LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

THC for some side effects of incontinence?

Many years ago I became urinary incontinent right after a heavy lift. Many trips to the Dr & I finally gave up trying. The issue today is not the incontinence for me but the constant pumping/spasm I have that never ends in my bladder. Lots of different drugs were tried with little to no change. That is up until about 7 months ago when someone offered some THC in vape form saying that they didn't know if it would change anything but try it. Within 20 minutes the pumping feeling stopped completely and that lasted about 3 hours. I remember as a kid we were taught that pot was the gateway to harder drugs. Today I think that was garbage the government was filling us with. THC has many positive affects on the human body...

• Like 4

Its amazing what improvement its had on you and so many medical cases stating the positive effects on extremely ill patience. Politicians are very narrow minded and unwilling to change. Which is a shame, because why can't a law abiding, level minded individual do what ever they want, in there own home & not hurting anyone?!.

Pity though cos all weed seems to do for me is send me into a giggle fit for several hours and put me a pound of weight on... Is it legal where you are, do you intend to use again?

You might want to try CBD oil which has .03% THC in it.  THC is what gives you the high when smoking Cannabis.  In this case you wouldn't want that, where the oil is what you would want to try.  Keep in mind that it isn't cheap and you'll want to do some research to find the best quality CBD Oil.  And another thing don't get confused with hemp oil, this is a lower quality oil you can find in any vitamin shop or GNC.  CBD oil uses the whole plant minus the leaves.  Hemp oil is made from just the hemp seeds.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Space Pants said:

Its amazing what improvement its had on you and so many medical cases stating the positive effects on extremely ill patience. Politicians are very narrow minded and unwilling to change. Which is a shame, because why can't a law abiding, level minded individual do what ever they want, in there own home & not hurting anyone?!.

Pity though cos all weed seems to do for me is send me into a giggle fit for several hours and put me a pound of weight on... Is it legal where you are, do you intend to use again?

It's legal in Illinois with Dr's ok and it has to be recognized by the state as one of the items thc can be used for. In my case it is not recognized for incontinence

4 minutes ago, incondl said:

It's legal in Illinois with Dr's ok and it has to be recognized by the state as one of the items thc can be used for. In my case it is not recognized for incontinence

Ah thats a shame... Would you get the same benefits from CBD oil as @Crimson_Wolf suggested? Just don't do this

It has taken nearly a century to begin getting over the bias against marijuana and it's component parts, which have been known to have some medical applications for even longer than that. It becomes a "gateway drug" only for those who go onto other things, and they would have likely gone there eventually anyway. I've known plenty of folks who used harder drugs but either never smoked or didn't like marijuana. The most common and widespread drug problem we have is alcohol abuse, yet nothing is being done about that. 

I'm glad to see all medical advances and I believe that as this is more looked into, the more they will find good uses for these compounds. They do have a calmative effect on the nervous system. In looking back, I don't think my body was affected when I quit smoking weed, for certain that didn't affect my continence. But everyone is different so it would be worth trying for those so inclined. 

Bettypoh

28 minutes ago, Bettypooh said:

It has taken nearly a century to begin getting over the bias against marijuana and it's component parts, which have been known to have some medical applications for even longer than that. It becomes a "gateway drug" only for those who go onto other things, and they would have likely gone there eventually anyway. I've known plenty of folks who used harder drugs but either never smoked or didn't like marijuana. The most common and widespread drug problem we have is alcohol abuse, yet nothing is being done about that. 

I'm glad to see all medical advances and I believe that as this is more looked into, the more they will find good uses for these compounds. They do have a calmative effect on the nervous system. In looking back, I don't think my body was affected when I quit smoking weed, for certain that didn't affect my continence. But everyone is different so it would be worth trying for those so inclined. 

Bettypoh

I did get stoned but the bladder thumping stopped completely for about 3 hours which was extremely pleasant. I just wonder if constant use would make the stoned feeling less with the thumping gone. If it does I'd do it all the time hands down.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/24/2018 at 4:08 PM, Crimson_Wolf said:

You might want to try CBD oil which has .03% THC in it.  THC is what gives you the high when smoking Cannabis.  In this case you wouldn't want that, where the oil is what you would want to try.  Keep in mind that it isn't cheap and you'll want to do some research to find the best quality CBD Oil.  And another thing don't get confused with hemp oil, this is a lower quality oil you can find in any vitamin shop or GNC.  CBD oil uses the whole plant minus the leaves.  Hemp oil is made from just the hemp seeds.

