LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

13 spitfire fly past

If u happen to live in lincolnshire uk or close to it, today on the 13th august between 1600 & 1700 you are in for a very rare treat...

http://www.raf.mod.uk/bbmf/news/index.cfm?storyid=506F6D76-5056-A318-A83B6D2C0390A3CE

13+ spitfires will be taking off from humberside international airport to split into three groups and fly over as many towns as fuel permits to comemorate the anniversary of the german operation that became known as the battle of britain.

• Like 1

Oh how I would love to see and hear that, the drone of the bombers and the roar of the fighters with all the engines humming the tune of power! So cool...would love a picture if someone can catch it! ;)

• 1 month later...

Thirty odd years ago, rec'ing for an MG car club rally on the boarders of Wales, I passed a pub next to a WW2 scrap yard with a real Spitfire outside it.

I wonder if it is still there?

England's best and almost only fighter in 1939 was the Hawker Hurricane and the predominant Battle of Britain fighter was the Hurricane, fortunately ordered very late in the day by the government, but concieved from the outset as a fighter.

The Spitfire was a shoestring development of a privately sponsered seaplane in 1931.

Boeing had the advantage in 1940 of building on the example of the Hurricane, Spitfire and the Messerschmitt with the aid of full-sized wind tunnel testing, and the luxury of considerable state funding without the preasure of being at war.

As the American war effort was uninterupted by bombing, they were able to perfect the Mustang before the Italian, Pacific and Normandy campainges, by which time its aerodynamics, maintenance, reliability, endurance and refinement and sheer numbers made it second to none as the most effective fighter.