LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Breaking the Girl: A Novel

1 hour ago, bbykimmy said:

I'm glad you're enjoying it... but maybe it doesn't go pear-shaped?  Maybe it's all perfect and blissful and happy, just like real life?

ha ha riiiiight. I'm certain each and every one of us here has felt murphy's law firsthand. And with all this tension you've spun into the kailee/aubrey problem this is almost torture now to hear that 'nothing will happen'. It's just not in your writing style to leave a character conflict unresolved!

23 minutes ago, Hopsalot said:

I’m just waiting for something to go wrong, I mean with bbykimmy ‘s track record on her previous stories there’s just about always a twist! 

I think my worries are that Vanessa has some responsibility in the way Kailee is, and yeppers, I'm living the life .... KARMA's a bitch.  But maybe that isn't Kimmy's story just a reflection of my own.

@bbykimmy I want that, I would very much like for everyone to live happily ever after and for the music to swell and a bear to sleep peacefully with a full tummy BUT I'm not in the business of believing good things will come when bad things loom on the fringes.

The way you're writing this feels like a rollercoaster, right now we're on the great big incline, everything is awesome and we can see the whole world below us and feel happy and free but there's a drop coming and it has to be equal to or greater than the incline in order for the ride to be worth the wait.

I don't know what's going to happen, but I'm sure it's gonna hurt everyone involved, but maybe I'm wrong, I hope I am. :)

1 hour ago, Hopsalot said:

Yeah that’s what im thinking because kailee and Aubrey are the only two relevant characters so I’m thinking on how kailee might get in more trouble, how Vanessa might help, and most importantly who will break. I’m currently thinking Aubrey or kailee because Jess Seth nessa and Dani all have each other for emotional support

I agree that we haven't heard the last of Kailee, but Bbykimmy gave some major foreshadowing in how Dani is leaping feet-first into the lifestyle... just like Kailee and much faster than Vanessa would like. I made a prediction similar to yours a couple chapters back, but I don't know anymore... maybe the 'broken girl' could end up being Vanessa since she is self-dooming her relationships when the other person isn't precisely who she would like then to be(now I feel like I'm quoting someone myself... I think it was Wannatripbaby that suspected vanessa was destroying her own relationships.)

1 hour ago, chansu ragedashi said:

I think it was Wannatripbaby that suspected vanessa was destroying her own relationships.)

I was thinking maybe RPMolly said that, didn't look it up though.

Okay, I have found out what was causing the extra numbers. That problem should plague me no more now.

3 hours ago, bbykimmy said:

Why is it your new favorite?

I have always been a fan of when stories really get into the swing of things, generally this is 60-80% of the way through. Although I do enjoy my fair bit of setup and world building as you had in a very early chapter of "The Biggest Little Vacation". Out of all of the chapters this one most shows Dani exploring and understanding what she is getting into, as well as getting a glimpse to what the relationship between Venessa  and Dani could be in time.

5 hours ago, bbykimmy said:

Hooray for dramatic tension :D

Hopefully we'll find out soon what's going on there... it would be really cruel of the author to continue to drag it out.

To be fair you have done the dramatic tension very well here. Giving us little bits ocassionally to remind us that it is a problem, but not too much as to see a resolution to the sub-plot, well played!

I do admit that when I got the audio ping of you posting the new chapter, I did skim read the chapter to see if Kailee or Aubrey were in it :D

8 minutes ago, HyperShark said:

Okay, I have found out what was causing the extra numbers. That problem should plague me no more now.

What was causing it?    Only thing I could think is maybe you had a 1 or something in your signature.

7 hours ago, bbykimmy said:

All you need is a pacifier," I smiled, guiding her to the mirror that hung on the back of Jess' b

Yes Dani definitely needs to understand the joys of a pacifier! Not enough pacifier content in this story lol.

This is an fantastic story that is tremendously well written. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to read it.

20 minutes ago, ELLIE52 said:

What was causing it?    Only thing I could think is maybe you had a 1 or something in your signature.

It turns out it was the Grammarly plugin I had for Firefox. It has a little number on the side of the post window with the amount of errors it thinks it has detected. Hence when I press the "Submit Reply" button the forum thought the number was a piece of text and would insert the number of however many errors it detected into the quote box. It should be fine now that I have disabled it.