Thanks for letting me know about the CBD oil. I tried it and did not get the thumping/spasm to stop. It was worth the try however

Constant use doesn't change the effects, but it does change how you perceive them and how you handle life while in that condition. Eventually your body will develop a tolerance to any drug, which can lessen the effects somewhat. This is one of the problems with addictions- the drugged life becomes normal life to the user who can no longer see what it's doing to them. Some of us are more prone to getting stoned than others, which with me didn't take a lot nor did it have a strong effect, but it did last quite awhile. Some of my friends seemed to never get stoned, only high. Many others needed more to get stoned or needed to smoke more frequently to stay high. In looking back over it all, it seems to me that us 'stoners' did suffer more loss of brain cells over time versus those who only got high. 

These things are pretty much the usual when using natural substances medically, the dosage needed for effect can vary wildly as can the side-effects. Sometimes the side-effects are such that they become the greater evil. Less often the side-effects can enhance the healing. By separating the compounds and components it becomes more likely that you can gain the beneficial parts with fewer side-effects, but again that can work differently for each individual. Though any form of smoking is bad for your lungs, you might try lowering the dosage, extending the time between doses, or going to 'blunts' with only a small amount of weed being added. Nicotine can also add to or reduce the effects, and it is a drug in it's own right that might help too. 

So experiment and see what happens. You may find a way to gain a benefit with little loss, or you may find the losses always outweigh the benefits. Only you can make that determination on a personal level. On a humorous note, one farmer I knew said he tried smoking weed once. He took two puffs before feeding his chickens, and the next thing he knew his wife came out looking for him. He had been sitting on a stump for three hours staring at the ground with no idea so much time had passed. Now THAT is being stoned!

Bettypooh

• Like 1
  • 5 years later...

The situation you're describing sounds like it could be a form of neuropathic pain or muscle spasms affecting the bladder. Cannabinoids like THC have been shown to interact with our body's endocannabinoid system, which plays a role in regulating pain and muscle contractions, among other things. For those interested in the science behind this, you might want to check out this detailed guide from Releaf UK on cannabinoids for neuropathic pain.
However, it's important to remember that while anecdotal evidence like yours is valuable, more research is still needed to fully understand the extent and mechanisms of THC's potential therapeutic effects.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mirrored said:

This is quite an old thread, wow. But I can say that my vape / thc pen helps a LOT with my OAB symptoms. It freaked me out a bit at first, but its quite nice to get a break from time to time. The downside is that I can't walk around the world high all the time, and my doctors highly advise against it, so I don't indulge too often. Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this! 

Of course your Doctors are highly against Marijuana, Because They're not making any money off it.

Doctors get bonuses for writing prescriptions for pharma medications.

Those medications have side effects, which then lead to more prescriptions to handle the side effects.

If a Doctor cures a Patient, the Doctor loses a Customer.

• Confused 2
On 10/14/2023 at 2:04 AM, CodHero24 said:

Of course your Doctors are highly against Marijuana, Because They're not making any money off it.

Doctors get bonuses for writing prescriptions for pharma medications.

Those medications have side effects, which then lead to more prescriptions to handle the side effects.

If a Doctor cures a Patient, the Doctor loses a Customer.

I'm assuming this is referring to American doctors, because I'd say in most of the developed world, 'bonuses' like these are prohibited or significantly curtailed. In Australia, pharmaceutical incentives are limited to branded items (usually pens, post-it notes) of low monetary value and catering during an educational seminar, usually limited to $10 per head. But even in America, there are so many easier ways to make money than studying medicine. I'd suggest that a doctor's hesitancy to prescribe marijuana might be better explained by the limited body of literature to support its efficacy, especially as marijuana wouldn't have been in clinical guidelines during their time in medical school or residency, as well as the legal implications in different jurisdictions, social stigma and potential impairment in work, study, using a motor vehicle etc.

So yeah, "doctor loses a customer" is an insane take.

• Like 2

It's actually similar in the Incontinence World.

Insurance companies will pay for your Diapers,

but they're not going to give you the Top Quality brands which most diaper users prefer...

Instead, they're going to give you the cheapest cloth-like stretchy crap diapers on the market.

OR

You can choose a Pharma Medication which is supposed to magically help with your incontinence symptoms.

But there's also some side effects, so add an additional pharma medication to go with it...

If I know I am going to be smoking, I usually pee ahead of time. For some reason my bladder freezes up and it takes me ages to get things going once I am stoned. I used to be friends with a guy who had to be reminded to take a leak before hand otherwise he would wet his pants. To the best of my knowledge, he is not a member of our community.

• 1 month later...
On 10/18/2023 at 1:51 PM, JDCH said:

If I know I am going to be smoking, I usually pee ahead of time. For some reason my bladder freezes up and it takes me ages to get things going once I am stoned. I used to be friends with a guy who had to be reminded to take a leak before hand otherwise he would wet his pants. To the best of my knowledge, he is not a member of our community.

I experience this as well. When I'm stoned it's sometimes very difficult to get the flow going even if I have to go really bad.