LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Suddenly I Feel Bad About Where I Live

I've heard a lot of people from the USA talking about moving house recently. A lot of people in chat talking about houses with thousands of square feet of land or three+ bedrooms/bathrooms, etc...

I live in a one bedroom apartment/flat with my fiance that we bought about 1.5 years ago.

I actually like the flat. It is pretty small but for the two of us there is plenty of space, we are in a good area near lots of shopping/public transport/anything we need, we have a parking space and we are off the street so we don't need to worry much about crime or noise (only noise is usually a Sunday morning when the community church downstairs hold their services). Plus all our neighbours keep to themselves, rarely hear from them (the British way!)

What is making me feel bad is that we paid

At least it's yours- many of us will likely never own a home :( And most folks have far more 'home' than they really need on this side of the pond. I like living as cheaply as I can; I don't like heating and cooling space just to look at it. I once had just 248 SqFt of well-designed living space with about the same for storage and it was plenty for just me. A porch and a small yard made it nice. And I'm in what most would call a tiny house now and paying rent for it. I'm happy enough and that's all that matters. There's room and yard enough for my doggie, me, and some flowers. And a room for a shop when I get that project done. It wouldn't be crowded with another person here. So be happy with what you've got- it sounds a lot like here but you own it where I never will.

Bettypooh

I agree with Bettypooh. Your house, while small in your eyes, is owned by you. A lot of us Americans won't ever own a house, having to settle for either renting one, or renting an apartment instead. The house I rent is close to 100 years old, and while I do wish it was bigger in some ways, I also like that it's smaller too. BTW I like the British way of neighboring that you mention. Sounds nice.

I'm feeling better now.

It was definitely a case of the "green eyed monster" rearing his ugly head and making me jealous of the things others have. It was also very, very late that night and I hadn't slept so I was overtired.

Apologies, I didn't mean for it to sound like I am not grateful for what I have. It is just seeing others say that with the money we spent on this place we could have basically ggot a comparative mansion elsewhere.

33 and still renting apartment, its like throwing money out the window

I do consider buying, but first I have to pay down my car, which will take 3-4 years, then save up 1-2 years cause the laws are stupid (require 20% capital to buy a home)

Umm, big, west coast cities in the US (Silicon Valley, Seattle, Portland that I know of ) are stupid expensive compared to the more affordable east coast (as long as Manhattan or Washington DC area isn't your abode).

• 3 weeks later...

your place in London sounds really nice - Good On Ya'll!

ummmm... why would you want to live in 'murikkka? or be jealous of this place or anything associated with it...

the entire country is rapidly becoming [somehow] MORE infected with a savage and pernicious flavor of hatred that declares, quite proudly: "if it's different, hate it! - if it makes you feel insecure, persecute it! - if it makes you feel 'threatened', KILL IT!"

of course, if you are the police - just kill it anyway... the courts will white wash the whole matter...

stay away from this awful country... i'm working to leave as soon as i can POSSIBLY arrange it.

FULL DISCLOSURE: i have direct