3 hours ago, chansu ragedashi said:

I agree that we haven't heard the last of Kailee, but Bbykimmy gave some major foreshadowing in how Dani is leaping feet-first into the lifestyle... just like Kailee and much faster than Vanessa would like. I made a prediction similar to yours a couple chapters back, but I don't know anymore... maybe the 'broken girl' could end up being Vanessa since she is self-dooming her relationships when the other person isn't precisely who she would like then to be(now I feel like I'm quoting someone myself... I think it was Wannatripbaby that suspected vanessa was destroying her own relationships.)

1 hour ago, ELLIE52 said:

I was thinking maybe RPMolly said that, didn't look it up though.

I did indeed say something to that effect early on. But it's also possible that RPMolly said something similar as well so I don't mind sharing the credit. :D

Well, I am inclined to optimism.  The moan that Dani made when Vanessa stroked her diaper in Jess's room suggests that Dani is happily discovering her own passion.  Maybe she's just playing, but I have faith in Kimmy.

While Dani's progress is incredibly rapid, I think that's because she is more self-aware than the average vanilla-discovering-her-little-side.  That's just speculation, of course, but in my experience Kimmy's writing tends much more toward Pollyanna than toward the opposite.

Sorry for not commenting for 12 hours, I got surprisingly busy today  X_X

12 hours ago, chansu ragedashi said:

ha ha riiiiight. I'm certain each and every one of us here has felt murphy's law firsthand. And with all this tension you've spun into the kailee/aubrey problem this is almost torture now to hear that 'nothing will happen'. It's just not in your writing style to leave a character conflict unresolved!

You already know how I feel about happy endings ;)

I'm a very cheerful person, but I used to be a very broody and cynical person (in the days before I could really indulge my Little side) and some of that lingers.  I don't believe storybook endings happen very often in real life, and so I'm not very inclined to do happy endings to my stories.

11 hours ago, Hopsalot said:

I’m just waiting for something to go wrong, I mean with @bbykimmy ‘s track record on her previous stories there’s just about always a twist! So naturally I’m coming up with a million different ways this could play out 

And then Aubrey was eaten by a bear.

That's a twist, right?

11 hours ago, ELLIE52 said:

I think my worries are that Vanessa has some responsibility in the way Kailee is, and yeppers, I'm living the life .... KARMA's a bitch.  But maybe that isn't Kimmy's story just a reflection of my own.

Vanessa totally has some small amount of responsibility in Kailee, but Kailee needs to have responsibility for herself, too.  Nothing warrants the way Aubrey is treating her, however.  And yes, karma can indeed be a bitch.

11 hours ago, Hopsalot said:

Yeah that’s what im thinking because kailee and Aubrey are the only two relevant characters so I’m thinking on how kailee might get in more trouble, how Vanessa might help, and most importantly who will break. I’m currently thinking Aubrey or kailee because Jess Seth nessa and Dani all have each other for emotional support

She was a girl
Soft but estranged
We were the two
Our lives rearranged

She was the girl

Left alone
Feeling the need
To make me her home

;)

9 hours ago, RambleLamb said:

@bbykimmy I want that, I would very much like for everyone to live happily ever after and for the music to swell and a bear to sleep peacefully with a full tummy BUT I'm not in the business of believing good things will come when bad things loom on the fringes.

The way you're writing this feels like a rollercoaster, right now we're on the great big incline, everything is awesome and we can see the whole world below us and feel happy and free but there's a drop coming and it has to be equal to or greater than the incline in order for the ride to be worth the wait.

I don't know what's going to happen, but I'm sure it's gonna hurt everyone involved, but maybe I'm wrong, I hope I am. :)

A rollercoaster is exactly the metaphor I always use to describe my stories.  We're definitely in a climb at the moment - the fact that we have 3 Littles to follow means the ride is bumpier than most of my stories... there are really tall highs and really deep lows sometimes in the same chapter in this one.

Hopefully no one gets emotional whiplash.

At least one person will be sad and hurting before the end of the story.

9 hours ago, chansu ragedashi said:

Vanessa is a really complicated character, I've really enjoyed writing her.

