?

• Like 1

I took a trip back in time yesterday, back to when I used to make my own diapers and plastic pants, in the era just after I outgrew needing to wear diapers, but still wanted to. The last of the Pampers in the house were gone, and the plastic pants I inherited from my sister would have split if I had pulled them on again (believe me, I tried). I was crafting diapers out of towels and pillow cases, and hoarding plain white shopping bags, because the ones with store logos on them felt the same, but didn't look the same. The procedure had been to pin myself into a homemade cloth diaper, and then take scissors and trim the handles off of a large white plastic shopping bag, and then cut leg holes into the bottom corners of it, on about a 45-degree angle, large enough that the bag wouldn't split when I pulled it on, but small enough that the openings were stretched a bit, and remained snug. This, first of all, felt authentic, but, secondly, it did a decent job of controlling leaks. The overall appearance was of a person wearing tight white plastic pants over a diaper, if you didn't look to closely. There was even a bit of a crinkle. 

On a side note, experience had taught me that ink from the logos on some of the bags of that era could rub off onto my sheets if I spent the night in one, and that turning the bag inside out was worse, because in the damp confines of the interior, some "Dominion Red" was guaranteed to end up smeared on top of the white toweling I had pinned on, and it was resistant to detergent. 

What took me back in time was finding myself in sudden, desperate need of plastic pants, with no options readily at hand. I spent yesterday from early in the morning until the dinner hour, on site at a chemical refinery, for the first time in more than 18 months, something that used to occur at least a couple of times a month, and sometimes a couple of times a week. My Covid waistline growth has rendered my work clothes a bit snug, which wasn't ideal for wearing over the long-range diaper that the day's plans prescribed. The area inside the plant where I would be, in order to troubleshoot a system and supervising some work, is highly secured - no laptops, no phones, just a pen and a notebook permitted. So, no computer bag, no diaper bag, no option for changing, and no definitive timeline. Thus, I decided to wear a Megamax, but, a Megamax might not conceal under my work pants as well as I would have preferred. The solution? My Nomex monkey suit. Many chemical plants and refineries require heavy cotton coveralls, or fire resistant materials, in case of vapor flashing or fires, and such coveralls were ideal camouflage for a big plastic diaper. 

I was able to arrive at, and enter the plant, wearing a long winter jacket that draped down past my waist, and, I felt, adequately concealed my juvenile underwear. Once I had signed in, I was directed to a changing area, and there, I went to pull on the Nomex onesie, however, I have grown in the preceding 18 months, and it has not, so, it was uncomfortably tight over the pants I had on. Crucially, the change room, unlike many, had individual stalls one could enter, so, I went into one, and stripped the pants off. The heavy onesie fit better over just the diaper, and I realized that I'd also probably be more comfortable within the warm environs of the plant, not having two layers on. Victory was mine, I thought, until I went to zip up the front of the suit, and it got caught on, and tore open, the front of my diaper.

NO NO NO NO. Damnit. I probed the rift with a finger - it was about the size of a silver dollar. I'd have to go back to the car to fetch another diaper, and that meant running the gauntlet of security and reception and Covid screening again. Plus, it would make me late for the orientation session that I was partly responsible for, for the $40-an-hour licensed contractors who were waiting to perform welds on piping, and electrical work on controls, all within a potentially hazardous environment. 

But could I hold it for 8 hours? No way. Or resort to running back and forth to the washroom? Suboptimal for sure. I'd argue that anyone who has to spend the day in a fireproof jumpsuit should be allowed, and indeed, encouraged to wear a diaper. Taking one on and off harkens back to trying to get your snowsuit off as a preschooler. I looked around me... what could I use? Tape? Nothing in the stall, but there was a sink, first aid cabinet and other supplies out in the main area. I zipped back up and made my way out. A lone employee sat on a bench, looking at his phone. I strode purposefully over to the sink area, to take in the options. No big rolls of duct tape were evident... the first aid cabinet contained bandages that would have done a terrible job, stretched over damp diaper stuffing. However, next to the sink on the floor was a mesh trash receptacle, with a bag of coffee cups and tissues and such in it... and visible under the current bag was a squashed-down supply of replacement bags. The sizing looked like it could maybe work. The bags were clear and the plastic looked to be of a medium weight. 

