LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

DL in the making

Diaperjake

You don't tell them anything.

Kids do all sorts of weird stuff, it is how they learn, you shouldn't assign meaning where there may not be any. When I was around their age me and my cousins, roughly the same age, did a similar thing with nappies on occasion and I'm pretty sure I am the only one of them who ended up ABDL.

You would be opening a can of worms that you wouldn't be able to close, and assigning a possibly sexual thing (whether you or I see it that way, there is a strong possibility the kids parents my think it is that way) on a child is wrong. Imagine bringing up ABDL and you turned out to be wrong? You and your friend would suddenly have this ABDL thing in front of you and it will make things awkward.

Even if you did tell them... What would you expect to happen? Whether the kids parents learn of ABDL or not I'm not sure how it would change anything positively. I'm not sure how this knowledge would help them with anything. It may even make the kids life harder because they may think ABDL is something they want rid of.

Your best course of action, in my opinion, is to not mention anything more than you already have. You told the dad what his son was doing, there is no need to take it any further with him or his kid.

• Like 1

This is the first website I've discovered and then discovered fetlife from this. the sooner he discovers these sites (when leagal) the more accepting and normal he'll feel since he can meet people with his interests and desires. I really wish I had these sites available to me when I was 18 (1998)

Yeah,back then, we had bulitin boards, but they were hard to find, and we're filled with psychos. It wasn't until I was 17 that I even knew there were others like me! Then DFP changed my life! I finally discovered I wasn't a one man freak show! I know that site went down hill, but back then it was my only connection.

I'm with Bettypooh on this one. If your friend asks why you were Googling what happened, just tell him that you wanted to see if anyone else had gone through a similar situation as your friend. (Obviously we know the answer, but he doesn't need to know that.)

Anyone suggesting that this just be swept under the rug is only contributing to the perpetual loop of what we've all had to suffer through when there's no reason to continue it. If this kid has taken diapers in the past on several occasions, he definitely has DL tendencies, and will likely be a closet DL who spends a good portion of his life ashamed of himself, and who inevitably winds up sneaking onto sites like this as a teenager lurker in a few years, while hopefully being one of the people who registers and joins that really long list of "guest members" who aren't supposed to be here. The sooner parents realize what they're dealing with, the sooner we can put an end to the closet DLs and this wheel of shame that comes with them.

I know I'd never want to be in the situation that you were in Diaperjake, on one hand I think you did the right thing by telling the kids father, because he does deserve to know what his kid is doing. On the other hand, I feel like by telling the kids father, you may have subjected this kid to some level of unnecessary punishment, while knowing that what he's done is mostly harmless, save for the missing diaper, which you've admitted you don't really care about. Part of me thinks that I might have done an "I'm going to let you off with a warning this time, but if I catch you taking a diaper again, I'm going to tell your father," since you know what was likely going on here. At the same time, I feel like a better informed parent could head off potential problems that arise from kids who are closeted DLs, including the occasional "diaper kleptomaniac" that lifts diapers because as a kid, he/she can't afford them, and has no other way to get them. A parent who knows what he's dealing with can at least buy them and dole them out as a reward for good grades and prevent this kind of situation. (The parent who knows why their kid is taking diapers can prevent them from doing so, unlike the parent taking shots in the dark just regurgitating the same failed speech that didn't work the first time.) Obviously you can't deal with this situation directly, but if you can find the right Google results for your friend, that could be helpful to him in the future when this happens again.

• Like 1
On 2/10/2016 at 2:15 PM, Dirty Diaper/Maxipad Lover said:

On the other hand, I feel like by telling the kids father, you may have subjected this kid to some level of unnecessary punishment, while knowing that what he's done is mostly harmless,

Gosh, I hadn't considered that aspect. Makes me feel kind of bad now...

I think I may have taken the "I'm gonna let you off the hook" approach, had I been the one to catch him instead of my 6 year old daughter. That's the part that caught me off guard.

We were already on high alert due to my wife finding a marker "tattoo" on my 6 year olds butt at bath time a few nights before. Turns out her friend put it there and mine gave her one too....

I know most likely these are all very innocent things. It's just so stinking hard being a parent! She's our oldest and we're in uncharted territory now!

I didn't mean to make you feel bad Diaperjake, and given the situation, I can certainly understand why you reacted the way that you did. I'd just like to think that under similar circumstances, I would be able to avoid something that could potentially lead to unnecessary punishment, especially for something that we've probably all feared being punished for at some point in our life.

Likewise, I understand not being able to take the "I'm gonna let you off the hook" approach with your daughter having been the one to catch the guest, and with the previous situation with her other friend. I can't imagine how difficult it must be for you as a parent when presented with something unexpected like the marker tattoo, but I can assure you that you're probably right about it being something completely innocent.

Clearing things up myself, there have been members here (one recently banned) who have advocated allowing underage teens and kids to "be themselves and wear diapers if they want to" so to speak, and encourage them that it's OK and all that.