I, of course, won't say what'll happen though ;)

8 hours ago, HyperShark said:

I have always been a fan of when stories really get into the swing of things, generally this is 60-80% of the way through. Although I do enjoy my fair bit of setup and world building as you had in a very early chapter of "The Biggest Little Vacation". Out of all of the chapters this one most shows Dani exploring and understanding what she is getting into, as well as getting a glimpse to what the relationship between Venessa  and Dani could be in time.

To be fair you have done the dramatic tension very well here. Giving us little bits ocassionally to remind us that it is a problem, but not too much as to see a resolution to the sub-plot, well played!

I do admit that when I got the audio ping of you posting the new chapter, I did skim read the chapter to see if Kailee or Aubrey were in it :D

"Vacation" is the oddball in my stories in that it had a sort of info-dumpy prologue and I never do that.  I like to give the info out about the setting while the story flows rather than pre-loading the reader with it.  But I wanted a change of venue pretty quickly in Vacation and didn't want to spend 3 chapters introducing the setting just to change it.

Now tell me, were you relieved, disappointed, pleased, or something else when you skimmed it and found that neither was present?

7 hours ago, Luap1123 said:

Yes Dani definitely needs to understand the joys of a pacifier! Not enough pacifier content in this story lol.

This is an fantastic story that is tremendously well written. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to read it.

I love pacis, you're right that there aren't enough in the story... but there will be more soon :)

7 hours ago, Hopsalot said:

I don’t know what’s gonna happen but I feel like a key difference is how Dani is much more of a princess and much less a brat then kailee is and I’m really hoping that’s what’s going to allow them to stay together and live happily ever after, with neither of them breaking, but I can’t wait to see whatever does happen! I’m on the edge of my seat

My mommy-type didn't really understand the difference between a princess sub and a brat before she read this story, now she gets it :D

My default is "brat" but I can be a princess when I wanna.  I can be Jess or I can be Dani... though I fear that I'm Kailee.

Maybe Dani and Jess ditch Seth and Vanessa and go have a mad lesbian Littles Only relationship :O

4 hours ago, fyunch said:

Well, I am inclined to optimism.  The moan that Dani made when Vanessa stroked her diaper in Jess's room suggests that Dani is happily discovering her own passion.  Maybe she's just playing, but I have faith in Kimmy.

While Dani's progress is incredibly rapid, I think that's because she is more self-aware than the average vanilla-discovering-her-little-side.  That's just speculation, of course, but in my experience Kimmy's writing tends much more toward Pollyanna than toward the opposite.

There is a yet-unrevealed reason for Dani's quick progression, but I've also admitted that it's some artistic license in the name of the pacing of the story.

Chapter Thirty-One

I couldn't stop wiggling in Daddy's lap as Nessa led Dani back to my nursery.  I had played with other Littles before - mostly at the club but since Daddy didn't like most of the other Doms there, it was often uncomfortable.  The idea of having a playmate, one that would always be welcome in our home... it was intoxicating.  And Dani was new to being Little, unlike a lot of the brats at the club, so she'd want to try new things and I'd be able to show her things.

"I'd be like a big sister," I whispered aloud without even realizing it.

"What was that, Cupcake?" Daddy asked, snapping me back to reality.

"Nothing, Daddy," I blushed, squirming and turning around on his lap so I was facing him, straddling him.

"If it was worth saying once," he began in his Daddy-voice.

"Then it's worth repeating," I sighed.  If I didn't tell him now, I'd be in trouble and the last thing I wanted was for my evening with Nessa and Dani to get cut short.  "I was saying that Dani is a new Little, all of this is new to her... so that would make me the big sister."

"Oh really?" he laughed, that laugh that said I was wrong.  I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I am!  I'm the big sister, I've been a Little for a lot lot longer than she has," I insisted.  My logic was flawless.

"But you're a tiny helpless baby," he teased.  "And she's Vanessa's big girl, I think she would be the big sister."

"No," I protested, "I've got the experience, I'm the big sister."

"Does someone need her mittens to remind her how little she is?  Do we need to make sure you can only crawl?"

"No Daddy," I whined, but I had already fallen into the trap.  Telling him no was pointless, he'd just say I was being fussy.. but if I agreed with him, then he'd make sure I was the little sister.  There was only one move.  "Please can I be the big sister?  Please?"