I looked over my shoulder at the guy on the bench. He was engrossed in something on his phone. I lifted out the 1/3 full trash bag, extracted a bag from below it, put the trash back, and made my way back to my stall. Once inside, I unfolded and considered my prize. What I had in my hand was a clear plastic trash bag for a medium-sized basket, in a medium-weight plastic. It was probably clear so that the janitorial staff could identify the contents without reaching into it, lest any one dispose of anything hazardous in the basket in the changeroom. The plastic had a bit of stretch to it. 

I had two choices... make DIY plastic pants, or, just fold the thing up under myself and hope for the best. I didn't like the odds that it would stay where I needed it to, all day, just under pressure from the jumpsuit, and, my fervent wishes. Plastic pants it would be. I pushed my finger through the plastic on either side of the bottom of the bag, and carefully widened the holes I had made. The welded seam at the bottom of the bag seemed much more robust than the ones found in shopping bags, which, after tearing, are prone to splitting under tension. I worked the plastic like a craftsman, careful not to overstretch it in any one spot, widening the let holes until they looked like the might work. I still had a functional diaper on, other than the tear at the front, so I didn't need the bag to seal against my legs. Or, I hoped I didn't. 

I stepped out of my jump suit, wondering what it sounded like I was doing, to someone sitting outside the stall. Wrapping Christmas gifts? Opening potato chips? I stepped into the bag, steering ankle 1, and then ankle 2, through the rifts I had created. I slowly tugged it up. It got a bit snug as the top reached my rear, but the plastic of the bag slid smoothly over the plastic of my diaper, and in but a moment, I was once again wearing plastic bag plastic pants, for the first time in maybe 30 years. I folded the top in around the waist of my Megamax. The result was fairly convincing... transparent plastic pants. I had only minutes to make it to the meeting room... I pulled on my jumpsuit and CAREFULLY zipped it closed. 

The mission was a success in every respect. I spent the day working, and basically forgot I was wearing a diaper, until it was time to leave, whereupon I just retrieved my folded clothes from the changeroom, and pulled my jacket on over the jumpsuit - many of the plant employees were making their way out at the same time I was, I didn't want to queue up for a stall, and getting changed in the center of the room, where most people were disrobing, was obviously off the table. I hopped into my car and drove home, by which point my diaper was seriously in need of a change, but, the plastic cover I had fashioned prevented any wicking, and it didn't seem like any free liquid had made its way out, either. The interior of the bag was humid, but far from wet. The interior of the diaper, however, was like a peat bog -  saturated. The front of my suit would in all likelihood have been stamped with a coaster-sized damp spot of shame, had I not channeled my 13-year-old self, back in that changeroom. 

Well, it's just another day I'm spending wearing a diaper. Maybe it's the fact that I'm slightly high on muscle relaxants right now, courtesy of a seized up back, which I think was the result of the day I spent climbing all over a plant, wearing the homemade plastic pants I talked about previously, but, I'm really happy to be able to spend a good number of my days in my office, wearing just a diaper and whatever shirt suits the day's calendar. It feels great.

I think I'm dribbling with greater frequency today - I wonder if that's a side-effect of the Robax I'm strung out on? It almost feels like events are taking care of themselves... almost. I wonder if anyone has ever explored the use of muscle relaxants to assist in "untraining". It's probably not a very practical approach, because taking these things constantly would tend to result in a downward productivity trend, and an uptick in car accidents. Case in point, last night on the way back from the bathroom, I tripped over the dog's bed, and basically dropped forward, flat onto the floor, between our bed and our giant wall unit, which houses a TV, and most of my wife's wardrobe, her having consigned the closet to my use. It might have something to do with the closet being the place where I keep my diaper pail, although the pail does an admirable job of keeping the demons contained, as long as I empty it fairly frequently. 

