LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

DD Videos not working

Using two browsers, I can't get any of the DD videos to run. Also, the number count isn't progressing so there must be a fault. Anyone esle having problems viewing them?

We are aware of this. It is likely a non-recoverable error as the software is no longer made and it can't handle our updated server software, but we're working on alternatives and have saved copies of all videos

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Do they still exist ? looking for a old video 

On 8/26/2015 at 5:46 PM, DailyDi said:

All of the videos that were not corrupt have been uploaded to the new site

I meant to quote u in that reply but I’m not used to forums 

• 1 month later...
On 6/16/2022 at 11:13 AM, DailyDi said:

We don't have a working video system at the moment

Fair however are the videos from the old database lost forever?

3 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

Most are sadly, I did not have a backup of the member-uploaded vids.

@DailyDi

Mikey and I, being that we know about databases, no of the importance of having backups of a lot of different things.One of the things I learned when I ended up building my websites, especially for my business website, was that you must back up not only your web files in the var www.directory , but you have to find all of your databases, and when you do that you back up every single database you have . If you don't do that, you could have all of the web files that you built , but without the data file and the database it's like having a peanut butter and Jelly sandwich without the Jelly or the peanut butter and Jelly sandwich without the peanut butter: it just doesn't work at all.

I believe the last time something major happened on DD, something got corrupted in the database, and a lot of stories took a walk off a short pier. It took a long time for DD admins to be able to clean up all of the corrupted files, and then, they posted statuses in the form that told of what happened. I believe, and Mikey can correct me if I'm wrong, that we lost a lot of different stories because of the data corruption, and there were a lot of pages that had corrupt data all over them, and we had an admin going through every single post in the stories forum, and spent hours going through and cleaning that up. When he finally got done doing this, he posted that the stories form had been gone through.

We also learned that a lot of stories had been lost, some of them, they might have had backups for, and if they did, anything they did have was restored as far as they went. There were many many many stories and posts that were lost because of the database corruption. Losing a database is like pulling out your heart and stepping on it! Being administrator myself I lost one of my entire websites and had to reconstruct it from the ground level, simply because I did not take the time necessary to go through every single database and back it up again. I assumed, that I had a copy of that database somewhere, and while I had a backup of the data from June of 19 for example, 90% of the new functionality I added to the website was history because I did not get a chance to back up the database that maintained my business website. I had all of the remaining databases, but I lost the one that I really really wanted and really really needed.So I had to spend months and months and months to restore my sight from the data that I did have back to the way it looks today . This is why it is very very very very important to do backups of anything else that you think is important. Mikey knows this, and so does his admin team.

I'm sure when he had to deal with this, he had to deal with a lot of things that were outrageous aggravating, and he probably shed a few tears himself because I would assume this site itself has a database that is longer than 10,000 trucks. When you have a site that is this big or this popular, you have to make sure that your data is backed up, and even when Mike does that, he could have all the backups in the world and make sure everything is right, but strange things can happen and data can disappear. That is why I'm anal when it comes to backing up data. People tell me I have way too many backups I have way too many discs I have way too many files. But I'll tell you one thing, because I have some of the files I have at least I can look back and see what data I do have. From time to time, I will go in there and I will prune all the data in my sites to make sure that I don't have data that is so old that it is predating one of the major changes. If I make a major change to my website, I do a complete backup of that file. This is why it is important to for each domain to make virtual directories. For each site, I can go to a particular directory, and then do a backup of just that site period since I have 4, I do 4 backups, plus one for my main site, which is basically the page you see when you go to BBDC. I have learned from experience and so has Mikey that you can back up many many many times, but it only takes one screw up, and bad things can happen, causing more agony than you can ever ever ever experience.

I felt sorry for DD when that happened: what our admin team did during that gargantuan operation is something that is beyond amazing. I can tell you just like Mikey can probably confirm that it takes hours of painstaking work to make sure that everything is cleaned up.

Additionally, I'm not sure how Mike takes care of anything that he backs up as long as they are videos or files that are big ones. Not sure if there is a way that he connects them so that all of the videos are easily backed up, or if he needs additional space to hold those. Irregardless of that, when you lose data it can be a nightmare, and This is why I am anal when it comes to backups. People think I'm crazy for doing this, but it saves your *** on a few occasions I can tell you right now!

Thank you Mike and all of your admins for everything that you have done and will continue to do! It is a testament in the love dedication skill and professionalism that they all show as they continue to make this site better.  Guys like us know that sites like this are labors of love, and we love our domains and we love our servers and we love our websites there's definitely , and would fight for them as much as we can when we have to .

Brian