"We'll see, Cupcake."  That was as good as I was going to get, I just had to assert my bigness at Dani.  I looked back to the nursery door, wondering what outfit she'd wear.  It would be so much fun if Nessa put her in some of the locking clothes!

The knock at the door meant that dinner was there.  I sat down on the floor at the coffee table and waited patiently.

"Ah ah," Daddy chided as he walked toward the door.  "High chair."

"But Daddy!" I fussed.  "We have company!"

"High chair," he said again, more sternly.  I huffed and moved to the kitchen as he answered the door and paid the delivery person.  Normally I'd put up more of a fight, but I really didn't want to get in trouble while Dani was there, I wanted as much time with her as possible.

Daddy carried the bags of food into the kitchen and set them on the counter before walking over to me, where I sat in the high chair.  He grabbed my wrist and began binding it to the chair with the cuff.  I panicked.

"No Daddy!" I complained, "Please, please can I feed myself?"  If he fed me, there was no way I'd be the big sister!  "Please Daddy...  I'll... " I searched for a bargain that he might go for, I didn't have much to offer, everything was done his way anyway.  "I'll... I won't sneak to the bathroom tomorrow while you're at work for any reason."

He stopped - that got his attention.  I grimaced, wishing I hadn't offered that one.  He knew I hated the feeling of being messy even though I loved the act of messing.  But he loved it when I humiliated myself that way.  If he was late coming home tomorrow, I'd be pissed.  Part of me knew that I could have called the 'yellow' safeword and talked about my feelings and how important is was to me, but I was so deep in Littlespace, I was so amped up, I didn't want to bring either of us out of it.

"Oh really?" he smiled.  He moved to the cabinet and pulled out the fiber powder.

"Daddyyyyyy," I whined.  "Please!"

"One glass and no sneaking tomorrow, and you've got a deal," he was serious.  If I backed down now, I'd be bound for dinner for sure.

"Fine," I pouted as he mixed the powder into a glass of water.  I wanted it gone before Dani came out.

I drained it quickly, chugging the water and handing it back to Daddy.  I was in for a gross day tomorrow.

I'd better get to be the big sister, I pouted to myself.  My head whipped around as the door to the nursery opened, and Nessa led Dani by the wrist toward the kitchen.  Daddy snapped my tray in place with my arms above the tray for once, but I wasn't even paying attention.  My eyes were fixed on Dani, her beautiful black hair up in pigtails as she walked my way in my very least favorite blue princess dress.  It looked amazing on her.

And then she turned around and flashed me!  She was wearing one of the hated Space diapers, and it absolutely looked like it belonged there.

I squealed and clapped.

"You actually have a high chair," Dani mused.  "That's... wow.  A crib, a high chair, a closet full of baby clothes... this really is your jam, huh?"

"Yeah," I blushed, feeling embarrassed at it all being laid out like that.  "It really wasn't originally, my kink was being tied up.  Suspension, shibari, anything that bound me so I couldn't escape... until I met Daddy.  He was so different, and he helped me realize that... the binding was just part of it.  I had no idea I'd like this until Daddy introduced me to it."

"I know what you mean," she smiled.  She bobbed her head back and forth her pigtails swishing.  "That feels so weird, I haven't worn pigtails since I was a kid!"

"Well you look like a Little now," I beamed, laying my arms down on the high chair tray.  Daddy dropped a bowl of butter chicken in front of me.  "Yay!" I grinned... when I realized he hadn't given me a fork.  "Daddy, can I- "  Nessa cleared her throat and I blushed.  She was so adamant about how I said things!  "May I please," I tried again, "have a fork?"

"Aren't you too little for a fork?" Dani teased.  "Maybe he should just feed you."

"Dani!" I gasped, "Betrayer!  Little solidarity!"  Daddy dropped the fork on my tray and I snatched it quickly, holding it close to my chest before anyone tried to grab it from me.  Dani laughed at me as Vanessa prepared her plate.  

Daddy tied a bib around my neck as Vanessa and Dani went for the living room, there just wasn't enough space in the kitchen for all four of us.  Daddy sat in his usual spot at the tiny card table that served as our kitchen table - we didn't need much of one since I always sat in the high chair.  I smirked as Vanessa grabbed a bib from the drawer as well.

I was going to be the big sister.

It took me two days to work up the courage, but as I disposed of what I intended to be my last ever messy diaper, tossing it in the apartment complex dumpster, I decided that it was finally time.