The fall occurred in the pitch black of night; I was trying to be quiet, so as not to disturb my wife's slumber. The sound of me hitting the ground, and the dog's excited yelp as I vaulted over him, put an end to that plan. She shouted "Oh my God!" and started casting about for the switch to her bedside lamp. I said "It's fine, it's fine" from the darkness, although I had no idea if it was fine or not - I couldn't see anything. I didn't think I'd landed on anything, and a quick systems check suggested that even stoned, tired and in pitch darkness, I had somehow executed a good martial arts break-fall, and managed not to smack my coconut off the wall unit or put my arm through the TV. The only thing that hurt was my forearms, where they had smacked the hardwood floor, spreading the force of the fall out to protect my wrists and elbows. Or so goes the theory. 

The lights clicked on and I felt compelled to jump up off the floor in a demonstration of my physical prowess... and because, in my mind's eye, I was envisioning what my wife's actual eye was seeing... her sad-sack husband, sprawled out on the floor in a big white diaper, looking suddenly in his mid-80's instead of his mid-40's. At least my pacifier was on my bedside table. Falling while taking muscle relaxants is apparently the way to do it, much like the drunk always seems to be the only one that walks away from the smoking car, unscathed. It may even have helped my back. 

In other news, one of my diaper suppliers sent out an email offering a discount in exchange for setting up a standing order, essentially a subscription to diapers, and I was somewhat temped to do it. I would save 5%, which isn't the world, but, hey, on a couple of cases a month, it would add up. The diaper in question is the Megamax, and I've spent the last few days in them, just because I'm trying to close out a case so that I can make room for... another case, I guess. They're a great diaper, and having them show up on autopilot wouldn't be the worst idea. What's stopping me is this, and I wonder if it's the same for you folks... even though I generally order the same ones, I still really enjoy shopping for diapers. Every 6 weeks or so, I do an inventory, put together a probable shopping list, and go to Rearz or to my Megamax supplier's webpage, clap my hands like a kid at Christmas, and see what they have. So, while setting up an automated order for diapers that could theoretically run for years would be a thrill, at the same time, those shopping days are also a thrill. 

How many of you have automated orders for diapers showing up?

One thing I was less than thrilled about, on the topic of ordering, was that I totally forgot that Rearz usually runs pretty good Black Friday sales. I had just re-upped on my Lil' Monsters and Lil' Splash daily diapers, and I also have cases of Megamax's in stock, so when I got their email about a 15% off deal for the Black Friday weekend, I palmed my face. I could have done what I did last year, and ordered four cases, but, I'm already pretty much at maximum diaper in my basement - I have the equivalent of about 8 cases, which is arguably 4 months worth of diapers. Yes, I will drink more over Christmas, but, throwing 50% more inventory on the shelves is probably a but of an overcompensation for that. And, it could provoke the ire of my beloved. 

I don't have much of interest to report since Monday's homemade plastic pants adventure, and Wednesday's high-speed meeting with the floor. A thought came to me, unbidden, last night, that it felt great to be wearing a diaper, and to be absolutely certain that another diaper awaited me. This has also been entirely a plastic diaper week, much of it spent in Megamax's, although I have a Lil' Monster on now, which is ridiculously comfortable in its slightly dampened condition. I thought about putting a cloth diaper on this morning, since everyone is away from the house today, but I might decide to run out for brewing supplies at lunch, which I can do in a Lil' Monster, but don't have the guts to attempt in a cloth diaper that increases my circumference by 25%. 

I tried yesterday to broach the topic of my concerns over how I'm going to manage a golf trip, sharing hotel rooms with three buddies, while wearing diapers, but she was entirely unsympathetic. I'm not sure if that's related to this being "the bed I made for myself", or if she's just vexed that I have a trip planned to warmer climes, and she doesn't. In any case, it may get scuttled by the onset of the Certain Death strain of Covid - I believe that's what they are calling it? 

