LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

stains question

We are all familiar with the telling yellow circle stains on the bedsheets, mattresses and underwear. I expected to see the same with cloth diapers. However, sfter wearing cloth diapers I have noticed that they don't get these stains. I can understand that the circle stains on the mattresses are from residual urine that cannot be removed. However, the bedsheets and underwear are washed as quickly as the cloth diapers. Do you think its because of the type of fabric?

I’ve never seen residual urine stains after laundering the items mentioned (except for the mattress, of course).  Are you sure you’re using your washer and laundry products correctly?

Oxygen bleach is harmless. Now it is called "Oxy" or "Oxi". Before, it used to be sold in powder form called "Snowy" and recommended for diapers and baby things, and just about everything else as it is color safe Also things like Tide with Oxy have what is called "optical brightener". This used to be called "bluing" and used to be used separately, before Rinso came out. White cottons yellow with age. Blue is the "complementary color" with Yellow. When the two come together optically, it creates a bright white. For my non-LG undies I use Xtra with OxyClean my 2 year old T is as white as when I got it. My diapers are about 9 years old and are the same colors ans when they were made. The twill is snow white and the ones that were made from Gerbers are the same off-white as when first made.  I do an Xtra first wash with double rinse and dry then at the end of the month or beginning of the next, I put them in the machine for a 24-hour soak and wash/rince in Dreft

I have a DPF cloth diaper that I've had for over 25 years, and I bleach it every time I wash it.  It's fine.

Then why is it everywhere I read, it says not to use bleach?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no idea what you are reading.

A quick Google of "bleaching cloth diapers" shows numerous articles on the first page of results about using chlorine bleach on cloth diapers.  Are there people who don't use it?  Sure.  But it is certainly not a black and white issue, like most things in life.

Cotton cloth diapers are very sturdy.  It was common for mothers to actually boil cloth diapers in order to kill the bacteria causing rashes on their babies.  Adult cloth diapers are subjected to urine, feces, bacteria, semen, menstruation blood, etc.  Bleach is a product that can clean and disinfect them.

After I got out of diapers, my mother used my cloth diapers as cleaning and dust rags.  She washed them in hot water and used bleach, and they stayed useful even after I moved out as an adult.  Similarly, I have over 50 white cotton terry cloth towels that I've had for over a decade that we use for just about any cleaning occasion -- napkins for messy meals, clean up after our pets' potty training accidents & vomiting occasions, wiping spills on the floor, yada yada yada.  We wash them weekly on the sanitary cycle on my washer and use bleach.  They look and work great.

I have birdseye cotton diapers, gauze cotton diapers, twill diapers, and flannel diapers.  After I use one I put it in the washer and add bleach.   Easy peasy.  The only cloth diapers I don't bleach are the few that are not white.

Are there better ways to clean diapers?  Probably, especially if one is wearing diapers 24/7, it pays to have use methods such as Christine described.  But for me, there's no reason not to just wash my used cloth diapers in hot water with a bit of bleach added.