Part of me had hoped that Aubrey would get bored, that she would let up.  I had given up begging for mercy and just went along with whatever she wanted.  We ate what she wanted, we watched what she wanted, I cleaned what she wanted, and I wore what she wanted.

You'd think she would be happy.

But she wasn't.

It was like she looked for the tiniest mistake, like she demanded absolute perfection from me at all times and I was stressed out to the point that I didn't want to eat any more.  Which only got me in trouble for "not finishing my plate", which got me a spanking.  Any reason was a good reason to give me a spanking.  The bruises no longer surprised me when I bathed.

As I stood at the door, ready to re-enter the apartment, I took a deep breath.  Aubrey was on the couch, watching her show, one of those medical dramas that I hated.  I zoned out or played on my phone most of the time when we watched.

This was it.

I pushed the door open and walked over, pouring a glass of water from the fridge.  My hands were shaking.  The ice rattled in the cup as I took a drink, my hands were shaking so badly I couldn't drink quietly.

The show ended and Aubrey stretched on the couch, reaching for the remote.

"I can't do this anymore, Aubrey," I said a little too loudly, trying to find my confidence.  Her head whipped around at her name and her eyes narrowed.  I straightened my shoulders.  "I don't want to wear the diapers any more, and I need this to stop."

"You don't get to decide that," she snapped.  "I do."

"Please listen," I begged.  I didn't want to blackmail her, I had no idea what she would do, I had no idea if she'd be my friend when it was done.  I had no idea if she'd hit me.  "I can't do this any more.  You're my friend and I love you, but you're hurting me."

"So you're moving out then?" Aubrey stood and crossed her arms, walking toward me slowly.  My heart immediately started beating faster.  "Because I'm pretty sure you have nowhere else to go, babygirl."

"Aubrey, please!" I begged, backing away from the counter.  She was standing at the entrance to the kitchen area now, I was cornered.  I felt stupid for starting this conversation from the kitchen - the counter was too tall and she was blocking the only exit.  I was trapped.  "Please, you're my friend!  Please stop hurting me!"

"You like it," she spat, sneering at me.  It was at that moment that I realized Aubrey didn't like me.  She hated me.  "You beg for it.  You misbehave on purpose so I'll spank you, so you can go play with yourself while you think about it."

"No," I shook my head.  "It's not fun anymore.  Diapers aren't fun anymore.  I want to stop.  I want things to go back to normal."

"Normal?" she laughed, a harsh sound, a mean sound.  "You've been moping around, longing for your perfect, mean, dominant mommy for years, ever since that bitch dumped you.  You finally have it.  You should be happy."

"I miss my friend!" I blurted, on the verge of tears.  "I miss my best friend, the person I would cry to - not the person who makes me cry!"

Aubrey's face clouded up, she didn't like that one.  She was mad.  She strode toward me, fury in her eyes.  I raised my hands instinctively.

"If you touch me, I'm sending the video of you fucking Benny to his wife!"  I screeched, my butt pressed against the cabinets, leaning backward over the counter.

"You'll what?" she stopped cold, shocked.

"I'll tell Benny's wife that you're fucking him," I repeated, my voice shaky.

"You copied those off my phone?" she asked, hurt.  My heart broke and I felt beyond guilty, even though I hadn't actually done that.  Vanessa said that I wasn't allowed to tell Aubrey where the files had come from, she'd never speak to me again if I did.

"I want my friend back," I pleaded.

"You're blackmailing me?" she stepped back, bracing herself against the wall.  "I've been doing all this stuff for you!  I've been the perfect mean mommy for you."

"I don't want it anymore.  I want my friend back."

"I can't believe you," Aubrey turned around, walking away.  "I fulfilled your every fantasy, I gave you everything you wanted even though it made me feel like a shitty person, and you're blackmailing me so I'll stop?  I've bent over backwards for you, Kailee!"

"I'm sorry," I stepped toward her, reaching toward her.  I laid my hand gently on her shoulder.  I never expected her to react the way she did.

Aubrey whipped around and suddenly her hand was on my throat.  My eyes widened and both of my hands went to her wrist instinctively.  She was squeezing, her fingers digging into my flesh.  I felt more frightened in that moment than I had in my entire life.

