LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

looking for advice

Felicity

It's about my best friend, he likes to act like a little kid at times, but his not very comfortable with the idea of being little around me, I was hoping to get advice on how to help make him more comfortable being a little kid around me, as I think he can be quite cute.

Just because someone may act like a kid sometimes doesn't necessarily mean they are into age play... I'm curious why you would sign up here just to ask this question unless you have been reading without signing up for a while.

If you are into age play then you may be biased and thinking you are seeing stuff he does as age play when he may just be goofing around or something. If you aren't into age play... Well, there is always the chance you are misreading the situation.

Either way, the best thing to do, is the same best thing to do in any situation like this, and that is to talk to your friend about it and see what they think. They are the only one who can really tell you what they are and what they are not.

I realise I should have explained the situation a little better. My friend and I have talked extensively on the subject of ABDL stuff, though I'm not as into any of it as he is. I know he has a child side, he's told me about it.

The problem is that he is uncomfortable with the idea of fully taking on his child side around me.

You can't make someone else do (or not do) anything- but you can give them a comfortable safe space which they can go into if you want to. In time they will go there as they feel comfortable doing. Some people timidly put a toe in the pool first and some jump right in so plan for either ;) Is he looking for a 'Mommy" and can you enjoy that role? Is he looking for another "Little" friend? Is he content with you as-is when he's little? Where do you fit into the picture? There's work and responsibility in being a 'parent' but it's easy to let yourself return to being a simple fun-loving kid again; in fact that 'little person' is the real you so it's good to touch base there once in awhile B) It can be as simple as sharing an ice cream cone or as complex as a planned weekend. Your relationship's dynamic comes into play here too- does he want you to be in charge, does he want that, or do you share the decision-making process? Will that change when he becomes a 'little'? And there's the question of how far back the regression will go- many of us do not want to be a baby, just a kid :girl_happy:

You can always enter the space gently, like going through the toy and game aisles when shopping together and seeing if he wants to stop to check something out. Playgrounds also tend to invoke 'little' feelings and so long as you're together shouldn't be a problem. Cartoons on the telly, kiddie-style dinnerware and foods- there are many things which can be blended into your lives easily that he might enjoy. You just have to watch his reactions and judge from there ;)

I'm not exactly a 'little', my utopia would be as a girl of about 9. But being in my late 50's I've seen a lot and I can positively tell you that adulthood isn't what it's made out to be. Too many obligations; too much responsibility. But you can't get away from that :(

There's nothing wrong (and a lot of right) in escaping the rat-race sometimes and letting your basic feelings guide you instead. When you can aim for having fun doing whatever you feel- that's what kids do :girl_happy: Don't let social pressures tell you 'no'

My friend told me I should come to this site to ask for advice, since I still don't have too much knowledge on this stuff, and he doesn't really know what we should do to alleviate this problem. I don't want to act as his mummy or carer, and he doesn't really want me to be that either, I'm better suited to the role of big sister/older but not adult, but I haven't been able to get into the mindset to see him as 4, and until I can he wont be comfortable acting little around me.

Then perhaps he can find some 'little' friends nearby where he can have his 'little time' without interfering with your relationship. It's tough when you can't find common ground but as long as you can reach a workable compromise it can still work out. Just be sure to always have communications open between you so that both will know what is going on so and you can remain on the same page and be together even if some parts have to remain separate to make the relationship work.

Bettypooh