I still haven't figured out how I'm going to bring enough diapers with me to navigate the trip, nor how I'll acquire, change and dispose of them while sharing adjoining rooms with three buddies, absent a car. Maybe I'll say, hey, instead of flying, let's rent an SUV and drive down... I'll get the vehicle. It would cost less per person than flying, although it adds about 16 hours each way for to the trip. Seems a lot of to-do in service to my infantile underwear preferences. But then again, that could be the title to my autobiography at this point: "A Lot of To-Do in Service to my Infantile Underwear: The Little Sherri Story." 

We have an SUV, but it's mid-sized, so four sets of golf clubs, plus overnight bags, and, presumably, a carton of nappies, would not all fit into it with the back seats occupied. We'd need a 4-door pickup truck or a full-sized SUV like a Tahoe or a Suburban. I wish we still owned a minivan - there is no more efficient vehicular packaging on the market, although my wife did not enjoy the "soccer mom" vibe. She'd prefer to look rugged and outdoorsy while ferrying our progeny to soccer.

6 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

don't have the guts to attempt in a cloth diaper that increases my circumference by 25%.

Where is your sense of adventure ?  Canada in December you're probably dressed like an eskimo anyway.

6 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I still haven't figured out how I'm going to bring enough diapers with me to navigate the trip, nor how I'll acquire, change and dispose of them while sharing adjoining rooms with three buddies, absent a car.

Mmm, did my share of corporate travel suitably padded.  How long is the trip/flight?  Anything up to about 5 days I've found to be pretty straightforward.  After that we need to get creative.

15 hours ago, oznl said:

Mmm, did my share of corporate travel suitably padded.  How long is the trip/flight?  Anything up to about 5 days I've found to be pretty straightforward.  After that we need to get creative.

The destination is South Carolina. It's about a 14 hour drive, plus border shenanigans. The flight would be a breeze, well, other than the aforementioned shenanigans. It's probably about 2 hours. I've done two weeks in Europe, and a week away on a business trip, wearing diapers, but in both cases, I was in the driver's seat - in Europe, I booked the hotel rooms, so we got suites or apartments, and my wife and I always had our own room, and I had the ability to walk or drive to a shopping area, and acquire more nappies as required. On the business trips, I always have my own room, and often also a car, so again, it's not very complicated. 

The issue here is that one of my buddies works for a major hotel chain, so he gets ridiculous deals on rooms, thus, he's the one pulling the strings on the arrangements. I could insist on my own space, but I'd be pushing him to use another of his cheap bookings (he gets allocated a certain number per year), and it would still mean that I'm making another of the guys pay for his own room, rather than splitting it. It's a 6 day trip, two of the days lost to travel, so really a 4 day trip. I could check a bag and bring enough diapers with me to get through it. 12 would be walking the tightrope of insanity, and 15 or 18 would be a safe number. It's the logistics I worried about, pulling the tabs open in a washroom that is right off the communal space, coming out with what looks like maybe a deceased duck, folded into a bag, then ridding myself of it without committing aggravated littering by hurtling it over a fence from the balcony or something. Plus slipping into the bathroom with a diaper folded into my shirt or whatever.

I'm probably building it into more than it will end up being. Worst case scenario, one or some of my best friends become aware that apparently I'm falling apart in the plumbing department. If I'm going to wear diapers for the next 40 years, I am probably going to have to face that sooner or later. But I was hoping for later. Much, much later. 