"You are so selfish," she growled.  "I did all of this for you."

"I'm sorry, please don't kill me," I begged, tears streaming down my face.  She let go of me like I was on fire, stepping back and looking deeply hurt.

"What?" she asked, stunned.  "I would never... I... "  She looked down at her hands.  Tears were streaming down her face.  "I love you."

"Then please," I whispered.  "Please stop hurting me."

I flinched as she moved toward me, but Aubrey, my best friend, pulled me into a tight hug.  We cried for a long time.  We cried until our legs gave out and we slid to the ground, just hugging and crying.

I cried from relief, I cried from fear, I cried from pain, I cried from exhaustion.

I cried.

• Like 10

"Vacation" is the oddball in my stories in that it had a sort of info-dumpy prologue and I never do that.  I like to give the info out about the setting while the story flows rather than pre-loading the reader with it.  But I wanted a change of venue pretty quickly in Vacation and didn't want to spend 3 chapters introducing the setting just to change it.

Now tell me, were you relieved, disappointed, pleased, or something else when you skimmed it and found that neither was present?

In my non-ABDL reading I tend to read things that have heavy lore and worldbuilding where I can really get my toes deep in the intricacies of the world in question. (books like The Mistborn Series and Lord of the Rings)

I would say that as a general rule, my favorite parts of your stories (mostly applies to your DD stories) are the parts where we (the audience) get to see the wider context of the world you have built.

But I do understand that it is not everyones cup of tea.

I would not say I had any emotion apart from curiosity when I flicked through to see if it was there. I was not particularly disappointed to not see it there. It added to the tension :P

Also @RambleLamb I don't think that bear is needed anymore.

Did... did the Aubrey/Kailee arc just work itself out without anymore bloodshed? Did Vanessa's unscrupulous plan for helping Kailee actually succeed?

YAY! :girl_happy:I'm so happy for them! I never really hated Aubrey. I hated what she was doing, but Kimmy will attest that I've found Aubrey to be an interesting character almost from the start. And not an "interesting to imagine them getting mauled by a bear" kind of thing. But an "I want to see her redeemed in some way" kind of thing.

But now I'm extra especially scared for Vanessa & Dani. Because logically now the emotional climax has to happen on their end. :ninja: Unless this was the emotional climax and the next chapter or two will just be an epilogue wrapping things up so everyone can have their happily ever after? (I doubt it.)

Chapter Thirty-One

"I can't believe you," Aubrey turned around, walking away.  "I fulfilled your every fantasy, I gave you everything you wanted even though it made me feel like a shitty person, and you're blackmailing me so I'll stop?  I've bent over backwards for you, Kailee!"

"I'm sorry," I stepped toward her, reaching toward her.  I laid my hand gently on her shoulder.  I never expected her to react the way she did.

Aubrey whipped around and suddenly her hand was on my throat.  My eyes widened and both of my hands went to her wrist instinctively.  She was squeezing, her fingers digging into my flesh.  I felt more frightened in that moment than I had in my entire life.

"You are so selfish," she growled.  "I did all of this for you."

"I'm sorry, please don't kill me," I begged, tears streaming down my face.  She let go of me like I was on fire, stepping back and looking deeply hurt.

"What?" she asked, stunned.  "I would never... I... "  She looked down at her hands.  Tears were streaming down her face.  "I love you."

"Then please," I whispered.  "Please stop hurting me."

I flinched as she moved toward me, but Aubrey, my best friend, pulled me into a tight hug.  We cried for a long time.  We cried until our legs gave out and we slid to the ground, just hugging and crying.

I cried from relief, I cried from fear, I cried from pain, I cried from exhaustion.

I cried.

Holy shit!!! That was some tonal whiplash. I think Aubrey just had a "My God what have I done?" moment.  I think she realized that she had become her mother. (slow claps before building to thunderous applause)

I am curious how many chapters this story will be.  Do you know, Kimmy?

Also, I think there may be a secret about Dani .....  that we don't know yet.  Just a guess from Kimmy saying why Dani slid so fast into Little that hasn't been revealed.

