LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Split Molicare Maxi

I went into the bathroom yesterday morning after getting up to find that my plastic faced Molicare Maxi had split in the back from top to bottom overnight with damp filling dropping everywhere.  Very embarrasing although the mattress was saved by a waterproof undersheet.  i would note that the tapes were not overtight and I am not over sized fir the medium.

It has ruined my confidence in this product and probably put back my sleepwetting, that was just easing in,  by quite a bit.   Has anyone else had the same problem?

I read posts here at times from people who have said their diaper split in back as well.  It appears it can happen with many brands of plastic backed diapers.  Some have said all it takes is dirty rollers that the plastic rolls along during manufacturing to cause a weekness or perforation of the plastic in that area.  Was this the first diaper from the package, or have the others all been OK?  If you just started the package and it happens again, I'd take a picture of the split diaper and contact Molicare about it with the batch or lot number from the package.  They may send you free replacements.  Weather you choose to use them based on your lack of confidence is up to you, but think about this - every product can have something happen unexpectedly and if it was the normal instead of unexpected, they wouldn't remain in business or continue having a good customer base.  Try some others in the package to see if they have the same problem, but if you have any, slip a pair of plastic pants over the Molicare to help contain the filling if it does split.

I've had this before with Molicare products, they simply split along the bum from top to bottom when wearing for a long time. I think the plastic may not be strong enough for full wettings, so I changed to Euronform originally and never had the issue again, I'd suggest perhaps a thicker nappy at night or as most tell me terry nappies for comfort ;)

I've had a few other brands split up the backside as well.  I can't ever recall one of my Molicares splitting but I know I've had the old style Attends split, Abena L4's, and Bambino Classico's split as well.  In all instances it was a one off and the remaining diapers in the package were fine.

Had this happen before with some other diapers. One one wing ripped off, another was a small slit. Able to change before someone noticed.  Most embarrassing was I was in disposables headed some where in my car with light tan shorts and I looked down and saw a wet spot about a quarter form on the front. I stopped at the nearest gas station to change, but forgot my spare diapers. The spot was growing slow. I asked the clerk for some tape( they didn't sell any) he was like why? I whispered. He didn't hear me so in a panic I said for my leaking Diapers. Just as some came in. I ran to the bathroom and taped the pin hole shut. Dryed my shorts with the hand dryer. He gave me the oddest look as I left. 

just woken up and comfortably damp with nomleaks.  My split Molicare must have been a one off as it has not re-occured.  Anyway, I must hope so as I have just irdered another batch. i have noticed before that catching the plastic with a jagged nail does easily rip it, this must have just been a more catastrophic failure.  

I wear Moli Slip Maxi's every day and am doing a lot of movement in blue jeans at work, but only once has one split. That has happened with other diapers too including the old Tena Slip Maxi's with thick plastic. It's a random thing or it can be a problem with the whole batch they made. My spare diapers for away-from-home changes are always from a tested batch in case I run into a batch problem which so far I haven't :girl_happy: Splits and leaks go with the game- you can never be 100% certain your protection will work so you have to be ready for that :whistling:

I find Moli's to be as good as you can get, with only the occasional tape problem. I wouldn't condemn them all because of one split but if I got a bad batch I'd be looking to return them for more from a different batch. Otherwise I live with the occasional problem because you're going to find that with all mass-produced things including diapers :rolleyes:

Bettypooh

Welcome to the world of disposable diapers. It is common enough to have its own  name; "diaper blowout" and is a problem I do not have. In the world of infants, this is called a"poo-mergency" Two workds: rubber panties. And do not let them con you into believing you do not need them. You do