Had a less-frequent but still dreaded early morning "Emergency!!!" wakeup call this morning - somehow my youngest knocked the Christmas tree over less than 24 hours after we put it up. It disgorged water all over the place and had her panicked. I, of course, was sleeping in just a diaper, but thankfully had not kicked the covers off, as sometimes happens. She came running in and shook me awake, and once I had processed what was going on, I said, okay, go run downstairs with some towels and I'll be there in a second. She was waiting for me to come follow her, so I had to say again that she should go, before she finally left the room, albeit leaving the door open on the way out. I cautiously climbed out of bed in just a white Megamax, pulled on my "crash kit" loose athletic pants, and went over to close the door. The fact that she was wearing a pull-up did nothing to ease my discomfort regarding either of them ever seeing me clad thusly. Knowing is different from seeing - and some things, once seen, can never be unseen. Therapy is expensive. 

But as far as I know, they don't know anything. There has been one instance of one of them (my youngest again) finding a diaper in a bathroom dustbin, early on in my "career", and, hilariously, assuming it was my wife's. And, granted, there are about 8 giant boxes of diapers in the far corner of the farthest room in the basement, if anyone ever decided to go exploring. However, the basement is the purview of the staff - guests at this resort do not tend to go down there. But I think I have kept this off the radar for the most part, and that's what I intend to keep doing, and I know that's what my wife wants, as well - she flirted a couple of times early on with drawing attention to my puffy lower half with people around, but never around the kids. Much like with my buddies, I hope to have this conversation 20 years from now, or, even better, not at all. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

The destination is South Carolina. It's about a 14 hour drive, plus border shenanigans. The flight would be a breeze, well, other than the aforementioned shenanigans. It's probably about 2 hours. I've done two weeks in Europe, and a week away on a business trip, wearing diapers, but in both cases, I was in the driver's seat - in Europe, I booked the hotel rooms, so we got suites or apartments, and my wife and I always had our own room, and I had the ability to walk or drive to a shopping area, and acquire more nappies as required. On the business trips, I always have my own room, and often also a car, so again, it's not very complicated.

Mmm...  An SUV might make things a BIT easier, especially if you've rented it.

I've had to pull the "this was the only travel bag available" line when explaining to colleagues why I've got a near-suitcase for a 5 night business trip (it was 50% filled by nappies).

Good, black compression pants and a loose bag (we'd call them a "duffel bag") were my friends here for close-up-and-personal diaper use.  I've dealt with shared bathrooms in nappies.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, oznl said:

Good, black compression pants and a loose bag (we'd call them a "duffel bag") were my friends here for close-up-and-personal diaper use.  I've dealt with shared bathrooms in nappies.

This is reassuring. 

I have to take my hat off to the fine folks at NorthShore; I was in a Megamax last night while drinking Scotch with two buddies until the wee, wee hours - almost until the faint glow of the upcoming day would be discernable on the horizon. So, I was in excellent decision making form when I decided to remove my clothes and leave my heavy diaper undisturbed, before crawling under the covers and passing out. I don't know what state it was in when I went to bed, other than "well used", but when I woke up at 10:30 this morning, it was decadently swollen, so I suspect it may have taken some fire overnight. Regardless, it didn't leak. I left it in place while I sought out a very necessary cup of coffee, and walking about in it demonstrated the strength of the tapes, as it was so heavy that I could not bring my legs together around it, and had to take a slight cowboy stance. When I entered the washroom to swap it, I was vaguely worried that I'd find I had a bit of a chemical sunburn on the undercarriage, as sometimes happens when I wear one diaper for ~16 hours, but, to my delight, the atmosphere in there, while not exactly "fresh", did not speak to the presence of noxious chemicals, and my skin was unperturbed. They should consider using my experience in an advertisement... "Drinking single malts with the boys? Megamax has your back." 

One thing that I noted last night was that my two buddies made multiple trips either to the bathroom, or to the hedges, and I, of course, did not. Which makes me wonder if anyone else made note of that. I would say probably not, but, "probably" is not "definitely". I have on occasion when out at pubs and such, earlier in my career, faked a walk to the bathroom, just to be like everyone else, but lately I've mostly stopped doing that. Maybe I should be? Or, maybe I'm ascribing way more observational power to my intoxicated friends than they deserve in that state. But such are the things that keep diapered people awake at night.