7 minutes ago, RambleLamb said:

@HyperShark Oh, it's needed, my friend. Maybe not here, but it will show up somewhere when it's needed most.

lol

Wow.... That last chapter.... Aubrey and Kaylee.... just wow. I didn't know how it was gonna end but in the back of my head was a thought that Kimmy would probably kill off a character if she felt she needed to 

7 hours ago, ELLIE52 said:

I'm shocked but in a good way.  I had hoped someone would wake up, and it seems they have.

Now she just needs to grab a brush and put on a little makeup, hide those scars and fade away that shakeup.

And find her keys.

7 hours ago, BabySiras said:

Whelp, there's at least two girl's breaking

But what happens now that their tension has broken?  Could you live with someone who abused you like that?

Could you look yourself in the mirror after abusing someone else that way?

2 hours ago, RambleLamb said:

No guesses and no bear wishes this time, just wanted to say that you did an excellent job once again and I can't wait for more.

Thank you, thank you - I'm glad you're enjoying it.

2 hours ago, HyperShark said:

In my non-ABDL reading I tend to read things that have heavy lore and worldbuilding where I can really get my toes deep in the intricacies of the world in question. (books like The Mistborn Series and Lord of the Rings)

I would say that as a general rule, my favorite parts of your stories (mostly applies to your DD stories) are the parts where we (the audience) get to see the wider context of the world you have built.

But I do understand that it is not everyones cup of tea.

I would not say I had any emotion apart from curiosity when I flicked through to see if it was there. I was not particularly disappointed to not see it there. It added to the tension :P

Also @RambleLamb I don't think that bear is needed anymore.

I love heavy lore worlds, and I built DD Europa slowly over several stories... I just don't like to have the worldbuilding be quite so blatant.  I like it to be subtle, like "Best of It".  "Little Choices" was less subtle, "Vacation" was downright blatant.

I'm super glad you like it though.

I have to think about the logical underpinnings of things, the way a fictional choice might affect a fictional world's economy fascinates me.

1 hour ago, Wannatripbaby said:

Did... did the Aubrey/Kailee arc just work itself out without anymore bloodshed? Did Vanessa's unscrupulous plan for helping Kailee actually succeed?

YAY! :girl_happy:I'm so happy for them! I never really hated Aubrey. I hated what she was doing, but Kimmy will attest that I've found Aubrey to be an interesting character almost from the start. And not an "interesting to imagine them getting mauled by a bear" kind of thing. But an "I want to see her redeemed in some way" kind of thing.

But now I'm extra especially scared for Vanessa & Dani. Because logically now the emotional climax has to happen on their end. :ninja: Unless this was the emotional climax and the next chapter or two will just be an epilogue wrapping things up so everyone can have their happily ever after? (I doubt it.)

I will attest - you've been hoping Aubrey would turn a corner at any moment.  Your meta-pondering amuses me :)

What will happen next?  Everything's going so well!

56 minutes ago, YourFNF said:

Holy shit!!! That was some tonal whiplash. I think Aubrey just had a "My God what have I done?" moment.  I think she realized that she had become her mother. (slow claps before building to thunderous applause)

*curtsies*  Thank you, thank you.

It was some whiplash, but I did kinda warn about that in my comments yesterday ;)

55 minutes ago, ELLIE52 said:

I am curious how many chapters this story will be.  Do you know, Kimmy?

Also, I think there may be a secret about Dani .....  that we don't know yet.  Just a guess from Kimmy saying why Dani slid so fast into Little that hasn't been revealed.

I know exactly how many chapters it is, because I finished writing the book over the weekend.  I wrote over 20,000 words between Friday and Sunday night.  It was kinda crazy.

There are fewer then 10 chapters left, but I won't say how many.

41 minutes ago, RambleLamb said:

@HyperShark Oh, it's needed, my friend. Maybe not here, but it will show up somewhere when it's needed most.

My next story features a bear that mauls someone.  Just for you.  I've already written the foreshadowing of said mauling into the beginning of the story.

9 minutes ago, thedman said:

Wow.... That last chapter.... Aubrey and Kaylee.... just wow. I didn't know how it was gonna end but in the back of my head was a thought that Kimmy would probably kill off a character if she felt she needed to 

I am not opposed to killing off a character, but I felt like that would be a kind of cop-out.  Aubrey could get no growth if she were dead, nor could Kailee if it went the other way, and neither would grow if they were in jail.

I hope their actual ending is more satisfying than the shock value of "and then she killed her".