LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I need help

jag

I have been interested in this lifestyle since I was a young child who wet the bed until his teens. I have always suppressed the urges.... and they always come back. I have experimented with depends pull-ups, tranquility pull-ups, and have bought some dependeco diapers. I just can't figure out a system that works well for me. Recently I bought some samples from XP medical - I ordered some tena super stretch diapers and some boosters. I can't seem to figure out how to make this work well for me...

Most of my wetting is voluntary - I do take a few med's that occasionally make this much more urgent. I need to be able to slide down my protection to use the restroom if required - but plan to wet in my diapers 99% of the time.

My issues: The super stretch size medium is a perfect fit for me - but seems to leak after 1 wetting (I can't have this at work). With the booster - the leakage wasn't an issue - but the volume of the diaper was uncomfortable and rubbed on the insides of my legs. Also, they seem inefficient - they only seem to absorb in the front. The padding in the very bottom and back never seem to swell so I feel like the change is premature. The booster is an issue because it broke apart inside of the super stretch which was messy. I had hoped to be able to just change out boosters throughout the day as needed.

I really need some advice as to how to make this work - I can't waddle around work all day, I can't be leaking, I do want to be wet and really want to be able to trust my diaper..... What combination do I try?

Hi Jag,

A pad/pant system seems ideal in your situation, where you wear a highly absorbent incontinence pad (not a menstrual one) beneath a special brief-like mesh or stretch pant. When you visit the bathroom, you'll have the option of pulling down the pant and switching in a new pad, or otherwise voiding like normal.

It will feel a bit like a diaper, but it won't necessarily look like one... So if that is important, you'll need to try another.

The best disposable pull-up on the market, in my mind, is the Abena Abri-Flex *3. It has superior absorption as well as, most importantly, a working standing leak guard. However, it is a bit SAP-heavy and will be prone to leakage if you flood after the first wetting. I could usually flood it twice, and then a small third if I lay on my back, but I would have to trickle from then on. Teaching your body to "go" in tiny amounts will "go" a long way to making any diaper last longer.

Another option may be to layer a cloth booster into the Tena Super Stretch you already own. It will add a small bit of volume between your legs, there's no getting around it, but it will not tear. Having the booster running along the length of the diaper will also aid in fluid distribution.

Lastly, and I know this will be unpopular!, but if you enjoy flooding and don't mind making multiple trips to the bathroom, a cheap drugstore diaper might be able to satisfy. Choices such as CVS fitted briefs, or Walgreens Certainty. They're all essentially the same product, and there may be an overseas equivalent if you do not live in the USA.

Flood it, dump it, strap on a new one. :)

You could also look into a

Any diaper that is going to be able to hold a couple of floodings isn't going to be thin. This seems to be a classic of what everyone wants, yet simply does not exist. If you want thin and not noticeable, then you will not have a very absorbent diaper. If you get an absorbent diaper, then it will not be thin (or cheap).

I personally believe that a thick diaper is less noticeable than a thin one that has leaked. I also believe you are giving the people around you too much credit. Most any normal person isn't going to be looking at, or will notice, a little extra bulge around your crotch. Even if they do manage to see it, they still wont recognize it for what it is. Don't believe me, look at this link.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJG698U2Mvo

This particular fear is all in your head, so go ahead and just wear the diaper you need to without worrying about what someone else may or may not notice (let alone think).

I have been interested in this lifestyle since I was a young child who wet the bed until his teens. I have always suppressed the urges.... and they always come back. I have experimented with depends pull-ups, tranquility pull-ups, and have bought some dependeco diapers. I just can't figure out a system that works well for me. Recently I bought some samples from XP medical - I ordered some tena super stretch diapers and some boosters. I can't seem to figure out how to make this work well for me...

Most of my wetting is voluntary - I do take a few med's that occasionally make this much more urgent. I need to be able to slide down my protection to use the restroom if required - but plan to wet in my diapers 99% of the time.

My issues: The super stretch size medium is a perfect fit for me - but seems to leak after 1 wetting (I can't have this at work). With the booster - the leakage wasn't an issue - but the volume of the diaper was uncomfortable and rubbed on the insides of my legs. Also, they seem inefficient - they only seem to absorb in the front. The padding in the very bottom and back never seem to swell so I feel like the change is premature. The booster is an issue because it broke apart inside of the super stretch which was messy. I had hoped to be able to just change out boosters throughout the day as needed.

I really need some advice as to how to make this work - I can't waddle around work all day, I can't be leaking, I do want to be wet and really want to be able to trust my diaper..... What combination do I try?

Agreed with Baby Brian- any high-capacity diaper isn't going to be thin, so you have to make a choice here. Are you going to seek discretion or absorbency? Discretion may seem less risky but if you use your diapers it isn't because the lower absorbency means you're more likely to leak which ain't discreet at all :o Low absorbency also means more changes which leaves you with a diaper that needs to be disposed of which may also be a problem. Everyone who goes 24/7 has this same dilemma, and most of us have discovered that the correct answer is adequate absorbency :)

Most of us can get through the workday with one diaper, or can change at lunch break. A good premium diaper will get you through this. Most of those the work well have plastic backing which can be noisy but that normally isn't a problem unless you're in a very quiet environment. Some of the cloth-like backed diapers have the needed capacity but do not have equal waterproofing. If you never sit down or don't use much of their capacity they might work for you, but again you're risking the ultimate indiscretion of leaking :( So most of us who wear 24/7 go for a plastic backed premium diaper and very few of us have had any comments about it being noticed. There are several of good plastic-backed diapers available and how well they fit (which varies with everyone's different shape) seems to be the deciding factor for most of us. A diaper that fits you well is far less prone to leak than one which had gaps or moves around on you. And most of us want to wear plastic-backed diapers anyway :blush:

• Like 1

Yeah, that is another thing I'm picking up on. A few others have said before that cloth disposables outside the US are far better than the ones we have in the US, even among ones of the exact same name brand.

Overall absorbency is directly related to a diaper's thickness after wetting, not necessarily before. It's simple physics- it takes a certain space to hold a given amount and nothing can change that <_< What does change is how each diaper handles that and based on that method there will be a difference in initial thickness. A small amount of SAP will hold a lot. It starts out with a small volume and gets larger as it absorbs. The same amount of pulp needed to equal that capacity is thicker at the start and shows less growth in size as that capacity becomes used. After wetting both will be close to the same size, and that can have a part to play in deciding which diaper you prefer ;)

I prefer lots of absorbency along with minimal change in my visible shape, so for me I'd rather start out thick and remain that way instead of starting thin and growing larger throughout the day. Yet I choose to wear a diaper that starts out thin and grows when I'm at work because there are many other things to consider in the choice of a diaper :rolleyes: My choice works best for me- it may not work at all for you. It's nice to have so many choices available so that you too can find what is best for you knowing that it will be close to ideal for you B) And in the end that's what matters most!

Bettypooh

Yeah, I order from xpmedical all of the time. Gary's testing is a lot more "real world" than most manufacturer's. Still his testing is done static, you really need to be moving around in them, sitting on it, etc. I can understand his testing limitations though, and it is at least a good starting point, but even his